This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asparagus can fuck off IMO.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      Peppered sauce on a good steak can also fuck off.

Opr

Comment

Gumball rally jackass. Fuck asparagus. Love asparagus though
        airport, lol

Comment

da fuq? Have you not had 2003 Château Margaux asparagus? fucking noob.

Comment

Does anyone here have 2 surnames on their passport. Like birth name and also a deed poll change name? Is this possible.
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Professor Wiseman.

I call shenanigans.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                Does anyone here have 2 surnames on their passport. Like birth name and also a deed poll change name? Is this possible.
                most married women? maiden name and new name.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                  Peppered sauce on a good steak can also fuck off.

Opr
                  that is not a good steak. looks like overcooked mince meat, but what fucking hospital is that though serving asparagus and roast new potatoes?

Comment

Aside from the after smell on urine Asparagus is awesome.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      Chanel booked flights in her birth name, however her name was changed by deed poll when she was 6 and all her official letters etc are in Gavigan. Her passport has now expired which was in her birth name but now she wants to renew with Gavigan on it .

So I am wondering what way to do it. If it says Gavigan where does the birth name go and will this be ok with Ryan air as its not booked in Gavigan if you get me.
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Chanel booked flights in her birth name, however her name was changed by deed poll when she was 6 and all her official letters etc are in Gavigan. Her passport has now expired which was in her birth name but now she wants to renew with Gavigan on it .

So I am wondering what way to do it. If it says Gavigan where does the birth name go and will this be ok with Ryan air as its not booked in Gavigan if you get me.
                        The name she booked in will have to exactly match the name of the passport she presents. They won't entertain showing the old cancelled passport or any of that messing I'd imagine.
                        airport, lol

Comment

that is not a good steak. looks like overcooked mince meat, but what fucking hospital is that though serving asparagus and roast new potatoes?
                          I don't think you've got the gist of the Florence Nightingale part of the post.....

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            The name she booked in will have to exactly match the name of the passport she presents. They won't entertain showing the old cancelled passport or any of that messing I'd imagine.
                            I know but what I am saying is. Can she have a double barrel name and if so what goes first, birth name or deed poll name?
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Refs in scotland are a complete joke. I'm not kidding when I say I wasn't shocked in the slightest when the penalty wasn't given despite the ref and the behind-the-goalsman "not see"ing it. load of me hoop.

Also I had 2/3 of a bottle of nice red wine for lunch and will have to give a speech shortly.

This may not end well.
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                Anyway we stop for grub and the lads are all tucking into their sandwiches and I pull a cooked chicken from my backpack and start tearing into it along with a block of cheese. He must have been a little bit confused on reflection. Animal indeed!
                                Did you seen the recent BBC program called "Eat to live forever"? Guy went round looking at various diets, tbh the program wasn't very good and the guy who presents it came across like a bit of a dick but one part is interesting in which he talks to a guy who practices the paleo diet in the purest form he possibly can. I won't be surprised to see Derek (guy in the clip) on the TV again in the future although for very different reasons.

From about 39 minutes - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2k4yj8

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  I don't think you've got the gist of the Florence Nightingale part of the post.....
                                  not a fucking clue

i was just replying to the good steak part though

Comment

"Whats for Tea" is running in the 18:55 in Plumpton this evening.

Currently the longest price of six horses in this 3 mile handicap, at 20/1 (betfair).

Not a tip.

Comment

After dominating jump racing for 20 years, Tony McCoy rides into retirement at Sandown on Saturday with one burning regret, he tells Donald McRae: that his pursuit of a sporting miracle in his final season was cut short

Good interview with McCoy
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

hundreds of soldiers dies in Florence Nightingale's "hospital" because she didn't have a sterile environment.

Comment

I do. Dunno your question though, I just put my name on the form and now it is on my passport.

Married women and legends m8.

Comment

Comment

@Olly: had no intention of dragging you into anything tbh. Just popped into my mind as you looked great at the SE tournament and I hadn't seen you since before you started your health journey.
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                  "Whats for Tea" is running in the 18:55 in Plumpton this evening.

