This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Yeah, should be about 4am, you should stay up.

what you think of this tune Conor ? he played whelans last year. Lovely tune based off an old irish poem, no crying now

'Saro' from the Sam Amidon album 'All Is Well' released on Bedroom Community 2008. Video by Jeremy Blatter.http://samamidon.bandcamp.com/http://bedroomcommun...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
      They are also often a top laugh, have interesting stories and enjoy cups of tea.
      Dunno if you have graced a theatre with your presence but I strongly recommend going to this play by Pat Kinevane on Wednesday 25th Feb in the Pavillion Theatre Dun Laoghaire (it's about old people):

And by the by, the next night Kinevane is doing Silent, which is probably in my top 3 plays, it's brilliant. I will be there the Friday when he does his new play Underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSolsks View Post
        what you think of this tune Conor ? he played whelans last year. Lovely tune based off an old irish poem, no crying now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7pZvQPvcg
        That's real nice. Lovely composition, love how the brass gives way to the strings mid way. Did he have brass and strings at the gig?
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

After talking and trying to piece some kind of info together we think, she possibly did share a taxi with me , came to room took off shoes , maybe layed down on bed but then had to go to the loo and maybe went to wrong door and ended up on next level for a piss or something, then came back to room to get in , i was in a coma and deffo wouldnt answer and possibly ( I fucking hope not!) headed down to reception in her knickers to get a key? hahahhahahahha
          If she went upstairs for a widdle, why would she leave her bags there?

Comment

If she went upstairs for a widdle, why would she leave her bags there?
            bags? what you mean lol?
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              ''That's championship weight, tell Jose I'm coming''

He's quality on the mic.
              He's pure pantomime by times but so entertaining. Looking forward to Cowboy-Henderson too.

Comment

That's real nice. Lovely composition, love how the brass gives way to the strings mid way. Did he have brass and strings at the gig?
                I didn't know there would be follow up questions. I want out Ted

Comment

bags? what you mean lol?
                  It's Dublinese for Pance.

Comment

''That's championship weight, tell Jose I'm coming''

He's quality on the mic.
                    What time in that vid is his weigh in?

Comment

I didn't know there would be follow up questions. I want out Ted
                      You play the Uke Willie?

Comment

It's Dublinese for Pance.
                        oh lol , we have talked this through and through, no idea. she gets delirious with drink , she wpuldnt know wtf she would be doing. maybe thought the bed was nearby and while pissing on the floor kicked off the pance and headed back to bed ( reception )

I have often come home went to loo and kicked off the pants while weeing , left them there and climbed into bed lol
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

You play the Uke Willie?

What's wrong with this pic ? (dunno how to link the pic)

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

What time in that vid is his weigh in?
                            End of the video.
                            Last edited by NiceandcoolTrig; 17-01-15, 22:34.

Comment

What's wrong with this pic ? (dunno how to link the pic)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
                              Ah that's deadly

You're a lefty?

Comment

Bet you'll still be looking for a stream at 4 am.
                                Will be fast asleep and it won't bother me one bit

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                  Will be fast asleep and it won't bother me one bit
                                  Whether you're a fan of him or not, tonight will be Irish sporting history in the making. I for one am not hitting the leaba.

Comment

You play the Uke Willie?
                                    Debut album TOO DRUNK TO PLUCK out nowCD/LP http://thepukes.co.uk/drunk-pluck/DIGITAL https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/id890889354http://www.thepukes.co.ukh...
                                    sigpic
                                    www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                                      lol, deadly. Chicks need to be about 20 years younger tho

Comment

LOL, excellent

If it's a youtube fight ye want :-)

http://relaxon.tv/ watch utube funny videos...

Comment

In town for a few pints, is there some place to go to catch the fight later?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                            Loads m8

Comment

Sheriff street?
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Abracababra, Westmoreland st
                                                Mickey Ds, o'Connell Street
                                                Burger King Grafton Street (after 3)

SuperMacs (any branch from now)

Comment

A few of my mates headed into The Living Room, ticket only though, afaik you can get then up till midnight.

I'm staying in, hope fooking streams hold up.

Comment

Sheriff street?

