This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    And it's laughable, no-one is debating that. But the Democrats are no paragon of virtue with this stuff.

Ultimately it should be for the Courts or a State Body / Non Profit to set the rules on this stuff. It simply shouldn't be left to political appointees or elected officials on either side of the divide.
    but everything is a political appointment in America:

school boards
    law enforcement officials
    district attorneys
    sanitation commissioners
    judges (all the way up to the SC)

About the only non-political elements are the armed forces and they're overwhelmingly Republican
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      but everything is a political appointment in America:

school boards
      law enforcement officials
      district attorneys
      sanitation commissioners
      judges (all the way up to the SC)

About the only non-political elements are the armed forces and they're overwhelmingly Republican
      I of course understand this Glyn. I'm saying what it should be or what it needs to be for this idiocy every four years to be eliminated. We both know what the liklehood is with this stuff - it will be an issue in the 2036 Presidential Election.

At least the Courts are restrained by a legal framework and if it was the Supreme Court or the highest Court at State level calling the shots the landscape would be better than it is now imo.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Celtic Park a cauldron.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I of course understand this Glyn. I'm saying what it should be or what it needs to be for this idiocy every four years to be eliminated. We both know what the liklehood is with this stuff - it will be an issue in the 2036 Presidential Election.

At least the Courts are restrained by a legal framework and if it was the Supreme Court or the highest Court at State level calling the shots the landscape would be better than it is now imo.
            let's not be too judgemental in any case, America is a far better governed country (at every level) than this one

(that should get strewelpeter's blood up )

Comment

Celtic well organised. They are going with two banks of four sitting deep, but leaving Miku and Samaras up the park so they always have an outlet when they win it back. Barcelona totally dominant of course, but the atmosphere is unreal.

Comment

Celtic Park a cauldron.
                some save by the Celtic keeper from Messi there, lucky if he hasn't broken a finger

Comment

Think about this; what was the greatest voter fraud in American politics and who perpetrated it?

the answer to the second part is 'the Democratic party'
                  Kennedy's ticket?
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post

/ I don't know what to make of this, but felt need to share
                    My first thought is that economists really shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Though if I was the supreme leader, humanity would be extinct in very little time at all
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      What's a shoe party?

(Please don't be a party where a "friend" tries to sell you shoes)
                      Same as a tupperware or ann summers party. Yup
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

btw had to visit some of the economics profs in this German uni today. One guy was telling me he is researching a new way to play hide-and-seek for kids.

His complaint about traditional hide-and-seek is that becoming the seeker is viewed as a punishment by kids (he has researched the game with 50 kindergarten kids and thats what they say), yet current game is played in two varieties that he views as unsatisfactory.

The first variety is that the first person found becomes the seeker. Thats unsatisfactory as then the game is pointless for the remaining hiders.

The second variety for how game is played is that last person found becomes the seeker - but that then punishes the most successful hider.

His solution is to randomise the person hiding who becomes seeker if found using a dice throw, but only the seeker knows the number. So all the hiders remain involved in the game.

He has done a few months of researching this new variety of the game with the kids, and measuring differences in enjoyment based on sound level.

Let's see what happens when we take AWAY the toy
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            Obviously.
                            Whats this all about Big Bad Dom????
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Barca with 85% possession.

Comment

Didnt go in the end had a huge row with Chanel, and put it this way if that referendum was voted in, she would no longer be in my hands now! From here on in not 1 euro will she get and I will no longer wash or iron her clothes. Thats it !!
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Sky sports app for iPad is useful.
                                  Attached Files
                                  . .

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                    Didnt go in the end had a huge row with Chanel, and put it this way if that referendum was voted in, she would no longer be in my hands now! From here on in not 1 euro will she get and I will no longer wash or iron her clothes. Thats it !!
                                    Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                    I'd quite happily attend that party pictured.
                                    Jez SatNav, get Ghostface down, he has a serious womens shoe fetish, you could name your price!

