This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Hrm, not so sure. If the club can have a thousand year lease ala Guinness then that'll be fine. Still feels mad that the land was worth €150m 7 years ago.
    Alternative is selling up to the highest bidder for say 10m max, clearing debts and having nowhere to go. Money owed to Zurich, deal arranged with them to wait it out for best deal for both parties, this looks to be the only option at this stage.

Comment

lolz

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
        Alternative is selling up to the highest bidder for say 10m max, clearing debts and having nowhere to go. Money owed to Zurich, deal arranged with them to wait it out for best deal for both parties, this looks to be the only option at this stage.
        How much would finding land in town and building a 10k seater cost?

Comment

Well played these lads

MUSIC: Carpenter Brut "Paradise Warfare" - Listen to the official edit : http://bit.ly/1IARujq - Get it here : https://itunes.apple.com/album/trilogy/id95279...

Comment

FIFA wimmins World Cup have Swedish wimmin in shorts right now. Blatter was right though, they should wear tighter shorts. Gawd I miss him at times like this

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              How much would finding land in town and building a 10k seater cost?
              A lot, when we were looking at selling for 60m we were still looking at Abbotstown or near the airport as potential venues.

One that had cropped up a couple of times was going into Grangegorman with DIT I think it was but think those plans were shelved.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                A lot, when we were looking at selling for 60m we were still looking at Abbotstown or near the airport as potential venues.

One that had cropped up a couple of times was going into Grangegorman with DIT I think it was but think those plans were shelved.
                Spiritual home for Bohs fans

Comment

Best bit from the match yesterday. Big Jacks reaction to the ovation he received in Lansdowne.

Comment

I was lucky enough to be at the aviva for that muck. Big jack reception was unbelievable though.
                    airport, lol

Comment

Best bit from the match yesterday. Big Jacks reaction to the ovation he received in Lansdowne.

#bringbackjack

Comment

looks like someone elses hands in grey sleeves, little fingers like thumbs!

Comment

Has any English man been loved half as much in this country as Big Jack?

Could probably lower that to 25% tbh. Genuine question. Any answers?

Comment

The Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                              The Queen
                              She's German m8, not even joking.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ed and Jack in a photo finish.

Comment

Hellmuth heads up for another bracelet in 10k razz

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      Phil Hellmuth Jnr.
                                      His 14th (?) bracelet. Some man.

Comment

GOT latest episode
                                        SPOILER
                                        Good ep if a little uneven,I've really enjoyed this season. Definetly going to have to read the books though,you can see that they are really straining to cram it all in. Could have done with a lot less of aryas story and the dorne bits are pretty flat.

What are book fans feelings on how the writers are departing from the books storyline? Eg
                                        SPOILER
                                        i read that in the books Stannis does not burn his daughter

Comment

GOT Question

SPOILER
                                          Where the fuck is the little stark kid who broke his back gone to? We haven't see him for an entire season now???

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                            10 yr old westie starting to drink a lot, pant and piss in house for 1st time. I am thinking diabetic but will take to vet for confirmation.

Is there hope/treatment if it is or best to give the injection?

Plus side maybe is that it introduces death to kids but feel shit thinking that.
                                            Anemia.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                              GOT Question

SPOILER
                                              Where the fuck is the little stark kid who broke his back gone to? We haven't see him for an entire season now???
                                              SPOILER
                                              guaranteed he shows up at the very end of next weeks episode

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                GOT latest episode
                                                SPOILER
                                                Good ep if a little uneven,I've really enjoyed this season. Definetly going to have to read the books though,you can see that they are really straining to cram it all in. Could have done with a lot less of aryas story and the dorne bits are pretty flat.

What are book fans feelings on how the writers are departing from the books storyline? Eg
                                                SPOILER
                                                No problem with changes per se, but so many of them don't make logical sense and appear very contrived and almost soap style, where characters forget what they said last week if an opposite action is needed to drive the plot forward this week.
                                                GOT Question

SPOILER
                                                SPOILER
                                                Last season saw Brans story catch up with the book material and the show writers decided not to move forward yet with him.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  GOT latest episode
                                                  SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  It's not a change so much as this hasn't happened yet in the books. The whole boats to pick up the wildlings also hasn't happened in the books. I guess the fact that dorne is such a big part must mean they will be important to the end.

Tough to tell how bulletproof stainis is now in the upcoming fight against the boltons. Thought since he is a legend and had the red haired preistess he was set to make it till close to the end but now that he is burning his kid alive who was the only person he showed any actual love for - earned respect is kinda different I t think he will go soon.

