This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Danny

While your on could you tell me where ya got the portable charger for your Nexus7 please?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      Rasta you seem to be knocking around close to the Fairview area with a few quid in your pocket. Why don't you rent Canters:
      http://www.myhome.ie/commercial/broc...blin-3/1835364
      Simo's Sushi will be my first venture. Location will need to be city.
      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
        @Danny

While your on could you tell me where ya got the portable charger for your Nexus7 please?
        Amazon have loads of them. The higher the mAH number the better.

I have one I got a year or so ago, very handy for travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
          Is this the type of Mustard you have in your avatar?

same brand different mustard. That's the real Meaux mustard. thick grain, very tasty, very vinagry (sp?)

mine is called "moutarde des pompiers"

Comment

bits of saturday night are slowly coming back to me and i remember we ended up in rock lobster around 10pm.

i obviously wanted steak, and the waitress came out with a 1.2 kg piece of sirloin, which i quickly sent back saying it was too small.
            she then came out with a 1 and a half kilo portion, which i said was fine. She then enquired as to how i wanted it cooked, and i said as it is would be fine.
            Ended up having it as blue as the chef was comfortable with, which was very blue, with just a bit of color on the sides...we added a couple of lobsters for good measure.

can't fault it, was delicious!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              hmm Slovenia looks nice

Fantastic place, went canyoning in Bovec a while back. Cracked a rib doing a 12m Waterfall jump but worth it

People there are great and very welcoming. A drink they call Yellow Wasp is a must try
              sigpic
              www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                @Danny

Site called satechi.net haven't really used it too much yet, defo get a couple charges out of it for phones etc tried it on my Nexus 7 although it charged it you'd do well to get one full charge out of it from the small test I did. Bought the extended battery charger pack with all the connections for other devices, did say iPhone 5 (as people always ask for one) but doesn't have it.

They seem to do all kinds of gadgets, bought a wireless trigger for my camera for like €50odd and it works fantastic where the official Canon one is €450+
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Brag up E600 on caribbean stud playing E1.50 a bet
                  Beat took 4 hours
                  to much free time on my hands while on my holidays

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    Site called satechi.net haven't really used it too much yet, defo get a couple charges out of it for phones etc tried it on my Nexus 7 although it charged it you'd do well to get one full charge out of it from the small test I did. Bought the extended battery charger pack with all the connections for other devices, did say iPhone 5 (as people always ask for one) but doesn't have it.

They seem to do all kinds of gadgets, bought a wireless trigger for my camera for like €50odd and it works fantastic where the official Canon one is €450+
                    It's a fairly small capacity as external batteries go. If you had got a 12000 mAH one it would have done a couple of full charges of the N7 for you if needed.
                    Last edited by 6starpool; 20-05-13, 18:26. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                      Brag up E600 on caribbean stud playing E1.50 a bet
                      Beat took 4 hours
                      to much free time on my hands while on my holidays
                      Wouldn't really call €150 p/h a beat

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                        Wouldn't really call €150 p/h a beat
                        text me

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                          Mad Men

SPOILER
                          Wow, that was some headfuck. I enjoyed it immensely and I think it's one of my favourite episodes in MM history. So many wonderful moments and scenes. When Don does the lap and gives the speech, tap dancing, ear against the wall listening to the music, the bit on the stairs when it looks like he's going to faint..... Looking forward to watching it again.

Opr
                          Pretty fantastic episode really enjoyed it.

SPOILER
                          The tv site I read they normally run a recap of what's going on & what could possibly happen, just read it there and the guy absolutely hated it.

The tap dancing scene was absolutely hilarious, Rizzo scenes were golden, race around the office excellent.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          It's a fairly small capacity as external batteries go. If you had got a 12000 mAH one it would have done a couple of full charges of the N7 for you if needed.
                          Never really thought about it at the time, spotted one on your link that I might get when I come home. It's not something 100% needed but it's handy to have I suppose.

They have a 10,000mAh battery pack which I could've got but went with the one I did because people always ask for iPhone 5 chargers when I'm blogging, doesn't have it but so be it. Should be able to keep enough juice in my Nexus 7 & external battery to get me through the flight then I'll just charge the battery pack in Atlanta while I'm waiting for the next leg of the journey.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

First day in the hospital under my belt. Serious bit of craic, Settling down now with one of these

SPOILER

Btw BBv was excellent today - Hotspur say more things

Comment

whats that website you use to book a hotel, used it before for vegas you just basically say you want 4 star on strip or whatever and it finds you the deal?
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  First day in the hospital under my belt. Serious bit of craic, Settling down now with one of these

SPOILER

Btw BBv was excellent today - Hotspur say more things
                                  Did you hurt yourself? get well soon.
                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    Pretty fantastic episode really enjoyed it.

SPOILER
                                    The tv site I read they normally run a recap of what's going on & what could possibly happen, just read it there and the guy absolutely hated it.

The tap dancing scene was absolutely hilarious, Rizzo scenes were golden, race around the office excellent.

Never really thought about it at the time, spotted one on your link that I might get when I come home. It's not something 100% needed but it's handy to have I suppose.

