This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
    Can anyone tell me the best Xmas Market in Germany?

Thinking it would be a nice present for the other half's bday next month.
    Very good idea, may steal.

Comment

Ordered some tickets on ticketmaster, didn't tick insurace but it got added anyway. So I email the insurance providers and get an instant email "If you have requested a refund of your Insurance premium, please allow 5-7 working days for your request to be processed.". i mean, that is what they must be emailed all the time, if it's literally their auto reply.

Got a letter in the door from eircom offering me 100 meg internet, welcome to 5 years ago eircom, I'll be sure to lower my speeds and pay more to you..

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          Putting my Rasta hat on for a sec, homemade burgers >>>>> anything you are ever getting in a resteraunt. So piss easy to make, whack them in a bun with with some blue cheese and tomatoes and you are done. One of those things it is pointless ordering in a resteraunt because you will do a far better job yourself even if you are the type of person who struggles to cook an egg (the other being steak,I never order it in a resteraunt anymore pointless.
          I hate paying €30 to eat shit I could have done a much better job on for a fraction of the cost.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Putting my Rasta hat on for a sec, homemade burgers >>>>> anything you are ever getting in a resteraunt. So piss easy to make, whack them in a bun with with some blue cheese and tomatoes and you are done. One of those things it is pointless ordering in a resteraunt because you will do a far better job yourself even if you are the type of person who struggles to cook an egg (the other being steak,I never order it in a resteraunt anymore pointless.
            The ability to customize your burger in counter makes this pretty close to what I'd cook myself. Fair enough I'll put some spices into the burger mix at home and I'll source good mince but a counter burger in a bowl with blue cheese, mushrooms, red onion, grilled peppers, sliced boiled egg and Dijon balsamic dressing and mixed salad leaves is pretty special. Sweet potato fries to carb it up a bit if needs be.

Zero effort for a 95% as good a burger as I'd make myself.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              I hate paying €30 to eat shit I could have done a much better job on for a fraction of the cost.
              Yeah but would you pay 12.50? It's all about price and convenience.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                Where does it leave us if FG supporters reject the idea that a minister should he held accountable for serious abuses of power and manipulation
                I'm not a FG supporter, and am all for accountability.
                I am quite of a fan of the current government and what they have achieved.
                I have said I agree Shatter was right to resign for the reasons stated in the report, I merely forgot which of the myriad charges flung at him stuck

. So long as they are batted away by being labelled sinister, violent and scumbags they will have no motivation to stop or scale back their behaviour.
                Ah does it hurt the poor dears feelings to be characterised the ignorant fools they are. Their arguments for free unmetered water are moronic and in complete opposition to the principals of progressive taxation they would claim to espouse.

Comment

#JeSuisDerek
                  The professional protestor being arrested again.
                  video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

A fair bit better attempt by the gentleman at 4 seconds in than the guy who was assaulted by Gardaí the last time.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Where the fook sells 30e burgers, also if it was that much I imagine it would be nothing like a normal "burger"

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                      Yeah but would you pay 12.50? It's all about price and convenience.
                      Indeed thats why I'm more likely to order something like fish and chips which is a pain to do right at home.

Comment

burger talk > greece talk ainec
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Val Doonican RIP.

Comment

I'm driving an Audi at the moment (black).

The coolant is gone low in it. The internet tells me I need a specific type of coolant to top it up - G12.

I believe the same stuff is in VWs as well.

Anyone know is it something that most garages are likely to have or will I need to go somewhere special to get it?

Comment

Anybody watching Mr Robot? That was a pretty great first episode
                              airport, lol

Comment

I've made lamb burgers / koftas for tonight

Kind of a random enough recipie

1Kg leanish lamb pieces minced by the butcher

Throw 2 onions , 4 cloves of garlic, 3 sq cm ginger, 2 red chillies into a blender and blitz to a liquid

mix with a few breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, bunch of coriander, mint, grated zest of a lemon, juice of 1 lemon, heaped tablespoon of garam masala

Will probably cook them on the bbq and serve with a salad and a cucumber and mint raitia when i get back from swimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

The coolant is gone low in it. The internet tells me I need a specific type of coolant to top it up - G12.

Anyone know is it something that most garages are likely to have or will I need to go somewhere special to get it?
                                  Any motor factors or a halfords will have it .

Comment

Any motor factors or a halfords will have it .
                                    Nice one, thanks Tony. Do you know does it come premixed or do I need to get my measuring jugs out?

Comment

Andy IreLAN 2 is on 25th-27th September in the gresham hotel, deposit paid. B-)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Petrol station beside the oil is where I got coolant last time I needed it and it was premixed so just poured it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Link?

Comment

omg
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Am I the only one who have no idea what this is?
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Looking at a rather dull looking appartment that is ours to take if we want. 40 year old building, and looks its age. But its €900 a month for 90sqm including heating/water, three beds, and in an excellent location. Finding it hard though to get past the fact that when I get home from work each day the first thing I'll see is that horrible ugly building. hmm what price aesthetics?

