Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on the new changes to newlands cross. Heading to airport tomorrow. do we keep left or go over the new flyover?
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        I meant to ask about this before. Has anyone here bought a drone yet? They're fairly affordable now, the stone cold nuts phantom is £700, but there's a whole range at much lower prices too.

Does seem like the kind of toy that would be exciting for about 15mins before being left dormant in the cupboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          I meant to ask about this before. Has anyone here bought a drone yet? They're fairly affordable now, the stone cold nuts phantom is £700, but there's a whole range at much lower prices too.

Does seem like the kind of toy that would be exciting for about 15mins before being left dormant in the cupboard.
          Pairing with a device like an Oculus Rift could be amazing but as a standalone thing I can't really see it being that enticing to buy for most people.

Comment

Well, some of us will surely buy them now! :-) Gadgets rule.

Comment

On my list. Have found a 200€ model that can lift a go pro (or other small/light compact camera obviously).
              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

You'll thank me if you spend the eight minutes it takes to watch this TEDTalk. Revolutionary potential for so many things.

Tiny satellites show us the Earth as it changes in near-real-time
                Thanks. Class.

Comment

You'll thank me if you spend the eight minutes it takes to watch this TEDTalk. Revolutionary potential for so many things.

Tiny satellites show us the Earth as it changes in near-real-time
                  That's class...presenter is thoroughly unlikeable though.

Comment

Comment

That bebop looks rocksteady

We've had one in work for a couple years, gift from a customer. Should be amazing with the oculus rift.

go go selfie drone

Check out our website http://flynixie.com and follow us on facebook http://facebook.com/flynixie.Music by JewelBeat (Lady Cool Breeze)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                          Two ring donuts and tea.
                          Had the same for breakfast.
                          Need to add Koka noodles on toast for the truly balanced student diet!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            m8
                            Saw this and thought of you:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Saw this and thought of you:

Anyone else's brain reading the captions in a Welsh Valley's accent? Must be the sheep in the GIF that makes me think like that.

Comment

Comment

Poker Wars seem to be the most boring type of war.

Comment

In other flying news, we seem to have, by ignoring, slain the LL drone.
                                    Has everyone ran out of questions that they are too scared to ask their local SF rep?

Comment

Anyone seen One Million Dubliners? About to start on RTE 1, should I watch it?

edit: Oh it's about Glasnevin cemetery, fuck that.

Comment

Comment

You'd need to go an extra £200 for the Vision plus for the nuts with built in camera. The 3-axis gimbal makes a huge difference to the video quality.

The one with the 3-axis Go Pro mount would be on my list as have a few of them and image quality better. Still not found a good enough reason to justify it yet but would be cool for music video shoots.
                                          sigpic
                                          www.d4events.com

Comment

Ah heyor. Watching Love/Hate series 1 and have one burning question:

Why does Darren have a culchie accent?
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                              question on the new changes to newlands cross. Heading to airport tomorrow. do we keep left or go over the new flyover?
                                              Is everyone heading the airport tomorrow?

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                              That bebop looks rocksteady

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Ah heyor. Watching Love/Hate series 1 and have one burning question:

Why does Darren have a culchie accent?
                                                His good looks are the reason he got away with being the worlds most unlikely gangster.

Watch out for his moustache appearing in one scene, gone the next then miraculously back in the next scene. This happens alot. Walks like he got a good bumming too. Another tough characteristic he brought to the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                                  Also I think I'm coming down with flu or a tooth ache, been at me the last couple of days.....
                                                  This is a bit of a long post, but i thought it would be a good idea for me to record it for prosperity and sure if I'm gonna write it down I may as we'll put it up here too. Apologies if it's not the type of thing to post in here, I guess it's a bit of a bad beat, anyways...

Came home from work on Tuesday evening still feeling under the weather, my daughter had a photo journal assignment for college and asked me to go about our village with her taking photos (my camera) Anyway I did and spent about 1.5 hrs outside, it was cold on Tuesday and I felt miserable when I got home 9:15.

We get inside and I could feel the pain in my jaw starting to pound and it was increasing in intensity every few minutes. I started to load up on 600mg Ibuprofen and just wanted to go to bed with the intention of going to the dentist in the morning. The strange thing was none of my teeth felt sore?

The pain then really started to kick in and it was now centred on the whole left side of my face from the lower jaw to top of my head, it's about 10:15 now I've also taken solvoden* too and wifey is getting concerned as I'm pacing the bedroom floor with my head in hands. She wants to bring me to A&E but I hate the whole hospital / doctor thing (just the inconvenience / cost more than anything else) so I'm saying "no the pain has got to go, it's got to go "forgot to mention I'm like a loon now and actually crying with the pain"..... Eventually about 10:45 it subsided enough for me to get into bed, Grainne says I went out like a light, she thought I was dead, pure exhausted.

