Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some laptop recommendations please willing to spend 3-500, main use will be Internet,streaming etc with a vague long term plan of learning to code and becoming a billionaire. Where should I be looking? Presumably steer clear of currys/PC world?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Can anyone recommend a doc on Hurricane Katrina?
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Is attheraces usa racing always a terrible picture? I know its sd rather than hd but other stations manage to get watchable sd. This is like lego bricks rather than pixels.

Comment

Re: water charges. Let's say the government came out and said 'OK I suppose we do pay for water already through xyz tax (was there something about it being rolled into motor tax years ago?) but having it as a transparent charge run through a separate entity is obviously the way to go. As a conciliatory measure we will remove the following: ________.

What would _______ have to be end all this?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Re: water charges. Let's say the government came out and said 'OK I suppose we do pay for water already through xyz tax (was there something about it being rolled into motor tax years ago?) but having it as a transparent charge run through a separate entity is obviously the way to go. As a conciliatory measure we will remove the following: ________.

What would _______ have to be end all this?
            child benefit
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone remember the bin charges protests?

Similar stuff - same outcome imo
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

American Pharoah gubbed at Saratoga.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        On to a vastly more important development. Our apartment was rented without an oven, much to our surprise but apparently standard here for non-furnished places (which is 90%+ places). Been trying to work out how you install an oven this last while, in between many 'wtf?' Anywho we decided to instead go for a multicooker.

Jesus, the future has arrived. Fck me, but they are brilliant. Excellent risotto involved chopping things on some other automated gadget we got for a total time spent of a minute. Throwing everything in the multicooker. Pressing a button. And 15 minutes later: ta-da!

Pressure cooker, regular cooker, steamer, baker. And with fairly brill outcomes. As you can tell I'm rather excited. Did start the purchase decision thinking of the past brilliant ideas of slowcooker, ice cream maker, and the very-close-to-buying dehydrator (wife: think of the money I'll save on dried bananas) and sous vide contraption (me to wife: your stomping on my Michelin dreams).

How are these not more widely known / used???
                        I cooked a chicken in a gas oven today. Still hate the cutting up bit (those youtube vids make it look so easy). Only modern innovation was using a digital thermometer to make sure it was done.

Comment

Comment

And now a safety question (well one more after this).

We have this bookcase:

Made of glass and chrome and no attachment to the wall or obvious way to attach it to the wall. I'm a bit concerned about eventual baby climbing even though it's stable enough. How would I go about ensuring it doesn't topple. I was thinking maybe wrap some metal wire around an upper shelf and then screw that wire into the wall with one of those special restraining screws. Doesn't seem the best plan though.
                            I'd attach the wire to both of the upper 'legs'. I still remember one of my nieces, more than 20 years ago pulling down a crt TV off a table. It was quite a bit of good running that she didn't end up under it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                The young lad won a comp on 2fm earlier for 2 tickets for next Sundayand carry the flag on to the pitch, very excited
                                The excitement is at fever pitch, Cant see him sleeping too well tonight. Made this before the 2011 final and sent the link in as part of the comp on 2fm. I think him singing live on radio won it for him.

As if Semi -finals weren't nerve wracking enough, will be up the walls in case he drops the flag or something.

C'mon Dublin.

Comment

Comment

Dehydrators are great, I make jerky in it fuck the dried fruit shite

Comment

Had you never cooked a chicken before?!
                                      I'd say that's at least my 4th one, though I haven't been keeping notes.

Comment

Comment

Yeah! It's the fear of these things... Would you say there's a special type of wire fastener? (on the offchance you know it off the top of your head). Find it hard enough to make myself known in the hardware store.
                                          Tbh I'd use cable ties for that kind of thing.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Those notes would have helped you answer this question accurately. Maybe we've all learned a useful lesson here on the importance of note-taking...
                                                Should you not aleady know that since you are an lecturer?
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Those notes would have helped you answer this question accurately. Maybe we've all learned a useful lesson here on the importance of note-taking...
                                                    I do know I posted pics of the first one about 2 years ago, though searching for it now is not happening

Comment

BTW think I only used my cooker twice in the last 12 months and both times was to boil water for porridge... Rather proud of that fact actually!
                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

They're hardly strong enough?
                                                        They do come in various strengths/sizes.

Comment

It's collie who seems to have been let down by his note-taking. I was just doing a Jerry Springer piece-to-camera on the general learning to be got from the incident.
                                                          So it is rather pointless you could say? Like one of your sheep games?

Comment

Ha, searching through old pics, I still like this one. Thems were the days

S5000466 by colliexmas, on Flickr

Comment

Was going to suggest cable ties myself. It is easier to break iron bars than these fuckers. You never open any of your kids toys?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-08-15, 22:56.

Comment

@hitch

can you not just tell your child not to climb up the fucking shelving unit?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                    So it is rather pointless you could say? Like one of your sheep games?
                                                                    @ Hitch, send me the selections/pm's and I'll play it out?

