This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    All 7 Prem favs won has actually been a bad/good (depending which side you're looking) season for this happening very frequently, I'd say footie multiples takings have been at an all time low across the board.

Saying that Celtic failed to win which may have stopped it being a complete disaster.
    Oh. I was hoping for some Curley-esque shenanigans.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

[QUOTE=5starpool;880243]
      Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      Bought this today for Mia all because she couldnt get over the weight of it. Just made her toast and of course I had to have a bite just to remind me how good it used to be. Oh holy God it was good too good!

I will have to it banish it from here on in!

The thick heel is the best bit, either toasted with lots of fully melted butter on it or with butter and a thick spreading of strawberry jam.
      Yup the first one out was about three inches thick and that was the one I gave into temptation for, butter just melted into it making it soggy. oh Holy God lol I have so stop talking about it now or I will end up heading back to the kitchen...
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Bought this today for Mia all because she couldnt get over the weight of it. Just made her toast and of course I had to have a bite just to remind me how good it used to be. Oh holy God it was good too good!

I will have to it banish it from here on in!
        Hope you had some real butter for it. Or did you ruin it with some low calorie/spreadable/can't believe it's not muck/syn free butspread
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          All 7 Prem favs won, has actually been a bad/good (depending which side you're looking) season for this happening very frequently, I'd say footie multiples takings have been at an all time low across the board.

Saying that Celtic failed to win which may have stopped it being a complete disaster.
          Also would have been a lot worse if it was on a Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
            Hope you had some real butter for it. Or did you ruin it with some low calorie/spreadable/can't believe it's not muck/syn free butspread
            Mia doesnt like Low Low so yeah used Real butter well dairygold the next best thing
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Mia doesnt like Low Low so yeah used Real butter well dairygold the next best thing
                Ah it's close, but no cigar. I even bought this butter dish last year, and leave it in the press http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o07_s00
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  Ah it's close, but no cigar. I even bought this butter dish last year, and leave it in the press http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o07_s00
                  My father disgusts me with butter, he uses the real butter but he will not put it in the fridge. It just sits all softish beside the toaster. yuk! I would be giving out to him and he just says thats the way I like it and it never did me any harm!
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    I've an app on my phone that measures on heartrate through the camera.
                    Similar principle, hold you finger over the lens and it observes the micro-changes in colour.
                    Obviously, this is taking it to the next level. And opens some serious applications of the tech.
                    In theory, they could observes sounds across a vacuum.

Here's the site where you cam play with it.

Comment

My father disgusts me with butter, he uses the real butter but he will not put it in the fridge. It just sits all softish beside the toaster. yuk! I would be giving out to him and he just says thats the way I like it and it never did me any harm!
                      Butter is around longer than fridges.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        That's what you get for marrying a Tasmanian.

I've been there myself, it's pretty sleepy alright. But then so is the rest of Oz outside of Sydney and Melbourne. It does have the best summertime weather in Oz by far. And, for some reason, the local accent is far less grating than the rest of Australia. Food is off the charts.
                        Yeah, Tassie seafood is amazing. Salmon and shellfish especially.
                        Might head to the fishmarket this weekend, you've planted the idea.

Comment

Just checking before I watch vinb does gorse hill is it possible to overdose on schadenfreude?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Can you do that? How long does it last like that?

All serious questions. Hate butter from the fridge ripping the fine slice of bread to pieces due to it being chilled together like glue.
                              dunno what the crack is with it but I would be funny with dairy not in the fridge but like you hard butter ripping bread apart is a pain in the arse. I used to chop off a lump put it on a small plate and stick the plate on top of the toaster while the bread was in. so it would soften
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Your dad wins this round.

What's the 'yuk' about, hard butter is a pain in the arse?
                                Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 04-03-15, 23:06.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                  Your dad wins this round.

