This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    Tyrone and it is not even remotely close. Worst by a cuntry mile.
    Armagh imo. Just complete thugs and absolutely no banter. The only time I ever felt like I didn't want to be in a crowd at a GAA match.

Saying that, my brother, a friend and myself got a tough time in the middle of a heap of Donegal fans up on the hill last September. One lad and his mates looking for a row was only stopped by an old head with sense. Might just be an Ulster thing although I've never seen anything from Monaghan or Fermanagh.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
      Great day at Tayto Park. Thanks Mr. Tayto Head[ATTACH]2295[/ATTACH]
      How was the roller coaster, might take a spin up during the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
        How was the roller coaster, might take a spin up during the summer?
        Roller Coaster was good. Having Ronan Keating Life is a Roller Coaster stuck in my head not so good
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          BBV, anyone know a shop where I could find Juniper berries in Dublin?
          Some of the bigger M&S might have them and also Nolans in Clontarf too. Only the dried variety though.

Comment

t updates
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
              t updates
              Had seafood chowder and brown bread.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Armagh imo. Just complete thugs and absolutely no banter. The only time I ever felt like I didn't want to be in a crowd at a GAA match.

Saying that, my brother, a friend and myself got a tough time in the middle of a heap of Donegal fans up on the hill last September. One lad and his mates looking for a row was only stopped by an old head with sense. Might just be an Ulster thing although I've never seen anything from Monaghan or Fermanagh.
                Donegal are a narrow 2nd to Tyrone for me. Fucking awful GAA people.

It's definitely not an Ulster thing - Monaghan people are fucking amazing craic at a GAA match. Never had a problem with Armagh. My measure of a GAA crowd is how they are after a win and a loss. By that measure Armagh GAA are good people frankly.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

t updates
                  Fish (plaice) n chips, mushy peas, tartare sauce and a mug o tae. Could work in elbows gaf after making it.

Comment

Fish (plaice) n chips, mushy peas, tartare sauce and a mug o tae. Could work in elbows gaf after making it.
                    We have no plaices avaiable

Comment

Donegal are a narrow 2nd to Tyrone for me. Fucking awful GAA people.

It's definitely not an Ulster thing - Monaghan people are fucking amazing craic at a GAA match. Never had a problem with Armagh. My measure of a GAA crowd is how they are after a win and a loss. By that measure Armagh GAA are good people frankly.
                      You must have met a very different bunch of Armagh fans to me. I'd go for Tyrone Donegal and Armagh in any order. Strangely enough the best craic I've had with opposing fans are Dubs. The Cork rivalry is too close to home down here. Too likely that banter leads to a punch so I just leave it.

Comment

t updates
                        Spag Bol
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

LOL at a Dub being an arbiter of the worst GAA fans

Dubs by a distance after that everyone else is much the same they all have their fair share of wankers but on a big day the Dubs bring out by far the biggest percentage of them.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anybody know where I could get replacement earpad covers for Bose QC25 delivered by Thursday? Or any shops (in Limerick) likely to sell them?

Comment

You must have met a very different bunch of Armagh fans to me. I'd go for Tyrone Donegal and Armagh in any order. Strangely enough the best craic I've had with opposing fans are Dubs. The Cork rivalry is too close to home down here. Too likely that banter leads to a punch so I just leave it.
                              I have no way of telling but I hear Dublin fans are decent craic from the perspective of other counties (other than Kildare and Meath but I suppose it's like Cork for you guys).

Meath rivalry was fun back in the 90's when they beat us and we beat them. Last decade or so it's been nothing until August really.

Dublin might be a lot worse than we get credit for because we only really travel for league games and then you're getting the really good GAA people and that crowd is always good in every county from my experience (Tyrone excepted). I was in Longford for the last away championship game we played and it was a great day. Longford crowd were brilliant and the craic after the game with both sets of fans was just brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Dubs by a distance after that everyone else is much the same they all have their fair share of wankers but on a big day the Dubs bring out by far the biggest percentage of them.
                                We bring the most people full stop so we probably have more as a total but not a percentage. Your horrible bitterness isn't just restricted to lawyers, that's good to see

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                  Anybody know where I could get replacement earpad covers for Bose QC25 delivered by Thursday? Or any shops (in Limerick) likely to sell them?
                                  There are a few options in Limerick, namely Savins, Compu B,(Both in O'Connell St) or Harvey Normans. Order online or try phoning the free-phone number first thing in the morning. https://www.bose.ie/IE/en/home-and-p...r-cushion-kit/
                                  Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 07-06-15, 22:16.

