Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Anyone know if you can use a garda age card to go to England with Ryanair? I lost my passport and need hi next week..

Thankd

Comment

Originally posted by iri$hkelt View Post
      Well, Anyone know if you can use a garda age card to go to England with Ryanair? I lost my passport and need hi next week..

Thankd
      Afraid not. With Ryanair you need passport. Some countries have a national I'd card which they accept. Age card is not this. If your Irish you need passport
      airport, lol

Comment

Anyone here on PSN? Specifically PES 13?

OasisOrBlur if so

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
          Do you still want 20% ?
          Yeah mate. Will transfer on stars tmrw.

Comment

Got a Galaxy Note 10.1 and just wondering what is the best free antivirus/internet security for the tablet.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
              Got a Galaxy Note 10.1 and just wondering what is the best free antivirus/internet security for the tablet.
              Never saw the need for one but I imagine the avg one is Decent
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Never saw the need for one but I imagine the avg one is Decent
                would you not pick up virsus and stuff if you were to browse the internetz with it?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Unbelievable!

Father apologises after football fan son .. blacking up his face to look like his favourite player El Hadji Diouf ..

Last edited by Emmet; 03-01-13, 08:12.

Comment

^^^ lol 10 year old racist, fan who got picture with said racist target, hey kid, go home your doing racism wrong!!

Seriously for fuck sake, world stop spinning i need to throw some people of off you

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                      would you not pick up virsus and stuff if you were to browse the internetz with it?
                      only if you visit the wrong sites and download from unknown sources
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                        Meh, im not getting involved in a argument about this.

It isn't addictive. Weak minded people get addicted to it. Simple as.
                        Gotta love a statement that ends with 'simple as.' - is this the Danny Dyer school of science?

I'm not getting involved in an argument about this but a simple Google search will throw up plenty of serious studies that show it CAN be addictive.

The 'weak minded' people you speak of usually have underlying psychological disorders but hey, they're just weak minded.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                          Gotta love a statement that ends with 'simple as.' - is this the Danny Dyer school of science?

I'm not getting involved in an argument about this but a simple Google search will throw up plenty of serious studies that show it CAN be addictive.

The 'weak minded' people you speak of usually have underlying psychological disorders but hey, they're just weak minded.
                          Weak minded people will always find some excuse

Comment

personally find it more offensive that he dressed up as el-Hadji Diouf.
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

It is seriously baking my noodle trying to decide if that kid is racist.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                he's dressing up as a specific person in tribute to that person, not a caracature or a stereotype of the race that person belongs to. I don't see the offense in that.

diouf is an odious rat and I'd be more worried at allowing kids to think he's worth their attention.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  Link? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                    he's dressing up as a specific person in tribute to that person, not a caracature or a stereotype of the race that person belongs to. I don't see the offense in that.

diouf is an odious rat and I'd be more worried at allowing kids to think he's worth their attention.
                                    Andy Andy you caught one!! reel it in easy now!!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                      Andy Andy you caught one!! reel it in easy now!!
                                      I think it's an interesting discussion.

Comment

Also that the specific person seemed to be quite happy about it, although Diouf is probably not clever enough to understand what "blacking up" was and what it represented, so his opinon on the matter is probably not relevant, despite him being a negrito.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

although Diouf is probably not clever enough to understand what "blacking up" was and what it represented,
                                          why would you assume that?

Comment

Argh but saying that makes me the racist, so then I'm not qualifed to judge either. Which means I should question all my basic assumptions about racism, which could imply that the kid and his Dad did not understand what they were doing, which means they were racist but not intentionally so, which means Diouf failed in his duty to educate them, which means Diouf is an Uncle Tom, which makes me racist again. Help me IPB!

Comment

I think it's an interesting discussion.
                                              i think it is interesting how people could call a ten year old a racists, I also think it is a disgrace that a 10 year old wants to dress up like a footballer.... I don't see kids wanting to dress up like and sit in a chair like Stephen Hawking... I think humans are failing as parents God help the world in 30/40 years when these children are parents

Comment

why would you assume that?
                                                I watched him play at Liverpool, seen him interviewed many times and read all about him. Perhaps clever was the wrong word. What I'm trying to say is that he has about as much awareness of what is going on around him as an autistic goldfish, and is several cans short of a six pack.

