This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    He's HeadHoncho of the Department of Tricky Maths at the Sorbonne, whats not to like?
    Lol, yeah, I've been picking up that it's something super-impressive like that. My reply was more to do with how the rest of us do it (or at least how I do it).

Comment

Luis Suarez became the 6th player to have left Liverpool then gone on to win the Champions League since 2009. Name the previous five.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
        Luis Suarez became the 6th player to have left Liverpool then gone on to win the Champions League since 2009. Name the previous five.
        SPOILER
        Meireles
        Torres
        Reina
        Arbeloa
        Mascherano

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          SPOILER
          Meireles
          Torres
          Reina
          Arbeloa
          Mascherano
          4/5

Comment

4/5
            SPOILER
            Derp, Xabi Alonso

That means there is 7 then?
            Last edited by CHDad; 09-06-15, 16:38.

Comment

SPOILER
              Alonso, Mascherano, no idea of the others. Will have to get my thinking cap on.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                There are lots of downside to living over the shop. Work and home ~= church and state, keep them as far apart as is reasonably practical IMO.
                It's only for the first 18/24 months of the kids life. Then we'll move further away. Makes sense in my mind anyway. If I'm wrong no biggie.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

A reminder that the best reason in the world to drink Pimms and wear a silly hat is this thread:

€50. Follow in the footsteps of Sitch and Frossach. Get In.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Booked a flight a few days ago for my friend to fly on ryanair tomorrow morning...I actually booked one next wednesday FML

Comment

An estate agent is insisting I cut him a key and drop it into him tomorrow so he can show my apartment while I'm at work. What planet are these people from?
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-06-15, 17:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        An estate agent is insisting I cut him a key and drop it into him tomorrow so he can show my apartment while I'm at work. What planet are these people from?
                        That's an industry that is ripe for an aul disruption. rare to have a positive experience

Comment

SPOILER
                          Derp, Xabi Alonso

SPOILER

Reina is an incorrect answer.

Comment

Tell him you start work at 6am. If he wants a key tell him you'll see him at that time. Otherwise he can fuck off. Meet him halfway like.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

SPOILER
                              Alonso, Arbeloa, Mascherano, McManaman, Torres

Comment

Originally posted by cardSPOILER View Post
                                SPOILER
                                Alonso, Arbeloa, Mascherano, McManaman, Torres
                                SPOILER
                                Don't think McManaman got one.
                                airport, lol

Comment

SPOILER
                                  Meireles
                                  Torres
                                  Reina
                                  Arbeloa
                                  Mascherano
                                  SPOILER
                                  Derp, Xabi Alonso

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  SPOILER
                                  CHD has the correct 5, of out 7 guesses

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                    SPOILER
                                    Well he did, but he left Liverpool long before 2009 so doesn't qualify for the question.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Well he did, but he left Liverpool long before 2009 so doesn't qualify for the question.
                                      Yeah missed the 2009 bit, whoops

Comment

Unless the landlord is doing you some unspecified favour, surely tell him that's where he should be getting the key

the 'do nothing' option also appeals as the most likely route to pissing him off. Followed by the 'I didn't think you were serious' riposte if he does track you down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          Tea and Coffee (Catetiere) pots? Nice, good looking modern ones. Silver or most likely Silver Plated. Where does one find these?
                                          Alessi

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            CHD has the correct 5, of out 7 guesses
                                            6 guesses!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Game Of Thrones spoiler - It's fucking shit.

Comment

Their culture etc etc. Cnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                      You're shit.

Comment

Watching it now m8. Your opinion is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          On to far more important things. Landlord said last week he would transfer deposit. He hasn't and now isn't answering emails. What to do; I guess its too early to doing anything formal, just politely harass him in case he's absent minded?
                                                          Did you tell him you were moving to France. He may think ah sure I will never see him again.Politely tell him you need the money by the end of the week. If no response by then send him a picture of a horses head.
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            Fuck em. One less to worry about.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                              Reina, Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Arbeloa
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I have been around at least half a dozen locksmith and security installers trying to get a quote on one of a few different electronic door locks I have researched. Everyone promises to get back to me with a quote but n one does.

So far the only one who has bothered their arses to quote me was after I called him back wanted €800 to fit a lower spec one than any of the ones I asked for. his one can be bought online for €50 the one I want is about €300 and I don't know but I shouldn't expect to pay €500 fitted???

The first guy I contacted was really enthusiastic for the job and claimed to have one in stock... I gave up on him after calling him back four times and getting the exact same promise to call me tomorrow with a quote

Boom times are back
                                                                FFS!
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I have been around at least half a dozen locksmith and security installers trying to get a quote on one of a few different electronic door locks I have researched. Everyone promises to get back to me with a quote but n one does.

So far the only one who has bothered their arses to quote me was after I called him back wanted €800 to fit a lower spec one than any of the ones I asked for. his one can be bought online for €50 the one I want is about €300 and I don't know but I shouldn't expect to pay €500 fitted???

The first guy I contacted was really enthusiastic for the job and claimed to have one in stock... I gave up on him after calling him back four times and getting the exact same promise to call me tomorrow with a quote

Boom times are back
                                                                  FFS!
                                                                  I can picture how these conversations go down in my head.

I cant blame them tbf.

Comment

Cracked my screen on my moto G. Anybody know how much they are to replace, prob not much point if its more than 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      I can picture how these conversations go down in my head.

I cant blame them tbf.
                                                                      Meh its pretty straightforward, I tell them what want to buy and ask them if they can get it and fit it?