Currently the longest price of six horses in this 3 mile handicap, at 20/1 (betfair).

Not a tip.
                                                  Put a fiver on. Just in case.

Comment

Comment

Big news. Root cause of asthma found. Potential cure ready to start clinical tries shortly.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...nd-325875.html
                                                      Should really wait for Saturday cynics club but seems to me they are just looking to fund a bunch of scientists. How can you put 5 years on something. Its a stalling tactic just like when a new premiership manager come on board and fancies a few seasons so he says ''It will take 3 years to build this team''.

For anyone waiting on Cardsharks Argentina report heres some light watching entertainment. Conor Woodmans Buenos Aires scam city episode is worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        when a guy who has ben left paralysed by a fall from a horse asks you for fillet steak, asparagus, wedges and pepper sauce you give him exactly what he has asked for. I can attest to the quality of the steak, it was fine when I took it off my pan, but from my kitchen it takes 30 minutes to get to the spinal injuries unit of the mater hospital. It was cooked medium but it sweated considerably under its wraps in the intervening period. The patient said it tasted like the best meal he had ever eaten compared to the hospital food he had been eating, so on that basis I think it passes as being acceptable, imo.
                                                        Tbf the wedges look a little overdone...

Comment

when a guy who has ben left paralysed by a fall from a horse asks you for fillet steak, asparagus, wedges and pepper sauce you give him exactly what he has asked for. I can attest to the quality of the steak, it was fine when I took it off my pan, but from my kitchen it takes 30 minutes to get to the spinal injuries unit of the mater hospital. It was cooked medium but it sweated considerably under its wraps in the intervening period. The patient said it tasted like the best meal he had ever eaten compared to the hospital food he had been eating, so on that basis I think it passes as being acceptable, imo.
                                                          Fair Play, Noel, that's an exceptionally nice thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                            @Olly: had no intention of dragging you into anything tbh. Just popped into my mind as you looked great at the SE tournament and I hadn't seen you since before you started your health journey.
                                                            Coming at it from the other direction, this version of V is the only one I have known. I also strongly believe that a man of his wonderful physique could never have been fat. Consequently (due to my fresh perspective) I have concluded that you are all wrong, and that the previous individual was actually a different person who clearly paid for someone to get facial plastic surgery to look like him.

"Oh hey work colleagues, I'm back after 4 years and look amazingly different due to eating chocolate instead of bread!"

GTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              Coming at it from the other direction, this version of V is the only one I have known. I also strongly believe that a man of his wonderful physique could never have been fat. Consequently (due to my fresh perspective) I have concluded that you are all wrong, and that the previous individual was actually a different person who clearly paid for someone to get facial plastic surgery to look like him.

"Oh hey work colleagues, I'm back after 4 years and look amazingly different due to eating chocolate instead of bread!"

GTFO!
                                                              V is actually Nicholas cage or John Travolta.

or an actor from that Wolfgang Peitersen movie that was shit.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                It's only the BBV Lloyd, a bit of chat in our virtual pub here. No problem at all from my perspective. I'm just not joining you in taking on the mammy mafia about the food topic. You're on your own there sunshine!!

And thanks for the compliment.
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Shrap definitely didn't realize you'd cooked it GAB. The others were just bantering.

Must be a heartbreaking situation for the fella. Puts mundane problems in stark contrast.
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I have a touch of a cold here on the couch. Not a picky eater
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                      Shrap definitely didn't realize you'd cooked it GAB. The others were just bantering.

Must be a heartbreaking situation for the fella. Puts mundane problems in stark contrast.
                                                                      What Olly said. No idea of the actual context. I just assumed the comedy value came from you asleep at the foot of the bed.

Great gesture and no doubt the steak tasted amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Is that a bit of the one leftover from Noels dinner last night ?

I don't use twitter much but that pic popped up in my inbox for some reason this morning #halfacow
                                                                        Haha, exact same, popped up in email this morning and I usually wouldnt even open them, was thinking some letdown compared to that but fair play to noel and great to hear the continued banter on final furlong podcast as well.