Comment

i think it is interesting how people could call a ten year old a racists, I also think it is a disgrace that a 10 year old wants to dress up like a footballer.... I don't see kids wanting to dress up like and sit in a chair like Stephen Hawking... I think humans are failing as parents God help the world in 30/40 years when these children are parents
                                                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Fuck me, I'm hungover to fuck

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                      A man who finds smoking weed hard to quit isn't a man.
                                                      You're clueless here to be honest.

Comment

it's too early to be awake
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Signed up for this Online Teaching course in DCU on the back of interview feedback. Assignment due tomorrow. It's some pile of hand-wavey made-up shite. 'Facilitate the needs of the 21st century learner'. Bullshit...Go to the lectures and study you little molly-coddled fuckers. Some things are just hard to learn and no amount of teaching strategy is going to help you. /rant

Comment

Can you get your boarding pass sent to your phone with Ryan Air .
                                                            Ive checked in online and printed my BP allready but it would be much easier to scan from the phone .
                                                            Anyone done this ??

Comment

remember that Big Red high school rape cover up thing I posted last week that anonymous were targeting?

Michael Nodianos is the speaker in the video.Drunk Steubenville High School athletes making jokes about the rape of a 16 year old girl, whose violation was t...
                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 03-01-13, 11:47.
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Am I crazy to be thinking about going to Vegas for a mere 4 nights in March? Is that too short a time to spend in the best place in the world? Friends are going for two weeks but I need to save at least 10 days holidays later in the year for my wedding and our mini-honeymoon (main honeymoon will be two weeks just after Christmas 2013) so don't want to take more than 4 days off work.

The plan would be to leave Ireland on Friday morning, arrive in Vegas at 3pm that afternoon, and begin the return journey at 5pm the following Tuesday, arriving back into Ireland at 4pm on Wednesday and so back to work on the Thursday. Flights are €576 at the moment (Aer Lingus Dublin-Gatwick legs, Virgin Atlantic Gatwich-Vegas legs) and accommodation costs would be fairly low, would probably take a room by myself in somewhere crap but fine like Ballys.

Does this plan sound stupid for any particular reason? I don't want to commit mentally to this too quickly and have to disappoint myself in a week or two when I realise it isn't a good idea or I'm being a selfish idiot! BTW I have full go-ahead to do this from the GF, as the reason we're not doing a full honeymoon this year is her sisters are over from Oz around the time of the wedding and she wants to spend a week with them, perfectly understandable.

Comment

I'm looking for gram flour to cook onion bhajis tonight, I heard there was an Indian food store in Mulhuddart but google's no help, anybody know of such a shop? I'm near Mulhuddart today but can go to one anywhere in the Blanch/Lucan area.

Anyone know if Superquinn stock it?
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I wouldn't think twice about doing that Paul, doesn't sound too short to me, although I'd take the Thurs and Fri off and worry about it later, take them unpaid if I had to and come home on the Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      I'm looking for gram flour to cook onion bhajis tonight, I heard there was an Indian food store in Mulhuddart but google's no help, anybody know of such a shop? I'm near Mulhuddart today but can go to one anywhere in the Blanch/Lucan area.

not mulhuddart, clonsilla in particular coolmine industrial est not to far from mulhuddart.

when in the est beside the topaz drive straight down and follow road to the right first turn right in the gate at the front of the building can't remember the name of the shop but there are a ton of those kind of shops up there

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                        Am I crazy to be thinking about going to Vegas for a mere 4 nights in March? Is that too short a time to spend in the best place in the world? Friends are going for two weeks but I need to save at least 10 days holidays later in the year for my wedding and our mini-honeymoon (main honeymoon will be two weeks just after Christmas 2013) so don't want to take more than 4 days off work.

