This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    Don't be ridiculous its nothing to do with me or others.

It's like being told there's a €20 tesco voucher in the newspaper and cue dozens of posts as to what to spend it on.
    So in which newspaper is this €20 Tesco voucher?
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Yeah the fund fees are obv on top, the usual Zurich/Life products. I'm just thinking for that percentage it's barely worth the half hour he spent talking to me.

He doesn't have any details on the site:

http://www.fingalfinancial.ie/
      He gets initial commission from the insurer as well. 0.25 is just an ongoing trail commission.

The prsa charge is still 1%pa plus whatever extra you're proposing to pay this guy.

I was talking total fees.

Btw I thought you were self employed? Surely an exec pension with the ability to shovel in higher pension contributions would make more sense? Unless you only wanted to make small contribution in your 20s...
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        He gets initial commission from the insurer as well. 0.25 is just an ongoing trail commission.

The prsa charge is still 1%pa plus whatever extra you're proposing to pay this guy.

I was talking total fees.

Btw I thought you were self employed? Surely an exec pension with the ability to shovel in higher pension contributions would make more sense? Unless you only wanted to make small contribution in your 20s...
        Technically I'm not. Really I'm holding out that I can convince the gf to move to Malta

Comment

Pro bono.

Cycle to work scheme
          250 oneforall voucher in lieu of some bonus
          EII scheme
          Pension

In that order.
          Film Relief too!

Comment

Film Relief too!
            Last year was the last chance of that.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Some lad got onto the bus this morning, and hadn't enough on his leap card for the fare. Bus driver wouldnt' let it slide and guy only had a tenner. I was running late so in order to get the bus going again I stood up, paid the guys fare so the driver could put the foot down and get me to work in time.

Turned around and some goon had sat down in my seat.

Needless to say I had the last laugh.
              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                Some lad got onto the bus this morning, and hadn't enough on his leap card for the fare. Bus driver wouldnt' let it slide and guy only had a tenner. I was running late so in order to get the bus going again I stood up, paid the guys fare so the driver could put the foot down and get me to work in time.

#humansofDublin
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

ah ah ah Steorn are back! ahahahahahha
                  http://www.irishtimes.com/business/t...test-1.2211622
                  Have you a link to the original story and if possible a good take down of it.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                    Paypal non-delivery or reverse charges on credit card depending on how you paid for it. Easy game.
                    If only I were ethically able to dick people over, life would be great.
                    Also make loads of orders per year there.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    Mad Max: Fury Road has 99% on Rotten Tomatoes. Hehe.

Saw a Rotten Tomatoes 95%er yesterday in Lighthouse - Girlhood. Roughly 100 times better and more artistic than Boyhood imo.
                    I hope it's good, looking forward to a ridiculous romp and to mad max. ho ho

From your post I thought girlhood must have been by the same guy, and got very excited. Looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      Rather annoying situation, I bought something online for my friend in another country. She lives in an apartment block of a few hundred people. One morning it was attempted to be delivered and she was not there, so the postman gave it to somebody in the lobby passing through (rather than bringing it back to the post office or giving it in to the official office in the building), and wrote the number they said they lived at on the slip. Now my friend went to this persons door and they said they don't have it, acted really suspiciously and guilty tbh. So now my friend is kinda stuck and this was important to them. Either this person is lying and has it, or some other person said their room number and has it, in a building of several hundred people.

The post was basically gave the package to some random person (not even a neighbour) that may not even have lived in the building, they say it's the fault of the sender (an online company) for not specifying that only the receiver can take the package, while the sender would say they sent it so it's not their problem.

Out of luck it sounds like.
                      Was it cheesecake from Mamas Little Bakery?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Have you a link to the original story and if possible a good take down of it.
                        There used to be an awesome one of it, from 2008/9 when the scientific jury were reporting, but that's long gone unfortunately, but this should be decent http://dispatchesfromthefuture.com/2...steorn_ye.html

btw, that link is from an "open minded" blogger (read: Steorn schill) but even he gives up over the years).
                        Last edited by Zod; 14-05-15, 14:19.

Comment

From your post I thought girlhood must have been by the same guy, and got very excited. Looks good though.
                          There is more insight and depth in a single camera shot in this film than in the entire filming period of Boyhood imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            No but that post was hilariously random!

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                            There is more insight and depth in a single camera shot in this film than in the entire filming period of Boyhood imo.
                            Ok, shall be judging you later and assigning you a satnav score in SI satnav units.

