X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    suggestion on coats?
    We have a thread on this stuff you know!

A nice Bugatti works well. RDIII picked up a lovely Strellson recently online for a great price.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

A nice Bugatti works well. RDIII picked up a lovely Strellson recently online for a great price.
      Sark off!

You didn't answer me last time...

Comment

Sark off!

You didn't answer me last time...
        Touche! You mentioned a ski jacket so I just switched off!! Lol

Do you wear a suit for work Emmet or are you looking for something for a more casual and young look?
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Can somebody recommend a decent track suit?

Comment

I've a Strellson from the end of last year that's in perfect condition but just a little too large for me. Can you alter a wool coat like that or I better off just getting something new?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              What would I get a 'oh that guy looks swishy suit, lets hire him over the guy who is clearly brighter but lacks the same perfect sense of fashion' for, and where? Is around €500 / Louis Copeland the answer? (€500 = over/underspending?)
              go to somewhere like hacketts. Their suits are 2nd to none in terms of quality before going up to the Brioni level

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                Are you talking just the suit or the trappings too? Did I get ripped off?
                Just the suit, got it in a closing down sale (aren't they all!) for a good price. The trappings can be sorted reaonably as well again if you stick to the basics. I think for someone starting off TM Lewin shirts are perfect you can graduate from there if you need to.

I think the prices you mentioned for LC seems very reasonable.

I went in there Saturday to get an overcoat, he handed me a pure cashmere jacket as I was wearing a jumper and nearly bit. Was €900 but the nicest thing I've ever worn. The coat was a Strellson €350 (list) I think but really like the fit and style.

Agreed on bargain power of buying multiple items.

Also In terms of value ... Fit >>>>>>>> price. Cheap suit that fits beats an expensive one that 'nearly' fits.

Also Denny whats that film?

Comment

Having been told he had ~10 months to live, Wilko Johnson is now cancer free:

Former Dr Feelgood guitarist Wilko Johnson says he has been "cured" of the terminal pancreatic cancer with which he was diagnosed in 2012.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

25th hour

Comment

400 spent on a suit in somewhere like James Herren, a great shirt and tie plus shoes, cufflinks and collar stiffeners plus an all business haircut will do fine.

All in ~ 900 if you don't have some of this stuff already.

Other details like a good quality over suit business coat, an umberella and quality document holder are also very important. People let themselves down badly on details and undo all the good work by looking shit in the lobby or arriving into a business lunch with a cheap ass rainjacket over a suit because it's raining on the day.
                      You're really pushing those fancy umbrella and rainjacket sites that were posted

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      Are you talking just the suit or the trappings too? Did I get ripped off?
                      Depends on what you got, could easily be worth it, suits certainly go for a lot more than that. I doubt you got ripped too badly, probably a bit like everybody. But what matters is that you like it, which would make up the difference.

Buying a suit is a pain in the ass as I hate most of them. Trawled every suit shop in Dublin last time but ended up with a half price Ted baker off the rack in Arnotts in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        I've a Strellson from the end of last year that's in perfect condition but just a little too large for me. Can you alter a wool coat like that or I better off just getting something new?
                        The problem is the shoulders. I had a lovely black wool coat that just looked Shite after I got it made smaller as the shoulders were still too sloppy but the body fitted.

I'm sorry I didn't just donate it to someone instead I ended up throwing it in one of those clothes charity dumps which was painful.

IF it's only a small adjustment on the body it might work if you have a good tailor/seamstress.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                          Having been told he had ~10 months to live, Wilko Johnson is now cancer free:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29727632
                          Delighted!!!

Played our place a couple of times on the farewell tour, he was a bit emotional the last time.

Top fella; fucking trilled!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                            Di Maria is better than Fabregas, anyone disagree with that
                            Yes.

If I was picking a prem XI Fabregas would be the first name on my team.

I accept that Di Maria may have been more influential in La liga but Fabregas is playing in a system which suits him more now.

