X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      A friend of mine was telling me about Shanghai the other week. Now he is the CEO of a multinational and not short of a few bob, but he said there were shopping centres with places he wouldn't be able to afford to buy things.

Can you tell us anything about your experiences of that uber capitalist, very Western consumerist focused subculture among some of the younger Shanghai natives?
      Can I fook!

Inyourface commsumerism in all its brute force and traditional China live hand in hand, I know that much. Such a weird dynamic. Like the local mall here has every luxury brand you can think of but outside it there may be punters cooking and selling insects, or peeps rumaging around the bins for anything of value, or rain dripping down huge fuck off holes in the ceiling, Rolex shop to the left Armani to the right.
      I work in a school which costs real money mega bucks for the kids to board, and they are dripping in all the finery of absolute Western pigdoggery! I havent really frequented places where I will meet the uber trendy young shanghai punters really tbh, but western brands certainly have their claws firmly dug in here. The place is soaked in money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Did you have a big win on something in 2012?
        US election, <3 intrade

Comment

You'd wonder why anyone stays in those places. Like, personally could have stayed in Ennis and would presumably be going around shivving people for entertainment value. What's the mindset that makes someone not want to try out the big city?
          Heh - what makes you think they haven't tried out the big city, weighed their options, and then after due consideration come to the conclusion that being stabbed repeatedly with a modified toothbrush in Co. Clare >>>>> Dublin

Comment

games are on tonight hitch (and tomorrow)

Comment

deposit: 645
              withdrawl: 2231

and all without the mdoug secret betting pattern.
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                <3 intrade
                Did you hear they went bust a few months ago? Their business model was destined to fail. I was getting some cold sweats for a week or ten days after the US election, getting $$$ looked ominous at one stage.

Comment

You'd wonder why anyone stays in those places. Like, personally could have stayed in Ennis and would presumably be going around shivving people for entertainment value. What's the mindset that makes someone not want to try out the big city?
                  Tralee actually seems to be one of the only places in the country outside of Dublin doing well bafflingly enough. I dunno what property prices are doing but the centre of town had been well on the way to Limerick city centre levels of grimness up to about two years ago when all of a sudden businesses started opening up again.

Now only a handful of unoccupied units in the town, and it's actually busy and pleasant during the day. Still full of wabs at night, and the locals love nothing better than to lament how shit the place is and cast sheep's eyes over towards Killarney, but going home once every five or six weeks over the last ~30 months I'm blown away at the turnaround.

Comment

LMAO at @a_girl_irl on twitter bumping up all sorts of tweets re Watkins and Lost Prophets
                    Someone who had him sign his name on their leg and then had it turned into a particularly skanky tattoo.

Nice.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        Did you hear they went bust a few months ago? Their business model was destined to fail. I was getting some cold sweats for a week or ten days after the US election, getting $$$ looked ominous at one stage.
                        Yeah they're long gone. I don't remember being too worried about the loots at the time though, I think questions about its legality only started then. Did they take much cash with them? The business model was lol bad though, no way the $10(?) monthly fee was going to even cover the costs of transfers.

Comment

On reflection, it might be more a mid-Dec thing! fecking time swamped due to work. They sound so class though, def intend on going.
                          the meetup on saturday dec 7th is pretty good but apart from that any tues/wed. get your nerd credentials in order

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            LMAO at @a_girl_irl on twitter bumping up all sorts of tweets re Watkins and Lost Prophets
                            Someone who had him sign his name on their leg and then had it turned into a particularly skanky tattoo.

Nice.
                            What?
                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

ill have some of arsenal and porto to win at 5/2

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay?AFF_ID=16562
                                thats to win to nil.

Comment

deposit: 645
                                  withdrawl: 2231

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay?AFF_ID=16562
                                  53 minutes. Admirable restraint.

edit: Is that an affiliate link?
                                  Last edited by hotspur; 26-11-13, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                    thats to win to nil.
                                    that does make more sense!thought i was getting super value!
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      games are on tonight hitch (and tomorrow)
                                      Where is this out of curiousity?

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                        What?
                                        Ian Watkins, singer of Welsh rock band Lostprophets, pleads guilty to a series of "depraved" child sex offences including attempted rape of a baby.

Opr

Comment

Porto, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal.

If hitch hadnt suggested checking my profit and loss I wouldnt have bothered placing a bet.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            53 minutes. Admirable restraint.

edit: Is that an affiliate link?
                                            no its a link i clicked off twitter
                                            airport, lol

Comment

I find hard to phrase it but usually people who havent gone to third level or from lower economic background.
                                              Never really seen anything different and are happy enough in a low paid job or on the dole.

