This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UP DONEGAL!! #JimmysWinningMatches

One of the best Donegal performances I've ever seen. Can't believe I'm going to miss another Donegal All Ireland final.

Had a 100 euro on the senior/minor double and $250 on Donegal outright. $5k day Might fly home yet for it!!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

One of the best Donegal performances I've ever seen. Can't believe I'm going to miss another Donegal All Ireland final.

Had a 100 euro on the senior/minor double and $250 on Donegal outright. $5k day Might fly home yet for it!!
      You know it makes sense, just do it

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
        Well done to Donegal but can we all just agree that Gaelic Football is the most rubbish sport around?
        Lol could you have timed that post worse?
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          lol, 3 great games in a row now in the championship and you come out with this crap. The latter stages of the football championship this year have been far better than the hurling.
          Sound.

Any sport can have exciting matches but it doesn't change the fact (imo) that the sport as a whole is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            Lol could you have timed that post worse?
            Results based thinking out of you imo.
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

TY Donegal

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                LOLZ

Over bar the shouting pulling and dragging after five minutes
                LOLZ indeed
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    What's the deal with Remy do you think? Arsenal have allegedly activated his £8.5m release clause aswel, so where is he going?
                    Was always going to us. People like him should pick Arsenal but never will

Why couldn't yous have tried harder ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Bit of advice if you don't mind.

Never really eat breakfast, but gather thats not too healthy. Did get into the awful habit of double-sausage-and-egg McMuffin meal almost every morning last (academic) year, and obviously will be cutting that out. Have a childhood-driven fear of porridge, and breakfast cereal tastes like cack due to not being able to put milk on it.

So, ehh - picked up a few of these protein bars:

So the questions:

(a) Are these in anyway healthy or a good start to the day?

(b) If they're okay, where could I get them cheaper than the horrendous €3.50 that the local Fresh store charges?

^^^ Don't have an opinion on (a) above btw, so if they're absolutely of shite benefit, then would appreciate knowing that!
                      Are you lactose intolerant?

Comment

Comment

Never really eat breakfast, but gather thats not too healthy.

Comment

Yep. Only milk though - doesn't seem to affect cheese / chocolate / yogurt etc
                            eat a yogurt and toast with a cup of juice I would have thought.

I imagine a protein bar before your metabolism fully spins up is not to great but No real basis behind it since steak and eggs is all protein and a great breakfast

Edit
                            On second thoughts get the wife up early to get steak and eggs, fresh squeezed juice and coffee brewing.
                            Last edited by RichieM; 31-08-14, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                              eat a yogurt and toast with a cup of juice I would have thought.

I imagine a protein bar before your metabolism fully spins up is not to great but No real basis behind it since steak and eggs is all protein and a great breakfast
                              I read that quiet differently at first.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Edit
                                On second thoughts get the wife up early to get steak and eggs, fresh squeezed juice and coffee brewing.
                                Did all ye recruiters graduate from Misogyny University ?
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Yep. Only milk though - doesn't seem to affect cheese / chocolate / yogurt etc
                                  Can you not use soya milk or something in your cereal?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    Did all ye recruiters graduate from Misogyny University ?
                                    I failed out unfortunately luckily I can drink milk so can cry into my cereal every morning while dreaming of what could have been.

Comment

Don't eat hot dogs from petrol stations.

Comment

Never really eat breakfast, but gather thats not too healthy. Did get into the awful habit of double-sausage-and-egg McMuffin meal almost every morning last (academic) year, and obviously will be cutting that out. Have a childhood-driven fear of porridge, and breakfast cereal tastes like cack due to not being able to put milk on it.

So, ehh - picked up a few of these protein bars:

So the questions:

(a) Are these in anyway healthy or a good start to the day?

(b) If they're okay, where could I get them cheaper than the horrendous €3.50 that the local Fresh store charges?

^^^ Don't have an opinion on (a) above btw, so if they're absolutely of shite benefit, then would appreciate knowing that!

If it's just general health advice you're looking for with regards to breakfast, it's not unhealthy to skip it if you fancy doing that. If you've other specific goals in mind that might change.

To answer your questions:

1) It depends on your 'goals'. If you've no specific goals in mind and just want something for breakfast, there's nothing wrong as far as I can see. The 'protein' element is a non-issue. Loads of people on high protein diets eat high protein foods for breakfast.

2) Generally health foods like that are always ridic expensive. I got 36 Quest Bars for like 85 euro recently. That works out about €2.36 per bar so a bit cheaper I guess. I get them from Amazon and iherb.com. I can send you up some if you want.
                                        How do the bars you posted taste? Is there much of a protein powder-y taste to them? I've noticed with the quest bars, some flavours you can really taste the protein powder used in them.
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

Comment

If you really want to make an effort to eat breakfast, make egg muffins (you can even put chopped up bacon in them) and have one or two in the morning with toast. You bulk make them and can freeze them as well for later use I believe.