Comment

I have no way of telling but I hear Dublin fans are decent craic from the perspective of other counties (other than Kildare and Meath but I suppose it's like Cork for you guys).

Meath rivalry was fun back in the 90's when they beat us and we beat them. Last decade or so it's been nothing until August really.

Dublin might be a lot worse than we get credit for because we only really travel for league games and then you're getting the really good GAA people and that crowd is always good in every county from my experience (Tyrone excepted). I was in Longford for the last away championship game we played and it was a great day. Longford crowd were brilliant and the craic after the game with both sets of fans was just brilliant.
                                    Yeah the dubs are good banter. They're able to take the stick they get and give it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                      I'm pretty sure I have some in the boot of the car, but, as that's not a runner, you will probably get one in your nearest garage.
                                      The Esso opposite Stewarts hospital should have them.
                                      several hours after I meekly suggested the car battery may be the problem ( and was roundly ridiculed) and not the key card we got new batteries upon which we discovered it was the car battery.
                                      Because I might have been thinking I told you so, i am now in the dog house.
                                      brides eh?
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

PGA tour playoff on sky sports 4 at the moment is great viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                          We have no plaices avaiable
                                          Ah your codding me !
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Cheers for the Ex Machina recommendations - thoroughly enjoyable. Exactly the type of movie that works for me. First time seeing Alicia Vikander too, she was amazing.

Comment

The Whispers, a new sci-fi show has lots of promise. Really enjoyed the pilot.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                PGA tour playoff on sky sports 4 at the moment is great viewing.
                                                Caught the tail end of it, cheers.

While we're talking about GAA fans, I would hope that none of them are as retarded as the average American golf spectator.

Comment

Gotta vote for Tyrone as worst GAA fans also. Attended a few Kerry-Tyrone finals and semis, Tyrone fans are horrendous winners. So triumphant and in your face. While on the other hand I remember leaving a Kerry-Mayo final once where the Kerry fans were as quiet and humble as ever seen, given the manner of the one-sided win and the acknowledgement of what a final win would have meant (and will mean) to Mayo. I'm a Kerry/Galway man but desperately hope that the 'curse' is banished sometime soon, Mayo people are so passionate about football it would be wonderful to see

Comment

Game of Thrones m8s. 2am.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                      Gotta vote for Tyrone as worst GAA fans also. Attended a few Kerry-Tyrone finals and semis, Tyrone fans are horrendous winners. So triumphant and in your face. While on the other hand I remember leaving a Kerry-Mayo final once where the Kerry fans were as quiet and humble as ever seen, given the manner of the one-sided win and the acknowledgement of what a final win would have meant (and will mean) to Mayo. I'm a Kerry/Galway man but desperately hope that the 'curse' is banished sometime soon, Mayo people are so passionate about football it would be wonderful to see
                                                      My fathers from Mayo but truly one of the great things is seeing the Mayo for sam signs and then they blow it again and limp back after another hiding on a big day.

Comment

10 yr old westie starting to drink a lot, pant and piss in house for 1st time. I am thinking diabetic but will take to vet for confirmation.

Is there hope/treatment if it is or best to give the injection?

Plus side maybe is that it introduces death to kids but feel shit thinking that.

Comment

No idea m8 but will need pics of the dog.

Comment

My fav thing about watching HBO live streams is how their ads remind me of other things I should live stream.

Comment

We bring the most people full stop so we probably have more as a total but not a percentage. Your horrible bitterness isn't just restricted to lawyers, that's good to see
                                                              Hard to judge Kildare fans for banter , they are normally all in Eddie rockets , City west by the time final whistle is blown.��

Considering it was a final and the manner in which they lost , The way Kerry fans behaved after the 2011 final make them an easy choice for best GAA fans in the country . Then when you have won as many as them I suppose it's easier to take the odd loss.
                                                              Last edited by horatio1; 08-06-15, 02:06.

Comment

made whore's pasta 4t

Comment

made whore's pasta 4t
                                                                  No idea what this is but in my thought process I have now put myself off all types of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                    No idea what this is but in my thought process I have now put myself off all types of fish.
                                                                    no fish innit m8
                                                                    were you a big fishie fan
                                                                    sorry for your loss

Comment

no fish innit m8
                                                                      were you a big fishie fan
                                                                      sorry for your loss
                                                                      Ta m8. Come to think of it was never a fan.

Comment

Happy to help. What's the agenda tomorrow?

Comment

Happy to help. What's the agenda tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                            My fathers from Mayo but truly one of the great things is seeing the Mayo for sam signs and then they blow it again and limp back after another hiding on a big day.
                                                                            +1 million. Mayo heads are chippy enough,least cool of all the West coast counties. Hope the curse continues for decades more

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              Deets? Most varietals will be vinegar by that stage.