The plan would be to leave Ireland on Friday morning, arrive in Vegas at 3pm that afternoon, and begin the return journey at 5pm the following Tuesday, arriving back into Ireland at 4pm on Wednesday and so back to work on the Thursday. Flights are €576 at the moment (Aer Lingus Dublin-Gatwick legs, Virgin Atlantic Gatwich-Vegas legs) and accommodation costs would be fairly low, would probably take a room by myself in somewhere crap but fine like Ballys.

Does this plan sound stupid for any particular reason? I don't want to commit mentally to this too quickly and have to disappoint myself in a week or two when I realise it isn't a good idea or I'm being a selfish idiot! BTW I have full go-ahead to do this from the GF, as the reason we're not doing a full honeymoon this year is her sisters are over from Oz around the time of the wedding and she wants to spend a week with them, perfectly understandable.
                                                                        Sounds perfectly fine imo, go for it.
                                                                        The fact you are arriving early into Vegas on the Friday would be the deal-sealer for me, you are getting 4 full evenings.

Comment

Sounds hellish to me. But I'm not a huge Vegas fan at the best of times.

Vegas = the Best place in the world. You are crazy!
                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

not mulhuddart, clonsilla in particular coolmine industrial est not to far from mulhuddart.

when in the est beside the topaz drive straight down and follow road to the right first turn right in the gate at the front of the building can't remember the name of the shop but there are a ton of those kind of shops up there
                                                                            Cheers Philip, I'll go check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                              Sounds hellish to me. But I'm not a huge Vegas fan at the best of times.

Vegas = the Best place in the world. You are crazy!
                                                                              Vegas rules! I'm never as excited going anywhere as to Vegas - it always has to be the final segment of any trip when we go there, as going onwards to another destination after Vegas would just be let-down, and even somewhere cool like San Francisco, New York, wherever, it's always a thrill knowing that in a few days time I'll be in Vegas.

I don't even gamble very much there anymore, but I love the place!

Comment

Do you know the JPP casino in Mulhuddart, the Asian shop is beside it.
                                                                                Cant vouch for what it sells.

Its the closed unit to the left of the casino on this google map picture if you zoom into streetview.

edit : must be a very old photo as the casino isn't clear either, the casino is the window with the 'banking/business/retail space' sign.
                                                                                Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 03-01-13, 12:44.

Comment

Just thinking about all the handhelds the kids have these days. 25 years ago, i used to carry all this around in my pocket. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Comment

Have always felt uneasy about those "white people posing with loads of african babies" pictures that people put up when they have been over "saving" the continent, or indeed in one case ive seen when they returned from a 2 week safari. Turns out there has been a blog ridiculing this all along.
                                                                                    Business and Lifestyle Guide https://payo.pro

1st page a bit text heavy, good stuff on the later pages

Always use the word ‘Africa’ or ‘Darkness’ or ‘Safari’ in your title. Subtitles may include the words ‘Zanzibar’, ‘Masai’, ‘Zulu’, ‘Zambezi’, ‘Congo’, ‘Nile’, ‘Big’, ‘Sky’, ‘Shadow’, ‘Drum’, ‘Sun’ or ‘Bygone’. Also useful are words such as ‘Guerrillas’, ‘Timeless’, ‘Primordial’ and ‘Tribal’. Note that ‘People’ means Africans who are not black, while ‘The People’ means black Africans.
                                                                                    Never have a picture of a well-adjusted African on the cover of your book, or in it, unless that African has won the Nobel Prize. An AK-47, prominent ribs, naked breasts: use these. If you must include an African, make sure you get one in Masai or Zulu or Dogon dress.
                                                                                    In your text, treat Africa as if it were one country. It is hot and dusty with rolling grasslands and huge herds of animals and tall, thin people who are starving. Or it is hot and steamy with very short people who eat primates. Don’t get bogged down with precise descriptions. Africa is big: fifty-four countries, 900 million people who are too busy starving and dying and warring and emigrating to read your book. The continent is full of deserts, jungles, highlands, savannahs and many other things, but your reader doesn’t care about all that, so keep your descriptions romantic and evocative and unparticular.
                                                                                    Make sure you show how Africans have music and rhythm deep in their souls, and eat things no other humans eat. Do not mention rice and beef and wheat; monkey-brain is an African’s cuisine of choice, along with goat, snake, worms and grubs and all manner of game meat. Make sure you show that you are able to eat such food without flinching, and describe how you learn to enjoy it—because you care.
                                                                                    Taboo subjects: ordinary domestic scenes, love between Africans (unless a death is involved), references to African writers or intellectuals, mention of school-going children who are not suffering from yaws or Ebola fever or female genital mutilation.
                                                                                    read more at: http://www.granta.com/Magazine/92/How-to-Write-ab