Comment

What was the last laugh

Comment

I won't say this time it's different Denny because it's not. You just need access to decent ones to reduce the risk and go in with your eyes open. We did a wind energy and a medical supplier one last year. Heavily asset backed and simple business models to reduce risk as much as practicable. We advised clients to just do 25k in each and build a 100k exposure to EII schemes over time (where the client was worth 2m say).

Worth considering if you're paying a lot of income tax IMO.
                                this kind of thing open to a young director about town?
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If only I were ethically able to dick people over, life would be great.
                                  Also make loads of orders per year there.
                                  Nah. It's the vendor being the dick here in all reality.
                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Have an interview in WIT Monday morning so I've decided the best thing to do is head down today and go on the piss for four days. If I'm able to get out of bed and function Monday morning then I'll know that the college lifestyle is for me.

Icky pints

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                      What was the last laugh
                                      I got my seat back by publicly shaming him.

Comment

ah ah ah Steorn are back! ahahahahahha
                                        http://www.irishtimes.com/business/t...test-1.2211622
                                        Oh I LOVED these guys back in the day!
                                        Fantastic that they are back, not enough mad scientists in the world
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                          What was the last laugh
                                          he killed him and defiled the corpse.
                                          serious bants

Comment

Just on this, how much can I shovel into that tax free?
                                            Doing a serious life adjustment after the wedding and thinking of putting upto 25% of gross earnings.
                                            Is this really just a tax free kiddy pool full of money I can wade around in when I lose my teeth?

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                              Nah. It's the vendor being the dick here in all reality.
                                              To be fair to them, they shipped it and it did get delivered, i'd find the post office to be the ones at fault, hassling them again now.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              Doing a serious life adjustment after the wedding and thinking of putting upto 25% of gross earnings.
                                              Is this really just a tax free kiddy pool full of money I can wade around in when I lose my teeth?
                                              Yeah as long as you can afford it and you still have a good lifestyle it's pretty good.
                                              I may be getting to accustomed to spending all my net. If it hinders my lifestyle too much I CBA because I'd rather have fun in with money when i can life life to the most then 40 years from now. Suppose just have to find the right amount to put in.

What age did people start paying into one at? What percentage?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I got my seat back by publicly shaming him.
                                                  Please tell me you opened with "Ah Heyor".
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    40 year older you will want to have fun too...
                                                    Zed? Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

Comment

+1 to this, am I better off getting paid as "Denny Derivatives"?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                        Please tell me you opened with "Ah Heyor".
                                                        "Ah Heyor, are you serious" was my opening gambit.

Comment

this kind of thing open to a young director about town?
                                                          Open to anyone paying income tax

.25 * gross earnings probably equals roughly 35% of your net income. 30 years of that plus a 2% real investment return plus the old age pension will likely give you in excess of 65% of your current net income for life indexed for inflation to retirement.. Is that enough for you?

Couple that income with a reduced lifestyle, your housing needs taken care of etc, you should be pretty comfortable but that's for you to decide.

Comment

Probably. MrsV is self employed and we're easily racking up 10k a year in expenses. From a pension perspective she can put in 30%+ of her salary into her pension as her own employer whilst she could only put 20% into a prsa because of revenue restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              50 booked at 4s anyway - GL

I don't know. I've sent PP a mail to ask if\when they will offer those.
                                                              generic response of the year

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.

Your request has been forwarded to our trading department. As soon as they inform us of the price on your selection we will make contact with you. Please note we cannot guarantee that all price requests will be successful.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Probably. MrsV is self employed and we're easily racking up 10k a year in expenses. From a pension perspective she can put in 30%+ of her salary into her pension as her own employer whilst she could only put 20% into a prsa because of revenue restrictions.
                                                                Must look into that this weekend so if I can't emigrate (would be nice to claim the chromebook as a business expense!). Should probably invest in some tax advisor with an impactful tie since this month is of button clicking is shaping up to be >= my first year of button clicking.

Comment

Must look into that this weekend so if I can't emigrate (would be nice to claim the chromebook as a business expense!). Should probably invest in some tax advisor with an impactful tie since this month is of button clicking is shaping up to be >= my first year of button clicking.
                                                                  Nice!! New shoes ahoy!! I'm breaking in my double monks for Rome next week.

Yeah we got a decent accountant for 700pa. No impactful tie. No office. He requires his clients to maintain good records. Iago has the name of a good guy as well who charges a bit more but probably does a bit more.

MrsV is also VAT registered.

10k is conservative when I think about it. Probably more like 15k.

