Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that scumbag Nigel Pearson got the boot from Leicester.

Comment

Greece are here now:

Investment grade

AAA : the best quality companies, reliable and stable
      AA : quality companies, a bit higher risk than AAA
      A : economic situation can affect finance
      BBB : medium class companies, which are satisfactory at the moment
      Non-investment grade

BB : more prone to changes in the economy
      B : financial situation varies noticeably
      CCC : currently vulnerable and dependent on favorable economic conditions to meet its commitments
      CC : highly vulnerable, very speculative bonds
      C : highly vulnerable, perhaps in bankruptcy or in arrears but still continuing to pay out on obligations
      D : has defaulted on obligations and Fitch believes that it will generally default on most or all obligations
      D by end July without some kind of radical change. Fucked.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Lol, for more than 20 years I thought 4'33'' was something by John Cale from the Velvet Underground. Just realised today that it was another person altogether

A performance by William Marx of John Cage's 4'33.Filmed at McCallum Theatre, Palm Desert, CA.Composer John Adams wrote the following in The New York Times r...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
            Ah Jasus, thats bringing back memories ! Must be 20+ years since i listened to that.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
              Ah Jasus, thats bringing back memories ! Must be 20+ years since i listened to that.
              Same here. I remember having it on cassette tape, for walkman usage.

When Billy Name was sick and locked up in his room
              You asked me for some speed, I though it was for you
              I'm sorry that I doubted your good heart
              Things always seem to end before they start
              I don't own this. RIP Lou."Hello It's Me" from Songs For Drella, 1990.Songs for Drella is a concept album by Lou Reed and John Cale, both formerly of the Vel...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                Same here. I remember having it on cassette tape, for walkman usage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMH0B4beksE
                Ill have a root in the attic tomorrow, good chance my tape is still up there.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Greece's 5 options with currency

All shite tbh

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                    Be careful what you wish for. Im having problems with glare. The glare is one thing but the heat is like sitting inside a stationary car on a hot day. Some makeshift cover so the place looks like a shanty town blocking out that sun
                    Actually only earlier today i got a quote for anti glare film for €350(why i took the pic to show them).

SPOILER
                    We make heat reflection roller blinds for that exact situation, I can get you a quote if you pm sizes.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I imagine that the vote goes ahead, they say they will stay and the govt
                      chooses to leave or a torn to shreds by an angry mob and the interim guys go back tomeurope take the terms and suck it up.

The whole thing will be back on track this time next week with a puppet govt of euorpes choosing in place until elections can be held ie. all the dirty work is done.

Those 2 clowns go on the lecture circuit where idiots will applaud their effort but hope fully they loose their lecturing jobs and every who went to a class they taught gets offered a free online course from a real lecturer to make up for it.

In reality I do think that a temporary govt will be appointed or basically an administrator from the bank to manage the transition. for the pr factor it will probably be a Greek head of state but a good back room of debt collectors, economists and stern Teutonic bankers put in place to pull the strings. Maybe some Swiss guys for impartiality either.

Actual default and falling out of the EU will probably be averted with Greece well and truely bent over and spanked in front of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        I notice that POS devices have started offering people who are doing cross currency transactions if they want to settle in their own currency for a named amount or be charged in the local currency and leave your own bank to settle.
                        The other day in Heathrow I was offered a price of €82.88 for a purchase I was making but Google said the rate was €77.5 I just checked there now and my bank charged me 78.20. Thats 4.50 the cunce were trying to screw me for

TL;DR;
                        If you are asked to settle in € at a POS you will probably get a worse rate than you will if you let your own bank do the exchange.
                        This is the case with Amazon UK. Never ever convert to Euro.

Edit. See Hitch posted same.
                        Last edited by Lazare; 30-06-15, 22:34.

Comment

Well played

Kanye West vs Freddie Mercury duel! I do not own the rights to any of this material. Video was created by Q1043.com blogger Sam Valorose

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                            Scumbag?
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              Scumbag?
                              Scumbag.

Comment

Spice bag.