FECK , wanna go on the road ? (I'll bring the cats)

Comment

FECK , wanna go on the road ? (I'll bring the cats)
                                                      Im off to bed, unable....... cant party like I used to!
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Just watching MOTD, you'd be fair sickened if you had Tottenham to win 3-1.
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Is the fight not tomorrow night?

Comment

Are we still trolling Finkel or is there collateral damage?

Comment

For Tea/MMA aficionados:

You'll be hard-pressed to find a bigger tea enthusiast out there than UFC flyweight Paddy Holohan, who meets Shane Howell Sunday night at UFC Fight Night 59....

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                Are we still trolling Finkel or is there collateral damage?
                                                                You are top of the list boy

Comment

whiplash is a fucking great movie

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                    Best of the season so far for me. Yet to see birdman, inherent vice or a year of violence
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      The theory of everything and whiplash were pretty crap. The main actor/ress held Theory of everything together.
                                                                      Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                      Do you have to be a music/drums fanboy to enjoy whiplash?

JK will always be Vern Schillinger to me

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

JK will always be Vern Schillinger to me
                                                                        Not at all. Give it a watch its short and fantastic
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                          not at all. It's only 90 mins too - real old school nicely timed movie

Also - i'm beginning to think TA's taste in movies is as bad as Sat Nav's

Comment

@ Willie/Zod, would I pick up the uke easy enough?

What's standard Ukulele tuning, is it EADGBE, are chord shapes the same?

Comment

Nah, don't need to be a music fan to enjoy it.

Whiplash
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              The scene when the truck hit the car and he ends up trying to play covered in cuts and bruises spoiled the film to a large degree for myself. Lazy heavy handed way to make a leap forward in the story line. It felt very unrealistic and quite ridiculous which was completely out of context even within this film.

Opr

Comment

OPR: the 'perfect' film doesn't exist. When you watch a lot of films every year I'll forgive an absolute ton for a film that delivers such a riveting finale as Whiplash does. There just isn't much great filmmaking being produced each year. And if that's all that had to be forgiven I can dig.

I actually can't wait to go and see it a second time. Definite cinema experience too.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                  OPR: the 'perfect' film doesn't exist.
                                                                                  Heat.

Comment

Heat.
                                                                                    I'm still salty that he turned the car around.

But yeah, point taken.
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                      You are top of the list boy
                                                                                      You need a face turn for a bit. Heel has gone stale.

Comment

You need a face turn for a bit. Heel has gone stale.
                                                                                        I'm not a nice guy

Comment

HYPE HYPE HYPE...

can't wait for this...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I'm probably being incredibly harsh Lloyd. It is still fairly fresh in the head as I only seen it earlier today so was thinking about it quite a bit for the last few hours. If I hadn't loved it so much in other ways I don't think I would have been as annoyed at that scene. Fair play to the director, it is some achievement of a film for a guy who isnt even 30 yet.

Opr

Comment

Would anyone here know of any businesses (generally any size), preferably in the Tipp/Waterford area that don't have a website that could benefit from one?

I've a college project to do which requires us to design a website for a business that doesn't have an existing one and I'm hoping to have someone by Wednesday.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                I'm still salty that he turned the car around.

But yeah, point taken.
                                                                                                We wouldn't have had such a perfect ending had he kept on to LAX.

Comment

@ Willie/Zod, would I pick up the uke easy enough?

What's standard Ukulele tuning, is it EADGBE, are chord shapes the same?
                                                                                                  meh, it's only 4 strings . (one is C) You play guitar? you have a grasp of theory?. A doddle I'd say

I wouldn't bother though. Get a mandolin instead if yer trying to branch out. A UKle is a step back in my view. bit of fun though i guess.

Comment

Myself and my best pal went to Dublin last night for Hanson's birthday, great night. Ended up on Leeson street drinking big bottles of vino, we drank ALOT . anyway have no recollection of getting back to The Temple Bar Hotel, none whatsoever. Dont even know if friend was with me in taxi as I am known for just wandering off home alone when I have decided that I have had enough, dont really give a fuck who I leave behind lol

So fast forward to 10am this morning, i am in bits still drunk . went up the hallway in the pjs to the goodie machine to get lucozade and s&v pringles , came back got back into the bed to munch the pringles, yer wan started stirring across the way. She got up and was yapping away about the price of drink in Dublin and went to grab her new (fake) leather trousers to check how much money she had left.

