Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went into penneys yest to grab some stuff for a holiday,holy fuck they are cheap. 2.50 per t shirt. Picked up nice light jacket for 13€ that would cost €200 if you slapped a diesel logo on it.
    Great to see companies passing sweatshop savings on to the customer
    Last edited by Guest; 26-05-15, 08:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Did mini-Lazare make BBC World news?

45seconds into first clip
      Followed by Lazare giving an interview

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
        Followed by Lazare giving an interview

#14 too

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Some slanging match between herself and the rest of FF since this announcement. Herself and Mickey M clearly not best of buds.

Your hypothesis about the marriage referemdum is clearly wromg; it's all to do with good old-fashioned constituency carve-ups.
          I don't know a lot about her but what I had heard from her my reaction was always wtf is she doing in ff?
          the story she had about being laughed at at a party meeting when she suggested that they all wear Yes badges when on the by election canvass sounded very plausible today when I heard the way Barry Cowen and some other ff gombeen deny it ever happened.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Surely the best picture of the weekend. WP Lazare.

Comment

What did everyone have for lunch? I had a couscous salad in Mochaland. It was very nice. I am on a health kick so trying to limit myself to just four sausage sandwiches a week.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                What did everyone have for lunch? I had a couscous salad in Mochaland. It was very nice. I am on a health kick so trying to limit myself to just four sausage sandwiches a week.
                3 baby bells some grapes mug of coffee doing up the garden blistering like a festered cock

Comment

Please look after yourself Andy dead bastard does not have a nice tone to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                    Please look after yourself Andy dead bastard does not have a nice tone to it.
                    I have a plan to cycle to work. That should be more than enough exercise to keep me alive a bit longer. I don't really fancy getting old so don't want to overdo it. Will probably go back to 6 sausage sandwiches a week to compensate.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      I don't know a lot about her but what I had heard from her my reaction was always wtf is she doing in ff?
                      the story she had about being laughed at at a party meeting when she suggested that they all wear Yes badges when on the by election canvass sounded very plausible today when I heard the way Barry Cowen and some other ff gombeen deny it ever happened.
                      I refer you to my comments of yesterday

She's a geebag
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                        3 baby bells some grapes mug of coffee doing up the garden blistering like a festered cock
                        please look after yourself, dead puppy has a bad tone to it

Comment

What's a mochaland
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            I've a feeling Houlihan might be added too
                            Confirmed. Was really hoping for this one myself, love the guy.

Such an exciting fighter overlooked slightly by Mc Gregor and even Pendred.
                            Last edited by Jibzzzz; 26-05-15, 12:58.

Comment

Nsfchd Bad joke below (also a sick joke)

SPOILER
                              hate gardening but love flowers? run down a teenager outside your house

Comment

Comment

Prawns, salad leaves, avacado, green pepper, tomatoe with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing - Was delish!

Comment

Haddock goujons and a few chips with tartare sauce.

Might have a 99 for dessert
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                      What's a mochaland
                                      It's a cafe on Ormond Quay. I work nearby.

Comment

Some slanging match between herself and the rest of FF since this announcement. Herself and Mickey M clearly not best of buds.

Your hypothesis about the marriage referemdum is clearly wromg; it's all to do with good old-fashioned constituency carve-ups.
                                        Cliffs?

Comment

She came across very well i thought on Moncrief earlier.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Bill Burr podcast a good listen this week

Picks a fight on the pod with his wife(*taking the piss), she isn't having it and the stuff he says just gets worse, good laugh

Bill rambles about how to die at a racetrack, women inventors and electric cars.
                                            Last edited by Guest; 26-05-15, 14:50. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              Cliffs?
                                              Miriam Lord has a Power sympathetic view of the situation here

Its fairly certain they were going to run two candidates in the new Dublin Bay North constituency and she had expected to be given a clear run. It sounds liket she wouldn't have had too much of a problem sharing the ticket with the other woman they have there but she was told she would have to fight for the second nomination with Sean Haughy

Would also be interested in cliffs on what makes her a geebag, of course anyone who would willingly join up to FF is in that area by default but you know what I mean.

Comment

I refer you to my comments of yesterday
                                                Ah! I see now... she is married to your big headed doppleganger

Interesting, I always thought he was a true believer in the Soldiers of Fail he must be keen to get himself a bit more distance from them.

Comment

It's a cafe on Ormond Quay. I work nearby.
                                                  I had just googled it.
                                                  Tea, toast and oj on the balcony.

Comment

Brag: Flying to Vegas tomorrow
                                                    Beat: Missing ITICA Day for my Tea tomorrow
                                                    Variance: Atari Jaguar

Comment

I look nothing like him.