Comment

Fox News: 'biased mainstream media in the tank for Obama'

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Kennedy's ticket?
                                        No, much bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Jez SatNav, get Ghostface down, he has a serious womens shoe fetish, you could name your price!
                                          Always made me laugh the way some men have a foot fetish, ffs feet are gross, how in the name of jaysus could a man suck a toe or have a you know what on top of one puke! lol
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

No, much bigger
                                            Spit it out.

Comment

btw had to visit some of the economics profs in this German uni today. One guy was telling me he is researching a new way to play hide-and-seek for kids.

His complaint about traditional hide-and-seek is that becoming the seeker is viewed as a punishment by kids (he has researched the game with 50 kindergarten kids and thats what they say), yet current game is played in two varieties that he views as unsatisfactory.

The first variety is that the first person found becomes the seeker. Thats unsatisfactory as then the game is pointless for the remaining hiders.

The second variety for how game is played is that last person found becomes the seeker - but that then punishes the most successful hider.

His solution is to randomise the person hiding who becomes seeker if found using a dice throw, but only the seeker knows the number. So all the hiders remain involved in the game.

He has done a few months of researching this new variety of the game with the kids, and measuring differences in enjoyment based on sound level.

How about last person to be found gets to pick who is the seeker? This means the hiders stay involved and you don't need to use dice or use a complicated system

Comment

few squid on barca@evens at HT ::
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Always made me laugh the way some men have a foot fetish, ffs feet are gross, how in the name of jaysus could a man suck a toe or have a you know what on top of one puke! lol
                                                  Ah now, I'd accept most are gross. Some (I'm estimating 5%) are fucking lovely

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                      Ah now, I'd accept most are gross. Some (I'm estimating 5%) are fucking lovely
                                                      What makes this worse is you are probably referring to the male foot which is even more gross

You are one sick man Collie
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        No foot fetish here. I do like the look of a good open toe heel tho

Comment

What makes this worse is you are probably referring to the male foot which is even more gross

Makes it worse and more confusing for me that I've never seen a really nice male foot. Plenty of female ones, though probably never from a specimen older than 23 or so

Comment

lights out in braga

Comment

Reminds me of the time the wife took a notion she wanted to paint my toes pink one evening. I put up a half-hearted effort to refuse (all part of my bigger plan to slope into the IO Sat in the Emporium a few nights later). Cue the next night playing 5-a-side in UCD & of course I dislocate my ankle and break my leg. All I can think of through the pain when the ambulance guys arrive is please don't cut the runner & sock off, they did

Cue a lot of funny looks & 6 nights in Vincents listening to tittering nurses

Comment

Heroic stuff from the Celtic Keeper.

Comment

Makes it worse and more confusing for me that I've never seen a really nice male foot. Plenty of female ones, though probably never from a specimen older than 23 or so
                                                                  Not often I do this but just for you

SPOILER
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I fail to see how he's judging enjoyment levels based on sound, considering the object of the game is to stay quiet and hide.
                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                        Ah, take it down Michelle. I'm not mad about Basssets.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                          Jesus woman, put them away!
                                                                          . .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                              few squid on barca@evens at HT ::
                                                                              12/5....double down...
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Spit it out.
                                                                                Very successful voter fraud, ran for about 90 years. Millions of voters denied their chance to cast their ballot.

Comment

beats working I guess.
                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

hmm that's interesting. Can't actually see any flaws in that and seems simpler.

We had a bit of a chat about how hide-and-seek might have developed through evolution (it goes back to the beginning of records, so presumably went back even longer - obviously not quite evolution then, but highly historically based). Most such games have some sort of benefit in terms of playing a part in society. Yet this game seems to have non-optimal solutions, meaning it isn't a great game.

His thinking was that it was communities trying to teach kids how to hide from dangerous animals. Mine was (and only thought of it on the spot, so might be wrong) that the game developed with the seeker in mind to teach effective hunting techniques. The hiders were just an after-thought and hence the non-optimal solution in their regard as they weren't the focus of the game.