Comment

Got in this afternoon 24 hours after I left the hotel yesterday, ten minutes in the door I made the decision we have been dodging for weeks and brought my poor oul friend to the vet

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-04-15, 18:19.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Drunkenly brought in Coutinho>Henderson for this week even though Henderson was the perfect transfer € wise to bring in Sanchez plus is scoring more lately.
                                                                            Damn my drunkeness!! Might take a -8 hit for the bants now
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                              Drunkenly brought in Coutinho>Henderson for this week even though Henderson was the perfect transfer € wise to bring in Sanchez plus is scoring more lately.
                                                                              Damn my drunkeness!! Might take a -8 hit for the bants now
                                                                              DGW m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                DGW m8
                                                                                I know m8. Wanted Henderson instead of Coutinho though because he is scoring more pts atm and I could have sold someone else for Sanchez for their DGW in 3 weeks m8. Now I have to do 2 transfers to get Sanchez so probs have to get Ramsey

Gonna take -8 this week and hopefully make it back. I bought Remy a few weeks back and he got injured and played 0 mins, sort that out m8?
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                  I know m8. Wanted Henderson instead of Coutinho though because he is scoring more pts atm and I could have sold someone else for Sanchez for their DGW in 3 weeks m8. Now I have to do 2 transfers to get Sanchez so probs have to get Ramsey

Gonna take -8 this week and hopefully make it back. I bought Remy a few weeks back and he got injured and played 0 mins, sort that out m8?
                                                                                  Will have a word m8

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                      Thanks for the couscous replies btw. Savage stuff just have no idea if its any good for me!
                                                                                      proper north african couscous with loads of sauce, root vegetables, and plenty of stewed lamb is delicious.

My comment was a line from this which I found very funny at the time.

Thinkzoo Episode 1 of 3http://www.myspace.com/phunklore

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Got in this afternoon 24 hours after I left the hotel yesterday, ten minutes in the door I made the decision we have been dodging for weeks and brought my poor oul friend to the vet

ugh sorry to hear that heartbreaking for a family.

How old was he? My own dog is nearly 13 and I notice huge changes in her in the last two months. I dont think she has much left in her. Was your dog sick or what made you take him to the vet.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Heelo from Sweden where exit is outfart

took my old dog to the vet and to my horror he said he was going to have to put him down .

WHY sez I

Because he's heavy

Comment

Was watching the Vikings episode "Athelstan's Journal" on the link Tony put up a while back. Each time it gets to the second ad break it stops and goes back to the beginning.

Anyone else have problems watching Vikings on History.com?

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                              For some reason CHD and Mdoug popped into my head when I read that...
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

ugh sorry to hear that heartbreaking for a family.

How old was he? My own dog is nearly 13 and I notice huge changes in her in the last two months. I dont think she has much left in her. Was your dog sick or what made you take him to the vet.
                                                                                                Millie was over 16 but we don't know exactly. A good friend of mine had her and another rescue dog for years. She (the owner) got a lousy dose of breast cancer and died in her forties and we kind of inherited the dogs. The other dog was older and a little bitch who bullied poor Millie terribly, the older one died suddenly one night and I swear it was the happiest day of Millies life, she blosssomed into the lovely pet she has been after that.

So over the last two years she has slowed down badly and it was getting very hard for her to carry herself around she had become incontinent which upset her. She had also had ongoing problems with her ears that needed draining and cleaning a every few months. So when I came home today her ears were at her and she couldn't even raise her leg to scratch them.
                                                                                                TBH I think now we should have brought her a few weeks ago. It was very easy for her but tough for my daughter who came with me.
                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-04-15, 20:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Millie was over 16 but we don't know exactly. A good friend of mine had her and another rescue dog for years. She (the owner) got a lousy dose of breast cancer and died in her forties and we kind of inherited the dogs. The other dog was older and a little bitch who bullied poor Millie terribly, the older one died suddenly one night and I swear it was the happiest day of Millies life, she blosssomed into the lovely pet she has been after that.