Got it from Kelly's at the top of Vernon Ave. Was pretty good tbf. Definite diminishing returns when you go over about 40-50 for a bottle though.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-13...-julien-france

Got it from Kelly's at the top of Vernon Ave. Was pretty good tbf. Definite diminishing returns when you go over about 40-50 for a bottle though.
                                                                                Don't think I have ever paid more than 10 Euro for a bottle of wine. Still enjoy the local supermarket offerings though, plenty of nice tasting wine from 1-3 Euro a bottle. Am I missing a life experience by buying lower priced stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-13...-julien-france

That's a good spot (Kellys) to blow a poker score. One of the best wine merchants in Dublin imo although a bit on the small side.

30 year old wine eh? Next you know, you'll be looking for hundred-year old port. Slippery slope.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                    Don't think I have ever paid more than 10 Euro for a bottle of wine. Still enjoy the local supermarket offerings though, plenty of nice tasting wine from 1-3 Euro a bottle. Am I missing a life experience by buying lower priced stuff?
                                                                                    I would have to say yes but purely subjective.

Comment

Wine is basically a (delicious) Ponzi scheme.

Stay on the low tiers and you'll be fine.

Comment

Would love to do a blind test to see is there any correlation between what I perceive to be nice and price. I think most of the science says there isn't. Not sure I'm a big fan of port. Had it once or twice with tasting menus and wasn't gone on it.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                          Considering it was a final and the manner in which they lost , The way Kerry fans behaved after the 2011 final make them an easy choice for best GAA fans in the country . Then when you have won as many as them I suppose it's easier to take the odd loss.
                                                                                          Not that one. Still sick over it Went on the beer with a few dubs for the week though, helped ease the pain.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          +1 million. Mayo heads are chippy enough,least cool of all the West coast counties. Hope the curse continues for decades more
                                                                                          Heard a great line from a taxi driver last year before the All Ireland. "Isn't it great that Mayo aren't in it. At least that way we don't know who is going to win"

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            I would have to say yes but purely subjective.
                                                                                            It's funny when you read the blind testing articles on the line, makes me feel that you need to be an expert to appreciative a "good" wine. And even then it seems to be based on price and packaging.
                                                                                            When I taste a wine I either like it or I don't, if it's a $50 bottle or a $5 bottle doesn't make a difference to me.
                                                                                            I won 12 bottles of wine a few years ago, my wife's dutch uncle came to visit and got very excited about the wine so we shared a few bottles over the next few days. It was lovely wine but I wouldn't say it was any nicer than any other wines I liked in the lower price range. What I mean is, I couldn't taste the extra value in the more expensive wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                              Wine is basically a (delicious) Ponzi scheme.

Stay on the low tiers and you'll be fine.
                                                                                              Yeah, I tend to hover around the 3rd least cheapest bottles, I don't touch the 1 euro "muck" , it's gotta be at least 1.19.
                                                                                              Nah I found a couple of whites that I like around the 1.70 - 1.90 price range and some reds around the 1.80 to 2 euro range that are really nice.
                                                                                              The missus pays 3.19 for penascal and it irks me that she buys the "expensive" stuff.

Comment

The missus pays 3.19 for penascal and it irks me that she buys the "expensive" stuff.
                                                                                                Gotta be careful with the ladies and their expensive tastes. Mrs Duke has had her friends in a few times and raided the good gear. Solid grounds for divorce.

Comment

Yeah, I tend to hover around the 3rd least cheapest bottles, I don't touch the 1 euro "muck" , it's gotta be at least 1.19.
                                                                                                  Nah I found a couple of whites that I like around the 1.70 - 1.90 price range and some reds around the 1.80 to 2 euro range that are really nice.
                                                                                                  Your €2 bottle probably has more "wine" in it than a €8 bottle here...thieving cunce.

Breakdown of a bottle of mammy juice.

pay 3 times the average, get 14x the wine.

Expensive only goes so far though, i think most are in agreement once you stray over the 60-80 range you are buying exclusivity, not per say a better wine.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                    Heard a great line from a taxi driver last year before the All Ireland. "Isn't it great that Mayo aren't in it. At least that way we don't know who is going to win"
                                                                                                    One day were heading into Croke Park alongside some Dubs (real fans because they had left the pub before the game actually started ) and particularly simian one of them was getting right in our faces with some hylarious routine about us being Sheep Shaggers. The brother, about twice the size of the mouthy ape, stops looks down at him and replies 'Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it '

Can't argue with the Kerry lads being the best winners and losers but I'd also put in a shout for the Offaly fans especially when they are doing well they know how to enjoy it.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      @ Tar (again), I was just on the other places' Veggie forum and saw you mentioning getting blood tests for iron. Do you get more comprehensive blood tests? And if so what do you ask to get tested (GP I presume?).