Looks fine to me

/knows less than fuck all/
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                    Link?
                                                    Not announced yet properly will be details on the site when it's up and on this facebook
                                                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                    Am I the only one who have no idea what this is?
                                                    Basically a PC gaming tournament in a hotel, couple hundred people. It's a 5 v 5 team game.

There's a good documentary about dota (This years main DotA tournament in the US has over 15 million prize pool and growing):

FREE TO PLAY is a feature-length documentary that follows three professional gamers from around the world as they compete for a million dollar prize in the f...

Conversely if you win the Irish one you get a night in Andys hotel room and a pack of skittles

Comment

This year the prize has been upgraded to Skittlebräu.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Not announced yet properly will be details on the site when it's up and on this facebook
                                                        Dota 2 Ireland, Dublin, Ireland. 910 likes. This is the Dota 2 Ireland page. We run online tournaments, live pubstomps and LAN event for players

Basically a PC gaming tournament in a hotel, couple hundred people. It's a 5 v 5 team game.

There's a good documentary about dota (This years main DotA tournament in the US has over 15 million prize pool and growing):

FREE TO PLAY is a feature-length documentary that follows three professional gamers from around the world as they compete for a million dollar prize in the f...

Conversely if you win the Irish one you get a night in Andys hotel room and a pack of skittles
                                                        Any market for selling losing Irish accounts to top yanks?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          Can you get the team to have a look for something that makes the YouTube videos work on a phone. White Samsung. Android. Can never play videos posted here.
                                                          If you're not using it already, try Chrome. Should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            Explain what that solves.
                                                            It solves the repeating issue / question of Euro instability that will crop up again when the third bailout program (if that's where we end up) is due to complete. Greece is pretty contained, let them fuck off and move forward with a smaller stronger Euro membership. The Greeks don't have it in them to sort this out. Never should have been allowed into the Euro imo.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                              If you're not using it already, try Chrome. Should do the trick.
                                                              I am on chrome. Tried that and IE. I can watch some videos but not others. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                I am on chrome. Tried that and IE. I can watch some videos but not others. Weird.
                                                                They never work for me either m8.

Comment

League of Ireland first division side UCD 1-0 up in their europa league qualifier

You better be there in your UCD kit Lloyd m8

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                    5 mins into the opener and looks good, cheers for the heads up.

I see there is a second episode also.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                      5 mins into the opener and looks good, cheers for the heads up.

I see there is a second episode also.
                                                                      Yeah looks like good television. Woukd have tucked straight into episode 2 if I didn't have to work
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Cowardly lion turns into bounty hunter. Damn you wizard

Comment

It solves the repeating issue / question of Euro instability that will crop up again when the third bailout program (if that's where we end up) is due to complete. Greece is pretty contained, let them fuck off and move forward with a smaller stronger Euro membership. The Greeks don't have it in them to sort this out. Never should have been allowed into the Euro imo.
                                                                          I don't know what is best, I suppose no one does but that scenario is going to be ridic hard on the ordinary Greek people who don't have EUR stashed offshore. The reality of life under the new Drachma will be orders of magnitude harder for the poor than anything the troika are proposing.

Comment

We have a useful new phrase:

A rentier state is the political science term for a state where “money grows on trees.” The money comes from either natural resources (think oil and Saudi Arabia) or from extorting a foreign state that for reasons of security or self-interest subsidizes the target country (think North Korea and China). Rentier states are distinguished by two features: they excel at spending money rather than raising it; and they tend to lack a social pact between governing and governed. Without a need to tax, the motto “no taxation without representation” does not work.

Comment

It solves the repeating issue / question of Euro instability that will crop up again when the third bailout program (if that's where we end up) is due to complete. Greece is pretty contained, et them fuck offand move forward with a smaller stronger Euro membership. The Greeks don't have it in them to sort this out. Never should have been allowed into the Euro imo.
                                                                              No solidarity with your ideological soul brothers? Tsk tsk, throwing the Greeks under the bus.

Not very socialist. 'We ourselves' takes on a new meaning.

Comment

According to RTE news today, the Greeks destroyed any ability to print Drachmas years ago.

Comment

Subscribe and 🔔 to the BBC 👉 https://bit.ly/BBCYouTubeSubWatch the BBC first on iPlayer 👉 https://bbc.in/iPlayer-Home Pixies perform Where Is My Mind at G...
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                    League of Ireland first division side UCD 1-0 up in their europa league qualifier

You better be there in your UCD kit Lloyd m8
                                                                                    Some win for them. I was at the cork game. They were unlucky to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                      According to RTE news today, the Greeks destroyed any ability to print Drachmas years ago.
                                                                                      Tbh, they might as well scribble 'IOU muchos dinero' on the back of No posters for all the value they will have.

Comment

The Man enters the dancehall

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a preacher’s son who withstood a recall election spawned by his fight with public employee unions, is joining the crowded Republican presidential race, aides said…

Comment

his voice is all over the shop no???