So over the last two years she has slowed down badly and it was getting very hard for her to carry herself around she had become incontinent which upset her. She had also had ongoing problems with her ears that needed draining and cleaning a every few months. So when I came home today her ears were at her and she couldn't even raise her leg to scratch them.
                                                                                                  TBH I think now we should have brought her a few weeks ago. It was very easy for her but tough for my daughter who came with me.
                                                                                                  ah yeah was time alright, poor fecker. Fair play to your daughter for going , that must have been horrendous for her. I dont think I could bring my 2 with me for that. ah 16 was some age. maybe we have a few yrs yet then. I just notice freckles struggling now to get up from lying down. also doesnt seem to eat half as much as she did.
                                                                                                  if you looked at her you would say she was depressed , I must bring to the vet for a check up. Had her there for an operation in october to get a fat lump removed and they said she was in good health but something just doesnt seem right lately.
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Had a lovely dog called Millie. small world. rip.
                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Was watching the Vikings episode "Athelstan's Journal" on the link Tony put up a while back. Each time it gets to the second ad break it stops and goes back to the beginning.

Do you not torrent up there? I know your broadband is bad, but if you can stream you can torrent surely?

I had a guy in drilling stuff to put fibre in this evening and my speed has increased by 10-15 times. Does fibre result in distance from exchange not mattering as much? I tested tonight by downloading an episode of Vikings, which took about 5 minutes I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Wonder how many people make nervous small talk jokes about Dignitas when in vet clinics to get their pet put down. Guess its a not insignificant number. Stewel in the waiting room: 'ha, sure next you'll be carting me off to that clinic in Switzerland to have me put down, ha ha!' *eyes daughter anxiously*
                                                                                                          Probably really stupid of me, but I only realized this week that the 'right to travel' amendment to the constitution was only in relation to abortion. Had kinda assumed or misremembered, that it was the right to travel to do anything that was legal in another juristiction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirtee...ion_of_Ireland
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Do you not torrent up there? I know your broadband is bad, but if you can stream you can torrent surely?

I had a guy in drilling stuff to put fibre in this evening and my speed has increased by 10-15 times. Does fibre result in distance from exchange not mattering as much? I tested tonight by downloading an episode of Vikings, which took about 5 minutes I think.
                                                                                                            We got fibre in last year so it's much better now. I downloaded every episode to my laptop and transferred it to MrsF's Nexus (I tend to do all the downloading and just send them across). I'm not around tonight and women are just to impatient that she can't wait til tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                              For some reason CHD and Mdoug popped into my head when I read that...
                                                                                                              I'd have no problem gambling body parts tbf. CHD isn't as big a better though and would be all too responsible for that I'd imagine.

Anyone fancy kidney vs kidney on some game hit me up
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Got a call from Vikings for some extras work next Monday and Tuesday. I had to turn it down as they are my last 2 days to finish my guitar. Gutted
                                                                                                                48

Comment

Been reading about Saint Patrick's Battalion in the 19th Century US-Mexico war where a bunch of Irish fought on the side of Mexico. They are regarded as heroes in Mexico.

The only reason I know about them is that I came across this splendid Damian Dempsey song about them recently.

Comment

Was that just in the interest of science or are you watching Vikings?
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I don't know enough Mexico/American politics but i like how Springsteen describes how the the border with California and Mexico is a scar rather than a line. Nice way to describe the history in a single word imo.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                                        Got a call from Vikings for some extras work next Monday and Tuesday. I had to turn it down as they are my last 2 days to finish my guitar. Gutted
                                                                                                                        Are you building one?
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Been reading about Saint Patrick's Battalion in the 19th Century US-Mexico war where a bunch of Irish fought on the side of Mexico. They are regarded as heroes in Mexico.

The only reason I know about them is that I came across this splendid Damian Dempsey song about them recently.
                                                                                                                          Ry Cooder and the Chieftns did a great album about the story years ago

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X