He is however the spit of ste05

Comment

Posted it up on my Facebook too, but does anyone here want 2 tickets to Rep. of Ireland open training session at the Aviva on June 3rd? I get them as part of the season ticket but wouldn't be able to go.

They are downloadable, so I can email them to you.

Comment

I look nothing like him.

He is however the spit of ste05
                                                          LOL I knew he was supposed to look like someone

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            He dragged the whole squad there the day before a qualifier vs Austria (iirc). Half the team took the "Ramsdens challenge" -ie eat some big fuck off load of fish n chips and you get it free or something. I think only Gary Kelly managed it. We lost at Landsdowne the next day anyhow.

Still one in the Square which i pop into the odd time as its never busy at lunchtime.
                                                            I took (and completed) the harry's challenge a bunch of times when it was on the naas road.

You got a free dessert (Any dessert of your choice)
                                                            My dad being the funny wag that he is asked for a POT of strawberrys and icecream.
                                                            He got them too the cute fucker.
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                              I had just googled it.
                                                              Tea, toast and oj on the balcony.
                                                              Sick balcony brag bro

Comment

Interesting, I always thought he was a true believer in the Soldiers of Fail he must be keen to get himself a bit more distance from them.

In college, UCC, he was quite active in YFG. From Tipp (North?), one of his parents was a FG activist too IIRC. Having read his stuff from the beginning I never got the impression he was that much in favour of either of the main parties, but probably quite against SF.

Comment

Wonder if he's ever mixed up with that English actor....

Comment

Had this wine today at a fiver for bottle. Thgt it very nice but my palate would not be very refined. Unsure what connection a penguin has with wine though?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                      Had this wine today at a fiver for bottle. Thgt it very nice but my palate would not be very refined. Unsure what connection a penguin has with wine though?

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1282839
                                                                      Magellanic penguin

They have them in the southern tip of chile.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                        Ah cheers man
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Android 5.1.1 came up for my Nexus 5 and it installed with no problems at all. The Nexus 9 on the other hand still wont update

Comment

Hey, been having a bit of a problem with my laptop if anyone could help. I have a Toshiba Satellite M50-A-11Q. Since the weekend, my mousepad has randomly stopped working. It's an ELAN PS/2 Port Smart-Pad.
                                                                            I've been able to fix it by doing a system restore back to before whatever update has caused this. Only problem with that is that it's happened 3/4 times now, so obviously constant system restores isn't gonna work in the long run. Is there any way I can stop whatever update is happening automatically? Was looking around to see if there's any driver online that I could install, but am kinda lost. Also, I read that you have to uninstall your current driver to install a new one and I don't have another mouse I can use at the moment.
                                                                            If anyone could help, it'd be great. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                              Android 5.1.1 came up for my Nexus 5 and it installed with no problems at all. The Nexus 9 on the other hand still wont update
                                                                              Dont worry about that. What functions are you unable to do on one that you cant get the upgrade on from the other you can?. People are too fixated on having the most update firmware but you wouldnt know the difference whether it had the update or not?.
                                                                              Last edited by rounders123; 26-05-15, 19:04. Reason: unable

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                Cliffs?
                                                                                this gives a flavour

She said she was told by them she was the best-placed person to take the seat and Mr Martin’s version of events was a “lie”.

Mr Martin claimed Ms Power had asked him to support her in the selection convention in Dublin Bay North and not to back Councillor Seán Haughey, who will be one of the contenders.

Ms Power said the comments were “outrageous and totally untrue” and was a sign of the return to old-school Fianna Fáil. “I know I would have a strong chance of being elected for Fianna Fáil in the next election. But I have come to the conclusion that I don’t want to be a Fianna Fáil TD. I want to be true to myself and have the courage to walk away from the party.”

Ms Power said her announcement was not intended to be a personal attack on Mr Martin. She said he had good intentions but had no control over his party. Mr Martin said her comments were vindictive, disingenuous and unfair.

He said he felt it reflected more on her than on him as a leader.
                                                                                “I’m not hurt but it just shows a side to her character that is disappointing – she might learn it doesn’t pay to be personally vindictive in politics.”

Comment

Heading to Bilbao for a few days tomorrow, anyone been/got any advice for things to do.
                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                    Dont worry about that. What functions are you unable to do on one that you cant get the upgrade on from the other you can?. People are too fixated on having the most update firmware but you wouldnt know the difference whether it had the update or not?.
                                                                                    The fact that google does not show it is a common problem bothers me as I am wondering if there is a fault in it. It has been doing some random shit like screen going blank when you try to turn it on.

The fact it is Googles flagship product and was on a much earlier version of android when it was supposed to get the updates first irked me. I liked the idea of it getting updates before other devices lol.

