Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Best chipper in Dublin?
        is not in Dublin

SPOILER

Comment

found a 20 in tesco
          thumbs up
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
            found a 20 in tesco
            thumbs up
            Yeah but how much did you lose?

Comment

Best chipper in Dublin?
              Your local.

Some ammout of bias in answers to that particar question. Have been brought to two chippers in differing parts of the country, both talked up, one for years, legeendary, best eva: 'Donkey's' in Limerick

Both below par. 'It's usually better' is the rallying cry then.

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                I was hoping you'd chime in! I understand that removing the 8th amendment doesn't legalise abortion, but I assumed that legislation becomes easier to write with it gone (as I said in my second post there).
                Well you can legalise it once Art 40.3.3 is gone but whether or not its constitutional afterwards is a little more difficult. You have a right to life. To whom that right extends and to what extent the Courts should protect the unborn under any future Constitutional regime would be unclear. There's an argument for leaving it up to the Courts in the sense that an explicit removal of the previous article would clearly indicate the will of the people but it's really not certain at all.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Can you not prepare legislation even have it ready to be signed by the president pending a constitutional change that it would need to be compliant.

Wouldn't that have been the way it worked for some amendments previously like EU treaties

M'Learned colleague will explain how it works
                You can't write the legislation until after the amendment is passed. The Oireachtas must at all times operate constitutionally. That's why they didn't start writing the Marriage Bill until after the referendum passed.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Best chipper in Dublin?
                  I am biased but Beshoff Bros on Dame St.
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                    Spent the weekend on Achill Island. Short photo trip report:

SPOILER
                    Great Pics
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Your local.

Some ammout of bias in answers to that particar question. Have been brought to two chippers in differing parts of the country, both talked up, one for years, legeendary, best eva: 'Donkey's' in Limerick

I hope the other one wasn't mine

Comment

Your local.

Donkeys has gone downhill a lot. Fuscos is probably the best chipper in Limerick now imo.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                          I hope the other one wasn't mine
                          It wasn't. Must visit soon, voucher burning a hole in my wallet. Restaurant review impending.

Comment

Might just present myself as a potato room inspector and show myself around

Comment

Might just present myself as a potato room inspector and show myself around
                              No potato room in Dame St. If you want a guided tour let me know. You might see actual potatoes turning into chips

Comment

No potato room in Dame St. If you want a guided tour let me know. You might see actual potatoes turning into chips
                                Went into the Dame St. one recently. Jesus Beschoff Bros really is the best in town.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                  He popped up in a documentary I watched awhile back (Citizen Koch) and he seemed like a right cunt, nearly got recalled so I'm sure that will come back to haunt him.

Take the numbers at the end of a tweet (602162114103484416) and embed them in and it will shown up.
                                  Citizen Koch is pure propaganda.
                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-05-15, 19:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                    Went into the Dame St. one recently. Jesus Beschoff Bros really is the best in town.
                                    Will be heading there Friday on my first jaunt of the summer to the big shmoke. I think GAB gave it a big thumbs up too so looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                      DBN selection for FF due very soon and she was by no means guarenteed a candidacy. The Haughey brand rehabilitation continues and still has enough influence to crowbar Sean into a chance ahead of Power.

reckon she'll line up an independent run by herself but it would be a hell of a battle.
                                      she has no chance.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      how about Portugal? Always thought that would be somewhere nice to retire to.
                                      Slightly envious of my friends place here in Houston

SPOILER

Rents a fully serviced place with all amenities for about the same as my place in Dublin

Obv couldn't stick living with Americans long-term though

Comment

Was that our own Merkum Wallop I just saw on Ear to the ground or someone who looks exactly like him
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Will be heading there Friday on my first jaunt of the summer to the big shmoke. I think GAB gave it a big thumbs up too so looking forward to trying it out.
                                            One of the purest joys in life is a Beschoff's in Howth on a sunny evening walking along the pier.

Bliss

Comment

Whoever posted a Manu Chao video up here recently, I see he is playing a gig at the Kilmainham Hospital on June 27th.