Comment

Do I need a new email to register a new secret account

Comment

Touche! You mentioned a ski jacket so I just switched off!! Lol

Do you wear a suit for work Emmet or are you looking for something for a more casual and young look?
                                Don't wear a suit, I'm in chinos, shoes and a t shirt today.

Bought a Selected Homme wool coat a year ago for 90% off (love a good bargain), but on the storm days like we had last week I didn't really fancy wearing it. Mostly through ignorance, had no idea if it should be exposed to the elements or not.

Comment

Do I need a new email to register a new secret account
                                  If you are thinking of doing something stupid then don't, although if you were I doubt you'd be posting telling everyone you were going to do it before you created an 'anonymous' account. Just in case though.

Comment

A return to form in my 2014 predictions:

The only really interesting thing on the horizon is the ECB stress tests this year. My prediction is that one major Irish bank will fail these and <drumroll>, that bank will be PTSB.
                                    (secondary prediction: HH will claim that the ECB have failed to understand the genius behind PTSB's revolutionary mix of loss-making trackers that charge lower rates than they give on deposits, plus no fees banking)
                                    Should really have put an effort into talking Hitch into giving me enormous odds on this one.

I shall remain an implied millionaire
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Thread needs more "impactful tie".

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        If you are thinking of doing something stupid then don't, although if you were I doubt you'd be posting telling everyone you were going to do it before you created an 'anonymous' account. Just in case though.
                                        Me thinking of doing something stupid? Surely you jest. I just need to punish someone for poor decision making and trying to be smart

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          Yes, very fashion forward.

Comment

Got a class umbrella for a fiver last week in AldI. Opens automatically, nifty.

On the other hand I spent 40 quid on a pair of ear phones as I've finally come round to realising buying the cheap ones -ev

FAO Hitch, PTSB hitting me up for a negative €2.67 on an unused account that left with a small credit and told them years ago to close. Send an aul tweet there tellibg then to gft plz.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Me thinking of doing something stupid? Surely you jest. I just need to punish someone for poor decision making and trying to be smart
                                              Ok, ok, Di maria is better.

Comment

Hey Finkel:
                                                SPOILER

Comment

I'd be very clever though with my new account, I'd call it Unwell Dog, nobody would guess it was me.

Comment

I'd be very clever though with my new account, I'd call it Unwell Dog, nobody would guess it was me.
                                                    any craics?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                      any craics?
                                                      Just call me the Vet, I'll be putting a poorly creature down very soon

Comment

That was terrible
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          I shall remain an implied millionaire
                                                          Always felt you were more of a latent millionaire than implied...
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

ok vet

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                              ok vet
                                                              Are you On #teamfinkel or #teamsickpuppy?
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                This webpage or this will get you started.

Comment

Baby Jake Toddy Kehoe born this morning at 6am weighing in 7lb 12. Mother and child doing great thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                    Are you On #teamfinkel or #teamsickpuppy?
                                                                    It's very simple, that cabbage posted my fathers name and home address on a public forum twice. He will pay

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                      Baby Jake Toddy Kehoe born this morning at 6am weighing in 7lb 12. Mother and child doing great thankfully.
                                                                      Well done man

Comment

/monocle pops out
                                                                        More like an inferred millionaire Duke, I call tomfoolery!

might get these bad boys http://savilerowco.com/ginger-pleat-...inos-mct320gin pleat or no pleat, oh the choices we face.

Comment

Bought a Selected Homme wool coat a year ago for 90% off (love a good bargain), but on the storm days like we had last week I didn't really fancy wearing it. Mostly through ignorance, had no idea if it should be exposed to the elements or not.
                                                                          Tricky. Do you want 3/4 length for the rain/wind or do you want short to go with your t-shirt??

You could go with a Barbour/Steve McQueen wax jacket type look if that was a style you liked for the autumn/winter.

Here's another option.
                                                                          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 23-10-14, 13:47.

Comment

John would have been a cooler name.

Comment

great name. Congrats Kev!

Comment

How can I pick out 5 shirts on savilerow, this is madness!