They have a 10,000mAh battery pack which I could've got but went with the one I did because people always ask for iPhone 5 chargers when I'm blogging, doesn't have it but so be it. Should be able to keep enough juice in my Nexus 7 & external battery to get me through the flight then I'll just charge the battery pack in Atlanta while I'm waiting for the next leg of the journey.
                                    On the iphone 5 thing, you can probably pick up a plain iphone 5 usb cable for a couple of quid online and that should work with any of those external battery packs.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                      Did you hurt yourself? get well soon.
                                      He did, surprised you didnt hear about it.

PM Icarus for more details

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                        Serious bit of craic,
                                        In the maternity ward ??

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                          In the maternity ward ??
                                          close enough (gyn)

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                            yes but it was called something else at the time
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

you probably came across this already. its the off the ball teams new podcast second captains with the irish times. new podcast every tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                yes but it was called something else at the time
                                                Just reading the spiel on the ad where they say a bib means they're on their way to a star....bit of a stretch there lads!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                  I'm heading up to the O2 during the summer and am looking for a hotel for 2 nights.

Good quality 4*+, must have spa. Any suggestions?
                                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  the clarion in the ifsc.
                                                  There is a jacuzzi bath on the roof top here too in the penthouse suite - if your pushing the boat out....

Comment

On the subject of hotels, thinking of heading off somewhere the night after the wedding...dinner, bed, and breakfast for two at Druids Glen is €220. Anything better within about 45 minutes of Leixlip?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      Just reading the spiel on the ad where they say a bib means they're on their way to a star....bit of a stretch there lads!
                                                      was actually thinking of going there soon but these kind of 'deals' really put me off. Think I've bought maybe a dozen and been happy with the outcome maybe once\twice.

Stick to Hemingways imo for Clontarf dining. Went to Bay for brunch today, 'twas only OK.

Comment

On the subject of hotels, thinking of heading off somewhere the night after the wedding...dinner, bed, and breakfast for two at Druids Glen is €220. Anything better within about 45 minutes of Leixlip?
                                                        Athlone? Go to the Wineport Lodge

Comment

was actually thinking of going there soon but these kind of 'deals' really put me off. Think I've bought maybe a dozen and been happy with the outcome maybe once\twice.
                                                          +1

Comment

Hope I manage to get 3 one direction tickets this saturday. Mia is so excited that are finally playing here! wonder will it sell out straight away? and also wonder will they put on another date. Also she is getting holy communion next may would be some balls if it falls on the same day!
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                              Hope I manage to get 3 one direction tickets this saturday. Mia is so excited that are finally playing here! wonder will it sell out straight away? and also wonder will they put on another date. Also she is getting holy communion next may would be some balls if it falls on the same day!
                                                              it would be at night so wouldn't miss the holy communion

Comment

Standard parent play not to keep child in dark about concert like that until you have tickets etc?
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

A thought; can Camelot now be recognised as a Triple Crown winner?
                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  No, you have to win the St Ledger, not just come second. Unless MAZ is planning on confessing all then the result will stay.

I'm sure it leaves quite a sour taste in the mouth down Tipperary way though.
                                                                  Encke positive for steroids in todays tests, Coolmore entitled to be ever more pissed off at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                    Standard parent play not to keep child in dark about concert like that until you have tickets etc?
                                                                    ah if I have to beg borrow or steal ill get her there. Her room is covered with one direction posters, she has the earphones all the dolls, books, diaries, pens and cup. loves them!! I know someone that knows owner of Trax here in town , text him to see could he get me sitting tickets, awaiting reply.
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      Encke positive for steroids in todays tests, Coolmore entitled to be ever more pissed off at this stage.
                                                                      Sure, they have to sell their horse spunk to the towelheads. Best not be too irate.

Comment

ah if I have to beg borrow or steal ill get her there. Her room is covered with one direction posters, she has the earphones all the dolls, books, diaries, pens and cup. loves them!! I know someone that knows owner of Trax here in town , text him to see could he get me sitting tickets, awaiting reply.
                                                                        Lucie would love that too. Where are they playing? Just think that a treat like that might be good for her after everything she has gone through lately.

Comment

Speaking of communions, I was talking to a customer today who said he was at one last Sat in Castleknock Hotel, a prime function room with a balcony overlooking the golf course.

Three course meal and free bar.

What the fuck?

Has the world gone totally fucking mad?

He said the couple that organised it haven't a pot to piss in and are struggling to pay debts, but their friends, the Jones' all have plenty of bobs.

What has happened to this country?

I remember when I made it, your oul lad would borrow a car from whichever one of your uncles had the best one, a Cortina I think and you'd spend the day spluttering back and forth across the county visiting aunties with the hand out.

I have one snapshot memory of the day, a pile of pound notes strewn on the carpet, home at last with the day's haul, drudgery over.

My kids won't know what a communion is.