Comment

Heartbroken. Jesus Donegal are some team but Dublin will take a lot from that. I hope Jim McGuinness stays with Donegal because nobody else could have gotten that performance today. He really is an incredible manager.
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Cheers. Article seems to be saying that if you eat breakfast then you're more active in the morning using up those calories?

Strange conclusion then by the author to say:

Does sound like the decent breakfast - its just remembering to get all the stuff. Was trying to go the easy route of just getting everything in a bar - am guessing though its not quite that straightforward.
                                                  Sounds like you need soylent green

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    If you really want to make an effort to eat breakfast, make egg muffins (you can even put chopped up bacon in them) and have one or two in the morning with toast. You bulk make them and can freeze them as well for later use I believe.
                                                    Yeah these are handy, don't really have time for breakfast but with these I can pop them in the microwave and have them on the walk to work.

Comment

Hey folks, does anyone know a good site where you can send a photo and get it printed on canvas? Seem to remember someone mentioning it?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        How did this happen

20 minutes in Dublin were 5 points up and playing like the 1/10 was the value bet of the year.
                                                        30 minutes later they are 8 points down and running around like headless chickens
                                                        When I left the house, I'm pretty Dublin were 1/80 on PaddyPower

Rarely would watch many football matches, but caught the Donegal-Armagh and Kerry-Mayo games and they all seemed to be highly entertaining. There may issues people have with the sport itself, but I think that's very much a case of don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Anyway, time for me to start jumping on the Tipperary hurling bandwagon. Up Tipp!

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                        Chess boxing
                                                        Finally some proper sports talk in here.
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Rory burning it up again
                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                            Hey folks, does anyone know a good site where you can send a photo and get it printed on canvas? Seem to remember someone mentioning it?
                                                            Satnav recommends Hellocanvas.ie. Just make sure it's a high quality photo (i.e. digital camera, not phone) you send in for them to print.
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

SatNav mentioned this before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                Satnav recommends Hellocanvas.ie. Just make sure it's a high quality photo (i.e. digital camera, not phone) you send in for them to print.
                                                                Michelle done hers from her mobile and they all turned out brilliant. A lot of phones these days have cameras in them that are better than the old cameras we have in the cupboard.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

Fucking hell. And I was happy having a tenner on Donegal at 13/2. If you are serious well done. I love hearing about bets like this.

Dublin over hyped as usual. Anyone who claims football isn't entertaining needs to watch the three semi finals. Absolutely cracking games. And the fact the two underdogs came through makes it better imo. Would have loved a Kerry Dublin final but just delighted to be there.

Comment

Comment

www.canvasartstudio.ie a Polish friend of mine owns it here in Killarney. I've had a few things done and they've been great.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                        Dublin over hyped as usual.
                                                                        LOL! Donegal definitely undersold but Dublin were not overhyped. This was an incredible Dublin team beaten by an astonishing Donegal side. Dublin are exactly as good as everyone said. As a matter of fact I think in some ways people underestimate this Dublin team. However, Donegal had a brilliant game plan executed perfectly. That doesn't take away from Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                          LOL! Donegal definitely undersold but Dublin were not overhyped. This was an incredible Dublin team beaten by an astonishing Donegal side. Dublin are exactly as good as everyone said. As a matter of fact I think in some ways people underestimate this Dublin team. However, Donegal had a brilliant game plan executed perfectly. That doesn't take away from Dublin.
                                                                          Great side. Not overhyped as such but Dublin voices (media & ex players) definitely underestimated Donegal and dismissed their challenge. There didn't seem to be much talk either about how difficult it is to retain Sam. There's been some serious teams around the last twenty years (most notably in Tyrone & Kerry) and only Kerry have managed to do it, in a year when they changed managers.

Comment

If Dublin were as good as everyone said, they would have won that game at a canter. Media, bookies, fans, and not just Dub fans, a lot of GAA fans had Dublin winning the AI as a forgone conclusion. They were just never tested and because of that were over hyped.

No doubt they are a top team but not as good as they were made out to be imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                              Michelle done hers from her mobile and they all turned out brilliant. A lot of phones these days have cameras in them that are better than the old cameras we have in the cupboard.
                                                                              I got one done based on Satnav's recommendation for my brother's graduation. Used a phone camera but didn't turn out as sharp on the canvas as I would've liked. They even asked me if I had any better quality photos but that's the only one I had. Galaxy SIII camera, not sure how good that is though.
                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

No doubt they are a top team but not as good as they were made out to be imo.
                                                                                Like I said, Donegal under sold rather than Dublin over sold. Dublin are as good as they were made out to be. Donegal just proved they are on that level. Hype is the laziest trope available to GAA discussions about Dublin.

In case I haven't made it quite clear your opinion is lazy, under-thought and wrong.

Comment

Like I said, Donegal under sold rather than Dublin over sold. Dublin are as good as they were made out to be. Donegal just proved they are on that level. Hype is the laziest trope available to GAA discussions about Dublin.

In case I haven't made it quite clear your opinion is lazy, under-thought and wrong.
                                                                                  Dublin lost haha

Comment

Jaysus im sweating now

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                      Dublin lost haha
                                                                                      Not biting. Move on.

