This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
    Could download it on torrent if that is any use to you.
    English only at the tables please

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      He actually wanted the Spassky match to be played in Belgrade but Reykjavik was the compromise choice.

Unlike Ungar (cocaine), 'twas religion that sent Fischer round the twist.
      Ah yes, the anti-Semitic Jew.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
        Ah yes, the anti-Semitic Jew.
        it's a cliché but a true one
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

it's a cliché but a true one
          Oy vey.
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
            Its the likes of Starving Marvin who cause the issues come a final. Not that I feel he should not get a ticket if he can I have no issue with it. I am just glad that those who do go to every game have options to ensure a ticket. Open sales would just be a disaster IMO. Look at the rip off touts for Euro 2012.
            Gfytipp86

Lucky I agree with you about the hardcore supporters getting first call on tickets.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Oy vey.
              You have just put me in mind of something: Jewish restaurants.

For a small-ish group of people (in terms of world population), Jews have probably had a greater proportional effect on human history than any other group - the arts, politics, science. We could all name a hundred famous Jews without really having to think about it. Starting with Jesus obviously,

But they really don't do good food. Why is that?

And how did this conversation get to here?

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                10 mins into this and jaysus tis rough!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnmt2IJtbYY
                if anyone is bored! watch this movie it is deffo the best movie I have seen in long time.
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Michelles satnav is dodgy obv.

I don't really think you are making the right observation there, it's not like we go 'oh protestants do the best fish dishes' etc.

I'm more inclined to associate foods with nations rather that religions.

That said, never have been (past tense<) to an Israeli restaurant.
                    Is it because we generally just hear of their Passover celebration meals etc? In which case there is little room for experimental dishes as to not undermine tradition?
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I don't really think you are making the right observation there, it's not like we go 'oh protestants do the best fish dishes' etc.

Is it because we generally just hear of their Passover celebration meals etc? In which case there is little room for experimental dishes as to not undermine tradition?
                      I've been to a few and didn't like the food at all.

Matzo ball soup - like, wtf?

Comment

You have just put me in mind of something: Jewish restaurants.

For a small-ish group of people (in terms of world population), Jews have probably had a greater proportional effect on human history than any other group - the arts, politics, science. We could all name a hundred famous Jews without really having to think about it. Starting with Jesus obviously,

There's a common connection between the 3 fields you mentioned above that Jewish people often excel in. They all generally require a high level of education. Catering and hospitality involves a high level of training and a certain personality but not necessarily a high standard of academic education

Comment

Most people of the Jewish faith also consider their nationality to be Jewish

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                            There's a common connection between the 3 fields you mentioned above that Jewish people often excel in. They all generally require a high level of education. Catering and hospitality involves a high level of training and a certain personality but not necessarily a high standard of academic education
                            Had never thought of that but it's certainly an argument that makes a lot of sense.

On the other hand, you could say that the French also excel in similar fields yet have the pre-eminent cuisine on earth. On the other hand, there aren't many French comedians.

Comment

tenuous. I think you are confusing nationality with identity.

but do go on, this has potential

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Jewish vs Israeli though. Tel Aviv is (the unrecognised) culinary capital of the world from speaking to a few people. Although maybe ipoker heads might disagree. Might be due, in part, to Tel Aviv's disdain for imposing those religious restraints on pork + shellfish though.
                                  Kinky Friedman's books always have running gags about him eating pork pretty much everywhere he goes

Comment

tenuous. I think you are confusing nationality with identity.

but do go on, this has potential
                                    I'm not confusing anything. Many Jewish people quite explicitly state their nationality to be Jewish, ahead of the country they are from. I'm not trying to be controversial at all, merely stating facts

Comment

Yeah well, you know, I'm not Jewish, so I'm not making that consideration.
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I'm not confusing anything. Many Jewish people quite explicitly state their nationality to be Jewish, ahead of the country they are from. I'm not trying to be controversial at all, merely stating facts
                                        Israel does offer a right of return for Jews worldwide but unless you specifically take advantage of this, for say Paddy Goldstein from Ballybacka, to state his nationality as 'Jewish' is essentially meaningless.