Then 11:55 bang it was back with a vengeance, took more ibuprofen and started pacing around the room again, this time the pain was worse, jaw, face, eye and head, my front teeth and upper lip were numb, all on my left side. Grainne was on to D-doc and they said get to hospital now, car or they could call an ambulance, this time I took the advice and Grainne drove me in to Blanch A&E all the while I'm fighting the pain. I thought my head was going to explode and I was so demented with the pain all I wanted to do was stick a bar through my temple!! In an attempt to release the pain.

We park up and head into the A&E, I don't recall much of the admin procedure Grainne gave most of the details and we took a seat in the waiting area. With the wave of pain subsiding again I tried to concentrate on other things but I found it hard to look up as the light hurt my eye so I kept my head between my hands and hunkered down towards my legs. Although I was in pain my senses seemed to be highlighted too and I zoned in on a conversation between two scumbags... There's about 15 minutes before I'm called into triage and the scumbagary is classic so I'll post it separately later on.

So I get called and we enter into triage and go through the events of the past evening, nurse takes my pulse, it's normal and then checks my eyes. She reckons my left pupil is bigger than the right and asks another nurse to double check, she confirms big pupil, I'm thinking this doesn't look good. I'm brought onto the A&E ward floor where I take a comfy chair and wait to see the Doc. Although it's busy in A&E it's also unassumingly quite.

The triage nurse appears about 10 minutes later with two pain killers and says someone will come along to take my blood samples. The bed cubicles are full and someone behind the curtain in front of us is snoring away merrily. Shortly another nurse comes along with a tray of syringes, ties my right arm and proceeds to insert a needle into the vein. She draws three lots of blood which will be sent to the lab for tests.

Then Merrily snorer lets go a loud fart and wakes himself up groaning and mumbling, the nurse goes in to check on him and he wants to take a leak. The curtain gets wiped back and a 50c type, red jeans hanging below his arse, fully opened black leather shirt, white vest and baseball cap, swaggers out and heads off to relieve himself, the fucker is in there sleeping off a hangover the nurse tells us.

Ok so Doctor comes along, an Irish guy mid thirties, asked me to come into the assessment area he's gonna give me a full body exam as he wants to rule out any type of potential medical emergency. I say this doesn't sound great Doc, give it to me straight, what are we dealing with? "Like I'm in the movies" he says, I have an idea but let me carry out the exam first. So I get the full body check, which consisted of scope in the ears, troth, eyes again, heart & temp, follow my finger with your eyes, limb tests, reflexes etc.

After the tests, he says I know your in a lot pain so I'm gonna get some fluids into you, put you on a nice concoction of intravenous pain killers, and oxygen for a while, we'll also have your bloods back shortly. Ok Doc so what you think?...

Anyone (Bubble King) wanna take a guess before I blab it out?

**********************************************

Well Zuutroy guessed correctly.... Doc says, I think it's Trigeminal Neuralgia, not sure if you've ever heard of it but it's quite rare in your care, my case being male early 40s as it's more common in people over 50 and then females more the males
                                                  Although there's no real known reason for why if happens, in my case the bloods confirmed a slight infection which ties in with the ear infection I could feel, the Doc reckons I got this / brought on with the going out on the Tuesday night, "dam kids, can't do anything for themselves"

Cliffs on condition;
                                                  A neuropathic disorder characterized by episodes of intense pain in the face, originating from the trigeminal nerve.
                                                  It has been described as among the most painful conditions known to humankind.
                                                  Formerly known as suicide disease.
                                                  It is estimated that 1 in 15,000 or 20,000 people suffer from TN.

All on in all it was a right bitch of thing but I'm slowly on the mend with antibiotics and pain killers.

Thanks guys for all the interest, well wishes and thankses.

Philip
                                                  Last edited by Blip; 21-11-14, 15:02. Reason: Season 1 Disk 2 of 2

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    Anyone seen One Million Dubliners? About to start on RTE 1, should I watch it?

edit: Oh it's about Glasnevin cemetery, fuck that.
                                                    Watching it now, seen the trailer in glasshouse, good so far
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Waiting for the boxset next time Blip tells a story. Tease.

Comment

Trigeminal neuralgia?

Comment

Jaysus blip hope its something simple and fixable.
                                                          I d have a guess but would rather be wrong than right.

Comment

Kneed yourself in the balls obv.

Comment

Something to do with the camera and taking loads of pics.

Comment

Don't post the answer later than about 11.45. I've been known to ban people for less!

Comment

France off the agenda you still going?
                                                                  A night in the sportsground watching the mighty Zebre and Mils Muliana making his debut
                                                                  probably be a monsoon.