Fuck that shit.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ah boo. The namawinelake blog has been closed. Probably the most important internet source as to what's been going on in this country.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                              Lucie would love that too. Where are they playing? Just think that a treat like that might be good for her after everything she has gone through lately.
                                                                              croke park May 2014 Tickets on sale this Saturday! you should take her.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                I would have thought they would be anything but pissed off.
                                                                                Not sure what you mean.
                                                                                Obviously they can eventually advertise the horses stud career as moral winner of the TC if they want, but they've still been robbed of the 'glory on the day'. I know they are hard nosed businessmen at heart but there did seem to be a big element of really wanting it for the sporting achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  Speaking of communions, I was talking to a customer today who said he was at one last Sat in Castleknock Hotel, a prime function room with a balcony overlooking the golf course.

Three course meal and free bar.

What the fuck?

Has the world gone totally fucking mad?

He said the couple that organised it haven't a pot to piss in and are struggling to pay debts, but their friends, the Jones' all have plenty of bobs.

What has happened to this country?

I remember when I made it, your oul lad would borrow a car from whichever one of your uncles had the best one, a Cortina I think and you'd spend the day spluttering back and forth across the county visiting aunties with the hand out.

I have one snapshot memory of the day, a pile of pound notes strewn on the carpet, home at last with the day's haul, drudgery over.

My kids won't know what a communion is.

Fuck that shit.
                                                                                  I will be doing what I did for Chanel. Meal in a hotel early bird if I can get one for about 10 of us. have one or two drinks and then home, take Mia off to Dublin the next day to spend some of her loots!
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Was in Donegal (Inishowen) at weekend this is whats left of road after torrential rain on Saturday

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                    http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

In my house the only tradition I allowed for communion was that the kid who got the loots did the weekly shopping that week.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can't beat a few beers in Mahons in Kildare, ordering top shelf spirits that I really can't afford!!

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                                                          Was in Donegal (Inishowen) at weekend this is whats left of road after torrential rain on Saturday

[/IMG]
                                                                                          Where abouts is that? Road from Carn to Culdaff?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                            Quality trolling.

Controls the army (who he took into his department and increased their numbers), the Gardai (whose numbers he reduced), he controls admission to the State through immigration, he controls law reform, wants to control both the legal profession and the judiciary and now he is keeping dossiers on political opponents.

Nothing untoward there at all
                                                                                            For such a clever man he seems to have a very poor understanding of constitutional law and human rights, given how he seems to ignore both as much as possible until called on it. You could be forgiven for thinking that he understands it perfectly, but is quite happy to break it in order to score political points.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Stick to Hemingways imo for Clontarf dining. Went to Bay for brunch today, 'twas only OK.
                                                                                              Yeah it's definitely a bad sign for a place to go down the deals route, but Downstairs is still good value, which is basically what the Bib is awarded for.

Find Bay very pretentious. My only experience with it was paying something like 14 quid for a fry that didn't even include coffee.

Comment

Athlone? Go to the Wineport Lodge
                                                                                                Balls...looks lovely but booked up the day in question.

Comment

Find Bay very pretentious. My only experience with it was paying something like 14 quid for a fry that didn't even include coffee.
                                                                                                  9, including coffee this morning.

Comment

Where abouts is that? Road from Carn to Culdaff?
                                                                                                    Craigtown Road just outside Carn
                                                                                                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                    http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Balls...looks lovely but booked up the day in question.
                                                                                                      hmmmmm

Lyrath? Be there in an hour

Comment

9, including coffee this morning.
                                                                                                        This was about 3 years ago...That's a decent price, in line with the competition.

Edit: Their site says €13?

Adding flavour and creativity to the Clontarf restaurant scene since 2003. Open early for breakfast, quick lunch & relaxing dinner 7 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                                                                          Craigtown Road just outside Carn
                                                                                                          that near inch island?

Comment

Might have missed you posting about it since, but I hope your medical tests went well the other day, or maybe you haven't had results yet.

Comment

Didn't know people still went to hotels & the likes after commuions/conformations. Seems pretty old school,80's talk to me to me. Everyone does this at home now with bouncy castle etc. for the kids and either get people in to do the catering or just do it yourself..
                                                                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

hmmmmm

Lyrath? Be there in an hour
                                                                                                                €270 there which is a bit ott, not mad on Asian grub unless in Asia either!...prolly just go with DG...cheers for the recommendations though.

Comment

This was about 3 years ago...That's a decent price, in line with the competition.

Edit: Their site says €13?

http://www.bay.ie/menus/breakfast
                                                                                                                  I think they've changed the menu. The one I saw today was shorter and simpler, bo eggs benedict etc. I'd say they do a 'weekday' breakfast and a weekend brunch?

Quite annoying the way all the options have their calorie counts listed out

Comment

Surely communions and conformations will soon be seen as a violation of children's rights. They seem to be getting bigger each year though. Terrible pressure to be putting on parents and children.

Comment

€270 there which is a bit ott, not mad on Asian grub unless in Asia either!...prolly just go with DG...cheers for the recommendations though.
                                                                                                                      Carlton House so. Last chance.

Comment

How is this effect produced? Is it during recording - so dependant on the camera - or post-production?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                                          Surely communions and conformations will soon be seen as a violation of children's rights. They seem to be getting bigger each year though. Terrible pressure to be putting on parents and children.
                                                                                                                          Epic typo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X