I love his stuff now..Can't remember who suggested him!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Manu-Chao.../artist/796385

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                Whoever posted a Manu Chao video up here recently, I see he is playing a gig at the Kilmainham Hospital on June 27th.

I'll be there. First two albums are great. Sunshine music hopefully the day is good
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Ah Jasus, now id love a bag of chips.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                    Ah Jasus, now id love a bag of chips.
                                                    A little bag o chips a little bag o chips,
                                                    throw them in the air
                                                    and catch them in your lips

Comment

best chips are homemade in dirty batch bread with dirty brown sauce and vinnegar, plus you are drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

Summer time music.

Would also love chips.

Comment

I'd put in a shout for Dooleys of Tramore as one of the best Fish and Chippers. The seaside does improve the taste.

TBH Beshoffs is genuinely miles ahead of anything else I've eaten in Dublin.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Elbows, are you anything to the Beshoff Motors?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              Elbows, are you anything to the Beshoff Motors?
                                                              He is the Nephew of the lads I work for

Comment

I am biased but Beshoff Bros on Dame St.
                                                                I'm not a fan of fish as the late night snack, what if anything do you do in the important fried chicken/snackbox sphere?

Comment

Their chicken goujons are big and tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    Their chicken goujons are big and tasty.
                                                                    Also a decent chicken burger

Comment

Elbows Beshoff. What a cool name for a gangster.

Comment

He is the Nephew of the lads I work for
                                                                        Some nice stock he has!

Comment

The problem i have with Beshoffs is they dont do most of the sundries chippers do. They just want to sell the big money fish and chips!. Everything seems tied in as a combo.
                                                                          Also last time i was in the Howth one i didnt like the fancy tray they came in. Needs to be in a bag. The Howth one is a bit of a rip like Jack Charltons ones back then. The fish was fresh though.
                                                                          I havent been in the Dublin ones recently though.

Comment

Jack Charlton had fish and chippers?

Comment

Jack Charlton had fish and chippers?
                                                                              Ah yeah he scooped up on that chain and sold out im good time from memory. You were only a chizzler. Forget what it was called but wasnt his name.

Comment

Jam Fly PM some deetz for this 20e burning a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                  Ah yeah he scooped up on that chain and sold out im good time from memory. You were only a chizzler. Forget what it was called but wasnt his name.

Nearly sure it was `Harry Ramsdens`

Comment

Yeah thats the one. It got elite status for some reason and that was that. Nobody ever questioned it.

Comment

There was a Ramsdens (jackys chippe)on the Long Mile Road,/Nass Road ORDER ON. Was doomed from the offset due to it's location. Was just before the tiger though when the world and their little sister bought a car. Bad timing . Thought Jackie took a hit

Comment

The problem i have with Beshoffs is they dont do most of the sundries chippers do. They just want to sell the big money fish and chips!. Everything seems tied in as a combo.
                                                                                        Also last time i was in the Howth one i didnt like the fancy tray they came in. Needs to be in a bag. The Howth one is a bit of a rip like Jack Charltons ones back then. The fish was fresh though.
                                                                                        I havent been in the Dublin ones recently though.
                                                                                        All our meals are under a tenner bar the family meal. Need to serve in boxes for portion control and wrapping a fish and chip if done wrong makes it all mushy. We do pretty much everything except burgers.
                                                                                        Last edited by elbows; 25-05-15, 22:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                          Hey,
                                                                                          I have a projector set up in my house.
                                                                                          Bought the projector from Richersounds, seems like the one I got was most recommended on boards etc, but a little bit more expensive than the one you are looking at.
                                                                                          The biggest brands, best prices and expert advice in sound and vision
                                                                                          It seems globally that that one is a flip with the Optoma HD141x for the entry full HD projector market alright.

I had to Google the word joist.

Comment

All our meals are under a tenner bar the family meal. Need to serve in boxes for portion control and wrapping a fish and chip if done wrong makes it all mushy. We do pretty much everything except burgers.
                                                                                            Sorry meant to say box. I sent a runner in there for spice burger or sausage in batter and chips but he came back saying they werent on the menu and the fish and chips were the only real option. It was nice hit the spot without being too filling.
                                                                                            Im keen to try the chips in rapeseed oil, the less fat ones.

