This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
    A buddy of mine who works as a sales assistant in a sports shop is heading to Vegas for the fight is now completely distraught. He took out a 3k loan to go to the fight, bought an €800 Louis Copeland suit and moved home from is rented gaff to cover the repayments. Madness.
    The 800e suit is the funniest haha
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
      I don't get it? Why buy a Louis Copeland suit to watch a UFC event?
      The same reason half of the gobshites in town were walking around with manbuns or whatever they are called
      airport, lol

Comment

Anyone selling an Ipad? Have a friend looking to buy one, I got one for him before off the Apple refurb store. Its for an autistic child , something to do with Apps for autism, he got great use from the last one seemingly and its time to upgrade. They seem pricey enough over there and he doesnt want to go through Adverts as he is afraid something might go wrong with one.

I know a few here are into Apple and Gadgets and just on the off chance that someone might be looking to sell one.

Or would this be a good buy?

Last edited by SatNav; 24-06-15, 08:23.
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
          Anyone selling an Ipad? Have a friend looking to buy one, I got one for him before off the Apple refurb store. Its for an autistic child , something to do with Apps for autism, he got great use from the last one seemingly and its time to upgrade. They seem pricey enough over there and he doesnt want to go through Adverts as he is afraid something might go wrong with one.

I know a few here are into Apple and Gadgets and just on the off chance that someone might be looking to sell one.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FF...6gb-space-grey
          I have one here but don't know what version it is or how much it's worth? any way to check?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            I have one here but don't know what version it is or how much it's worth? any way to check?
            I'm useless now with Apple, haven't a clue either. Woukd have to be fairly up to date is all I know. How long do u have it?
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

I have a hardwood deck that I'm looking to partially cover temporarily (three or four years) with fake grass.

Normally it's stapled down onto pine decking, which works as pine is a softwood, but a staple won't penetrate a hardwood deck. I would stick it if I'm confident the adhesive would be easily removed when I pull the grass up, I don't want to destroy the deck.

Any other solutions?
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                8 Eps into the Killing. Can I stop now or should I ride it out? I think I have been too patient and gave it far more eps then I should have.
                I must admit to quite liking the American version. Although, I watched all the Scandi seasons first, and then didn't watch the American version until this year (so I left it plenty of time to settle). The Scandi one is far superior, although the constant changes in direction in both ultimately get a bit tiresome.

That's probably irrelevant though- if you're 8 episodes into either one and it's not happening for you, then it probably won't.

Comment

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FF...6gb-space-grey
                  I have one. Won it in work a couple of weeks. Still in original sealed plastic and unopened.
                  Make me an offer if you like.

iPad Mini 3 Retina Display Gold 16gb. Latest version

They're €409 everywhere.

Shop the latest iPad models and accessories, and find flexible monthly payment options that work for you. Get expert help today.

Ipad3.jpg Ipad2.jpg Ipad1.jpg

Comment

I'm useless now with Apple, haven't a clue either. Woukd have to be fairly up to date is all I know. How long do u have it?
                    Ah it is quite a few years old, probably not what he is looking for.

Comment

Doyle Brunson has either lost the plot or been hacked on twitter going by his latest tweets.

@TexDolly for anyone looking to have a gander.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                        Doyle Brunson has either lost the plot or been hacked on twitter going by his latest tweets.

@TexDolly for anyone looking to have a gander.
                        Obv hacked

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                          Obv hacked
                          Wish same could be said of the Greek PM

Originally posted by Tsipras
                          This strange stance may hide two possibilities. Either they don’t want an agreement or they are serving specific interests in Greece.
                          Originally posted by Tsipras'
                          IMF "technical staff" (Thomsen) rejection of Greek equivalent measures: They either do not want a deal or serve specific interests
                          Originally posted by Tsipras'
                          Non-acceptance of equivalent measures never been done before. Not in Ireland or Portugal
                          He never made it to Econ101.
                          Last edited by Emmet; 24-06-15, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            I have a hardwood deck that I'm looking to partially cover temporarily (three or four years) with fake grass.

Normally it's stapled down onto pine decking, which works as pine is a softwood, but a staple won't penetrate a hardwood deck. I would stick it if I'm confident the adhesive would be easily removed when I pull the grass up, I don't want to destroy the deck.

