This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
    As Sly Stallone would say. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. Will let you save face @21/5.
    Go ahead punk

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
          What's 4t?
          Spaghetti bolognese m8, give it a solid 7.8/10 (or 6.24/8 in its simplified form)
          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            whatever happened to the SatNavster?
            she got her eyebrows done at around 16:56 yesterday
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

SatNav would like to be referred to as Shelly from now on.

She would like her name changed to it on here too.

ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                Spaghetti bolognese m8, give it a solid 7.8/10 (or 6.24/8 in its simplified form)
                Lovely maths tekkers m8

Comment

As Sly Stallone would say. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. Will let you save face @21/5.
                  Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                  Go ahead punk
                  You having € 50 Shano

Comment

Lovely maths tekkers m8
                    cheers m8
                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                      Go ahead punk
                      Since realized Steven Seagal said that not Stallone. feel a proper fool now. will take 50 at that if you want though.

Comment

Since realized Steven Seagal said that not Stallone. feel a proper fool now. will take 50 at that if you want though.
                        Booked , I wasn't sure thought it might have been John Wayne.

Comment

The Darts is delivering

Comment

Comment

did you DL girlhood hotspur? Struggling to locate english subtitles atm!

Comment

I love the darts but I am always amazed the someone could have such sharp mental maths yet be close to illiterate; 10,000 hours and all that.

It is the speed the game which endears it to the casual fan. Chizzy hits a ridic 161 but it is all in vain 90 seconds later because he bottled it. love it.

Comment

The current LAB FG coalition has indisputably been the most effective and successful government that this failed state has ever produced.

Anyone putting money on them to be returned is in need of having their head examined, by a head examiner

But I do find this tone of confidence very encouraging, I'm too old to be emigrating in the case of a coalition of Shinner fascists and fianna fail fools taking over the asylum.
                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 14-05-15, 20:40.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Would darts people feel envious of archers in the same way as table tennis vs tennis?
                                    No. Pretty sure it would be the other way round.

Darts makes millionaires and is class to watch.

Archery is a filler sport for the Olympics that ruins lives. Imagine training as an archer for years and getting a silver medal. You don't get on the Graham Norton show or Strictly Come Dancing. You are quickly forgotten about whilst you sit at home on your bed staring at a silver medal that you gave your youth up for.

Archery ruins lives. Darts makes life better.

Comment

I love the darts but I am always amazed the someone could have such sharp mental maths yet be close to illiterate; 10,000 hours and all that.

It is the speed the game which endears it to the casual fan. Chizzy hits a ridic 161 but it is all in vain 90 seconds later because he bottled it. love it.
                                      Don't have to be good at maths at all. You learn the combos you like and it becomes habit.

Lots of them have to stop and ask the caller what is left when they throw a stray dart.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Comment

£5,000 for a shot!

super rich prog on C4. Jaw dropping

Comment

I heard a rumour that you are in your 20's, which blew my mind. Confirm/deny?
                                            Sadly not true, I'm in the 'older than andyFB, younger than SP' grouping.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                I think it had a " I paid cash money, foldable money" vibe to his post.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Don't have to be good at maths at all. You learn the combos you like and it becomes habit.

Lots of them have to stop and ask the caller what is left when they throw a stray dart.
                                                  it's still kinda maths, albeit maths by rote. Reminds me of a maths teacher friend of mine that had a transition year maths class this year. The summer test was to memorize pi. Think it was 1.5% for every digit, and for every digit after the 100th, he'd give the student 10c per digit. Some fucker got pi to 323 places and left €22.30 richer.
                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

No. Pretty sure it would be the other way round.

Darts makes millionaires and is class to watch.

Archery is a filler sport for the Olympics that ruins lives. Imagine training as an archer for years and getting a silver medal. You don't get on the Graham Norton show or Strictly Come Dancing. You are quickly forgotten about whilst you sit at home on your bed staring at a silver medal that you gave your youth up for.

Why haven't the Asians started dominating darts? You'd think it'd be a sport they'd excel at.
                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

I went to see it in The Lighthouse.

This should help people here quit smoking

You can give me money, if you dont smoke for the rest of your life I'll give it back.
                                                        Have had many quit smoking bets with people. Have one on atm, he has to not smoke a single fag for a year.

