Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really can't wait for Manny Pac to get beaten around the ring. Hate that little cunt.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm a tired little teddy m8s

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          I'm a tired little teddy m8s
          My dogs name is teddy. Why so tired?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            My dogs name is teddy. Why so tired?
            I don't eat enough fruit and veg m8

Comment

lol, McShane derp moment leads to a goal.

Comment

lol, McShane derp moment leads to a goal.
                Sure that always happens, Henry for example
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                  Percentage chance this strike doesn't go ahead on Friday Mr Wasabi?
                  I see the Minister has come out this evening and given assurances that no staff would be forced to move to a new employer, and if they did go voluntarily that they would keep their terms and conditions.
                  This should be a welcome announcement by the unions, and I can see the strike being called off while they trash out a few more assurances from the Minister, now that he seems to have become involved.
                  I reckon the strike won't go ahead now at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    I'd say that's absolute money in the bank. Given the likely turnout, the elderly trying to keep us pure will no doubt push the no vote up uncomfortably. Didn't we have a ridiculously high no vote on that recent referendum asking for permission to take kids away from parents who are physically abusing them.
                    There should be an upper age limit on the eligibility to vote in referenda. People heading for the exit shouldn't be able to decide on important matters concerning those hanging around.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

On another note, we're flying to Nice tomorrow. (Not for the EPT Monaco,Danny unfortunately) although we might see you in the airport for a beer if you are around.It's the 12.40 Ryanair flight.
                      @Honda, what will the queues be like then, and what time should I be in the airport at ?
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Looking for the Yes vote to be under 68%. Couldn't really care less about gay marriage tbf.

Spent the day in the Wesht today, feeling like I have connected with my No constituency and now back to feeling emboldened.
                        Literally going to walk in under 68%. I'm punting hard on the unders on 62.5% and I'm seriously of the opinion we are looking at something like 54-46
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          There should be an upper age limit on the eligibility to vote in referenda. People heading for the exit shouldn't be able to decide on important matters concerning those hanging around.
                          People who tell you how you should vote should be out too

Comment

Good days work in the courts today by the jury in the MS death case.

Stick that up yer gash Billy Binchy and fucking twirl on it.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Good days work in the courts today by the jury in the MS death case.

Stick that up yer gash Billy Binchy and fucking twirl on it.
                              U ok m8

Comment

Pretty awesome conversation heard today between two auld lads in the bookies

Old timer #1 : now I'm not a bit racist but by god do I hate them foreigners, our taxes paying the dole they get in our country.

Old timer #2 : oh I wouldn't be racist either but I agree with you, make them work for their money, every house should have one of them as a servant

Love the clarification that they are not racist though. Ireland must have been an awful place 30 years ago

Comment

Researchers discover how a neurotoxin commonly used for cosmetic procedures can travel into the CNS.

Some info on botox...

Comment

Comment

Spoiler that ffs Sat Nav will ya

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                        Spoiler that ffs Sat Nav will ya
                                        Fine big dog aint it
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Now fix the spelling mistake..... jesus christ

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            Nerve damage might explain why Satnav is like she is, but by all accounts she's always been this way
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

U ok m8
                                              No I'm feckin dying, picked up a nasty chest infection on my travels and I'm currently too sick to even go to Punchestown I'm a few weeks behind in my training for a triathlon that's just 4 weeks away and it feels like I'm going to be laid up for at least another few days.

Comment

Comment

Voting No on the president age ref.

Should raise it imo, it's the job of an oul dude.

Comment

The Dublin vs rest of country divide is ridic in any referendum involving morals.

Was looking it up as was thinking of whether 10.5+ constituencies might vote against gay marriage. When you look at some of those areas you'd really wonder. Kerry North, for example, was reasonably closely divided on whether or not the country should execute people. Is the local farmer ambling into the booth with shite on his wellies really going to ever be thinking 'lets do this for the gays'. And there's a lot of those constituencies.
                                                    Donegal being made into 1 constituency isn't helping you here. The No County

Comment

The Dublin vs rest of country divide is ridic in any referendum involving morals.

Was looking it up as was thinking of whether 10.5+ constituencies might vote against gay marriage. When you look at some of those areas you'd really wonder. Kerry North, for example, was reasonably closely divided on whether or not the country should execute people. Is the local farmer ambling into the booth with shite on his wellies really going to ever be thinking 'lets do this for the gays'. And there's a lot of those constituencies.
                                                      Imo there are not enough no's who will bother to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        Interesting, my gut instinct would be that the new constituencies don't apply until the next GE. e.g., if a Donegal North TD died tomorrow there would be a byelection where just the people of DN vote, the people of Donegal South wouldn't have a vote.
                                                        So it would seem logical that Donegal would still be two constituencies for the purpose of vote counting in a referendum during this Dail?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Interesting, my gut instinct would be that the new constituencies don't apply until the next GE. e.g., if a Donegal North TD died tomorrow there would be a byelection where just the people of DN vote, the people of Donegal South wouldn't have a vote.
                                                          So it would seem logical that Donegal would still be two constituencies for the purpose of vote counting in a referendum during this Dail?
                                                          Actually that probably is the case. Lump on Hitch

Comment

Comment

One who is 'heading for the exit'?