Comment

Credit to the daily mail,this map is top class,like something Chris Morris dreamt up

Comment

I dont think there are any Muslim countries embracing isis, watching Anthony Bourdain last week in Lebanon, the gist got from it was it could actually unify Jews and Muslims having a common enemy like isis in the Arab world.

Stranger things and all that.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                      He is a scumbag and scummy shit has happened but why now? He did a top job after being ''sacked''.

TBF probably better off for Leicester. He won't get as lucky again next season.

Comment

Aldo out, Mendes in.
                                        Too slow chad.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                          Aldo out, Mendes in.
                                          Too slow chad.
                                          Too sick. I broke the news to you!

Either wins the lol interim belt and it creates a bigger fight or he loses to a stupid dry humping wrestler and all the hype is gone. That would be so typically Irish.

Still think Conor knocks him out.

Comment

Interim belt just sounds like a made up thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                              He is 100% injured.

Bringing in a possible replacement is unheard of. Aldo and UFC stand to make millions off this fight so will do everything in their power to try make it happen.

They are talking up a possible interim title fight if Aldo can't fight. Interim title when the champ only has bruised ribs and will be back to 100% in no time. That is unheard of. Only reason they are doing that is to keep the PPV numbers up. Why go to all that trouble? Aldo is injured.

Aldo does not make the fight 8 times out of 10. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out in the next few days but he stands to make the guts of $4M. That is probably more than his career earnings and sets him up for life. He'd want to fight with broken arms.
                                              I did call it.

Still annoyed.

Also, kiss my feet and tell me I am King, Dobby.

Comment

Aldo is some never turns up little rat bag cunt.

Disgusted.

Will still be a great fight but not the one we've been hyped up for the past 6 months over.

Mendes game plan will surely involve a lot more take downs than it did in his last Aldo fight.

If he keeps it on the feet Conor will knock him out, I hope.
                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                  Aldo is some never turns up little rat bag cunt.

Disgusted.

Will still be a great fight but not the one we've been hyped up for the past 6 months over.

Mendes game plan will surely involve a lot more take downs than it did in his last Aldo fight.

If he keeps it on the feet Conor will knock him out, I hope.
                                                  It won't be his plan but he will shoot for the takedown lots after the first few exchanges if he hasn't been KO'd.

He will be KO'd.

Comment

At beach with family and dogs all day today and my 12yr old daughter took some amazing pics with her phone imho. Think she has a good eye myself. Look out Danny

Heres one of them of our 10yr old westie. Using a Nokia Lumia fwiw.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                      At beach with family and dogs all day today and my 12yr old daughter took some amazing pics with her phone imho. Think she has a good eye myself. Look out Danny

Heres one of them of our 10yr old westie. Using a Nokia Lumia fwiw.

[IMG][/IMG]
                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7boUa5FXBg

Comment

If McGregor wins, will the Aldo fight hype be even greater do you think?

Will Aldo have made any money in the build up? How similar will McGregor's pay cheque be for this fight?
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                          If McGregor wins, will the Aldo fight hype be even greater do you think?

?
                                                          I'm sure Conor will call him out as a pussy, continually lambast him and get the hype machine going again, hopefully it won't be too long till the fight should it happen.

How long does Conor need to prepare for a fight against Aldo from here should he win on the 11th?

Comment

Comment

The level of hate towards Aldo is at retard levels. He always gets injured and pulls out of fights. It's not just because of McGregor.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                I think Pearse Doherty has fuck all in common with his Syrzia counterpart in terms of competency and realism and was probably internally cringing at the party decision to embrace them PR wise when they were elected (though you may disagree).
                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                I don't think he has much of a clue but he'd be streets ahead of Varoufuckit (not a high bar).
                                                                Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
                                                                Seriously. Neither of you actually believe that Pearse Doherty would be a more able Minister for Finance than Varoufakis do you?