I've never come across it myself. Whereas Paddy identifying himself as 'Jewish' (i.e. in terms of identity) would be perfectly normal, in much the same way as millions of Americans like to think of themselves as 'Irish'.

I am right and you are wrong.

Comment

For some reason, I find myself halfway through a biography of Bobby Fischer. Scarily similar to the story of Stuey Ungar imo. Different compulsions but eerie echoes.
                                          Haven't read it, though I thought the documentary was excellent http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1777551/?ref_=sr_4 Would have been such a hero, if he died in a plane crash a lot earlier
                                          Unlike Ungar (cocaine), 'twas religion that sent Fischer round the twist.
                                          Don't think you can really blame that level of mental illness on religion (though I suppose it doesn't help)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                          Last edited by ComradeCollie; 18-08-13, 19:34.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Yeah well, you know, I'm not Jewish, so I'm not making that consideration.
                                            I knew you didn't consider this, hence why I tried to make the explanation. Anyway the point was Jewish people generally have much more in common with each other than merely faith

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              Don't think you can really blame that level of mental illness on religion (though I suppose it doesn't help)
                                              he joined a nutty cult and went nutty

Comment

Pablo Osvaldo is some signing for Southampton.

Comment

Anyone know what time breaking bad will be on netflix?

Or is there a good streaming site for the live showing?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                    Pablo Osvaldo is some signing for Southampton.
                                                    Going to be interesting to see how he slots in next to Lambert, both big strong guys who like to lead the line. I wonder will they be rotated or what tactical shuffle is done to accommodate both. I'd like to see him throw a slap at Rickie Lambert and see what happens.

Comment

Do many people struggle with the correct use of 'been' (past tense) and 'being'?

Not a slight on anyone in particular, happens at work too.
                                                      Could be a Tipperary/country thing.
                                                      Stop bean an arsehole.

Comment

I knew you didn't consider this, hence why I tried to make the explanation. Anyway the point was Jewish people generally have much more in common with each other than merely faith
                                                        That's fantastic. Well done you.
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                          Anyone know what time breaking bad will be on netflix?

Or is there a good streaming site for the live showing?
                                                          It was on here at about half 3 last week.

watchserieshost.xyz is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, watchserieshost.xyz has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

okay I'm gonna say it

"Breaking Bad can't be as good as everyone is on about"....

tbh never seen an episode of it, but it can't be as good as say

"Game of Thrones"

"The Wire"

"The Sopranos"

"Friday night Lights

"Rescue Me"

can it????

or am I missing out on something amazing here... sigh...
                                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                              okay I'm gonna say it

"Game of Thrones"

"The Wire"

"The Sopranos"

"Friday night Lights

"Rescue Me"

can it????

You are lucky.

You get to watch it start to finish. Do it!

Comment

Israel does offer a right of return for Jews worldwide but unless you specifically take advantage of this, for say Paddy Goldstein from Ballybacka, to state his nationality as 'Jewish' is essentially meaningless.

I've never come across it myself. Whereas Paddy identifying himself as 'Jewish' (i.e. in terms of identity) would be perfectly normal, in much the same way as millions of Americans like to think of themselves as 'Irish'.

I am right and you are wrong.
                                                                Whether their "Jewish" nationality is recognised in the eyes of respective states is an entirely different argument. Judaism is considered by many jews to be a culture and nation as well as a religion. I find you counter argument quite bizarre given this is how they present themselves a group. The fact that you haven't had dealings with people who consider their Jewish faith to also be their nationality doesn't mean these people don't exist.