But.... she couldnt find them, ANYWHERE. I am lying in the bed watching her turn the fucking place upside down while saying for fuck sake where's me pants( pure country Tipp accent) I paid fucking 55 quid for them cunts!

She actually opened the safe to see were they in there??? (what like she folded them into a neat square at 5am and placed them in the safe?) by the time she turned the mattress up I was absolutely pissing myself in the bed and thought ah heorr , shur they must be here somewhere so i started looking with her, even checked the little bin in the loo.

was all very odd as he heels she was wearing were beside the room door and her top was on the floor but no "pance" ( as she spells them)

She then said ah I'll ring reception and ask, im like wtf why would you do that like? fucking stupid. any way she rang, in a big tipp accent, " howya just wondering did ya find a black pance" I am now after wetting the sheet , i am fucking pissing myself laughing!

No they didnt find a black pants. So then she goes to the door sticks the head out, big black see through lacy knickers on her and spots housekeeping. " EXCUSE ME , OI, HELLO, by any chance did ya find a black pance anywhere?

Housekeeping in broken english" did it have belt" YESSSSS yes they did have a belt. Yes we have them housekeeper says, we found them on the 4th floor landing????

we are staying on 3rd floor wtf

i then noticed we had 3 key cards, so....

After talking and trying to piece some kind of info together we think, she possibly did share a taxi with me , came to room took off shoes , maybe layed down on bed but then had to go to the loo and maybe went to wrong door and ended up on next level for a piss or something, then came back to room to get in , i was in a coma and deffo wouldnt answer and possibly ( I fucking hope not!) headed down to reception in her knickers to get a key? hahahhahahahha

She deffo had no reason at all to be on 4th floor, we didnt drink in hotel bar, she didnt meet a man so that is deffo ruled out

Same girl has pissed in my hotpress and landing several time...

anyway she got them back thank fuck and thank fuck her knickers were on her and not inside the "PANCE"
                                                                                                    That type of thing happened me a few times in my 20's. On one occasion in a hostel I went to bed in my room, drunk obviously, and woke up in a different room on a different floor with only my boxers on.

Another time when camping I woke up and at some point while asleep I thought it would be a good idea to hang my boxers on a tree outside my tent.

Comment

meh, it's only 4 strings . (one is C) You play guitar? you have a grasp of theory?. A doddle I'd say

I wouldn't bother though. Get a mandolin instead if yer trying to branch out. A UKle is a step back in my view. bit of fun though i guess.
                                                                                                      Oh yeah, doh.

Not trying to branch out as such, I've a long way to go with the axe as it is, I just like the sound of the uke. I'm playing that Eddie Vedder tune on the guitar with a capo on 7 and there's only so much of it I can do with no cut away, would love to have a go of it on a ukulele.

Comment

Oh yeah, doh.

Not trying to branch out as such, I've a long way to go with the axe as it is, I just like the sound of the uke. I'm playing that Eddie Vedder tune on the guitar with a capo on 7 and there's only so much of it I can do with no cut away, would love to have a go of it on a ukulele.
                                                                                                        not sure which song you mean, if yer struggling hitting some chords maybe you just need to adjust your elbow a wee bit to change the angle. Also might be worth having your setup looked at (high action etc) Ask the guys in x music for a name.

and now a music joke

What's the definition of perfect pitch?

When you feck an accordian into a skip and it hits an ukulele

ps learn this, should keep you busy for a decade . hypnotic

Lindsey Buckingham - Big Love | Go Insane - Live at the Bass Performance Hall Fort Worth, Texas 2008This Tribute channel is not monetized and receives no mon...
                                                                                                        Last edited by SonofSolsks; 18-01-15, 00:40.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                          Would anyone here know of any businesses (generally any size), preferably in the Tipp/Waterford area that don't have a website that could benefit from one?