Comment

Comment

Why haven't the Asians started dominating darts? You'd think it'd be a sport they'd excel at.
                                                            The only 9 dart finish at a world championship event was achieved by American Paul Lim on January 9, 1990.Brought to you by pdcplanet.com

Comment

Asians and Yanks play soft tip.

Longer oche, electronic board, bigger bull with the 25 and bull scoring 50 so they aim for that for years so only the top players are able to adjust to steel tip. They play 751 where you can finish on trebles and fat numbers and another game that's nothing like is played here.

Asian countries have world cup and world championships spots. As soon as the money becomes bigger for steel tip over there then they will rise to the top.

It's too expensive to play the tour based in Dublin, never mind coming from Asia.

Comment

Asians and Yanks play soft tip.
                                                                Was just going to ask you that, so checked up on Lim, turns out he is six times soft darts world champion

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                  Was just going to ask you that, so checked up on Lim, turns out he is six times soft darts world champion
                                                                  Still the man to beat. Sells the machines. Usually qualifies for the PDC world's for a few grand and lives it up in USA. Legend. Can't see your vid but I'm guessing it's his 9 darter? Still hasn't been repeated at lakeside, was against an irishman!

Comment

It's too expensive to play the tour based in Dublin, never mind coming from Asia.
                                                                    I've heard a few say that but I'm dubious.
                                                                    The calendar is laid out 10 months in advance so you can get the cheapest Ryanair fllights, then get creative with accomodation. No reason why a Friday - Sunday evening trip for two players tour events should cost more than €120 flights/accom. Probably no more expensive a proposition than a Yorkshire playing heading down to Bristol for the two events.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      The calendar is laid out 10 months in advance so you can get the cheapest Ryanair fllights, then get creative with accomodation. No reason why a Friday - Sunday evening trip for two players tour events should cost more than €120 flights/accom. Probably no more expensive a proposition than a Yorkshire playing heading down to Bristol for the two events.
                                                                      don't think Ryanair do flights out of Asia m8
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        Have had many quit smoking bets with people. Have one on atm, he has to not smoke a single fag for a year.
                                                                        Smoke free since i awoke on Oct 13 2012. From a 30-40 a day average for the previous 20-25 years to absolute zero, not one fall back, not one hiccup, not one " oh i was drunk", and i have been drunk.

Ridic how psychological that addiction is, and maybe, how most are..even the opiate ones.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

don't think Ryanair do flights out of Asia m8
                                                                          Lets hope they start.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                            I think it had a " I paid cash money, foldable money" vibe to his post.
                                                                            Very perceptive actually. Because I have a Cineworld unlimited card I always go there and my films are free. Because Girlhood was only on in one place I went there and had a strange thought of "Jesus €7.50 is a lot for a cinema ticket" (it isn't, it was daytime rate). Never mind that I have often paid extra for Imax, special screenings, parked the car in car park, bought popcorn, drinks, sweets etc. I guess I had a bit of what those water protesters feel.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                              Very perceptive actually. Because I have a Cineworld unlimited card I always go there and my films are free. Because Girlhood was only on in one place I went there and had a strange thought of "Jesus €7.50 is a lot for a cinema ticket" (it isn't, it was daytime rate). Never mind that I have often paid extra for Imax, special screenings, parked the car in car park, bought popcorn, drinks, sweets etc. I guess I had a bit of what those water protesters feel.
                                                                              50 quid for me and the wife and the boy to see a film with popcorn and drinks...they wonder why its pirated.

I still go though, i have it at a roughly 5/1, watch DL ratio.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

played 6 a side tonight, tried a fancy scissor kick to impress and completely missed old age.. Goalie then clear/hoofs ball clear straight into my face as I struggled to my feet. Think he did it deliberately for my audacious cheek. It hurt a little but my face scored. I have a great record for scoring with my face .

Comment

Prize money is shit unless you go consistently deep. On order to make tv majors you have to get up he rankings and into them. Very hard with the field being top class these days. You don't get on tv then your sponsor stops.

You usually have to be in England on a Thursday for floor event weekends. That's the job fucked. You have to practice hours a day anyway so they quit the job.

All adds up.