Typical woman lol. It is working ok, so many books on it and it was such a hassle getting the Overdrive media working again that I am reluctant to set it back to factory. Done that already since I got it at Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                      Heading to Bilbao for a few days tomorrow, anyone been/got any advice for things to do.
                                                                                      There's a tram that's about €5 for all day ticket that runs from one end to the other so you can hop on/off to see whats what. Guggenheim Museum I suppose has to be done too.

Comment

The fact that google does not show it is a common problem bothers me as I am wondering if there is a fault in it. It has been doing some random shit like screen going blank when you try to turn it on.

The fact it is Googles flagship product and was on a much earlier version of android when it was supposed to get the updates first irked me. I liked the idea of it getting updates before other devices lol.

Typical woman lol. It is working ok, so many books on it and it was such a hassle getting the Overdrive media working again that I am reluctant to set it back to factory. Done that already since I got it at Christmas.
                                                                                        Yeah factory reset would be a pain. My phone i got at 4.4.2 and was allowed 2 system updates ending at 4.4.4 when they came and now its 4.4.4 for a good while and im sure id see no difference if it was 5.x.x or whatever it is now. Im sure thats primarily a conspiracy to keep people buying newer products.

Comment

I really wouldn't get worked up about it. My phone updated to lollipop last month and I wish I could go back,nothing new of use,but messed up one really useful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                            Had to copy that

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

@Tar, I have decided to trial eat vegetarian for the month of June. I'm not a great fan of vegetables generally. Help.

Comment

Also, has anyone watched Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell on BBC on Sundays? First two episodes in and I adore it every aspect of it.

Comment

Silicon Valley is probably the funniest thing on telly at the moment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Loo
                                                                                                    Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                    Had to copy that

The guys head in background makes it look like she has an old man tuft goin on!

Class pic Lazare. Be fun telling her in a few years time
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Miriam Lord has a Power sympathetic view of the situation here

Its fairly certain they were going to run two candidates in the new Dublin Bay North constituency and she had expected to be given a clear run. It sounds liket she wouldn't have had too much of a problem sharing the ticket with the other woman they have there but she was told she would have to fight for the second nomination with Sean Haughy

Would also be interested in cliffs on what makes her a geebag, of course anyone who would willingly join up to FF is in that area by default but you know what I mean.
                                                                                                      She's never done well, and the party has never had any interest in her (which is impressive considering the impending gender quotas) she's finished. It says alot about their future direction that after that ref they're not embracing their liberal female member insteadthey're keeping to the core rural voters, in tens years FG and SF may be the only surviving parties from now.

also re that article:

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      @Tar, I have decided to trial eat vegetarian for the month of June. I'm not a great fan of vegetables generally. Help.
                                                                                                      There's been a couple of times recently where I've ordered veg meals and I've been a staunch carnivore all my life, is it an age thing or something?
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 26-05-15, 22:42.

Comment

Chiropractors - am I right in thinking they are a bunch of quacks?

Has anyone ever seen one? Missus hurt her back at the weekend in a fall and is going to see one, $120 a visit.
                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                          Whoever posted a Manu Chao video up here recently, I see he is playing a gig at the Kilmainham Hospital on June 27th.

I love his stuff now..Can't remember who suggested him!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Manu-Chao.../artist/796385
                                                                                                          Think that may have been me.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          Loo

The guys head in background makes it look like she has an old man tuft goin on!

Class pic Lazare. Be fun telling her in a few years time
                                                                                                          Cheers dude. Just copped, the guy in the background with the cap on backwards is the Cocktails and Cock Talk guy.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            Think that may have been me.

Cheers dude. Just copped, the guy in the background with the cap on backwards is the Cocktails and Cock Talk guy.
                                                                                                            Eric Reed is playing in JJs in June, saw him in the Village Vanguard and he's phenomenon streets ahead of anyone I've ever seen here, it's the jazz equivalent of seeing Ed Sheeran in your local pub for a tenner.

Comment

My sister briefly became a vegetarian for a couple of months in her teens. She didn't eat veg. She just ate digestive biscuits with butter. Hope this helps and best of luck with it.

Comment

Having carried the hepatitis c virus for 35 years after receiving a contaminated blood product , after 12 weeks of treatment and 2 weeks of post treatment observation my mother tested negative for the virus yesterday.

Testing negative does not 100 % mean that she is free of the virus. Pre treatment she had 1.2 million virus equivalents per ml of blood . Testing negative means she now has less than 10 VE per ml which is the lowest traceable amount . If she stays "negative " for another 5 months there is only a 1 in 300 chance of re-infection. While there is still a greater risk than normal of liver cancer , it is 20 times less likely than pre treatment. Her liver function results show signs of regeneration .

