Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Wait your saying if you miss being rostered on the bank holiday you miss out on the lieu? I'd assume that's normal and luck of the draw. I think they worked out some sort of average for us and applied the lieu for the average amount of bank holidays a person works but you could be lucky and only end up wworking one or two, and get the same lieu as the person who works 7 or whatever.
    airport, lol

Comment

@ tipp

Tbh, my understanding is that you're correct, you're not getting the fair deal here.
      Whether you're rota'd in or not for the bank holiday, you should still be working the same amount of shifts in a set period as your colleagues who do work the bank holiday & get a day in lieu for it.

Essentially if you work 5 x 8 hour days per week & don't work the bank holiday, then you should probably be working 4 x 8 hour shifts that week instead. At the very least you should be working one less shift that month due to there being a bank holiday.
      Last edited by one ill cat; 21-10-14, 17:21.
      . .

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
        Im not all that bothered by him. I believe he told me to kill myself a few months back. The one or two people on here that do let him get at them are the ones I feel sorry for.

Ya the consensus is he is ok in real life but surely there comes a point where people who briefly know him in real life will start to look at his online persona to judge him.
        I hope that people do not apply this criterion to you for your sake

Comment

What did he post I missed it

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Lol finkel being the voice of reason; same man who used to wish cancer on people who pointed out he was wrong about something
            Never did this btw, often wish death or injury on people alright

Comment

Denny is a mod???

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                Never did this btw, often wish death or injury on people alright
                Did; to me

I do however have a particular skill with regard to getting under peoples skin when the mood takes
                Last edited by Guest; 21-10-14, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                  @ tipp

Tbh, my understanding is that you're correct, you're not getting the fair deal here.
                  Whether you're rota'd in or not for the bank holiday, you should still be working the same amount of shifts in a set period as your colleagues who do work the bank holiday & get a day in lieu for it.

Essentially if you work 5 x 8 hour days per week & don't work the bank holiday, then you should probably be working 4 x 8 hour shifts that week instead. At the very least you should be working one less shift that month due to there being a bank holiday.
                  Nope. As Eamon says, it's the luck of the draw. this kind of stuff is compensated for in his shift allowance. It's annoying but that's working for The Man for ya.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Currently dossing bout notting hill listening to the foggy dew on repeat.

I may need a holiday from "that London"

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                      Did; to me

I do however have a particular skill with regard to getting under peoples skin when the mood takes
                      I've never wished cancer on anyone, everything else most likely

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                        No wonder your in snooker business
                        You are a serious drooler, God help anyone who has to rely on or look up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                          Nope. As Eamon says, it's the luck of the draw. this kind of stuff is compensated for in his shift allowance. It's annoying but that's working for The Man for ya.
                          Are you sure?
                          I work shifts as opposed to Mon-Fri, I get the extra day off whether I work the bank hol or not.
                          My sister is a hairdresser. The shop she works in is closed every Monday, as they open on Saturdays instead. On weeks of bank holiday Mondays, the shop stays closed on the Tuesday so they all get a 3 day weekend just the same.
                          . .

Comment

Soft peno that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                Just like a lot of teenagers; only he just forgot to grow out of it.
                                A man who is not a communist at 20 has no heart, a man who is still a communist at 30 has no head and all that.

Speaking of communism, I am currently reading a very enjoyable (only read 4 stories atm) short story collection set in China that was recommended to me called The Bridegroom by the Chinese writer Ha Jin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Would have thought you get the 9 bank holidays in lieu no matter the roster. As in they are 9 extra holidays that everyone gets?
                                  It actually could be, I get a lot of time off so don't ask much questions about it
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                    [spoiler] Rita Hayworth says "I'm Ready"
                                    [/QUOTE]

pfft, already said that da

Would have thought you get the 9 bank holidays in lieu no matter the roster. As in they are 9 extra holidays that everyone gets?
                                    Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                    I was enquiring about my bank holiday pay etc....

This was outlined to em when I questioned it

Case 1 - In a week where I work on the bank holiday day – you get paid for working the day and you get the bank holiday as a day in lieu

Case 2 - In a week where I work my 40 hours but it does not include the bank holiday eg: Tuesday to Friday night –

you don’t get any day in lieu and just get paid for the normal working week

Is this not super unusual and essentially I am losing out on 9 days wages that every other worker in the country gets? Is this even legal?