Comment

...The IPB betting books are now open...
                                                                    ...Ebola: 6/4...
                                                                    ... Pregnant: 2/1...
                                                                    ...Swine Flu: 4/1...
                                                                    ...Something that will turn out to be serious and traumatic and make me feel guilty: 56/1...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                      France off the agenda you still going?
                                                                      A night in the sportsground watching the mighty Zebre and Mils Muliana making his debut
                                                                      probably be a monsoon.
                                                                      Clermont off (tv pricks) but will go somewhere next year, HC quarter or semi in France would be ideal.

Comment

Clermont off (tv pricks) but will go somewhere next year, HC quarter or semi in France would be ideal.
                                                                        Ah ya late sunday game disaster for travelling fans.

Comment

Ah ya late sunday game disaster for travelling fans.
                                                                          Plus the Belgians are having a general strike that w/e (where we'd all be coming from). Communist scum.

Comment

...what idiot would do this?...

Comment

The Newsroom

SPOILER
                                                                              Wow!!

Comment

With champs like swinging for your team who needs enemies.
                                                                                FINE Gael politician has compared extreme anti-water charge protesters to an "Isis situation" and described the protesters in Dublin as “parasites” who “live off country people”.
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 20-11-14, 23:13.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  It's always disappointing to get a new bank card and it looks te exact same as the old one it's replacing, only newer looking obviously.
                                                                                  Truth bomb of the month.

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  Need to add Koka noodles on toast for the truly balanced student diet!
                                                                                  Lot of prep in that tbf.

Has everyone ran out of questions that they are too scared to ask their local SF rep?
                                                                                  Ever gone into the Sinn Fein shop in town? Just off Parnell St.
                                                                                  Went in once for the lol having seen it for so many years.

Amazing amount of books about our Ché (short for Sheamie) Guevara.

. Walks like he got a good bumming too. Another tough characteristic he brought to the role.
                                                                                  You'd know m8, haha wot.
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/w...-30761342.html

With champs like swinging for your team who needs enemies.
                                                                                    Where do they find these jokers?
                                                                                    Obv north tipp big dairy farming area dosent get any quotas from eu for farming and grants etc.
                                                                                    Every famers daughter son gets a college grant no matter how wealthy they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                      Ever gone into the Sinn Fein shop in town? Just off Parnell St.
                                                                                      Went in once for the lol having seen it for so many years.

Amazing amount of books about our Ché (short for Sheamie) Guevara.
                                                                                      I have not. I must stick this on the bucket list.

Originally posted by Lottie
                                                                                      You'd know m8, haha wot.
                                                                                      haha m8 no lol

Comment

...

Comment

21 must be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Comment

Impacted wisdom tooth?

Comment

“The people protesting in Dublin are led by socialists and do not care about country people.
                                                                                              That's only half true.

Comment

Those drones must pose a massive privacy issue.

With a 2km range whats to stop me peering into all my neighbors back windows at 11pm at night?

The peeping tom sites will be chock full of videos.....time to set up droneporn.com
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I would guess an ear infection blip ?

That or a brain tumor.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Just a blip?

Comment

I'm gonna go with syphilis

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        Those drones must pose a massive privacy issue.

With a 2km range whats to stop me peering into all my neighbors back windows at 11pm at night?

The peeping tom sites will be chock full of videos.....time to set up droneporn.com
                                                                                                        B e fierce handy for dropping in some gear into a walled prison must get practising.

Comment

B e fierce handy for dropping in some gear into a walled prison must get practising.
                                                                                                          Fuck that. Be great craic teasing prisoners with big macs and stuff.

Comment

Yer man on Vincent Brown visible dandruff on his jacket teeth with brown stripes ffs clean yourself up man.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                              Watching it now, seen the trailer in glasshouse, good so far
                                                                                                              That was brilliant, didn't see that coming at the end though fuck
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

That was brilliant, didn't see that coming at the end though fuck
                                                                                                                Didnt that geebag on movies and booze a few weeks ago as good as give the ending away, shes always at it..i get it, you review films, there is no need to let us know how they end.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                  Didnt that geebag on movies and booze a few weeks ago as good as give the ending away, shes always at it..i get it, you review films, there is no need to let us know how they end.
                                                                                                                  Which geebag is that?
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

In other flying news, we seem to have, by ignoring, slain the LL drone.
                                                                                                                    Sorry, too busy being awesome in real life to continue brow beating you on here. Off to America for Thanksgiving in the morning so you'll probably have a good amount of silence from me for the next while.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Also The Drop is really solid. Great time of year for films.
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Which geebag is that?
                                                                                                                        I'm gonna say Ester McCarthy...could be wrong, on moncrief
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                          ...The IPB betting books are now open...
                                                                                                                          ...Ebola: 6/4...
                                                                                                                          ... Pregnant: 2/1...
                                                                                                                          ...Swine Flu: 4/1...
                                                                                                                          ...Something that will turn out to be serious and traumatic and make me feel guilty: 56/1...
                                                                                                                          Can I get a monkey on Carotid artery dissection.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X