Comment

Went to see Dublin post-rock legends The Jimmy Cake this evening at Hangar (Andrew's Lane Theatre) launch their first album, Master, for seven years.

Spacey, drone-y, heavy, tense and beautiful.

I'm a sucker for a band with two drummers (Roxy Music, Tortoise, The Fall) and occasionally they had three. Sweet.

They're supporting The Waterboys on their upcoming Irish tour in Oct/Nov, a really ballsy move by Mike Scott who has been a long-time supporter.

Check 'em out and enjoy!

The Jimmy cake give us a live performance of their track Observatory Destroyer in Guerrilla StudiosThe track appears on their soon to be released album Popul...

Oh.. and you can stream the album here and buy it here.
                                                                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 29-08-15, 23:21.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-08-15, 23:32.

Comment

Comment

...Wondering would anyone here have been to the Oylmpia Theatre and sat in the upper circle?...Want to buy Jimmy Carr tickets, but not sure how good the seats would be...
                                                                            Last edited by luckforsome; 30-08-15, 00:01.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                              Went to see Dublin post-rock legends The Jimmy Cake this evening at Hangar (Andrew's Lane Theatre) launch their first album, Master, for seven years.

I'm a sucker for a band with two drummers (Roxy Music, Tortoise, The Fall) and occasionally they had three. Sweet.

They're supporting The Waterboys on their upcoming Irish tour in Oct/Nov, a really ballsy move by Mike Scott who has been a long-time supporter.

Check 'em out and enjoy!

The Jimmy cake give us a live performance of their track Observatory Destroyer in Guerrilla StudiosThe track appears on their soon to be released album Popul...

"Dublin gone. Everyone dead" is a beast of an album!

Will check out new one!

Comment

@hitch we have shelves like those and they came with material to build into the leg for the top shelf. It has a hole in it to screw to the wall. I didn't screw it in though and have 2 small boys who climb everything and it's still standing / they're still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                  ...Wondering would anyone here have been to the Oylmpia Theatre and sat in the upper circle?...Want to buy Jimmy Carr tickets, but not sure how good the seats would be...
                                                                                  Its definitely a poorer view, and wouldn't recommend for a play but probably ok for a comedian. If the tickets are in the first 5 rows of the upper circle then they'd be fine.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                      @ Hitch, send me the selections/pm's and I'll play it out?
                                                                                      That requires going into the depth of Hitch mind to figure out his scoring system... Don't do it man, think of your wife

Comment

The excitement is at fever pitch, Cant see him sleeping too well tonight. Made this before the 2011 final and sent the link in as part of the comp on 2fm. I think him singing live on radio won it for him.

As if Semi -finals weren't nerve wracking enough, will be up the walls in case he drops the flag or something.

C'mon Dublin.

https://youtu.be/fuCGMJLF7nY
                                                                                        Supremacy.

Often used in place of handcuffs.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                          Supremacy.

Often used in place of handcuffs.
                                                                                          S'up m8. What you have for supper?

Comment

I had sausage and chips at shelbourne dag races place, what about you?
                                                                                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 30-08-15, 05:04.

Comment

I had chicken tequila, was excellent. Did you win at the dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                I had chicken tequila, was excellent. Did you win at the dogs?
                                                                                                I wont 200 euros, doug also won 200 euros.

what is chicken tequila

Comment

I wont 200 euros, doug also won 200 euros.

what is chicken tequila
                                                                                                  Mexican dish with a lot of chicken and even more tequila.

Comment

any sign of mugsy

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      Its definitely a poorer view, and wouldn't recommend for a play but probably ok for a comedian. If the tickets are in the first 5 rows of the upper circle then they'd be fine.
                                                                                                      If you are over 6'3" i wouldn't recommend going there at all unless you get a private box. Very uncomfortable otherwise due to our obviously midget ancestors

Comment

C'mon Dublin.

https://youtu.be/fuCGMJLF7nY
                                                                                                        What a buzz! Enjoy #COYBIB

Comment

I could only eat half of mine even though they were free. They were rank
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...Hmm, thanks for feedback...Reckon I'll skip it so, seen a pic of it and it did look very high up...Thanks...
                                                                                                            ...On another Note, did buy Keith Barry tickets for November (Stalls Row D); and Derren Brown for Next May (Stalls Row B)...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Check 'em out and enjoy!

Was a huge fan of theirs in the early 2000's but lost track of them. Cheers for the reminder.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Best of luck to the young lad today horatio. Be some buzz for him.

Don't care who wins, I think we're in for a cracking game and a cracking final. Mayo to shade it in a close game today imo.

Comment

...

Comment

Have an awful habit of bringing up spitting image when I'm drunk talking to South Africans. It's almost as bad as my habit of asking cantankerous taxi drivers about Bobby Molloy.

Comment

There needs to be a fizzy drink delivery service for Sundays
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Exceeding even the most extravagent expectations so far. Greeted by a 70-year old Russian jaded chain-smoking chick in skimpy leotard and whip.
                                                                                                                          Im very hungover, is this the hardware shop ?
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X