Comment

John, Paul, George and Ringo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      No problem with changes per se, but so many of them don't make logical sense and appear very contrived and almost soap style, where characters forget what they said last week if an opposite action is needed to drive the plot forward this week.
                                                      This. All of the additions and changes are clumsy at best. The thing about GRRM is that he doesn't shock you for the sake of shocking you - every big event has a carefully crafted purpose and meaning. Last nights episode seemed like it was just being shocking for the sake of shocking.

Book stuff:

SPOILER
                                                      They could have at least had Melisandre explain a bit about the legends of the forging of Lightbringer, and the sacrifice that Azor Ahai made to save the world. At least then there would be a driving narrative.

I also thought the way they handled

SPOILER
                                                      Danaerys' first dragonride was terrible. It looks like she closes her eyes and summons Drogon. That's fucking retarded and compeltely ill fitting with the narrative. the way it went in the book was soooo much better. It almost made slogging through the rest of her storyline seem worth the payoff.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                        Anemia.
                                                        Cushing's disease maybe?

Getting a urine sample off a dog is challenging.

Comment

GOT Question

SPOILER
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          is he not living under the tree with the 3 eyed raven?

It was horrible the death of Shireen but I think there is a big thing happening and we need Stannis to be less liked. I don't think he will die any time soon and think he will be the one to end Melisandras life when he realises he killed his daughter for nothing.

I think the writers want us to root for Dany instead of Stannis so wanted us to hate him. I haven't read the books yet but plan to!

Can't wait till next Monday, think it will be an epic finale

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                            Cushing's disease maybe?

Getting a urine sample off a dog is challenging.
                                                            rig a bottle up to the end of a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              is he not living under the tree with the 3 eyed raven?

It was horrible the death of Shireen but I think there is a big thing happening and we need Stannis to be less liked. I don't think he will die any time soon and think he will be the one to end Melisandras life when he realises he killed his daughter for nothing.

I think the writers want us to root for Dany instead of Stannis so wanted us to hate him. I haven't read the books yet but plan to!

Can't wait till next Monday, think it will be an epic finale
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              ya he is sitting under a tree surounded by living skeletons.

I think your right somewhat about Stanis and now he is basically the mad king burning people for no reason whereas Danny will have a dragon so will literally have attempted to sacrifice herself in the flames when the eggs hatched and been rewarded while stanis is being prodded down the burning road so won't get the full payoff.

Either way it opens her return up to telling people my dad may have been mad for burning people but look at this guy currently burning people better support me.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                ya he is sitting under a tree surounded by living skeletons.

I think your right somewhat about Stanis and now he is basically the mad king burning people for no reason whereas Danny will have a dragon so will literally have attempted to sacrifice herself in the flames when the eggs hatched and been rewarded while stanis is being prodded down the burning road so won't get the full payoff.

Either way it opens her return up to telling people my dad may have been mad for burning people but look at this guy currently burning people better support me.
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                It it reasonable to think at this point that Melisandra may not actually be on his side?

Haven't read the books obv so may be way off.

Comment

Did luckychewy lose his mind some point?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Did luckychewy lose his mind some point?

https://twitter.com/luckychewy/with_replies
                                                                    anything specific?
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

The very sight of that guy used to make me want to smash his face in back in the AEJones days. Little has changed.

Edit: Imagine loads of us paid something like 2k each for a share in his poker instructional tapes!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          It it reasonable to think at this point that Melisandra may not actually be on his side?

Haven't read the books obv so may be way off.
                                                                          No book spoilers, but I'm obviously biased by my readings:
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Her motivations are certainly questionable at this point. I would say that Melisandre serves only her god. She's basically a zealot. His flames have told her that Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, so she serves Stannis, but if the flames told her to murder him tomorrow she would do that without question.
                                                                          Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 09-06-15, 11:22.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

he's had the hippy thing going a few years at this stage. Tbf, anything that he has written that I've read has been very articulate, intelligent and well thought out, so I wouldn't quite write him off as a looney.

note: I have not read Yoga of Poker, can't beat that tag line though.
                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              The very sight of that guy used to make me want to smash his face in back in the AEJones days. Little has changed.

Edit: Imagine loads of us paid something like 2k each for a share in his poker instructional tapes!
                                                                              Don't think I even managed to force myself to listen to it all.

Comment

GOT - latest episode thoughts

SPOILER
                                                                                I just wonder what will happen when Ser Davos gets back from castle black. I think he may be the next "victim" of the evil red woman as he will say some home truths to Stannis about what he did.

What I don't get is the kings blood thing. With Roberts bastard I get the kings blood as he was his son, but Robert usurped the throne and Stannis is only calling himself a king so really is he one? I think the sacrifice of Shireen will have been in vane and it will hit him very very hard when he realises it. Then I hope he kills that bitch! unless his wife gets in there first...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

If that "imagine if we did..." or "imagine, we did pay €2k each..."?!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                    rig a bottle up to the end of a stick.
                                                                                    Its a bitch and she squats!