25% of our rent for home office
                                                                  25% of electricity and gas
                                                                  50% of car running costs
                                                                  Life assurance premium
                                                                  Serious illness cover premium
                                                                  Phone
                                                                  Broadband
                                                                  Accountant fees
                                                                  Vat on goods purchased.

Comment

Just about to watch the newest episode of survivor, wish there was odds on this as am certain that winner will be either mama c or mike now - probably mama c unfortunately.
                                                                    Mike for immunity this episode pls.
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The answer is usually yes but if you're day to day responsibilities remain the same (i.e. you're still essentially working in a job) you can't just decide to declare yourself self-employed effective from X date.

Comment

Sounds like I'm getting gouged by my accountant €2.500 pa for Ltd company with personal tax returns for both directors as well.

Comment

Sounds like I'm getting gouged by my accountant €2.500 pa for Ltd company with personal tax returns for both directors as well.
                                                                          Is that just for end of year books & tax returns?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            Is that just for end of year books & tax returns?
                                                                            pretty much yeah

Comment

pretty much yeah
                                                                              I'd have said €1200ish (i.e for end of year books & tax returns - i do my own VAT/PAYE/invoicing/cash collection etc)
                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 14-05-15, 17:29.

Comment

Ah you're not comparing like with like. MrsV keeps fastidious records and does the VAT returns herself etc. Plus her guy works from home and has no impactful tie or shiny shoes and rejects clients who are a "lot of work". I don't think 2.5k for a ltd. company plus two personal returns is terrible. Maybe 500 too much but not a gouging.

Edit: What do I know Dice says different.

Comment

Ah you're not comparing like with like. MrsV keeps fastidious records and does the VAT returns herself etc. Plus her guy works from home and has no impactful tie or shiny shoes and rejects clients who are a "lot of work". I don't think 2.5k for a ltd. company plus two personal returns is terrible. Maybe 500 too much but not a gouging.

Edit: What do I know Dice says different.
                                                                                  Proper company accounts need a whole lot more admin work than personal tax returns. 2.5k isn't bad unless the company has literally only a dozen transactions or so.

Obviously depends on impactfulness of the tie tho.

Comment

Despite having never real life met him and an underlying feeling that he is internet predator I'd have to say CHD is one of the soundest people I've Internet met from bray. Sample size is small and I'm just bringing this up as I met 2 people from bray today that suffered from the retardation

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                      Despite having never real life met him and an underlying feeling that he is internet predator I'd have to say CHD is one of the soundest people I've Internet met from bray. Sample size is small and I'm just bringing this up as I met 2 people from bray today that suffered from the retardation
                                                                                      Ta m8, you're my favourite snooker player from Waterford.

Comment

generic response of the year
                                                                                        What do you think is a fair current price RDIII ?

Comment

VAT and paye is done by me through ROS.
                                                                                          Basically it's copies of invoices and bank statements and expense receipts at the end of the year and a cheque for him (and usually one for me)

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                            Just about to watch the newest episode of survivor, wish there was odds on this as am certain that winner will be either mama c or mike now - probably mama c unfortunately.
                                                                                            Mike for immunity this episode pls.
                                                                                            You obviously didnt click through last week to the second chance prospects for the new series...some serious spoilers there !

It was a cracker of an episode, 2 hour finale next week.
                                                                                            Last edited by oleras; 14-05-15, 18:44.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                              What do you think is a fair current price RDIII ?
                                                                                              I don't know. Hopefully PP price up buckets of seats and we find out!

I think the line of 49.5 equates to free money. There is literally NO alternative government out there. Labour will get whacked as junior coalition parties invariably do. SF have a natural ceiling in an overwhelmingly middle-class country. The anti-austerity loons are two years too late. And FF....I live in hope this will be their last election before falling apart in internecine squabbling.

Comment

We do index tracking lifestyle pensions from 0.263%p.a. BUT that assumes the employer pays some admin/regulatory costs and includes the Revenue recently being forced to stop charging VAT on that. Lol at the minister bleating about fees and dipping her hand in for VAT and the ongoing pension levy. If you want different sorts of investment strategies you'll definitely pay more.

An individual going independently will likely pay from 0.65%p.a. upwards. More money = lower cost with a good adviser. Smaller punters typically pay 1%pa. plus initial charges if they are being robbed.

Rake in EIIs depend on the particular scheme. 2-4% from what I've seen.
                                                                                                I like the idea of helping loaded cunce pay less hard earned tax, all the while earning serious coin.

How did you get into this line of work if I may ask? Was your degree very mathsy? Was it QFA's I recall you said you did, may be thinking of someone else.