Although offcolour collars, what am I, a farmer?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  John would have been a cooler name.
                                                                                  I feel a great sense of disappointment when i remember your name is John, you are false advertising with your username

Comment

Its like realising Tigers real name is Eldrick

Comment

...
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I feel a great sense of disappointment when i remember your name is John, you are false advertising with your username
                                                                                        Terrible really, also probably the least fashionably dressed person as well. Sitting in a variety of Primark stuff here. Must make an effort to read the VforClobber thread.

Comment

...
                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 23-10-14, 13:55.

Comment

Pretty sure that's just an indoor only coat, probably best off not taking a chance that it doesn't work outside.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              Terrible really, also probably the least fashionably dressed person as well. Sitting in a variety of Primark stuff here. Must make an effort to read the VforClobber thread.
                                                                                              You should get your name changed by deedpoll. "Rock Hardman" would be good, I think.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Met a guy the other day who'd just had a kid - himself a PhD philosopher turned business guru; herself a topnotch legal eagle. Both white middle-class countryfolk 30-something Irish. Named the kid: first name - Otto ; middle name - Rza.

tl;dr liking the Jake
                                                                                                Really? That's class. Do they plan on giving all their kids wu tang middle names? Thatd be unreal. Imagine rocking up to school and you're middle name was Ghostface Killah, insta legend
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

The Drool is getting really strong up this neck of the Woods ahead of Fridays match

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                    The Drool is getting really strong up this neck of the Woods ahead of Fridays match
                                                                                                    Maxi? Relatively mild compared to some of his other stunts, at least there is no petrol involved.

Comment

@RDIII seems PTSB only failed in the adverse scenario, according to BB. A win of sorts I'd have thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

I have a mate from Dundalk living in Killarney. When they played Rovers on telly last week he brought a load of us to the pub he works in, hung up his flag and scarf above the fire place and we had a right good night. Should be a few Cork fans in this Friday which should make for good banter. I'm gonna back Dundalk and will cheer for them for that reason.

Tl;dr Everyone loves a Bandwagon.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Congrats to ye.

The lad will be known as Jay all his life though thanks to your surname.

Comment

Ah heyor lads, Toddy?
                                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                  @RDIII seems PTSB only failed in the adverse scenario, according to BB. A win of sorts I'd have thought?
                                                                                                                  interesting angle

it's still a fail and I get to pat myself on the back over my omniscience

(actually you're right, it doesn't matter much and if they re-ran it today, they might well pass!)

I blame HH myself

Comment

Anyone know how big/small The Academy is? Doors 7pm, support at 8pm and gig at 9pm ish. I assume if we rocked up at 8.30-8.45 we would still have a grand view of everything. Gig is sold out, apparently, but is it about the size of a decent night club? No real interest in support act.

Comment

ah that kinda sucks. I was hoping at least Raoul could get some solace from winning his fake bets, given the costly comically-disastrous nature of his bets where he is convinced enough to put real money on the table. Chin up, Raoul.
                                                                                                                      start thinking about 2015 bets btw

I am thinking some kind of mega-bet on the presidential primaries?

Comment

Delighted about wilko. "Eccentric" in the best possible sense and a super guitarist/entertainer. Never had the privilege of seeing him live but if he tours again anywhere nearby I'll be in the queue for tickets.

Mind you, reading the details of all the bits that were from him in "fixing" him I'd wonder about his continuing quality of life. Still, in his case anyway it's better than the alternative I guess!

Comment

This webpage or this will get you started.
                                                                                                                          This is exactly why I was on Go Daddy earlier mulling over options for www.impactfultie.com, I knew you could recommend such items impeccably. Now I'm not gonna lie, I was planning reviews from an ordinary Joe Soap along the lines of that 3 wolf t-shirt on Amazon a few years ago, focusing on the amazing things that happened when a randomer tried such an impactful tie.

Rigger, you need to monetise the site. I'm thinking you don't get to buy the tie, you get to buy a signed photograph of V doing something impactful wearing one.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X