I've a college project to do which requires us to design a website for a business that doesn't have an existing one and I'm hoping to have someone by Wednesday.

Thanks
                                                                                                          Try google some of the pubs/clubs you know in the area, chances are most won't have their own website (or much internet presence at all) and could probably benefit from one (or even if its no benefit to them its doesn't really matter within project work)

Comment

Oh yeah, doh.

I think it was a mandolin Eddie used on the recording of the song you linked.

Quite a few bands we book have mandolin players in them. This years OutCider headliner is one of them:

And this lot from a sold out gig we put on last year:

The Dreadnoughts with the title song from their latest album - Polka Never Dies. Live at The Exchange, Bristol. Fuelled By Cider presents Four Pints of the S...

These chaps add in a bit of Banjo as well:

New track from the up coming album 'Out of Anger', which is out October 13th (UK) and November 17th (Mainland Europe) on TNS Records. Preorder the album here...
                                                                                                            sigpic
                                                                                                            www.d4events.com

Comment

No croker show, Aldo McGregor in Vegas providing he wins.

Also wtf was with the mc calling Pendred 'Carl' at the weigh ins?

Comment

Quite a few bands we book have mandolin players in them. This years OutCider headliner is one of them:

These chaps add in a bit of Banjo as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFgi_wxZvGg
                                                                                                                this folk meets punk tune is fecking hopping. Love it. So when they booking Dublin ?

Comment

what channel is showing the CMG fight?

Comment

got e mail...

sooo sad

First of all, please excuse me for being so direct with you. I am Woods Ella,
                                                                                                                    age 16, daughter to late Mr. & Mrs. Woods, who both died in an helicopter
                                                                                                                    crash in France while inspecting one of our new acquisitions 30 July, 2012.

Ever since this incident occurred, i have been leaving with my only aunty
                                                                                                                    and her husband here in Daugavpils, Latvia. Just few days ago, i got some
                                                                                                                    information from my late dad Lawyer that my aunty and her husband are
                                                                                                                    making arrangement to claim the only money without my consent which
                                                                                                                    my late parent "WILL" to me.

The lawyer has advised me to do something fast before it will be too late.

I have contacted you to stand as my "TRUSTEE", so the entire fund will be
                                                                                                                    credited to your account, for you to put the fund into any profitable business
                                                                                                                    right there in your country or you keep funds in your account until I complete
                                                                                                                    my education.

In simplicity and truthfulness, i will let you have a reasonable part of the
                                                                                                                    fund as soon as the fund gets into your home account for helping me.

YOUR UNDERSTANDING WILL BE APPRECIATED. I await your prompt
                                                                                                                    response for further details. Please discard this mail if you disagree
                                                                                                                    with my request.

Comment

Oh yeah Mike, you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                        got e mail...

sooo sad

First of all, please excuse me for being so direct with you. I am Woods Ella,
                                                                                                                        age 16, daughter to late Mr. & Mrs. Woods, who both died in an helicopter
                                                                                                                        crash in France while inspecting one of our new acquisitions 30 July, 2012.

Ever since this incident occurred, i have been leaving with my only aunty
                                                                                                                        and her husband here in Daugavpils, Latvia. Just few days ago, i got some
                                                                                                                        information from my late dad Lawyer that my aunty and her husband are
                                                                                                                        making arrangement to claim the only money without my consent which
                                                                                                                        my late parent "WILL" to me.

The lawyer has advised me to do something fast before it will be too late.

I have contacted you to stand as my "TRUSTEE", so the entire fund will be
                                                                                                                        credited to your account, for you to put the fund into any profitable business
                                                                                                                        right there in your country or you keep funds in your account until I complete
                                                                                                                        my education.

In simplicity and truthfulness, i will let you have a reasonable part of the
                                                                                                                        fund as soon as the fund gets into your home account for helping me.

YOUR UNDERSTANDING WILL BE APPRECIATED. I await your prompt
                                                                                                                        response for further details. Please discard this mail if you disagree
                                                                                                                        with my request.
                                                                                                                        Change email address to the notsodrunkenone or thesoberone and these will stop.

Comment

Oh yeah, doh.

Banjo ftw
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X