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Do you know the JPP casino in Mulhuddart, the Asian shop is beside it.
                                                                                      Cant vouch for what it sells.

Its the closed unit to the left of the casino on this google map picture if you zoom into streetview.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&sa...-8&sa=N&tab=wl
                                                                                      Coolaboola, I'm heading that way shortly, I'll check it out and if I can't get it I'll head over to the place Philip recommended.

Cheers lads, BBV outperforming google since 2007

Comment

Always - get to Vegas in any way shape or form you can.

Never - use the expression Mini Moon as that is reserve for Brides and Gays.

Comment

Just on a topic that we've talked about many times in the BBV about having some dedicated threads for certain topics. I'm not looking to revisit it or anything, but got to say that i've really enjoyed talking/reading about the darts over the last couple of weeks in the Darts Betting Thread. I know a lot of people had bets on hence the discussion, but just having banter all in the one place without getting lost in the BBV was refreshing and enjoyable. It's always been that way with the darts and i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Just on a topic that we've talked about many times in the BBV about having some dedicated threads for certain topics. I'm not looking to revisit it or anything, but got to say that i've really enjoyed talking/reading about the darts over the last couple of weeks in the Darts Betting Thread. I know a lot of people had bets on hence the discussion, but just having banter all in the one place without getting lost in the BBV was refreshing and enjoyable. It's always been that way with the darts and i like it.
                                                                                            Agreed. Ban darts chat from the BBV.

Comment

Does your Fiancee know about the GF?

last time I got Gram flour I just walked into an indian restaurant and they sold me a bag. Much easier than tracking down a store.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                Signed up for this Online Teaching course in DCU on the back of interview feedback. Assignment due tomorrow. It's some pile of hand-wavey made-up shite. 'Facilitate the needs of the 21st century learner'. Bullshit...Go to the lectures and study you little molly-coddled fuckers. Some things are just hard to learn and no amount of teaching strategy is going to help you. /rant
                                                                                                I know the above isnt specific to DCU but I really grew to resent that place. Awful place imho - Im not sure how you and Hitch feel about it

Comment

What are the best careers to get into in order to evade tax easily? Sick of being a chump

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                    I know the above isnt specific to DCU but I really grew to resent that place. Awful place imho - Im not sure how you and Hitch feel about it
                                                                                                    I like it, but I'd imagine your experience is hugely governed by your department and the people you're working with. I've been there on and off since 1997, so I'd ought to like it I suppose!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                      What are the best careers to get into in order to evade tax easily? Sick of being a chump
                                                                                                      Farming self emploment unemployment and poker.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                        Farming self emploment unemployment and poker.
                                                                                                        Playing Poker is a Tax on your soul though

Comment

CEO of a financial institution.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                            I like it, but I'd imagine your experience is hugely governed by your department and the people you're working with. I've been there on and off since 1997, so I'd ought to like it I suppose!
                                                                                                            ah yeah fair enough. Some general things annoyed me though that I only realised since leaving such as the price of most things (excluding the spar shop lol) but food in the canteen is extortionate and even little things like the price of printing and getting forms from the registry is a joke

Comment

anyone looking for a good laugh, caught this on Netflix recently and its excellent.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                ah yeah fair enough. Some general things annoyed me though that I only realised since leaving such as the price of most things (excluding the spar shop lol) but food in the canteen is extortionate and even little things like the price of printing and getting forms from the registry is a joke
                                                                                                                Could count one one hand the amount of times I ate in the canteen there. Bar/business school >>>>>>>>>>> canteen.