When you make it and have your top 16 ranking you're sorted. Big prize money 6/7 times a year just for getting good on stage. Then there is exhibitions where you can get 1200 a night into your pocket. It's a crazy world.

There is at least 15 lads capable of making an asset on the top 32 in Ireland. This is why they haven't tried. Monies m8.

Comment

Typing on a phone is fucking monkey balls

Comment

Have the follow up tests generally shown everything to be grand? I guess you're in a better coronary situation than most of us maccyds for breakfast lads at this stage?
                                                                                        I had stopped the week before with the Champix , on the 13th, it just turns out the following week was all hell and stuff.

I have coronary artery disease, that cant be reversed. The bypass intervened before anything serious happened. They have me on tablets to control my cholesterol and stuff and i watch my diet and try to watch the booze, i fail more than win on that one.

I have annual stress tests and stuff, and im doing very well medically but have been told what has been done to me may last 5 years or 20 years.

I dont try to worry too much about it, been feeling not the may west the last few months with dizzy spells and weird headaches but that's just down to blood pressure meds hopefully.

Anyway...jasus, id love a 1/4 pounder with cheese !
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I had stopped the week before with the Champix , on the 13th, it just turns out the following week was all hell and stuff.

I have coronary artery disease, that cant be reversed. The bypass intervened before anything serious happened. They have me on tablets to control my cholesterol and stuff and i watch my diet and try to watch the booze, i fail more than win on that one.

I have annual stress tests and stuff, and im doing very well medically but have been told what has been done to me may last 5 years or 20 years.

I dont try to worry too much about it, been feeling not the may west the last few months with dizzy spells and weird headaches but that's just down to blood pressure meds hopefully.

bloke i know was recently diagonosed with ALS, he worked with another girl I worked with and she has it a few years. WTF is going on. Hope the fking money from the ice bucket challenge helps find a cure for this shit. Life is tough on people and most of us don't know how lucky we are. Well I for one don't doubt it for a second. Hope you last the plus side of 20 years old chap.

Comment

May I ask for a trip report on the champix, if you could?

I've read varying reports but the bad one's seem to be really bad, depression, anxiety etc.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                May I ask for a trip report on the champix, if you could?

I've read varying reports but the bad one's seem to be really bad, depression, anxiety etc.
                                                                                                They were perfect for me. I followed the plan, took the dose, 1/2 dose for 7 days, ramp up to a full dose ( cant remember exctly) all the while smoking then stop smoking while continuing the dose.

I heard the weird shit too, bad dreams, depression etc. I felt none of that, what it did do to me, beyond killing the will to smoke by the end was it also killed off any inkling i had to drink too, it works on brain receptors as far as i know,the feel good things you get from adding stimuli, it had no neg effects on me.

Now, 7 days later i was in hospital, feck all to do with stopping smoking, but i am sure if i was still puffing away it would have been harder to stay off them. Nothing like an auld quad bypass to keep you smoke free.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

They were perfect for me. I followed the plan, took the dose, 1/2 dose for 7 days, ramp up to a full dose ( cant remember exctly) all the while smoking then stop smoking while continuing the dose.

I heard the weird shit too, bad dreams, depression etc. I felt none of that, what it did do to me, beyond killing the will to smoke by the end was it also killed off any inkling i had to drink too, it works on brain receptors as far as i know,the feel good things you get from adding stimuli, it had no neg effects on me.

Now, 7 days later i was in hospital, feck all to do with stopping smoking, but i am sure if i was still puffing away it would have been harder to stay off them. Nothing like an auld quad bypass to keep you smoke free.
                                                                                                  Did you just simply not want to smoke with them, that easy/simple? I'd imagine the heart stuff would have been the ultimate deterrent tbf and genuinely best of luck with your health issues, you have come across as if you're handling it like a boss!

Any advice you could give regarding the champix or any other method would be hugely appreciated. I appear to be a really weak willed suite and have made half hearted efforts at almost every cessation method but I'm still smoking. It's all on me I know but I really need to find a way to kick it into touch. It's starting to upset my kids, especially my little one. Those ads come on and it's gone to the point of tears, I've got to simply sort it at this stage.

Comment

Smoke free since i awoke on Oct 13 2012. From a 30-40 a day average for the previous 20-25 years to absolute zero, not one fall back, not one hiccup, not one " oh i was drunk", and i have been drunk.