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                            his voice is all over the shop no???
                                                                                            small piece in the middle but the rest is pretty flawless imo.

give it another listen.

no Kim deal makes it sound a bit differnt maybe ?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                              I heard Varoufakis saying that as a reason why they would stay in the € Its one of those is he really that stupid or being utterly cynical moments

First they wouldn't and couldn't resurrect Drachmas; that currency does not exist any more. They will create a new currency that might well be called Drachma or Varoufakis Bucks or whatever but it will be a new currency and have new currency code etc. You can be sure that DeLaRue will be able to produce designs as many trillions of the new paper as they want within hours of getting the call.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                dancehall/clowncar

Comment

I guess delarue are a huge part of the Zionist goblin plot to thwart the heroic greek people retiring before they hit 50.

Comment

Got a separate recommendation for this today too, very good first ep.

True detective season 2 on other hand is already dumped

Comment

I heard Varoufakis saying that as a reason why they would stay in the € Its one of those is he really that stupid or being utterly cynical moments

First they wouldn't and couldn't resurrect Drachmas; that currency does not exist any more. They will create a new currency that might well be called Drachma or Varoufakis Bucks or whatever but it will be a new currency and have new currency code etc. You can be sure that DeLaRue will be able to produce designs as many trillions of the new paper as they want within hours of getting the call.
                                                                                                      Attached Files

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                          Got a separate recommendation for this today too, very good first ep.

True detective season 2 on other hand is already dumped
                                                                                                          I'm enjoying TD don't see what some people don't like about it
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I had to unsubscribe from the thread in the other place, only so many times you can hear some idiot referring to season 1, you may as well reference The Wire.

Mr.Robot.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            see what i done did with the pixies clip ? ?
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Only a half day of work to go before I finish up until the 27th! I can't wait.

I have the small matter of my impending wedding on Saturday as well. Who knew wedding speeches could be a pain to write? I think my plan of write a few things down, don't really re-read it again too often and probably make it up as I go along was a fairly flawed strategy, so I've spent the last couple of hours fixing it up somewhat. I'm sure I'll still wing it a bit though on the day. I'm not sure if it's a bit long though, as it'll probably take about 8 mins or so, maybe a bit longer on the day, but I might balance that out by not referring to notes and forgetting sections!

Still, I'm looking forward to it all, and once I leave work tomorrow afternoon it'll be the start of it all properly.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                I had to unsubscribe from the thread in the other place, only so many times you can hear some idiot referring to season 1, you may as well reference The Wire.

Mr.Robot.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                see what i done did with the pixies clip ? ?
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                You've confused me
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  Only a half day of work to go before I finish up until the 27th! I can't wait.

I have the small matter of my impending wedding on Saturday as well. Who knew wedding speeches could be a pain to write? I think my plan of write a few things down, don't really re-read it again too often and probably make it up as I go along was a fairly flawed strategy, so I've spent the last couple of hours fixing it up somewhat. I'm sure I'll still wing it a bit though on the day. I'm not sure if it's a bit long though, as it'll probably take about 8 mins or so, maybe a bit longer on the day, but I might balance that out by not referring to notes and forgetting sections!

Still, I'm looking forward to it all, and once I leave work tomorrow afternoon it'll be the start of it all properly.
                                                                                                                  10 minutes is pretty standard so don't worry too much. Remember everyone in the room loves you, is already pretty drunk and all want you to do well. Beyond that you have one or two absolute guaranteed applause lines.

1. The first time you say "on behalf of mywife and I"
                                                                                                                  2. The first time you reference the wedding night
                                                                                                                  3. Any moment you pause to get serious for a second and look at your new bride and say something sweet.

Beyond that you just need to thank everyone, say something about how her parents were always lovely to you but the father kept you on the straight and narrow, reference how much your parents have done for you and how much you appreciate it, say something fun about the stag and the bunch of charlatans who organised it but how they're scrubbed up at least blah blah blah. End with a lovely story about your bride -preferably with a sweet punchline - and then toast her. Something like "Just before I ask you all to raise a toast to my bride I'd like to thank one last person and that is (insert bride's name). Everyone here gets to share the start of our marriage but only I get to live it with you. (pause) Please raise your glasses to my beautiful wife - to (insert bride's name)".

/Drop mic
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

TD Ep 2

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    I think the Vince Vaughan 10 minute soliloquy ended it for me, I thought that scene was awful. Vince ain't pulling it off at all.

Also who makes Tim Riggins cut his feckin hair!!! Scandalous

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                      TD Ep 2

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      I think the Vince Vaughan 10 minute soliloquy ended it for me, I thought that scene was awful. Vince ain't pulling it off at all.

Also who makes Tim Riggins cut his feckin hair!!! Scandalous
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      holy fuck that's Tim Riggins! The soliloquy did nothing for me either buts it's a good show so far for me. Nice story developing
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        You've confused me
                                                                                                                        Mr.Robot.
                                                                                                                        SPOILER

Christian Slater character want to wipe world debt. Fight club wanted to wipe the debt from the credit card companies, end of the film as the building are exploding there is a song playing...Pixies-where is my mind.

Then again, its a long time since i watched Fight Club, could be way off...
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Vince Vaughan and his entire business subplot is fucking awful

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X