Comment

Have always felt uneasy about those "white people posing with loads of african babies" pictures that people put up when they have been over "saving" the continent, or indeed in one case ive seen when they returned from a 2 week safari. Turns out there has been a blog ridiculing this all along.
                                                                                                                  Business and Lifestyle Guide https://payo.pro

1st page a bit text heavy, good stuff on the later pages

Always use the word ‘Africa’ or ‘Darkness’ or ‘Safari’ in your title. Subtitles may include the words ‘Zanzibar’, ‘Masai’, ‘Zulu’, ‘Zambezi’, ‘Congo’, ‘Nile’, ‘Big’, ‘Sky’, ‘Shadow’, ‘Drum’, ‘Sun’ or ‘Bygone’. Also useful are words such as ‘Guerrillas’, ‘Timeless’, ‘Primordial’ and ‘Tribal’. Note that ‘People’ means Africans who are not black, while ‘The People’ means black Africans.
                                                                                                                  Never have a picture of a well-adjusted African on the cover of your book, or in it, unless that African has won the Nobel Prize. An AK-47, prominent ribs, naked breasts: use these. If you must include an African, make sure you get one in Masai or Zulu or Dogon dress.
                                                                                                                  In your text, treat Africa as if it were one country. It is hot and dusty with rolling grasslands and huge herds of animals and tall, thin people who are starving. Or it is hot and steamy with very short people who eat primates. Don’t get bogged down with precise descriptions. Africa is big: fifty-four countries, 900 million people who are too busy starving and dying and warring and emigrating to read your book. The continent is full of deserts, jungles, highlands, savannahs and many other things, but your reader doesn’t care about all that, so keep your descriptions romantic and evocative and unparticular.
                                                                                                                  Make sure you show how Africans have music and rhythm deep in their souls, and eat things no other humans eat. Do not mention rice and beef and wheat; monkey-brain is an African’s cuisine of choice, along with goat, snake, worms and grubs and all manner of game meat. Make sure you show that you are able to eat such food without flinching, and describe how you learn to enjoy it—because you care.
                                                                                                                  Taboo subjects: ordinary domestic scenes, love between Africans (unless a death is involved), references to African writers or intellectuals, mention of school-going children who are not suffering from yaws or Ebola fever or female genital mutilation.
                                                                                                                  read more at: http://www.granta.com/Magazine/92/How-to-Write-ab
                                                                                                                  This is my fav line from a blog of someone I know.

Crowds of men, woman and children lined the entrance, waiting eagerly on our arrival. For them this was the arrival of twenty-one Irish students who would hopefully give them hope and belief within the next 10 days.

Comment

Suffering a post holiday season lull and yearning for a bit of extra excitement in your life?
                                                                                                                    Then we have the very thing for you, its the Premier League Predictions Competiton II.
                                                                                                                    Simply predict the scores of Premier League matches each week, and score points depending on your accuracy.

Entry fee is just €20 and the Prizepool is Unlimited (yes, Unlimited.)

For more details.....

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      Suffering a post holiday season lull and yearning for a bit of extra excitement in your life?
                                                                                                                      Then we have the very thing for you, its the Premier League Predictions Competiton II.
                                                                                                                      Simply predict the scores of Premier League matches each week, and score points depending on your accuracy.

Entry fee is just €20 and the Prizepool is Unlimited (yes, Unlimited.)

For more details.....
                                                                                                                      http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...4&postcount=77
                                                                                                                      As a man who's knowledgeable about the strangest of things. Can you reccommend me a few movies for someone who's struck down by man flu? Anything with a bit of action, specifically Romans, Nazis or the mafia.

I thank you.
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                        As a man who's knowledgeable about the strangest of things. Can you reccommend me a few movies for someone who's struck down by man flu? Anything with a bit of action, specifically Romans, Nazis or the mafia.

I thank you.
                                                                                                                        Movies not really one of my spheres of knowledge unfortunately.
                                                                                                                        The dastardly manflu seems to be prevalent this week, hopefully you will get through this vicious illness unharmed.

Comment

Man City career finally coming to an end for Balotelli?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X