What's the 'yuk' about, hard butter is a pain in the arse?
                                  Hmm upon googling it seems you may be right. well you learn something new every day

Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Vinb now, beades on the panel

Comment

Hmm upon googling it seems you may be right. well you learn something new every day

http://www.chow.com/food-news/138086...itchen-counter
                                        I'll go for the double.
                                        If butter left on the counter is constantly too soft there's every chance you're spunking money on energy bills.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                          Vinb now, beades on the panel
                                          Vincent... PLEASE go for it
                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            Haha, I most certainly did squander it on Green Isle broccoli. Oh nobody has it easy my dear chap. Personally I'd say I've always had a problem with anxiety. This led to poor communication which led to a destroyed relationship and not being able to help somebody with depression, which i struggle with. I also seem oddly poor at empathy, reacting to situations like a robot, even though I care a lot, which is frustrating. Yet I am also overly emotional without understanding why I am upset. I also find it hard to be in a world that seems to have carte blanche for cruelty, makes you not like anybody which makes things hard. I like you though, you've got the big
                                            Shit got real.
                                            Let's hug it out.

Originally posted by tara

The gas bill comes whenever they can be arsed to charge me, I used to pay 10e per month standing charge but now with the new owners I appear to have no standing charge, it used to piss me off so much so I can empathize...or can I.
                                            Yea I should possibly check mine but hassle.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                            Enjoying Roberto Martinez being found out.
                                            He thinks you are sound.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            My brain is addled enough without seeing people's skin change colour mate.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

bog standard house. Gold jerry, gold!

Comment

I still can't believe he called a 7 million euro house a bog standard house.

Also Vincent flat out calling him a fraud was gas.
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

'Even the gravel was fancy'

'Would you just shut up, just shut up, just shut up, please leave, leave, please leave, either shut up or please leave'

Comedy gold

Comment

Remember this one in Scotland? Loved this growing up. Not had it in years.

Comment

Can you do that? How long does it last like that?

All serious questions. Hate butter from the fridge ripping the fine slice of bread to pieces due to it being chilled together like glue.
                                                        Yeah its fine to leave butter out. Keep it covered in a butter dish.
                                                        Wouldn't be so sure about "kinda-like-butter-spread", but probably ok too as its more artificial. Having a spread with 25% less calories is a bit silly when you need twice as much.

I always remember that image V-for-Vendetta posted a while ago, of ants with butter vrs spread vrs margarine.

Comment

How do ye not know it's ok to leave out butter? Are yee Irish at all?

There is net migration into the country. Youth have always emigrated, and are doing so at about the same level now as in a good year, and tend to on average return. Total number of employed people is rising.
                                                          Got any stats from end of last year? I was shown this which showed net migration out of the country.

Comment

What is for supper?

Make it stop. I'm not quite sure why he is shaking his head, I'd have run a mile before it zoomed out.

Comment

How do ye not know it's ok to leave out butter? Are yee Irish at all?
                                                              What's vegan butter like? Is is any replacement for real butter, or just vegan spread for toast.

Comment

think im going to make popcorn for supper, oh yes. Yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                  What's vegan butter like? Is is any replacement for real butter, or just vegan spread for toast.
                                                                  Don't really eat much of it but it's like Connaught Gold/Kerry Gold spread things. Not like the "real" butter. Tasty enough, the one I get is made from sunflower.
                                                                  I'm sure there are better ones in the states, tehre is better everything there.
                                                                  I'd like to try these cheeses. http://miyokoskitchen.com/products-miyoko/

Comment

Don't really eat much of it but it's like Connaught Gold/Kerry Gold spread things. Not like the "real" butter. Tasty enough, the one I get is made from sunflower.
                                                                    I'm sure there are better ones in the states, tehre is better everything there.
                                                                    I'd like to try these cheeses. http://miyokoskitchen.com/products-miyoko/
                                                                    Ah, I forgot about emulsifying veg oils. I was thinking along the lines of curned silken tofu or something.

Some of them vegan cheeses sound nice. Not as a replacement, just standalone from the ingredients.

Cashews, water, Coconut Oil, Chives, Miso, Salt, Yeast, Cultures
                                                                    I think I could give a homemade version a go. Without "cultures" maybe.

Comment

think im going to make popcorn for supper, oh yes. Yourself?
                                                                      Probably a sleeping pill at this stage. Had cereal and a brownie and tea for tea.

Comment

Comment

Ayone seen 'rectify'? It's on rte+1. Dire stuff

Comment

Anyone in dublin cc with chorus having problems?