Once they have enough for a piss up a week and the odd week in Santa Ponsa they are happy.
                                              Dont know if its a lack of ambition or just happy and an unwillingless to gamble and try and better themselves.
                                              Mates bro in law hes 26 know since he was 7 or 8 works 30 hours a week in tesco and said all his mates off to oz or canada.
                                              Asked him why he does not go can always come back if dont work out 10 12 weeks save every penny he would get there no ambition at all.

The only guys i meet at home from school either have a business local a farm or stuck with a mortgage and kids and cant leave.

Comment

Never heard of the band, sick stuff. Mother's also deserve to be tortured.
                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just added up the PaddyPower deposits vs withdrawals for the last year. €1,302 deposited vs €1,016 withdrawn. Minor leagues obv compared to some of ye lot. That win rate was heavily reliant on the €700 from Seanad ref rejection.

Anyone got any more interesting numbers than that?

(you need to call up the year's data, paste each page into excel, then sort by transaction type so takes about 20 mins)
                                                    I'm a fully fledged, card carrying, dues paid, member of the sports betting fish club. However one thing I do very well is track whether I'm up/down or indifferent. For me the answer is completely indifferent. I only play with pocket money that I don't mind losing and I tend to bet on events that I'm going be watching in order to give me a tangible interest in them.

The tracker on PP only goes back to Jan 2012, but in that time I've deposited a little under €20k, and withdrawn just under €700 more than I deposited On the one hand it seems an awful lot of effort for no real return really, on the other hand if I had it in the bank I would be doing well to get 1.75% after tax return a year so at least I had the chance at a much higher return

Sounds suspiciously like how people justify playing the lotto despite no real chance at winning though....
                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                      I'm a fully fledged, card carrying, dues paid, member of the sports betting fish club. However one thing I do very well is track whether I'm up/down or indifferent. For me the answer is completely indifferent. I only play with pocket money that I don't mind losing and I tend to bet on events that I'm going be watching in order to give me a tangible interest in them.

The tracker on PP only goes back to Jan 2012, but in that time I've deposited a little under €20k, and withdrawn just under €700 more than I deposited On the one hand it seems an awful lot of effort for no real return really, on the other hand if I had it in the bank I would be doing well to get 1.75% after tax return a year so at least I had the chance at a much higher return

Sounds suspiciously like how people justify playing the lotto despite no real chance at winning though....
                                                      Fish don't profit, sick brag

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

You lack the belief.
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          Has anyone any experiencing with uploading money to Moneybookers? I can upload using my bank card but they charge 1.9% which i'm not crazy about. There's a bank option that takes 3/5 days but not sure as they don't give you an IBAN so you can't transfer online so will i need to go into a bank and lodge directly into their/mine Skrill account?
                                                          Haven't done it myself but if you're able to lodge in a bank you should be able to do a transfer on your online banking. If you have their NSC and account number you can get the Swift and IBAN. Probably need your Moneybookers account number as reference for the payment.

Comment

Just had a hell of a breakfast. Pineapple, bacon, broccoli, tomato and onion fried in coconut oil.

Comment

Vodafone customer service is horrific. How does an operator exist as one of the more expensive options and poor CS?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                Just had a hell of a breakfast. Pineapple, bacon, broccoli, tomato and onion fried in coconut oil.
                                                                Pineapple and broccoli should never be in the same sentence. Can't help but resemble it to a really ignorant farmer being on holiday in an exotic country and struggling to communicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                  Just danced around the kitchen with the wife to Gangham Style for 5 minutes.

Dogs joined in occasionally.
                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Is anyone still using that aviate skin for android?
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

no its a link i clicked off twitter
                                                                      Paddypower twitter account?

Comment

Good 1st minute at the Emirates
                                                                        Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                          Paddypower twitter account?
                                                                          Yeah?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                              Jerrys Pic
                                                                              I wouldnt mind but all his hair is definitely gone.

His smiley face at the bottom is uncanny in its similarity.
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yeah?
                                                                                Just tracking traffic so
                                                                                48

Comment

The wondeful scenario of a team getting eliminated with 12 points is fast looking a real possibility in the Arsenal group.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      The wondeful scenario of a team getting eliminated with 12 points is fast looking a real possibility in the Arsenal group.
                                                                                      Looks like arsenal are safe enough but lots of permutations if napoli score a goal shit is back on.

Assuming that Arsenal and Dortmund both win their respective games against Marseille, Napoli run the highest risk of being eliminated via any potential three way head-to-head. Should Dortmund beat Napoli 1-0 on Tuesday, the Italians would have to beat Arsenal by three goals to qualify in their place. If Dortmund beat Napoli by two unanswered goals, the Azzurri would need a four-goal win versus Wenger's men. And so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                        Is anyone still using that aviate skin for android?
                                                                                        Yeah, I think its great I can't imagine ever going back to the basic one.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Trevor Welsh is second only to Ronnie Whelan in the league of shit commentators.
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

If you don't want to spend much on a phone, this Moto G looks phenomenal:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/moto-g-review/
                                                                                            Hey you!