Any other solutions?
                            Changed my mind, don't think I'm gonna put down fake grass afterall.

Made the mistake about five years ago of staining it, madness given it has a beautiful rich natural colour, means I have about three days of work ahead of me powerhosing it back to raw timber, gonna oil it then.

Might stick up a before and after.

Comment

Got my guitar back yesterday, I'm a happy chappy it sounds sweet
                              Attached Files

Comment

That's beautiful Loopz. Well done.

Comment

Off to Rock Werchter 2015 for four days as of tomorrow morning, then onwards to Budapest for four days on Monday. Fingers are crossed for warm, but not too sunny or hot, weather

Anyone have any recommendations for Budapest? Have never been, know we're going to the baths at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                    Off to Rock Werchter 2015 for four days as of tomorrow morning, then onwards to Budapest for four days on Monday. Fingers are crossed for warm, but not too sunny or hot, weather

Anyone have any recommendations for Budapest? Have never been, know we're going to the baths at some point.
                                    Go to the baths 100%. Iirc the Gellert ones were indoors. I much preferred the Szechenyi ones which were outdoors. Both beautiful ornate buildings but being in the thermal baths outdoors was much more enjoyable I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Budapest is class.
                                      Go here for Grub.
                                      Do the Danube cruise at night.
                                      I went to the Baths at the Gellert Hotel as I was staying there they were really nice but I think there may be better ones around.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                        Go to the baths 100%. Iirc the Gellert ones were indoors. I much preferred the Szechenyi ones which were outdoors. Both beautiful ornate buildings but being in the thermal baths outdoors was much more enjoyable I thought.
                                        The Gellert have some outdoor pools too.

Comment

Impasse

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Impasse
                                            Sure even if they agree a programme it's 100/1 to be actually implemented.

The Eurogroup must be dying to say "just fuck off, we don't care about the debt, fuck off and never come back".
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Sure even if they agree a programme it's 100/1 to be actually implemented.

The Eurogroup must be dying to say "just fuck off, we don't care about the debt, fuck off and never come back".
                                              There's almost 0 chance they get it through via the Syriza government, however there's enough pragmatists in opposition (who are actually also in Brussels for the negotiations) that could carry it imo.

The commies have wrecked everyone's heads, wrecked their own economy, and stirred up outrageous levels of shit in their own country. Stark enough lesson!

Comment

There's almost 0 chance they get it through via the Syriza government, however there's enough pragmatists in opposition (who are actually also in Brussels for the negotiations) that could carry it imo.

The commies have wrecked everyone's heads, wrecked their own economy, and stirred up outrageous levels of shit in their own country. Stark enough lesson!
                                                Ah, no way Tsipiras would agree a program (even though he's clearly negotiating in bad faith) that he couldn't get through his own parliament. Anything to keep the free money show on the road for a little longer. As you say, the issue of who actually votes it through is irrelevant.

Comment

Basically Greece has a malfunctioning civil society, a corrupt and inefficient public adminstration, fuck all resources, no exports worth talking about, a military machine totally out of proportion to any threats, real or imagined, plus a world-class sense of entitlement to other people's money. And yet they seem to imagine they have bargaining power.

Lagarde should use the above as her opening statement today.

Comment

He only has a 12 seat majority, and he's not really got a party, it's a mixmatch collection of different views. Extremely easy to imagine them not able to get any deal whatsoever through his own parliament! Even a "free cash for life" kind of deal would struggle. This isn't a 'party' in any sense of the word.

The IMF also wants early retirement rules to be tightened up faster, and and end to lower VAT rates in Greek islands (a red line for Tsipras’s coalition partners, ANEL).
                                                    The small right-wing Independent Greeks party (ANEL) has added to mounting concerns (some are beginning to call it realisation) that the cash-for-reform deal in its current form will not get through parliament with MPS insisting that “red lines” are more important than inflicting needless pain on Greeks.
                                                    but Tsipras faces revolt from within his party, the far-Leftist Syriza, and he must get the proposal through the Greek parliament. The proposed reforms cross a number of the "red lines" that have led to a five-month impasse in negotiations. Syriza MP Yannis Michelogiannakis called the proposals a "tombstone" around the country's neck. "How can you cut a deal that will increase suicides and make people poorer?" he told Greek television yesterday
                                                    EDIT - Good article here
                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 24-06-15, 14:04.