You will also find millions of people to oppose your belief that nationality without the documentation to support it is "meaningless". The republicans in Northern Ireland who were denied Irish citizenship for years before the Good Friday Agreement are one such group so holding a passport isn't the sole method of defining nationality

Comment

okay I'm gonna say it

"Game of Thrones"

"The Wire"

"The Sopranos"

"Friday night Lights

"Rescue Me"

can it????

did 2 episodes hated it!

chanel obsessed , nuff said. we never agree on anything lol
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

did 2 episodes hated it!

chanel obsessed , nuff said. we never agree on anything lol
                                                                    I was far from impressed initially and even now wouldn't rate it as highly as most, but due to the hype I stuck with it and really glad I did. First season and even some of the second season is a bit slow to get into, but once u get into it really kicks off. Season 3 steps up a gear and season 4 steps it up again.
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I'd never trust an opinion of anyone who says Breaking Bad is in the same class as The Wire or The Sopranos.

Comment

Is there some device you can buy to strengthen the signal from your router, some sort of booster?

I live in an L shaped two storey house, the router is in the bedroom at the top end of the L, the living room is the other corner of the L.

The signal is terrible in the living room, I just did some speed tests, the first one is in the living room, second is ten feet away outside the liv room door and the third is six inches from the router.

Is this just a simple signal issue or is there something up?

Edit, just noticed my phone signal follows the same path, would there be some interference in the Liv room? Sky box maybe?

Edit edit, the signal is pretty crap (3.17) in the kitchen which is directly below the router, so I'm guessing there's an issue and it's not to do with the L shape.
                                                                        Last edited by Lazare; 18-08-13, 20:12.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                          I was far from impressed initially and even now wouldn't rate it as highly as most, but due to the hype I stuck with it and really glad I did. First season and even some of the second season is a bit slow to get into, but once u get into it really kicks off. Season 3 steps up a gear and season 4 steps it up again.
                                                                          dunno I just found it dull tbh whereas when himself went on about The Walking dead and i watched it I was hooked from the start. thats about the only one I liked .
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Dexter
                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                            Its really annoying me now. No major character deaths or even a decent build up to a grandstand finale and there's only four episodes left. It feels like just another series, except more boring. It was meant to be far more epic than it has been so far!!

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                              I'd never trust an opinion of anyone who says Breaking Bad is in the same class as The Wire or The Sopranos.
                                                                              I think I've found my signature

Comment

Considering a 5/7 day trip to Lebanon in Oct.

Most advice seems to be stay close to Beirut (which suits us as i'd image there's enough interesting stuff to do there), avoid Tripoli and the border with Syria.

Anyone got any experience? Pointers? DIY or is package safer?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Russian athletes protest the anti-gay laws in their country. Fair play girls

Comment

Straight to Siberia when they return home I'd imagine

Comment

okay I'm gonna say it

"Game of Thrones"

"The Wire"

"The Sopranos"

"Friday night Lights

"Rescue Me"

can it????

I've never seen any of these, and never even heard of 2 of them.

Comment

Straight to Siberia when they return home I'd imagine
                                                                                        Championships are on in Moscow

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                          You going foreign for the hols ? Another cruise ?
                                                                                          Living of the hotel vouchers we got as wedding presents this year. Don't think I'd go on another cruise for a while tbh, yourself?
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                            Russian athletes protest the anti-gay laws in their country. Fair play girls
                                                                                            so would you feel the same if it was this way? fair play boys

Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

In Dublin you can always find a party, in Soviet Russia, party can always find you.
                                                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                Championships are on in Moscow
                                                                                                They won't arrest them with the eyes of the world watching though. Wait till they get home and there'll be a visitor waiting to bring them to camp

Comment

so would you feel the same if it was this way? fair play boys

Of course. They were making a statement against an archaic and discriminatory law being introduced in their country. Why wouldn't anyone support it if it was 2 men involved?

Comment

Comment

Do many people struggle with the correct use of 'been' (past tense) and 'being'?
                                                                                                      Give us an example of such an error.

Personally I'm a big fan of the past-habitual "I do be". Usually brightens up my day a little when I hear it.

On another topic what are the options available to someone who would like to listen to UK radio stations clearly? I know one could have a laptop / tablet and listen via wifi. I know one can listen through UPC box on one's TV.