Comment

And napoli score. jinx

But this would change should Napoli lose by a single goal, whilst scoring in Dortmund, in which case a two-goal victory over Arsenal would be enough to take them through.

Come on napoli just make it 2-2 then

Comment

Watched the Boardwalk Empire season finale there:

SPOILER
                                                                                                So epic. Can't believe Richard is gone, that was heartbreaking (but the scene with his wife meant it was very likely to happen, too much foreshadowing!), more of the feckin' Doctor next time around, argh! At least that baby-faced asshole is gone, I truly hated him.

Comment

Did Townsend utter "get in" on the Marseille shot that was saved?
                                                                                                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

...

Comment

Eek, might have been drinking when said that. You wouldn't by any chance remember if I promised to do anything else as well at around that time?
                                                                                                      I think that was around the time you borrowed that €500 from me.

Comment

two weeks to Perpignan, am getting excite. Tickets go on sale Saturday.

Rang the Munster Supporters Club to see if they would sell tickets to non-members, have to say they were not exactly receptive to the idea. Mofos.

anyone want to lend me some Munster paraphernalia? I am obviously too mean to buy any (plus it will never be reused ). Bubbleking? Lloyd?
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                          Watched the Boardwalk Empire season finale there:

SPOILER
                                                                                                          So epic. Can't believe Richard is gone, that was heartbreaking (but the scene with his wife meant it was very likely to happen, too much foreshadowing!), more of the feckin' Doctor next time around, argh! At least that baby-faced asshole is gone, I truly hated him.
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          I hope Hoover gets a major role in S5. At least Peggy seems to be sidelined.

Comment

BWE

SPOILER
                                                                                                            I fear Peggy will be back in season 5, also fear Chalky might only have a bit part. Hoepfully yer wan is gonna rot in prison though. Echo RD's hopes for more Hoover please, a LOT more Chicago looks on the menu next time out too

Comment

Basel do the double over Chelsea.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                BWE

SPOILER
                                                                                                                I fear Peggy will be back in season 5, also fear Chalky might only have a bit part. Hoepfully yer wan is gonna rot in prison though. Echo RD's hopes for more Hoover please, a LOT more Chicago looks on the menu next time out too
                                                                                                                Of course, from the point of view of this forum, what we really want to see is a lot moar of:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Rothstein. Don't need to dramatise him at all plus some awesome nicknames in there. 'Titanic Thompson' ftw

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                                                                  Did Townsend utter "get in" on the Marseille shot that was saved?
                                                                                                                  Yeah i'm 99% sure i heard that too, the wanker

Comment

collected my wheels today. woke up at 6 with pure excitement .

2010 57k miles on clock. One owner, full service history. 6 months warranty. four new tyres put on today. Nissan Qashqui mats. Bought in a family run garage in Rathmines, been in business 15 years. A pure gent . best deal of all the Qashqais I saw . 12, 200 with my own car.

Fucking drives like a dream. The comfort is unbelievable. He half filled it with diesel , that needle did not move all day lol

Would highly recommend one .

Dying to post pics on FB but himself said do not start sticking that on FB. This time of year is hard on people and the last thing they need is you bragging about your new car. Fair play to him and he is right when I think about it

Jaysus if someone said to me this time last year that I would be driving a fairly new car this year , I would have said GTFO! so chuffed
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

If you don't want to spend much on a phone, this Moto G looks phenomenal:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/moto-g-review/
                                                                                                                      Has it improved in the last 2 weeks, or are you shilling for motorola now?

Handy enough phone here for those not wanting to splash out on the Nexus 5:

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...smartphone-135
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        collected my wheels today. woke up at 6 with pure excitement .

2010 57k miles on clock. One owner, full service history. 6 months warranty. four new tyres put on today. Nissan Qashqui mats. Bought in a family run garage in Rathmines, been in business 15 years. A pure gent . best deal of all the Qashqais I saw . 12, 200 with my own car.

Fucking drives like a dream. The comfort is unbelievable. He half filled it with diesel , that needle did not move all day lol

Would highly recommend one .

Dying to post pics on FB but himself said do not start sticking that on FB. This time of year is hard on people and the last thing they need is you bragging about your new car. Fair play to him and he is right when I think about it

Jaysus if someone said to me this time last year that I would be driving a fairly new car this year , I would have said GTFO! so chuffed
                                                                                                                        Congrats.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X