1 is normal.
                                    2 is not kosher.

Are you coming to the wrestling fink? You can stay in mine. Few cuddles.
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Caught Gone Girl today and thought Fincher nailed it, his streak of ok movie/great movie is intact.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Walking Dead episode comic spoiler stuff

SPOILER
                                        Bob playing the role of Dale in this episode anyhow. It takes the tension out of it when I know what happens there, and the same with Gabriel's 'secret'.
                                        Can you elaborate on that? I'm about so if it's happened in that time obviously say nothing, plus it's been awhile since I read a lot of the comics and stuff slips the mind.
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          Caught Gone Girl today and thought Fincher nailed it, his streak of ok movie/great movie is intact.
                                          You catch up on 30 for 30s?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                            Can you elaborate on that? I'm about so if it's happened in that time obviously say nothing, plus it's been awhile since I read a lot of the comics and stuff slips the mind.
                                            WD comic spoilers

SPOILER

If you haven't read the comics as far as the hunters bit (cannibals) don't read this.
                                            SPOILER

In the comics Dale got bit, told no one but wandered off on his own and got caught by the hunters who then ate his leg. He laughed and told them that they were all going to die as well from eating the poisoned flesh just as Rick and the gang showed up to kill everyone.

The priest's secret is that he locked the church doors while lots of people were trying to get in to be safe from the walkers, but he wouldn't let them in, hence the marks Carl saw outside.

Comment

Didier is a legend
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Ajax are hopeless.

Comment

Anyone watching Roma v Bayern , have Roma been awful or Bayern been brilliant?

Comment

Some amount of goals tonight! Not sure if teams play better after the internationals or what but they are much more fun to watch
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Is it possible to conceive of a worse structure for a competition than the Champions League? Mind bogglingly boring, designed in such a way as to inflate the number of meaningless no contest games between teams that couldn't give a shit to the maximum degree while ensuring that the stakes are as low as possible for the big teams for as long as possible.

Sitting watching it here contemplating putting my eyes out with a spoon. The worst entertainment in existence outside of that Big Bang Theory garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        Is it possible to conceive of a worse structure for a competition than the Champions League? Mind bogglingly boring, designed in such a way as to inflate the number of meaningless no contest games between teams that couldn't give a shit to the maximum degree while ensuring that the stakes are as low as possible for the big teams for as long as possible.

Sitting watching it here contemplating putting my eyes out with a spoon. The worst entertainment in existence outside of that Big Bang Theory garbage.
                                                        I think you need to start betting
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You had me till the last bit (not watching any football till after Xmas)

However:

Comment

Your avatar renders your opinion somewhat open to question.

Comment

Someone insert Keane.gif

Comment

A very good Simpsons from last Sunday.

The Kubrick section was mighty.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

It seems to be working though.
                                                                  How many people football fans are interested in games in far flung countrys.
                                                                  Its by far the worlds most popular game and people call teams from foreign countrys (WE)?

Champions league should be the top team from every euro country but that would be the end of the gravy train for teams that finish second or third in there respective leagues or bloody 4th.
                                                                  Its a pure safety net as are the group stages.
                                                                  Fair play to fifa getting so many people to worship the (beautiful) game.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Grrr too many marginal choices ... So I'm probably leaning towards the OnePlus for value what do I have to do to get one?
                                                                    Looking at the same, battery life is very very good apparently. 15 hours doable for very high usage, Danny posted a graph showing 2+ days battery life left on his recently. Worth a gamble at that price imo.

Comment

Yea Jack, ordoliberal economic model... So Merkel is as bad as Hitler, yea?

Germany pursuing policies that allowed Nazis come to power
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Big shout out to Dobman.
                                                                        Left the jacket in the regency over the IPO weekend. He got it, held on to it and dropped it into reception in the skylon with all its expensive contents. Never met the man which makes it all the better.
                                                                        IPB delivers

Comment

Germany is building massive autobahns building up the Wehrmacht Luftwaffe and the Kriegsmarine?

Comment

Solanke on for Chelsea
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Means policies pre nazis as in what hitler ran against surely.

He is hoping that a socialist who seeks to redress the distribution of wealth, create zero unemployment and build one hell of a road network will show up next.

I presume the German voters are quite happy being in charge if Europe and making the money so doubt they will be going socialist again.