Comment

Ok then. But just to make sure. Dublin did lose. Glad we cleared that up.

Not biting. Move on.
                                                                                        Think that you already have.

Comment

www.canvasartstudio.ie a Polish friend of mine owns it here in Killarney. I've had a few things done and they've been great.
                                                                                          See he does some wallpaper, had been thinking recently about getting some of my photos done up in wallpaper but would need to see a sample before I even think about moving on with it.
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Didn't see much Dublin being overhyped posts prior to the match today, as usual the bbv's aftertimers are out in force. Thought it was a lethargic performance from many today , Donegal definitely the hungrier and were clinical when they needed to be. Dublin just not at the races today but reckon their second string 15 would be prob be a top 5 team in Ireland. Hard to see past their dominance in the next few years imo.

As an aside I thought Rory O'Carroll behaved like a complete tosser out there today.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Not biting. Move on.
                                                                                              Ah you're a real Dub so ul gg.

Genuinely delighted for the arseholes from Wicklow who jump on the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                See he does some wallpaper, had been thinking recently about getting some of my photos done up in wallpaper but would need to see a sample before I even think about moving on with it.
                                                                                                I'll get his number and give it to you. I'm sure he would have no problem sending samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  Jaysus im sweating now
                                                                                                  fu xeybody with your post at the end there

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                    Ah you're a real Dub so ul gg.

Genuinely delighted for the arseholes from Wicklow who jump on the bandwagon.
                                                                                                    I utterly love Gaelic football and hurling. Hope Kerry do it in the final because ever since 2009 I have just got the utmost respect for Kerry and their fans. Also happy that Donegal won today playing great football and not a repeat of that 2011 fiasco. If you have to lose it's better to lose to an awesome team like that. A lot of people forget how close Kerry and Mayo came to beating Dublin in the Championship last year. Dublin are an incredible team but there are 4 really amazing teams in Ireland right now. Mayo with a better manager (Horan's in-game management cost them an All Ireland last year), Kerry, Dublin and Donegal. Dublin could win 3 of the next 5 titles this decade but they could also fail to win another one depending on how those 3 other teams progress.

It's hard to see your team lose but Kerry lost last year at the same stage and now they're back in a final, Donegal the same. Next year we go again. Dub Stars game over Xmas and then onto the league. I hope to God they let us play a game outside Croker next year though. I would love to go to Navan or Drogheda of Wexford Park.

Comment

Do you know me or something? That's a few times you have directly quoted a post of mine out of nowhere after not posting before that! Bolded bit makes sense, rest is nonsense.
                                                                                                      Apologies if it came across as some form of bullying, not the case at all.
                                                                                                      I was responding to posts in each case and not the person writing them.

No, I don't know you but perhaps some day you will have the pleasure.
                                                                                                      Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 31-08-14, 20:32.

Comment

I'll get his number and give it to you. I'm sure he would have no problem sending samples.
                                                                                                        Cheers hombre.
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                          Didn't see much Dublin being overhyped posts prior to the match today, as usual the bbv's aftertimers are out in force. Thought it was a lethargic performance from many today , Donegal definitely the hungrier and were clinical when they needed to be. Dublin just not at the races today but reckon their second string 15 would be prob be a top 5 team in Ireland. Hard to see past their dominance in the next few years imo.

As an aside I thought Rory O'Carroll behaved like a complete tosser out there today.
                                                                                                          Did say Donegal wouldn't roll over so not a total after timer!

What did O'Carroll do?

Comment

Dublin ars a fantastic team, one of the best I have seen in the flesh. There might be a few gobshites (every county has them) who talk about 5 in a row after winning one or wondering who they would like to beat in the final (before semi is played) but none of this came from the players or the decent supporters, of which I'd count Kayroo as one.

When Dub went 5 up today I have no doubt some of the players thought the job was done and this is a dangerous mentality. Fair play to Donegal though, they played some super stuff when in possession and will give the final a right rattle.

I'm really looking forward to the occasion and win or lose I'll enjoy the day out.

Comment

Any chance dublin would consider throwing a game in leinster next year to avoid ending up in a tough QF or SF next year with nothing but a series of double digit ass whoopings in preparation? Unlikely I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                                                Any chance dublin would consider throwing a game in leinster next year to avoid ending up in a tough QF or SF next year with nothing but a series of double digit ass whoopings in preparation? Unlikely I suppose.
                                                                                                                No chance. They could just as easily go through the qualifiers and not have a serious challenge.

Did Dublin play any Div 1 team in the championship this year?

Comment

Just donegal today i think. dont think monaghan were div 1. Actually i suppose the same could be said for mayo, strolling through their province every year

Comment

Just donegal today i think
                                                                                                                    Div 2 no?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                      Div 2 no?
                                                                                                                      I think they were div 1 but got relegated.

Well depends on what you mean by div 1. I thought you meant div 1 in league that was just played, not next years league

Comment

I think they were div 1 but got relegated
                                                                                                                        i think they are Div 2 and got promoted

Comment

lol i think you're right

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X