Have had really bad internet all the time but now it is actually cutting out a few times a day, and I have it plugged in with ethernet cable.
                                                                            Rang them and they replaced it and still the same and they won't do anything about it apart from changing the channel
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Oh and anyone here play townofsalem online? it's like a 20 minute mafia, it's cool

guessing tar might
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Engerland's try there at the weekend. I have only managed to see one angle of the thing, literally one! Was it a harsh call?
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Three nights in a row working past midnight... FML

That is on top of working both Saturday and sunday. Tomorrow not looking much better also. This working 75+ hrs a week is not good craic ... Only 2 months more of this and then I will scale back to 50+ hrs a week hopefully.

Americans be crazy yo!
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                        Vincent... PLEASE go for it
                                                                                        Superb use of the bbv sir. I almost puked with laughter.

Comment

AIB makes a billion+ in 2014. Hopefully Noonan resists the temptation to sell now as that will surely be 2 billion within 3 years.

Comment

AIB makes a billion+ in 2014. Hopefully Noonan resists the temptation to sell now as that will surely be 2 billion within 3 years.
                                                                                            Based on what?
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

So Kayroo, what happens next in the Battle of Gorse Hill? Court orders, warrants, arrests?
                                                                                              Are we going to see the O'Donnells dragged out in their dressing gowns anytime soon, or does it dance through the courts for an indeterminable length of time. Beades referred to 'bringing it to Europe', is this possible in this sort of case and would they get to stay in the house for the x years this would take.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                Justified and elementary only decent stuff there. I suppose banshee has tits but otherwise is horrible. You left 2 broke girls and the Big Bang theory off that list!!!
                                                                                                You don't seriously like them do you?
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  Are we going to see the O'Donnells dragged out in their dressing gowns anytime soon.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                    Three nights in a row working past midnight... FML

That is on top of working both Saturday and sunday. Tomorrow not looking much better also. This working 75+ hrs a week is not good craic ... Only 2 months more of this and then I will scale back to 50+ hrs a week hopefully.

Americans be crazy yo!
                                                                                                    That's fucking ridiculous. No wonder the yanks are so highly strung.

No AL entitlements or maternity/paternity leave entitlements too I believe.

Exploitation rebranded as 'Hard Work' IMO.

Comment

Based on what?
                                                                                                      Most airlines lose money most of the time so when Aer Lingus is doing well and in demand it is a good time to sell.
                                                                                                      Most Banks make money most of the time, when they are scraping by is a bad time to sell.

Comment

Come on Tv3, get it on site!

Haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to it though.

Edit: 10 mins later and it's up. Do we have a TV3 worker amongst us?
                                                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 05-03-15, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          Come on Tv3, get it on site!

Haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to it though.

Edit: 10 mins later and it's up. Do we have a TV3 worker amongst us?
                                                                                                          Not worth watching, Beades is just an ordinary enough fool and Browne is a pathetic bully and not 10% as clever as he thinks he is.

Comment

Ordered a Skin for my Ecig. Its quite cool I think

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                              That's fucking ridiculous. No wonder the yanks are so highly strung.

No AL entitlements or maternity/paternity leave entitlements too I believe.

Exploitation rebranded as 'Hard Work' IMO.
                                                                                                              I was writing code at half one this morning and in at eight, an hour late, for a separate job that was scheduled. It doesn't happen very often but it is remarkable the amount of people who are unwilling to do it when it is needed.

Has to be worth it though and that is not just about money. What RDIII was suggesting for his team last week (a random surprise day off for everyone who had been grinding hard for weeks) is the kind of thing that works better than cash.

Comment

El Stuntman wants the state to keep ownership of Irish banks?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  Most airlines lose money most of the time so when Aer Lingus is doing well and in demand it is a good time to sell.
                                                                                                                  Most Banks make money most of the time, when they are scraping by is a bad time to sell.
                                                                                                                  I meant based on what makes him sure it would be worth 2b in 3 years?

Comment

Based on what?
                                                                                                                    Duopolies are historically cash cows.

Comment

I meant based on what makes him sure it would be worth 2b in 3 years?
                                                                                                                      Hang on, it's already 'worth' €49.2bn

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        El Stuntman wants the state to keep ownership of Irish banks?

Temporarily

Until we get 21bn and change for it anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                          Hang on, it's already 'worth' €49.2bn
                                                                                                                          You know what I meant... Time for bed.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X