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                                                                                Are you sure?
                                                                                I work shifts as opposed to Mon-Fri, I get the extra day off whether I work the bank hol or not.
                                                                                My sister is a hairdresser. The shop she works in is closed every Monday, as they open on Saturdays instead. On weeks of bank holiday Mondays, the shop stays closed on the Tuesday so they all get a 3 day weekend just the same.
                                                                                That's how it was in my last job. I'm sure some employers do this in the interest of fairness, but it's not a legal obligation by any stretch.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

On the flip side, dobman robbed my coat. Swings and roundabouts innit.
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                    You can purchase a Leap card at most newsagents, or at the train or bus station.
                                                                                    It costs €5, which is a refundable deposit, and then you top it up with credit. You can pay for as many fares on the bus as you like, once you have credit, but not on the dart or train. You will save quite a bit over cash fares too.
                                                                                    Thanks for all the info you gave me FW, herself asked me this eve how do I know which bus tk get and what stop to go to. Felt like a right boss explaining everything, lol.

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                    Big shout out to Dobman.
                                                                                    Left the jacket in the regency over the IPO weekend. He got it, held on to it and dropped it into reception in the skylon with all its expensive contents. Never met the man which makes it all the better.
                                                                                    IPB delivers
                                                                                    No probs at all Jibzzzz, catch you for a pint next time.

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                    On the flip side, dobman robbed my coat. Swings and roundabouts innit.
                                                                                    Yeah I gave it to some homeless lad and he laughed and chucked it in the river. Said he didn't wear the cheap tat.

Comment

...

Comment

Really not looking forward to playing Chelsea on Sunday. Beautiful football to watch, hard to see any team stopping them this season. Possibly Madrid or Bayern in Europe.

Comment

Think I may have a virus but malwarebytes or defender showing nothing. when I type in address bar it takes forever , delay thing. was using currency converter and the same crack Also if i press control plus or minus same thing delay. any ideas please?

HP Navy blue laptop windows 8.1
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

There's one thing I don't get with all this physics.

They've traced back to the big bang - the basic particles pass through the higgs boson and that gives them mass. They then spread out around the universe, but the mass only slows there move away from the centre of the big bang and they're still continuing on that journey.

Okay, so the above is the first part. We're going somewhere.

Then part two. These particles start forming themselves into things. All the elements. DNA is formed, eventually leading to humans and other animals who are made of much of the same material as the rest of the planet, with the exception of DNA. That takes ages, but it happens.

So that's the second part - these particles have some urge to do something.

The thing then is: why is the focus of theoretical physics not then on what's going to happen next? We're moving somewhere rapidly and we have these particles that have shown a constant desire to innovate. There's a dramatically different future ahead clearly (thinking billions of years ahead), but there doesn't seem to be much focus on the future trends which are the really big deal?

^^^ obv in any reference to actual physics theory above, e.g. Higgs, there's going to be vast errors, but think the general idea is right
                                                                                              Nerds can't even read the past correctly; what fuckin chance have they got of predicting the future?

Comment

They've traced back to the big bang - the basic particles pass through the higgs boson and that gives them mass. They then spread out around the universe, but the mass only slows there move away from the centre of the big bang and they're still continuing on that journey.

Then part two. These particles start forming themselves into things. All the elements. DNA is formed, eventually leading to humans and other animals who are made of much of the same material as the rest of the planet, with the exception of DNA. That takes ages, but it happens.

The thing then is: why is the focus of theoretical physics not then on what's going to happen next? We're moving somewhere rapidly and we have these particles that have shown a constant desire to innovate. There's a dramatically different future ahead clearly (thinking billions of years ahead), but there doesn't seem to be much focus on the future trends which are the really big deal?

^^^ obv in any reference to actual physics theory above, e.g. Higgs, there's going to be vast errors, but think the general idea is right
                                                                                                How I imagine Hitch this evening:

Comment

There are very few structures you can come up with that aren't liable to have one-sided matches - there are generally always 3 or 4 teams way ahead of everyone else. Its always been this way even when it was knockout (despite the nostalgia buzz for the old format).