Originally posted by Pearse Doherty

Originally posted by Relevant Qualifications
                                                                In 1996, Doherty enrolled in a civil engineering degree course at Dublin Institute of Technology. He completed two years of the course, earning a national certificate that entitled him to work as a civil engineering technician. He then left third level education to pursue a job in that field. Doherty later resumed his studies by enrolling in another civil engineering course at Letterkenny Institute of Technology, but dropped out to run for the Dáil in the 2002 general election. (None)
                                                                Originally posted by Relevant Experience
                                                                As Finance spokesperson, he is responsible for the preparation of the party’s annual alternative budget submission, which aims to promote a fairer and progressive economy.
                                                                Originally posted by Yanis Varoufakis

Originally posted by Relevant Qualifications
                                                                Varoufakis then decided to complete a MSc in Mathematical Statistics at the University of Birmingham and a PhD in Economics (Essex)
                                                                Originally posted by Relevant Experience
                                                                1989-2000 - Senior lecturer in economics at the Department of Economics of the University of Sydney.
                                                                2000-2008 - Professor of Economic Theory at the University of Athens.
                                                                2004-2006 - Economic Advisor to George Papandreou
                                                                2012-2013 - Economist-in-Residence at Valve Corporation
                                                                Tara linked to Varoufakis' blog yesterday, he's got some really good stuff on there. Obviously all left-leaning, but he does understand what he's talking about.

I wouldn't trust Doherty to be secretary at the golf club!
                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 01-07-15, 07:34.

Comment

Seriously. Neither of you actually believe that Pearse Doherty would be a more able Minister for Finance than Varoufakis do you?

Tara linked to Varoufakis' blog yesterday, he's got some really good stuff on there. Obviously all left-leaning, but he does understand what he's talking about.

I wouldn't trust Doherty to be secretary at the golf club!
                                                                  Doherty might be not very bright but I don't think he's actively dangerous. Varoufuckit has proven form in the 'highly dangerous and destructive' department.

Comment

Doherty might be not very bright but I don't think he's actively dangerous. Varoufuckit has proven form in the 'highly dangerous and destructive' department.
                                                                    I'd rather someone who understood Finance over someone who understood politics!

Even on that point, I think Varoufakis understands Greek politics extremely well, but I don't think that translates into European politics in the slightest!

Comment

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Most of the Chinese politburo are engineers; meanwhile the only engineer we have in the Dáil has a national certificate ffs!

Obviously all left-leaning, but he thinks he understand what he's talking about.
                                                                        That just makes him more dangerous!
                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 01-07-15, 07:52.

Comment

I'd rather someone who understood Finance over someone who understood politics!

Even on that point, I think Varoufakis understands Greek politics extremely well, but I don't think that translates into European politics in the slightest!
                                                                          He clearly doesn't understanf finance at all.

I think you're being a bit dazzled by degrees here. He's incompetent, dangerous, erratic and also ideologically opposed to the 'system' (man). He also has no idea of negotiating tactically or strategically. Everything he's done has deepened Greece's isolation and made a bad situation worse.

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

He clearly doesn't understanf finance at all.

I think you're being a bit dazzled by degrees here.
                                                                            I can't be the only one that thinks Krugman talks bollix most of the time? "But Nobel laureate x says..."

Comment

Simple test. You're the Greek PM today. You need a Finance Minister.

Do you pick Varoufakis or Doherty?

Comment

Simple test. You're the Greek PM today. You need a Finance Minister.

Do you pick Varoufakis or Doherty?
                                                                                No contest. Doherty. He'll do what he's told.

You seem to be under the illusion that government ministers should be knowledgable about their ministerial area. Not so.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  I can't be the only one that thinks Krugman talks bollix most of the time? "But Nobel laureate x says..."
                                                                                  Nobel prize for economics is awarded by a completely separate body to all the others isn't it? The peace prize is a load of old bollocks too though

Comment

You seem to be under the illusion that government ministers should be knowledgable about their ministerial area. Not so.
                                                                                    I probably shouldn't have put a finance guru as the PM! Made it an easier choice for you

In a technocracy, Doherty doesn't even do janitor service. Varaoufakis is an advisor to represent the Paul Murphy side of the room though.

Lots of what he says is nonsense alright.

Comment

Thought this was pretty good.

Comment

LMAO, read the comments.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Pity he didn't give you the chance to appoint any of the tax collectors who have been ratting the system out to the world press.