Comment

Sorry meant to say box. I sent a runner in there for spice burger or sausage in batter and chips but he came back saying they werent on the menu and the fish and chips were the only real option. It was nice hit the spot without being too filling.
                                                                                              Im keen to try the chips in rapeseed oil, the less fat ones.
                                                                                              We do have sausage in batter. No spice burgers though. We will have new season potatoes in around 2 to 3 weeks which will be off the charts good.

Comment

do ye do a whirly burggger
                                                                                                battered mars bar

Comment

This was a nice review and you can see pics of the food

Comment

do ye do a whirly burggger
                                                                                                    battered mars bar
                                                                                                    Kids come into Clontarf asking us to batter a mars bar but we never do it.

Think I might try it tomorrow and report back

Comment

Just back from seeing Swans at the Button Factory in Dublin.

No wave/post-rock going back to 1981, the singer is now 60-years-old and the six piece band hosts a topless percussionist called Thor who did a trombone & dulcimer routine the likes of which i've rarely seen.

Brothers of Sonic Youth, sons of Black Sabbath & Neil Young, Godfathers to bands such as Godspeed You! Black Emperor & Nirvana.

Pure awesome. Here's a short doc for anyone interested.

On stage, backstage, and at home with Michael Gira and Swans.Directed by Jim Larson: http://bit.ly/Qt4KgbExecutive Producer RJ Bentler------SUBSCRIBE to Pitc...

Comment

VEEP gets better every season, this current one blows everything else out of the water with the writing and acting, top top notch, so funny and clever.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                          Just back from seeing Swans at the Button Factory in Dublin.

No wave/post-rock going back to 1981, the singer is now 60-years-old and the six piece band hosts a topless percussionist called Thor who did a trombone & dulcimer routine the likes of which i've rarely seen.

Brothers of Sonic Youth, sons of Black Sabbath & Neil Young, Godfathers to bands such as Godspeed You! Black Emperor & Nirvana.

Pure awesome. Here's a short doc for anyone interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sdOvQjtUrg#t=1353
                                                                                                          Have started listening to swans again recently, just not in time to buy tickets for the gig over here

Will be going to one of the mogwai 20th anniversary show and the connected godspeed show the week after in the roundhouse

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            Have started listening to swans again recently, just not in time to buy tickets for the gig over here

Will be going to one of the mogwai 20th anniversary show and the connected godspeed show the week after in the roundhouse
                                                                                                            Oh... nice! Jealous.

Also go see Tortoise if you can.

Comment

sup m8s

Comment

Some lump of a house... in Camp

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                  Bisping vs Leites headlining the Glasgow card.

Pearson vs Dunham added also. Redmond and Duffy the two Irish flying the flag.

Shaping up to be a good little event.
                                                                                                                  I've a feeling Houlihan might be added too

Comment

bit quiet tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                      There was a Ramsdens (jackys chippe)on the Long Mile Road,/Nass Road ORDER ON. Was doomed from the offset due to it's location. Was just before the tiger though when the world and their little sister bought a car. Bad timing . Thought Jackie took a hit
                                                                                                                      He dragged the whole squad there the day before a qualifier vs Austria (iirc). Half the team took the "Ramsdens challenge" -ie eat some big fuck off load of fish n chips and you get it free or something. I think only Gary Kelly managed it. We lost at Landsdowne the next day anyhow.

Still one in the Square which i pop into the odd time as its never busy at lunchtime.

Comment

Did mini-Lazare make BBC World news?

45seconds into first clip

Comment

Averil Power with an announcement in the next few minutes apparently. Would be class if she decided to make a move on the leadership and try to forge a progressive party from the ashes of Fianna Fail, but more likely she's just quitting because of their craven approach to the marriage referendum.
                                                                                                                          Some slanging match between herself and the rest of FF since this announcement. Herself and Mickey M clearly not best of buds.

Your hypothesis about the marriage referemdum is clearly wromg; it's all to do with good old-fashioned constituency carve-ups.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X