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                One who is 'heading for the exit'?
                                                                touche.

Nah, one who has just ordered his last pint. Bit of banter left in him.

Comment

Presume that one will be defeated.

Comment

meh it's 1/20

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      No I'm feckin dying, picked up a nasty chest infection on my travels and I'm currently too sick to even go to Punchestown I'm a few weeks behind in my training for a triathlon that's just 4 weeks away and it feels like I'm going to be laid up for at least another few days.
                                                                      I'll say a little prayer for ya m8

Comment

Oh yeah.

lol Pep.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                          Imo there are not enough no's who will bother to vote.
                                                                          I've posted about this before. I work with some very religious country bumpkins and they're friends call in every day for tea and a gossip. I asked a few months ago what way they would vote and there was a few murmurs, a few no voters and nothing much was said. I've been pushing the convo the last week or so and now we have some very strongly held views and they're all no voters. The age range is 21-60ish. As said before its a sample size of about 10/12 people but these people have families and communities will vote the same way down here.

There are more no voters than we know about because people will not openly admit to being a no voter.

I asked my boss what about if one of his boys turned out to be gay. He wasn't happy that I even suggested that and said there's no way a son of his would "be a gay".

Comment

There are more no voters than we know about because people will not openly admit to being a no voter.
                                                                            An Irish version of the Bradley effect is quite likely to be in play in this referendum

Comment

Kerry and the south is about 53 years behind m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                meh it's 1/20
                                                                                Not having seen the odds before I thought it would be a 5/6 5/6 heat.
                                                                                Would it not be an automatic Yes for 80% of people aged 18-34, meaning they'd only need to get around 33% of the vote from over 35s.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

People voting no to be anti Enda/water charges. Though on the other hand, Jedward, Mrs Browne and Bosco are pushing me towards a no
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Will divorce legislation as stands cover same sex marriage or will there need to be amendments to it? Just out of interest but will be pretty funny if down a referendum was needed for gay divorce. Which way would the holy joes vote. Anti divorce but pro gays no longer being married.

I know it's same sex marriage and I would imagine amendments don't require new referendums but would be great just watch the debates

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                      Will divorce legislation as stands cover same sex marriage or will there need to be amendments to it? Just out of interest but will be pretty funny if down a referendum was needed for gay divorce. Which way would the holy joes vote. Anti divorce but pro gays no longer being married.

I know it's same sex marriage and I would imagine amendments don't require new referendums but would be great just watch the debates
                                                                                      Words "husband" and "wife" don't appear anywhere in the Family Law (Divorce) Act 1996. The term used is "spouse" which is gender neutral. Pretty sure the Act is more or less fit for purpose.

Comment

I had a very interesting conversation about the equality referendum with a group of elderly Irish nuns all living for a long time in South Africa. They really didn't have much to say about the subject at hand, I could sense their distaste for the subject but an understanding that the world and civil society in Ireland has passed them by. Because it had been on the RTE news that morning we talked about Mary McAleese's position and they were all delighted that she took on the bishops and without saying anything controversial applauded her decision to stand up for her son ahead of the stated position of the church they share.

Comment

I've posted about this before. I work with some very religious country bumpkins and they're friends call in every day for tea and a gossip. I asked a few months ago what way they would vote and there was a few murmurs, a few no voters and nothing much was said. I've been pushing the convo the last week or so and now we have some very strongly held views and they're all no voters. The age range is 21-60ish. As said before its a sample size of about 10/12 people but these people have families and communities will vote the same way down here.

I asked my boss what about if one of his boys turned out to be gay. He wasn't happy that I even suggested that and said there's no way a son of his would "be a gay".
                                                                                          The bolded bit is the reason opinion polls on this issue aren't worth a shit.

I think Kayroo is correct, this will be really close. It really needs a big turnout to carry it over the line, it's encouraging to hear colleges really pushing hard to get people to register, Newstalk are doing a great job too in this regard.

It's an absolute disgrace that we're even voting on such an issue, what right do I have to have a say on somebody else's personal life?

In fifty years time we'll be embarrassed to look back and say this was something that people were voting against.