Maybe if hiding is the focus, then the randomisation is useful. But if teaching about hierarchy in society based on skill levels, then yours is the best approach.
                                                                                    it allows scenario where seeker is stuck being the seeker over and over

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                                                                                      Jesus woman, put them away!
                                                                                      Cheeky biatch!! they are lovely tootsies
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Ah, take it down Michelle. I'm not mad about Basssets.
                                                                                        Should probably have a caption comp on what the poor hound is thinking?

"The animal welfare guys said this would be a tough assignment gathering info on this catnapper, but I think I'm in over my head here"

Comment

Hmm, this is a brilliant piece on the election. Hits on all the areas Rmoney fell down on:

After calling the president to congratulate him, a spent and disappointed -- but nevertheless smiling -- Mitt Romney made a brief speech to his supporters in Boston. Afterward, numerous pundits noted that they found his remarks uncommonly gracious. But Democratic consultant Paul Begala and former Republican White House press secretary Ari Fleischer found the speech notable for what was not in it:

There was no list of issues and causes that he’ll fight for in the future, no real discussion of the specifics choices Americans will have to make in the future. It was simply not, Fleischer and Begala observed, a concession speech from a movement leader.

This shouldn’t have been a surprise. Romney’s critics on both the right and the left often accused him of lacking “a core,” but those who are close him believe this misses the essence of the man utterly. “Core” values to Romney are his church and family, and to them he is a consistently devoted servant.

Mark McKinnon, a confidant of George W. Bush, describes Romney as a good man whose values run deep, but whose politics are “transactional.” That’s hardly a sin, given that the party’s politics are transactional as well. In 2002, Romneycare was considered a conservative market-based solution to coerce Americans into purchasing private health insurance. By 2012, Obamacare is a socialist scheme designed as the first step of a government takeover of the nation’s health care system.

To liberal writer Ezra Klein, Romney’s problem -- in terms of how he’s perceived -- is that what he most values is empirical data, which he thinks complement his natural management skills. “A lifetime of data has proven to him that he’s extraordinarily, even uniquely, good at managing and leading organizations, projects and people,” Klein writes. “It’s those skills, rather than specific policy ideas, that he sees as his unique contribution. That has been the case everywhere else he has worked, and he assumes it will be the case in the White House, too.”

But he won’t get the chance to prove that theory now. The American people, albeit by the narrowest of margins, didn’t choose a manager. For better or worse, they chose a leader, and it’s a measure of Romney’s core that when he said he’d be praying for him to succeed, the people who know him best believe him.
                                                                                          Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 07-11-12, 21:16.

Comment

Very successful voter fraud, ran for about 90 years. Millions of voters denied their chance to cast their ballot.
                                                                                            I know it's not the answer, but

Comment

Whats this all about Big Bad Dom????
                                                                                              Your sentence makes absolutely no sense. I also could have asked if you accidentally the whole thing, but that's a bit nerdy a reference I thought.

Comment

fucking supersave

Comment

Watched this the other night and found it so amazing

Sorry can not embed youtube
                                                                                                  Last edited by greywolf; 07-11-12, 21:19.
                                                                                                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Barca 4.8 now, heroic celtic loss please!
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        Your sentence makes absolutely no sense. I also could have asked if you accidentally the whole thing, but that's a bit nerdy a reference I thought.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

The effort levels from the Celtic players has been unreal. They have to be exhausted.

Comment

wow

Comment

JUSTICE!!

Thoroughly deserved. What a fucking job. Magic stuff.

Comment

Ffs
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Ugh

Comment

Honestly, I'm fucking delighted

Comment

+1, why does everybody hate Celtic? No love for the plucky underdog?

Comment

They've been magnificent, no-one could begrudge them this result.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          +1, why does everybody hate Celtic?
                                                                                                                          More that I like Barca. No time the tard contingent of Celtics fan base too.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X