Ridic how psychological that addiction is, and maybe, how most are..even the opiate ones.
                                                                                                    You were lucky. I still get massive cravings out of nowhere and its two years since I had any nicotine. Addiction is real.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                      Did you just simply not want to smoke with them, that easy/simple? I'd imagine the heart stuff would have been the ultimate deterrent tbf and genuinely best of luck with your health issues, you have come across as if you're handling it like a boss!

Any advice you could give regarding the champix or any other method would be hugely appreciated. I appear to be a really weak willed suite and have made half hearted efforts at almost every cessation method but I'm still smoking. It's all on me I know but I really need to find a way to kick it into touch. It's starting to upset my kids, especially my little one. Those ads come on and it's gone to the point of tears, I've got to simply sort it at this stage.
                                                                                                      Aids, kits e-cigs whatever. At the end of the day, you know whats gona stop you picking up and lightig a smoke.

We all know the physical nicotine addiction last around 48 hours, like caffeine. dont let the tobacco companies tell you "...oh, its easier to give up heroin than smokes" bullshit.

After that its down to you, simple as that.

There are ways, CBT, ask Hotspur, its refocusing your mind from smoking to something else, there is hypnotherepy, i tried it before, failed on me but i know people that claim it has worked on.

Do you want to stop smoking forever, to never smoke again ?

Go to the GP and get 3 months of Champix, ignore what you have heard. It is a lot easier than people would have you believe.

Im here to help you along when you struggle, ill send you pic of my scars !
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                        You were lucky. I still get massive cravings out of nowhere and its two years since I had any nicotine. Addiction is real.
                                                                                                        The smell repulses me, walking down the road and if a smoker is in front of me i will cross the road, fuck all to do with luck.

Psychological yes, luck...maybe ?
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Time to go on a poker spin. Been a long time since I have done that.

Comment

We all know the physical nicotine addiction last around 48 hours, like caffeine. dont let the tobacco companies tell you "...oh, its easier to give up heroin than smokes" bullshit.
                                                                                                            I repeat: It has been two years since I last took nicotine and I still experience withdrawals. If you think that nicotine withdrawal lasts only 48 hours then I can assure you are utterly wrong and need to revise your understanding.

People who try to quit heroin do so at a much higher success rate than people who try to quit nicotine. That's a fact. You can take whatever conclusions you like from that, it's doesn't stop it being truth.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Sadly not true, I'm in the 'older than andyFB, younger than SP' grouping.

I figured. Pretty broad category there mate.
                                                                                                              Typing on a phone is fucking monkey balls
                                                                                                              u lrn 2 b brf
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I figured. Pretty broad category there mate.

u lrn 2 b brf
                                                                                                                U wot m8

Comment

Mental scenes in the Boca vs River Plate match in the South American equivalent to the champions league. Boca fans peppar sprayed a few River players just after half time, couple of them in a lot of distress afterwards. Looks like it might be abandoned.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    Mental scenes in the Boca vs River Plate match in the South American equivalent to the champions league. Boca fans peppar sprayed a few River players just after half time, couple of them in a lot of distress afterwards. Looks like it might be abandoned.
                                                                                                                    Was watching it on Setanta with sound off. Totally drifted off and never copped any of what went on.

Weird stadium.

Comment

Rented a convertible car for the weekend coming, totally a self-indulgence luxurious unnecessary spend, but am totally looking forward to it as it is somewhat of a childhood dream to cruise in one with the roof down.

Will be driving down highway 1 over two days and the bonus, have a beautiful woman accompanying me and the weather forecast seems fine (need my one time to stay that way!!)

Can't.fecking.wait
                                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                        Rented a convertible car for the weekend coming, totally a self-indulgence luxurious unnecessary spend, but am totally looking forward to it as it is somewhat of a childhood dream to cruise in one with the roof down.

Will be driving down highway 1 over two days and the bonus, have a beautiful woman accompanying me and the weather forecast seems fine (need my one time to stay that way!!)

Can't.fecking.wait
                                                                                                                        Enjoy, I've booked a mustang convertible for vegas myself. Sure why the fuck not.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Can't.fecking.wait
                                                                                                                          yktr.
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X