Opponents to SSM are no different to opponents of inter racial marriage or opponents to women's suffrage imo. They just live in a different time.
                                                                                          Last edited by Lazare; 28-04-15, 21:56.

Comment

CHD applying a bit of peer pressure so I felt compelled to comply.

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

I was leaving out the recycling bin this evening and a bunch of yes campaigners about a dozen were roaming my estate.
                                                                                              One lady was going up to ring the door bell told her the baby was asleep so she handed me a leaflet.
                                                                                              I immediately binned it and told her i dont need constant harassement in the media or from blokes in dresses like that panti bliss tranny to do the right thing.

Comment

That's a cool dog dobby m8.

Comment

That's a cool dog dobby m8.
                                                                                                  The best purchase we've ever made. Mad about the little fecker. Do you have a dog?

Comment

It's an absolute disgrace that we're even voting on such an issue
                                                                                                    What do you think of that Dobby? Lazare calls referendum a disgrace!

Comment

Louie Louie you're gonna die

Comment

Just reading through the official votes on each amendment of the constitution here. Page 63 contains the referendum results on abolishing the death penalty - 610,455 vote in favour of abolition, and a whopping 372,950 want to keep it.
                                                                                                        Bring back public 'angings. Quick public hanging of a Friday after work before a few jars.

That's ageist mate. If someone is capable of getting the job, etc.
                                                                                                        I have my doubts you old cunce would vote for a young man anyhow.

Ironic, but not unsurprising given Kerry probably has the highest amount of repressed and closeted homosexuals in the land. You aren't allowed out in Kerry.

The bolded bit is the reason opinion polls on this issue aren't worth a shit.

I think Kayroo is correct, this will be really close. It really needs a big turnout to carry it over the line, it's encouraging to hear colleges really pushing hard to get people to register, Newstalk are doing a great job too in this regard.

It's an absolute disgrace that we're even voting on such an issue, what right do I have to have a say on somebody else's personal life?

In fifty years time we'll be embarrassed to look back and say this was something that people were voting against.

Opponents to SSM are no different to opponents of inter racial marriage or opponents to women's suffrage imo. They just live in a different time.
                                                                                                        Ageist.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

The best purchase we've ever made. Mad about the little fecker. Do you have a dog?
                                                                                                          I get the occasional one m8 but leave early.

Comment

People should vote yes just to give that rotten corrupt fairytale pushing organisation, also known as the Catholic Church, a massive fuck you.

Vote Yes for fuck you religion.

Comment

No voters are a bunch of pussies.
                                                                                                              The fact that they literally are afraid to admit they are voting no is a sign in itself.

Homosexuality was not accepted back in the olden times which is a known fact and they are agreeing with those homophobic people from decades ago? Pathetic

I know nothing about the bible and if it is actually stated that no man shall lay with another man, but if it is then I can somewhat accept religious people voting no. I mean they stand for something and they have beliefs. People who are voting no because they don't like gays is just utterly pathetic imho.
                                                                                                              That is all.

Also. I might be drunk and rambling.
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Eurotrash really was a top, top show, should bring it back.

Comment

...

Comment

From a reddit thread. Different types of pasta made on a machine. Apparently its $2k for the machine that makes the first two (and a few other types).

Fusili

Shells

Penne in a factory

More of these posts, much quicker version of that how does stuff work show.

Ridiculous levels of optimism in this Noonan statement (difficulty level: Indo article). Probably none of the optimism excessive either. Going to be a fun five years, or at least 2020 will be excellent!

They need to sort out childcare though up to age of 18. Proper support for funding creches, schools open 8-6pm with extracurricular activities. Summer options. Like just about every other country in Europe. Its the biggest destroyer of quality of life post 30. You can't set up a country on the lines of: you'll have a spectacular 20s and then you're fcked.

Also, am impressive side effect of the rise of SF has been the realisation by FG/Lab that they're never getting those votes, so fck 'em and concentrate on the 'squeezed middle'. The middle class finally have political representation!
                                                                                                                      200k jobs, fuckin ell. Have we 200k cunce to fill the jobs?

56k cunce taking the leaving, guess the country is bigger than I realised.

Comment

We should have a vote every 3 months to change shit. Big list of stuff, get things moving.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          I know nothing about the bible and if it is actually stated that no man shall lay with another man, but if it is then I can somewhat accept religious people voting no. I mean they stand for something and they have beliefs.
                                                                                                                          I think that's essentially what the bible passage says.
                                                                                                                          "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"

The same part of the bible forbids sex with your mother in law, so who ever wrote it was casting a pretty wide net. Wouldn't be taking it too seriously

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X