All the power will be with the recievers I mean troika if a yes vote kicks the govt out as part of the renegotiated and even harsher than the first set of bail out terms.

If it's a no vote than I don't really see how anyone can do much as minister for finance. Good chance of assassination if you make the cuts needed to stay afloat and a good chance of Assination if you let nature take its course and it all goes to shit when the currency collapses and the rest of the economy with it.

Military coup is the only way to justify the spending on the army so they should probably just go with that. Either that or start selling the ancient artefacts to museums. I would say China or Vegas would love to buy the real Acropolis

Comment

Yeah he does, the blog I posted yesterday was an argument by varoufakis that Greece should default, why Krugman's opinion was wrong, written 3 years ago.
                                                                                            Mark Weisbrot has been arguing, for some time now, that Greece must try to emulate Argentina; that is, to default on its debts not as a bargaining strategy that yields a New Deal within the Eurozone but, rather, in the context of exiting the Eurozone altogether and going it alone. Recently, Paul Krugman has endorsed […]

Even when not agreeing with parts of his blog I find it very interesting.

Mark Weisbrot has been arguing, for some time now, that Greece must try to emulate Argentina; that is, to default on its debts not as a bargaining strategy that yields a New Deal within the Eurozone but, rather, in the context of exiting the Eurozone altogether and going it alone. Recently, Paul Krugman has endorsed this position (see here and here). I think they are profoundly wrong.
                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-07-15, 08:57.

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Would you possibly have trouble getting into the states if you were in cuba the previous month?

Comment

So now they are accepting everything? Quelle surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    So now they are accepting everything? Quelle surprise.
                                                                                                    They're not.
                                                                                                    They've refused the removal of the island tax exemption for a start.

SPOILER

Can't see them not having to make the final steps tbh.

Comment

Greece story getting boring,when are the riots kicking off?

Comment

Should still be a good fight.

Conor McGregor trash talks Chad Mendes ahead of UFC189 via Skype in the BT Sport studios, telling him; "I can rest my balls on your forehead" with Mendes cla...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

The schooling system itself though does seem very good. The school is free, but they've loads of extra options. School day is similar to Ireland; but to be able to drop her off at 7:30am, pick her up at 6:45pm, have her fed, brought to sports clubs every Wednesday afternoon and taught how to swim / gym / etc, and taken care of during holidays - the whole thing ends up costing about €200 a month.
                                                                                                          Wow - an education system where teachers are actually expected to work a normal day. Sounds bizarre to Irish ears.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

"liberalise the market for gyms" ...wtf? and they were initially attempting not to do that?
                                                                                                                There's been absolutely tonnes of "wtf" statements tbh.
                                                                                                                The definition of farmer thing was a personal highlight.

Knock it down and start again imo.

Comment

"liberalise the market for gyms" ...wtf? and they were initially attempting not to do that?
                                                                                                                  Had a bit of a laugh at that one myself. Screw your bailout terms we would rather let our country go into an economic dark age rather than loose state control of spin classes.

I presume it is some crazy money laundering loophole set up 2000bc after the Persians threatened Athens or similarly crazy reason.

Comment

Au contraire, mon ami. Teachers work just 8:45am-12pm, 2pm-4:15pm, and get Wednesday afternoons off. The difference is they hire childcare assistants to look after the kids 7:30-8:45am, 12-2pm, 4:15-6:45pm. and ship them off to a leisure centre on Wednesdays.
                                                                                                                    Ah, okay. I always thought that teachers on the continent worked a normal 9-5 day, though.

Comment

They're not.
                                                                                                                      They've refused the removal of the island tax exemption for a start.

SPOILER

Can't see them not having to make the final steps tbh.
                                                                                                                      Ha, Schauble has told them to GTFO and have their dumbass referendum first.
                                                                                                                      Syriza are going to end up telling people to vote Yes.

He's also said Tsipiras is not a trustworthy partner (which is a statement of the obvious but still unusually undiplomatic).

Comment

Hard to see Syriza lasting through this.

Comment

The referendum being called might well be one of the stupidest things anyone has ever done in the history of politics.

It's not so much a double edged sword as a tiny knife on the front of a backwards facing bazooka.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X