A great day for our family only slightly tempered by the fact that had she not been put forward by the team at St James's for a compassionate use program funded by the drug company , she would most likely not have received this treatment for 2 years. At that stage her liver cirrhosis would probably have been at a point that regeneration was unlikely and cancer if not already present would be highly likely.

Obviously the hep c medical team look only at the patient and the severity of the disease when they present with no consideration as to how they have become infected . The budget allocated to cover the cost of treatment is such that only a small portion of those infected in Ireland will be treated each year . They are selected solely on a basis of medical need i.e. Those in the worst condition are treated first regardless of medical / social history.

At the conference in February , it was certainly the elephant in the room and while not said publicly , I overheard several conversations during the breaks as to why people who had been infected by the state were not being given preference to for example intravenous drug users.

Some might say that the socio- economic environment that most I.V. Drug users come from could also be traced back to government neglect . Some might say that preference should be given to younger infected patients rather than a 75 year old woman like my mother . My opinion is obviously very biased but would be interested to hear what others think.

As I said a truly wonderful day for our family , hopefully to be experienced by many more in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  There's been a couple of times recently where I've ordered veg meals and I've been a staunch carnivore all my life, is it an age thing or something?
                                                                                                                  Well I was in the Buddhist centre tonight meditating, doing a loving kindness meditation, and the last stage of that practice is extending a wish for all beings to be well, be free from suffering, be happy, grow and progress etc. And then I had this very strong thought "I just can't continue to eat meat".

Now this sucks because I love meat, am not ready to not eat it, and don't want to not eat it. And I have little enough energy as it is without depriving myself of whatever the hell is good for you in meat (it's like a Highlander thing right? I consume their power or something?).

June is Buddhist action month, so I'm gonna give it a whirl. What's the worst that could happen?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                    Having carried the hepatitis c virus for 35 years after receiving a contaminated blood product , after 12 weeks of treatment and 2 weeks of post treatment observation my mother tested negative for the virus yesterday.

Testing negative does not 100 % mean that she is free of the virus. Pre treatment she had 1.2 million virus equivalents per ml of blood . Testing negative means she now has less than 10 VE per ml which is the lowest traceable amount . If she stays "negative " for another 5 months there is only a 1 in 300 chance of re-infection. While there is still a greater risk than normal of liver cancer , it is 20 times less likely than pre treatment. Her liver function results show signs of regeneration .

A great day for our family only slightly tempered by the fact that had she not been put forward by the team at St James's for a compassionate use program funded by the drug company , she would most likely not have received this treatment for 2 years. At that stage her liver cirrhosis would probably have been at a point that regeneration was unlikely and cancer if not already present would be highly likely.

Obviously the hep c medical team look only at the patient and the severity of the disease when they present with no consideration as to how they have become infected . The budget allocated to cover the cost of treatment is such that only a small portion of those infected in Ireland will be treated each year . They are selected solely on a basis of medical need i.e. Those in the worst condition are treated first regardless of medical / social history.

At the conference in February , it was certainly the elephant in the room and while not said publicly , I overheard several conversations during the breaks as to why people who had been infected by the state were not being given preference to for example intravenous drug users.

Some might say that the socio- economic environment that most I.V. Drug users come from could also be traced back to government neglect . Some might say that preference should be given to younger infected patients rather than a 75 year old woman like my mother . My opinion is obviously very biased but would be interested to hear what others think.

As I said a truly wonderful day for our family , hopefully to be experienced by many more in the near future.
                                                                                                                    Great news for your family. In relation to your question about priority, it's my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong that those infected by the Anti-D product were compensated by the Tribunal? In which case from an objective standpoint that there is no reason not to treat on the basis of need, as all medical treatment should be. That's not to say that money could compensate for what your mother had to go through, but if you were always to look at cause rather than condition when assessing a patient the system wouldn't work.
                                                                                                                    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Well I was in the Buddhist centre tonight meditating, doing a loving kindness meditation, and the last stage of that practice is extending a wish for all beings to be well, be free from suffering, be happy, grow and progress etc. And then I had this very strong thought "I just can't continue to eat meat".

Now this sucks because I love meat, am not ready to not eat it, and don't want to not eat it. And I have little enough energy as it is without depriving myself of whatever the hell is good for you in meat (it's like a Highlander thing right? I consume their power or something?).

June is Buddhist action month, so I'm gonna give it a whirl. What's the worst that could happen?
                                                                                                                      hotspur in 6 months.

This too shall pass.

Comment

12 yr old daughter made video today of her toy dog in our village. Like to get her a few views please. I couldnt make it lol

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                          12 yr old daughter made video today of her toy dog in our village. Like to get her a few views please. I couldnt make it lol
                                                                                                                          Let it play through for a view but go on and get her a real dog!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X