I have been meaning to get blood tests done to check various stuff for a good while but haven't. It seems like now is a very good time to do it. Chronic lack of energy is an issue. Now I was chronically malnourished as a child due to low food intake, anaemic due to iron deficiency, and some manner of malabsorption problem with what food I did ingest. I haven't, I don't think, had relevant blood tests since I was a teen.
                                                                                                      Generally I was only tested for iron as I absorb more than normal people and don't need it. However when I do want to know these things I go through a GP, ask for a "full blood test" and intimate your concerns.
                                                                                                      I am pretty sure they always test me for everything but I don't know so I ask for comprehensive ones. I do mention specific things like B12, D, sodium, Cholesterol etc, and so on when I go just to drive home I want it all done but I doubt there is the need.

I get referred to the mater, get given the documentation from the doctor to bring with me on the day. I make an appointment online for phlebotomy, would take a few weeks/month to get it done, I booked one just there and its for the start of July. Only takes 5 mins to get it done.

If you don't make an appointment online you can go in during the day and take a ticket, but you have no idea when they will do your test as you are essentially waiting for there to be a gap in appointments at random,
                                                                                                      but that's a faster way to get it done. Do you have a good understanding of your dietary problems now and what you can/can't absorb or things your body doesn't get on well with?
                                                                                                      This will be a good start to seeing if anything needs to be done. In general I recommend anybody on any diet supplements D3 if there was one thing I know people are lacking.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-06-15, 09:30.

Comment

A wee bit of edge and niggle between fans is good, sounds as if the Ulster lads have it sussed.
                                                                                                        Not looking for mindless violence or anything, but also can't be having the 'sure it was a great occasion better luck next year great bunch of lads altogether' stuff either.

Comment

One day were heading into Croke Park alongside some Dubs (real fans because they had left the pub before the game actually started ) and particularly simian one of them was getting right in our faces with some hylarious routine about us being Sheep Shaggers. The brother, about twice the size of the mouthy ape, stops looks down at him and replies 'Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it '

Can't argue with the Kerry lads being the best winners and losers but I'd also put in a shout for the Offaly fans especially when they are doing well they know how to enjoy it.
                                                                                                          We got the Sheep Shaggers chant a couple of years ago at the semi final. 3 of us walking up the hill looking for some green and gold in a sea of blue when about 100 dubs start singing Sheep Shaggers sheep Shaggers. They didn't seem to like being called Jackeens or West Brits all in a days banter.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            A wee bit of edge and niggle between fans is good, sounds as if the Ulster lads have it sussed.
                                                                                                            Not looking for mindless violence or anything, but also can't be having the 'sure it was a great occasion better luck next year great bunch of lads altogether' stuff either.
                                                                                                            When they start spitting on you, telling you that you'll get knifed, it's gone too far. Armagh. Cunce.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              Agreed. As yesterday demonstrated,the peace process has ruined the only good international friendly match we had

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Agreed. As yesterday demonstrated,the peace process has ruined the only good international friendly match we had
                                                                                                                Ludicrous kick-off time which proved nothing other than the guards, county council and the two FAs could pat themselves on the back about how great they are.
                                                                                                                Hopefully we get them in the qualifying draw for WC18 and UEFA stick it down for 7.45pm on a Saturday night.

Comment

What's sort of money did Ings go for? Could be a good signing for Liverpool at the right price.
                                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                    Careca and Keane both epitomised this for me.

Although actually the reason why I have so much respect and love for Kerry fans is that they were exactly as friendly and warm and modest when they fucking thumped us in 2009 as they were when we won in 2011 and when we played out that class in 2013. For me it's how consistently good they are. I was delighted for them winning last year in part because of that and in part because I think Eamonn Fitzmaurice is the best coach in GAA right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      What's sort of money did Ings go for? Could be a good signing for Liverpool at the right price.
                                                                                                                      Freebie. Was out of contract.

Comment

This was a pretty sweet way to make millions, gaming a lottery:
                                                                                                                        MIT students figured out how to make winning the Massachusetts lottery a sure thing, and a recent investigation suggests that the lottery commission knew about it

Comment

Kerry fans would have a lot more visits to Croke Park than other counties, so its logical enough they would have a more measured reaction. Judging a whole counties' fans by the reactions of a few pissed up feral thugs you were unlucky enough to bump into is a little harsh. Apart from Tyrone obv, shower of bastards the lot of em!
                                                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X