Comment

Creditors requirements leaked

Comment

My brother and his son immortalized on Google Maps.

Last edited by gorrrr72; 24-06-15, 13:09.

Comment

Gotta love 'tighten the definition of farmer'. Me suspects theres many a tale behind that sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Gotta love 'tighten the definition of farmer'. Me suspects theres many a tale behind that sentence.
                                                            You should Michael Lewis's Vanity Fair article on Greece. Very long but also induces and

As Greece’s debt threatens the rest of Europe and Wall Street, Michael Lewis wonders if the Greeks have wrecked their own ancient civilization.

Comment

One can only suspect that anyone who owns even the slightest little bit of muck is entitled to a grant as well as bio-diesel usage...

At a minimum.

Comment

Should just close up shop; why would any net contributor to the state stay?

Comment

Ordering from Bjorn Borg site was very weird, I tried in English and I could select most countries...but not netherlands...you have to change the site to dutch to do that (which empties your basket), and then you can only ship to that one country. I asked support about it and they just said that is how it works, didn't seem to think it odd at all.

Comment

Ugh the 'talented youths' are here; pirate hats, onesies, and social awkwardness fully in tow.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                      Yeah season three is completely inaccessible to casual viewers. The imagery and dream sequences are a bit OTT. Don't get me wrong I do like it but its quite heavy to digest at times. Hopefully they pull it together for the rest of the season.

Also DP did you hear anything on Constantine, whether its going to be renewed and possibly moved to the Sci-Fi network?
                                                                      Constantine is dead
                                                                      NBC are such a shower of shits
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        Ugh the 'talented youths' are here; pirate hats, onesies, and social awkwardness fully in tow.
                                                                        Business as usual so for the science block?
                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-06-15, 15:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                          Business as usual so for the science block?
                                                                          They also bring a certain 'hope' that's not welcome around these parts.

Comment

Someone on the radio had a story about the blind persons allowance a few days ago, they did a few spot checks...

Yeah...they were not blind, taxi drivers, butchers etc.

Then again, i claimed the £48 TFA for years for union subs that i never paid, if i could apply for unchecked allowances i sure as hell would too.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

will be in Denmark the end of August and looking to rent a car. Any major differences between the main companies? Only 23 too if that makes a difference.
                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Fuckity fuck.
                                                                                Wynn has somehow charged 800 from 300 of charges to my card and Cut at the palazzo has processed my payment twice for dinner.
                                                                                Wtf.
                                                                                They are two pending transactions for the 800odd and the 2nd dinner (which appears to be the dinner minus the tip)
                                                                                whats my action here?
                                                                                debit card as well
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Fuckity fuck.
                                                                                  Wynn has somehow charged 800 from 300 of charges to my card and Cut at the palazzo has processed my payment twice for dinner.
                                                                                  Wtf.
                                                                                  They are two pending transactions for the 800odd and the 2nd dinner (which appears to be the dinner minus the tip)
                                                                                  whats my action here?
                                                                                  debit card as well

Maybe I'm think but I can't understand this? Are you saying they charged 1600 in Wynn and another double charge in the palazzo

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                    My nephew is doing that, and I can certainly confirm he fits the bill for the last part of your description anyhow. Probably not wearing a pirate hat or a onesie, but who knows.

Comment

It's like the Garth Brooks saga part 2 down here this evening after that Killarney festival bollocks was cancelled. Not one bit surprised. Farcical stuff.

Comment

Twitter and IPB blocked in work. Productivity went up 40%. Maybe it was a good idea.
                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Eng U21s a serious let down

Comment

This will be without doubt a Jerry Maguire moment, and is, I am sure, self-idulgent-obsessed tripe. That said is the first letter I have written in a long time so.........

I want,wish and NEED to keep hold of this realisation, the euphoric, penny dropping moment that my life truely is still within my own control. Today, I had classes-wonderful, positive, arrifrming blocks of 40 minutes where I felt like-WOW-this is not a lie. This is work which has a value; something that is not just a cloth we put over our eyes to stop ourselves thinking about banality-money, work, popularity, perception.