Might stalk you on linkedin if I can recall your surname.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                I heard a rumour that you are in your 20's, which blew my mind. Confirm/deny?

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                Have an interview in WIT Monday morning so I've decided the best thing to do is head down today and go on the piss for four days. If I'm able to get out of bed and function Monday morning then I'll know that the college lifestyle is for me.

Icky pints
                                                                                                Gunna see about transferring m8.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                40 year older you will want to have fun too...
                                                                                                He'll be happy to stand up unassisted.
                                                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 14-05-15, 19:03.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

VAT and paye is done by me through ROS.
                                                                                                  Basically it's copies of invoices and bank statements and expense receipts at the end of the year and a cheque for him (and usually one for me)
                                                                                                  2 tax returns with no rental income or shares can be done for buttons. The accounts assuming audit expempt are time driven so if you have a lot of transactions then you will pay more. Summarise your bank and invoices this will cut the cost.
                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Boring in here today. Everyone who took part should feel bad.

Comment

This should help people here quit smoking

You can give me money, if you dont smoke for the rest of your life I'll give it back.

Comment

I think the line of 49.5 equates to free money. There is literally NO alternative government out there. Labour will get whacked as junior coalition parties invariably do. SF have a natural ceiling in an overwhelmingly middle-class country. The anti-austerity loons are two years too late. And FF....I live in hope this will be their last election before falling apart in internecine squabbling.
                                                                                                        Two years too late sums it up well imo. Toodles to the loonies. Not convinced Lab will suffer all that much when push comes to shove. Ditto FF. Could touch 35-40 I think. As the country recovers peoples votes will bunch up in the middle.

What do you think the make up of the next govt will be?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                          Two years too late sums it up well imo. Toodles to the loonies. Not convinced Lab will suffer all that much when push comes to shove. Ditto FF. Could touch 35-40 I think. As the country recovers peoples votes will bunch up in the middle.

What do you think the make up of the next govt will be?
                                                                                                          same as the current one

Comment

same as the current one
                                                                                                            What's 4t?
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

anybody want to start a Werewolf game?
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Agree on the 49.5 not so convinced over 65 though. Less seats on offer and boundary changes etc, . I think they have serious candidate issues in the new southern Dublin / Dun laoghaire constituencies.

Of those returned last time Peter Matthews ( resigned ) , Shatter ( toxic ) , Olivia Mitchell ( not certain to run), Lucinda ( resigned) , Sean Barrett ( elected if he stands) , Eoghan Murphy and Mitchell O Connor .

No doubt they will parachute a few high profile replacements but they also have to meet their gender quotas.

Still wouldn't give you better than 4/1 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                  What's 4t?
                                                                                                                  Fwiw I had a soda bread sambo with chicken, red onion and humous. Then one kitkat. am also bored. May eat again out of said boredom.

Comment

Agree on the 49.5 not so convinced over 65 though. Less seats on offer and boundary changes etc, . I think they have serious candidate issues in the new southern Dublin / Dun laoghaire constituencies.

Of those returned last time Peter Matthews ( resigned ) , Shatter ( toxic ) , Olivia Mitchell ( not certain to run), Lucinda ( resigned) , Sean Barrett ( elected if he stands) , Eoghan Murphy and Mitchell O Connor .

No doubt they will parachute a few high profile replacements but they also have to meet their gender quotas.

Still wouldn't give you better than 4/1 though.
                                                                                                                    Will you give me better than 4/1?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                      I like the idea of helping loaded cunce pay less hard earned tax, all the while earning serious coin.

How did you get into this line of work if I may ask? Was your degree very mathsy? Was it QFA's I recall you said you did, may be thinking of someone else.

Might stalk you on linkedin if I can recall your surname.

I heard a rumour that you are in your 20's, which blew my mind. Confirm/deny?

Gunna see about transferring m8.

He'll be happy to stand up unassisted.
                                                                                                                      QFA my bollix. It's all about the shoes.

I have a degree in physics, some actuarial exams, QFA, RPA, MIIPM, grad dip in financial planning and am about to be awarded Certified Financial Planner status. Combined value = fuck all.

The bottom line is I have 14 years of experience and I stay on top of my niche. I also believe that I have what they now call on job specs "executive presence" which is an important factor that I'm looking to exploit in a much bigger way over the next 24 months.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                                        Will you give me better than 4/1?
                                                                                                                        No sorry Shano I thought I had multi- quoted your original post and was using you plural.

Comment

No sorry Shano I thought I had multi- quoted your original post and was using you plural.
                                                                                                                          As Sly Stallone would say. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. Will let you save face @21/5.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X