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                  Champions league should be the top team from every euro country but that would be the end of the gravy train for teams that finish second or third in there respective leagues or bloody 4th.
                                                                                                  Its a pure safety net as are the group stages.
                                                                                                  Why should soccer be a one team per country champions league whilst other sports aren't? Like I don't hear anyone demanding that our Basketball Champions Limerick Eagles should go into the Euroleague in place of one of the multiple Spanish, Greek or Turkish teams.
                                                                                                  And does anyone in rugby think that Ireland should just be sending Leinster to the HCup with the other places going to the champions of Portugal or Norway etc.
                                                                                                  Ultimately if one per country is such a good idea then why dont other sports do it?

Personally I like to look at from the pov that if you were starting the comp from virgin territory tomorrow which would be the more obvious format, a) one per country or b) multiple representatives per country for those countries that perform best over a timeframe. Obvious answer is B imo.
                                                                                                  To suggest for example that Barcelona (runners up in Spain) shouldn't be in this competition but that the champions of Luxembourg should be is madness.

Comment

Of course people have been looking forward. What Einstein called his 'greatest blunder' was including a fudge factor to his field equations whereby the maths would only work if the expansion of the universe was accelerating. Turns out he was right. Read up on it: the cosmological constant.

One of the main theories for the fate of the Universe is the Big Crunch:

Another one I like springing on the wide eyed and optimistic first years is the heat death of the Universe:

Last edited by Guest; 21-10-14, 21:12.

Comment

As ye know Mia is obsessed with Minecraft and more so obsessed with Stampylongnose, who is this person
                                                                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rICmWVI8Dm8

He has a FB page and she is constantly getting me to put up a picture or video or absolutly anything just to get one like from him. but for months and months nothing. Last night she printed off a Halloween pic from the net and spent ages colouring it in and got me to post it , she said she would try get in early with a Halloween pic, a few of my friends liked it last night but when I got up this morning , I spotted this:

Well it was like santa came to this house this morning, I should have captured it on video, to say she was chuffed was an understatement , when she got home from school , she went to the two neighbours to show them proud as punch! over 2 k likes , ah the simple things!
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

The big bang never happened. You heard it here first.
                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...
                                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-10-14, 21:27.

Comment

Hmm, has Sickpuppy ever lived in gods own county

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                              As ye know Mia is obsessed with Minecraft and more so obsessed with Stampylongnose, who is this person
                                                                                                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rICmWVI8Dm8

He has a FB page and she is constantly getting me to put up a picture or video or absolutly anything just to get one like from him. but for months and months nothing. Last night she printed off a Halloween pic from the net and spent ages colouring it in and got me to post it , she said she would try get in early with a Halloween pic, a few of my friends liked it last night but when I got up this morning , I spotted this:

Well it was like santa came to this house this morning, I should have captured it on video, to say she was chuffed was an understatement , when she got home from school , she went to the two neighbours to show them proud as punch! over 2 k likes , ah the simple things!
                                                                                                              Lol, that's great Michelle, my daughter is equally obsessed with Minecraft and Stampy videos.

Comment

ooh, that looks interesting. It seems we have only 10^100 years to sort this out.
                                                                                                                Quit your hustling for your €1k physics-off bet. Never heard of the big crunch my ass

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                  Lol, that's great Michelle, my daughter is equally obsessed with Minecraft and Stampy videos.
                                                                                                                  does his voice irritate you too?

Drives me nuts, all weekend all I can hear is :
                                                                                                                  " Hellooooo this is Stampy"
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    Of course people have been looking forward. What Einstein called his 'greatest blunder' was including a fudge factor to his field equations whereby the maths would only work if the expansion of the universe was accelerating. Turns out he was right. Read up on it: the cosmological constant.

One of the main theories for the fate of the Universe is the Big Crunch:

Another one I like springing on the wide eyed and optimistic first years is the heat death of the Universe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe
                                                                                                                    Is it ok now to use Wikipedia as a reference ? Not being a dick but a few years ago, once someone quoted a wiki article it was game over, can a student reference them in a thesis ?

I understand why you used them, its probably simpler for a lay man to get through them then say the actual scientific paper and i am sure the wiki article references the paper so all seems to be right with the world again.

Isn't it great when we reach these conclusions ourselves.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone looking for a new show to watch, this is very good. not what i was expecting. I reckon the males will enjoy it too, have no idea where its going. Thriller mystery type thing with plenty of hows yer father in the first EP. i am now on the second EP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Til6Nt2ps9s
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Read this IMO

This website is for sale! multivax.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, multivax.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Finks is me m8 and business partner. Top guy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X