Sorted, watched and waited and dived in with a syringe and sucked up a sample from the puddle

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                      If that "imagine if we did..." or "imagine, we did pay €2k each..."?!
                                                                                      The latter...not sure how much it was tbh...maybe it was only 1k...

Comment

Analysis of this week's GoT on Vox is pretty much spot on. Spoilers obvs.

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            Exhausted by this novel idea of turning up in the office everyday and putting in a full day, as is expected here. Don't think I've turned up to a workplace for five days in a row for about seven years. How do those of you who do it, do it without going mad?

Have 10 days of holliers until December seems impossibly little. Weird scheme here whereby you accumulate your holidays (some of them, theres a few different types of holiday days) during the first year for use in the second year. Doesn't quite make sense to me. But it means that from June 1st 2016 I've 60 days holidays that have to be taken (have to be apparently as its a 'right, but also an obligation'), but an awfully long wait until then.

Oh woe!
                                                                                            You should have stayed on in skool

Comment

Still cant believe Ned is dead

Comment

Exhausted by this novel idea of turning up in the office everyday and putting in a full day, as is expected here. Don't think I've turned up to a workplace for five days in a row for about seven years. How do those of you who do it, do it without going mad?

Have 10 days of holliers until December seems impossibly little. Weird scheme here whereby you accumulate your holidays (some of them, theres a few different types of holiday days) during the first year for use in the second year. Doesn't quite make sense to me. But it means that from June 1st 2016 I've 60 days holidays that have to be taken (have to be apparently as its a 'right, but also an obligation'), but an awfully long wait until then.

Oh woe!
                                                                                                That holiday thing is the same in Belgium...very strange. I typically take a week at Christmas and 2 in Summer but will probably be zero this year as we're not going away.
                                                                                                Sure the working life of an academic is as good as a holiday when compared with most people...
                                                                                                Don't worry...going to work gets a lot easier when you've 2 kids.

Comment

Tea and Coffee (Catetiere) pots? Nice, good looking modern ones. Silver or most likely Silver Plated. Where does one find these?
                                                                                                  Gudjaysus

Comment

Best place to change a few grand to dollars?
                                                                                                    Bank, post office or bureau de change shop?
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

.com or .ie?
                                                                                                      .gay

Comment

Mostly I go mad. Madness can be limited with long lunchbreaks and plenty of slacking. Come in as late as you are allowed but make sure you are one of the last to leave. Make up for the slacking with short bursts of extreme productivity.

Comment

Stating the obvious, but (a) make sure it's a job you like, and (b) make sure your commute is less than 10 minutes each way. Get those right, and having limited holiday days isn't much of an issue either.

Comment

Tea and Coffee (Catetiere) pots? Nice, good looking modern ones. Silver or most likely Silver Plated. Where does one find these?
                                                                                                            There is only one

Get the bigger one imo
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

GOT fans:
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                                                Stating the obvious, but (a) make sure it's a job you like, and (b) make sure your commute is less than 10 minutes each way. Get those right, and having limited holiday days isn't much of an issue either.
                                                                                                                He's HeadHoncho of the Department of Tricky Maths at the Sorbonne, whats not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                                                  Just closing a deal on a new apt rental. It's in the same complex where my office is supposedly moving to in Sept. If everything goes to plan this could result in a 45 second commute.

Hold.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Speaking of jobs; I just finished my first week in a boarding school here. I have never seen wealth like it in my life. Lots of Russian kids here from peeps Putin locked up, kids masserattis in the car park, if you have ever wondered why rich superstar people end up topping themselves this is the place to say. Good lols one day in the dining hall when they were told Ok so today we are doing water skiing as an activity and there was a collective groan as they are so bored by it. Obscene.
                                                                                                                    Plus points are over 180 days off a year. and living in THE most beautiful, serene surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                      Speaking of jobs; I just finished my first week in a boarding school here. I have never seen wealth like it in my life. Lots of Russian kids here from peeps Putin locked up, kids masserattis in the car park, if you have ever wondered why rich superstar people end up topping themselves this is the place to say. Good lols one day in the dining hall when they were told Ok so today we are doing water skiing as an activity and there was a collective groan as they are so bored by it. Obscene.
                                                                                                                      Plus points are over 180 days off a year. and living in THE most beautiful, serene surroundings.
                                                                                                                      Been waiting on updates from this,keep it coming

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        Just closing a deal on a new apt rental. It's in the same complex where my office is supposedly moving to in Sept. If everything goes to plan this could result in a 45 second commute.

Hold.
                                                                                                                        There are lots of downside to living over the shop. Work and home ~= church and state, keep them as far apart as is reasonably practical IMO.
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

gwan the belgium! We should mint a 3 in 1 value coin

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X