Again a Eurika moment - have I worried too much about being 'popular' kids enjoy discipline. It is a safe place. Has it really taken me ten years of teaching on and off to learn that.

I spent the day, active, engaged and lucid. Positive. Is this what a manic disorder feels like; because I certainly have not felt like that in a long time. Even now, I feel like a cheat writing it incase, just incase I may have some jepordised my high. Is it fading? Then No, that squeak, that eeeek of happiness literally screams to my throat.

There is no one around. I want people to see me like this-women-everyone. Confident-capable-without fear-worthy? Then BOOM-why do I care? Why do I need people to see it? Is vanity truely the most corrosive sin of them all. Where all lies grow from; a feeling of this not being enough-of not being able or allow yourself to enjoy happiness.

I no longer know what this is. It began as a simple need to save these thoughts, this feeling. Every single negative word I think shames the purity of this feeling.

I guess now, it has morphed into a letter to you, Dad. I want to keep hold of this, recreate it, honour it. Today I swam, cold cleansing water, a lake in Arosa, surrounded by the Swiss snow, mountains and sunshine. I walked. I read. Two stories. One about a man speaking of the value of Karate, of the beginners mind. The other, a man who simply wants and then chooses to be a better person.

Is it that easy?

I walked. I enjoyed an inexpesive meal afforded to me by the safety, the security of some money in the bank. Again, how have I missed this point. Safety. As in the classroom. As in life.

If todays combination of events have somehow created a chemical balance of contentment I must strive to recreate it. Every single day. I KNOW it will fade, so truely I must give myself a chance to feel like this again.

Perhaps, I doubt it, but just maybe, I have put down on paper something of worth. I do not know what it spells. DEPRESSION. HOPE.

Cliffs Had a good day.
                                                                                            Last edited by Closed_Account; 24-06-15, 20:03.

Comment

What an outstanding piece of writing.

Comment

Oh Captain my captain.

Comment

Roulettenburg is burning.
                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                    Cliffs Had a good day.
                                                                                                    Enjoy it while it lasts. The downswing is gonna be brutal.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                      Two stories. One about a man speaking of the value of Karate, of the beginners mind. The other, a man who simply wants and then chooses to be a better person.
                                                                                                      What was that ?
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        What was that ?
                                                                                                        The Diceman

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          Should just close up shop; why would any net contributor to the state stay?
                                                                                                          Because it's home? Some people have an emotional attachment and / or preference for where they live / where they are from. I always feel the emotionless 'I am a mobile unit of labour' attitude to be strangely odd and disconnected.

And ftr, Greece should default and be made face down the short to medium term consequences of same. It could be the best thing that ever happened their shambolic society.
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Sam, well done.
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What's 'the right' amount of time for a couple to spend in Prague?
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                150 yoyos for an hour.

Comment

CC, hotspur - reckon you were 80% right on Gigli. The lead (dynamotologist guy) gave some performance though.

Gap in the market here for a good dynamotologist imo although jbravado sounds like he might be seeing one.

Comment

Fuckity fuck.
                                                                                                                    Wtf.
                                                                                                                    whats my action here?
                                                                                                                    debit card as well

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                    Maybe I'm think but I can't understand this? Are you saying they charged 1600 in Wynn and another double charge in the palazzo

We accrued 300/worth of charges in the Wynn. Room service and WiFi (which I thought was waived). Over €800 was charged by them. Cut seemed to have charged both my dinner check and my dinner cheque plus tip. So an extra €270/or so
                                                                                                                    I have spoken to both parties and they are reversing all charges. Which in essense means I got a 300 Brucie bonus. The lack of chip and pin in the us is the cause of this.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-06-15, 22:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                      Weekend would cover it.
                                                                                                                      Midweek would probably be better if its you and the young wan. Less stag parties

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        CC, hotspur - reckon you were 80% right on Gigli. The lead (dynamotologist guy) gave some performance though.

Gap in the market here for a good dynamotologist imo although jbravado sounds like he might be seeing one.
                                                                                                                        I just felt the other character, the developer, was shouting at me. Not literally paining my ears, but hurting nonetheless. If I could have turned down the volume I might have watched the rest of it.
                                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

We accrued 300/worth of charges in the Wynn. Room service and WiFi (which I thought was waived)..

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X