Any other options? If you have a digital radio does that only get Irish stations or does it get UK ones?

Comment

Just saw this thread on 2+2 http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...g-bet-1361448/

Guy has to live in a bathtub for 6 days. Gets 5 PBnJ sandwiches and water supplied, no electronics, books allowed. Cannot leave tub for 6 days, incl no bathroom breaks.

Only read the first few pages of the thread but sounds way harder to me than people are saying.
                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Of course. They were making a statement against an archaic and discriminatory law being introduced in their country. Why wouldn't anyone support it if it was 2 men involved?
                                                                                                          just wondering if Kev or anybody else posted same thing but with men, bet someone would say ah ffs spoiler that shit. If I showed my pic to other half he tell me gtfo.

just mad the way with women to men its more acceptable if ya get me
                                                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 18-08-13, 20:56.
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                            Just saw this thread on 2+2 http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...g-bet-1361448/

Guy has to live in a bathtub for 6 days. Gets 5 PBnJ sandwiches and water supplied, no electronics, books allowed. Cannot leave tub for 6 days, incl no bathroom breaks.

Only read the first few pages of the thread but sounds way harder to me than people are saying.
                                                                                                            can't see this as being/been? hard - is there water in the bath? can he turn on the hot/cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                              can't see this as being/been? hard - is there water in the bath? can he turn on the hot/cold?
                                                                                                              no water in the bath. He can turn water on and off as he pleases.
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                So you will do it?

We will let you decide on if you want water in it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  Give us an example of such an error.

If you have a digital radio does that only get Irish stations or does it get UK ones?

Ah you are 'been' pedantic!

Can I receive stations from outside Ireland on my DAB receiver?

No. Unlike satellite radio or Internet radio, DAB digital radio is land based and only operates within its transmission range. UK services, including the BBC will not be available on DAB digital radio set here in Ireland as there is no capacity or regulatory framework to facilitate them and vice versa for Irish stations in the UK
                                                                                                                  Can I take my DAB digital radio abroad and still listen to the same stations?

No. DAB digital radio is a terrestrial technology using land-based transmitters. You can only listen to stations when you are within their transmission range. Some English language radio stations are available via satellite radio. For more information visit www.astra.lu.
                                                                                                                  If I take my DAB digital radio abroad, will I be able to pick up foreign DAB services?

Yes. In Ireland, DAB services are broadcast on a band of spectrum called Band III. Many European countries also use Band III
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What about crapping?

Comment

just wondering if Kev or anybody else posted same thing but with men, bet someone would say ah ffs spoiler that shit. If I showed my pic to other half he tell me gtfo.

just mad the way with women to men its more acceptably if ya get me
                                                                                                                      I remember being disgusted, at seeing what I thought was 2 blokes snogging in a cinema queue. Must have been the mid 1980's. Said a lot more about me than them. Actually was a boy/girl couple
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                        I remember being disgusted, at seeing what I thought was 2 blokes snogging in a cinema queue. Must have been the mid 1980's. Said a lot more about me than them. Actually was a boy/girl couple
                                                                                                                        Chanel was out the other night and told me the next day that two fellas were shifting on the dance floor and everyone was laughing, disgusting she said. I pulled her up and said why so disgusting ffs , they are no different to a girl and a fella doing the same , ah she says I know what you are saying and one of my friends is gay but its just so wrong in public. surely to God in 2013 it should be some way acceptable
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                          What about crapping?
                                                                                                                          he 'negotiated' one zip lock bag.

he says he's aiming to not have to go more than twice in the 6 days. I'm not sure if he's allowed crap in the bag, and then throw it in the toilet (obv without leaving the tub).

Other than that, I assume it's a case of using the drain and water in the tub to rid any casual feces laying around his temporary home.

This facet of the bet is the biggest killer for me. Throw in a 30 min bathroom break every 24hrs and it's tough but doable. Having to manage ur own shit just makes it not worth it/too tough imo
                                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X