They answer that they don't have them in stock but they can get a price and call back.
                                                                      If they can't do it or don't want to why would they say they can?

Comment

On to far more important things. Landlord said last week he would transfer deposit. He hasn't and now isn't answering emails. What to do; I guess its too early to doing anything formal, just politely harass him in case he's absent minded?
                                                                        Standard. He's probably going to string you along until he gets a deposit paid by the next tenant. Your best chance is to wait until he gets his hands on that and then he'll transfer. If you wait too long he'll spend so pick up the lobbying in a few days before that happens.

If no word after two weeks I'd just report it to prtb and get the ball rolling.

Comment

You're wrong.

Hope this helps.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Terrible time to be a non meat eater.

I hope to get these cooked tomorrow.

Beef short ribs.

Pork ribs.

Treated myself to a smoker/BBQ.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Class man stuff/food Oleras. Love it.
                                                                              Last edited by shano1888; 09-06-15, 21:42.

Comment

When i open the bbv on my phone i always get a pop-up saying the page is in thai/indonisian and would i like to translate

Comment

When i open the bbv on my phone i always get a pop-up saying the page is in thai/indonisian and would i like to translate
                                                                                  That just started happening to me tonight
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Keid k̄hụ̂n kạb reā thuk khū̀

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      Analysis of this week's GoT on Vox is pretty much spot on. Spoilers obvs.

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/8/8748255/...ocking-moments
                                                                                      I can't stand reviews like this.

SPOILER
                                                                                      Jorah sure had time for a lot of charged eye contact with Dany when he should've been concentrating on not getting himself killed, didn't he?
                                                                                      To some degree, all the Dany stuff seemed like inconsequential filler intended to do little more than showcase some fight choreography and fiery CGI while reuniting Dany with her problem child Drogon and recreating the moment from the books when she flies away on his back. (Did anyone else get a Harry Potter vibe from Drogon's appearance, as if he showed up because he could sense Dany was in danger?

She can go fuck herself. That episode was fucking awesome. I hate that nit-picking shite, just enjoy it for how awesome it was.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                        Cracked my screen on my moto G. Anybody know how much they are to replace, prob not much point if its more than 50.
                                                                                        Do you (anyone else) have problems with the connection for the charger cable being loose?

Comment

Meh its pretty straightforward, I tell them what want to buy and ask them if they can get it and fit it?

They answer that they don't have them in stock but they can get a price and call back.
                                                                                          If they can't do it or don't want to why would they say they can?
                                                                                          Any chance you'd give this one a call for the lols http://www.actionsecurity.ie/

Really don't know much about them, just find their shop too clean They could be excellent.
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                            Do you (anyone else) have problems with the connection for the charger cable being loose?
                                                                                            No no just shards of glass falling off the screen

Comment

The post I made causes it. Will delete now.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                I'm looking for one of those as well, if you find a source let me know. Daughter broke hers and any of the repair guys say they will fit a screen for 25 if she supplies it but I haven't been able to find a cheap screen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  Terrible time to be a non meat eater.
                                                                                                  I made a shrug salad today. I have christened it that because when I was making it and wondered if I should put something in it I just shrugged and put it in. It had spinach, an avocado, chick peas, pomegranates, a banana, some strawberries, some blackberries, a peach, juice of half a lime, and plenty of hummus.

Probably had the nutritional value of licking the red top on your meat container.

When out yesterday evening got dizzy and almost fainted.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                    I made a shrug salad today. I have christened it that because when I was making it and wondered if I should put something in it I just shrugged and put it in. It had spinach, an avocado, chick peas, pomegranates, a banana, some strawberries, some blackberries, a peach, juice of half a lime, and plenty of hummus.

Probably had the nutritional value of licking the red top on your meat container.

When out yesterday evening got dizzy and almost fainted.
                                                                                                    Is the no meat thing a bet?

Oleras should hold IPB dinner party
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Myself, chad and dave will knock on his door. Send deets.
                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Dellavedova what a fucking legend

Comment

...

Comment

Had to do that for the wife's phone. Few shops on Moore Street have screen plus will fit. Its not cheap though, think it was around €50
                                                                                                            Still waiting on that address.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Interesting evening in the Dail...
                                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    I was casually told to call around to a house for a bit of food yesterday evening. They produced a bottle of Chateau Lynch Bages to accompany said food. Solid evening but a little upsetting when they wanted to open a second bottle and I had to decline as the car was outside.
                                                                                                                    Not a thought given to dumping car and getting a taxi?

Focus!

Comment

Ah no its not yet; hopefully though for the next job Its a definite step up though. Feeling a small bit of pressure. They have me sharing an office (oh the indignity!) with a dude who just finished his PhD from the third best business school in the world (which he went to after maths in Oxford), so that I can teach him the ropes. I literally understand about 5% of what he says.
                                                                                                                      Not to worry, you'll pick up the other 90% in no time

Comment

so what's the verdict here on the TTIP? Scaremongering justified? Seems so to me, the investor state dispute settlement mechanism is bananas. Id imagine there will be a few defenders here

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                          so what's the verdict here on the TTIP? Scaremongering justified? Seems so to me, the investor state dispute settlement mechanism is bananas. Id imagine there will be a few defenders here
                                                                                                                          Don't know a lot about it but.....
                                                                                                                          Isn't all the scaremongering fairly identical to that which we get with every EU treaty, trade treaty, environmental treaty etc? That this one is going to sell us down the river, change our society, give sovereignty to the Bilderberg corporations, new world order, enslaving us.

Maybe they are actually correct this time and no-one is listening, but kind of serves them right for the way they went on about every other treaty.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X