Comment

Wow.

Comment

my faith is restored

I might even pick a winner tomorrow
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Ya, not an easy thing to extract. I am fiddling about trying to get a list for you here but not as straightforward as I would have thought unfortunately.
          fairly handy mysql script surely?
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Messi masterclass tonight... Hard to see them fail now...

How much is he on a week ??

250K ?

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
              not home long from work. Ugh was a tough day, a call back I had fell through and I knocked a lot of doors by 5pm I was getting worried . The other chap that was taken on with me had one up and me Zero. This fucking kills me!!!
              This is a seriously emotional -EV way to live your life.

Comment

Someway for Barca to silence the retarded kneejerk/short termist critics. They always look far more dangerous with Villa in the team, and Messi looks happier with him there too.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  what was robinhno thinking there
                  It was hilarious, he tried so many times to make a balls of that free kick before finally getting his wish.

Milan have to go down as the greatest chokers in European football. Deportivo, Liverpool and tonight, although tonight was nowhere near as bad as the other two.

That's without mentioning there near-implosion against Arsenal last year.

Comment

Do Barca still need a big man up front?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                      Do Barca still need a big man up front?
                      Need a plan B/C/D, everyone has discovered the secret of beating them.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        This is a seriously emotional -EV way to live your life.
                        Im grand now tomorrow is another day
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

The thing about Barca is that they are a layers dream. They are also past it I believe and need to change their style.

Comment

Lloyd will be gutted. Hopefully the Jets sign Sanchez to another long-term contract to cheer him up.
                            Last edited by Teddie; 12-03-13, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                              Messi masterclass tonight... Hard to see them fail now...

How much is he on a week ??

250K ?
                              He transcends money, cease your vulgar talk

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                You still owe me a bottle of Havana club you c**t,

Comment

fairly handy mysql script surely?
                                  The post_thanks table records thanks given, not received. No idea how to do it, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    The bit where he almost rolled a guy's ankle with his control tonight was gold. Wonder if a gif will appear?

Comment

Review todays calls .... and events

Take all of these suggestions as constructive and continued good luck in your new career ...

-- Your " call back " fell through. No problem, forget about it ( record the reason as to why they decide not to purchase )

-- You knocked on lots of doors before and after 5pm. Thats what you do. You are giving information to potential customers ( it is not a hard sell ). Go back over the calls and write a few notes in a diary with a view to canvassing the same estate in say 6 months. Some people will have improved personal financial circumstances and they will remember your " March " call.

-- " The other chap had 1 sale " ... Don't compare yourself to anyone " EVER " ... You were professional in your presentations today and none of your colleagues would have sold to the people you called to.

-- You drove to Portlaoise, back to Mountmellick ... and you followed a lead and " YOU CLOSED A SALE " ... well done.

-- Dont wait for your boss to text looking for results ... TEXT first ( irrespective of number of sales )

-- Dont dare begin at 10am in the morning ... the nature of the business will have you working every evening ( call backs / people finishing work ) and you will burn out. Enjoy a walk, go for a jog ... relax.

-- The work you done today will be rewarded in a few days time when a sale will come relatively easy. ( Its the nature of your career ... put in the calls and the sales will look after themselves )

Have a good nights sleep and GOOD LUCK tomorrow ( and the next day, and next week and next month )

Comment

Im grand now tomorrow is another day
                                        It's not just today, you have mentioned before how you are driven in work by showing up others by doing "X + 1" where X = the performance of colleagues on whatever random thing is being done.

It just doesn't seem like a good equation for contentment to me, given that so much of it will be outside of your control. This is especially the case in what you are doing with Sky. The sales are so low per day that it is equivalent in sample size to getting really annoyed if you lose a single hand in a poker tournament.

You can do as well as you possibly and still get zero sales if the average is 2 per day. You will even have stretches of them. Likewise some other lucksack who couldn't sell drugs in prison will often bink sales due purely to the door that's knocked on.

So whatcha gonna do? Tie your emotions to such tiny fluctuations in probability?

Also, I wonder how much of the variance is accounted for by sales skill? What type of range in results do people get do you know? Are there those who consistently significantly outperform others in sales for the same amount of doors knocked on in the same areas?

Comment

Evening folks how's tricks around here, have a bit of time to kill before I've to hit another tournament so will catch up on all the IPB antics.

EPT London been pretty good so far busy busy but picking up bit's & bob's along the way, Neil Stoddart is a fantastic photographer his style/framing is pretty sweet on his photo's if I can get like that in time to come I will be very happy.

Will probably do a smallish trip report when I get home
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

The post_thanks table records thanks given, not received. No idea how to do it, tbh.
                                            The stats plugin already counts them.
                                            You need to pull that apart and see the top thanked script and go from there.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Love how mijfers advice is so similar to Hotspurs more academic advice.

Though
                                              Dont dare begin at 10am in the morning ... the nature of the business will have you working every evening ( call backs / people finishing work ) and you will burn out. Enjoy a walk, go for a jog ... relax.
                                              for me is the most practical bit.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                Evening folks how's tricks around here, have a bit of time to kill before I've to hit another tournament so will catch up on all the IPB antics.

EPT London been pretty good so far busy busy but picking up bit's & bob's along the way, Neil Stoddart is a fantastic photographer his style/framing is pretty sweet on his photo's if I can get like that in time to come I will be very happy.

Will probably do a smallish trip report when I get home
                                                Saw a few pics on the EPT facebook page sir, keep up the good work.

Comment

Ming Wtf were you on the phone for anyway

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 13-03-13, 07:19.
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The stats plugin already counts them.
                                                    You need to pull that apart and see the top thanked script and go from there.
                                                    http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...hp?do=cybstats
                                                    I did that and found that the thanks plugin added a column to the post table called post_thanks_amount which is exactly what I need. Rigger's 2 most thanked posts on here to date (both have 59 as of now) are:

The most thanked post ever on IPB is........

Ste's 'I'm not an admin anymore' post.

Comment

I did that and found that the thanks plugin added a column to the post table called post_thanks_amount which is exactly what I need. Rigger's 2 most thanked posts on here to date (both have 59 as of now) are:

The most thanked post ever on IPB is........

Ste's 'I'm not an admin anymore' post.
                                                      Code:
                                                      SELECT userID, postid, SUM(post_thanks_amount) AS Amount
                                                      FROM vbulletin_posts_table
                                                      ORDER BY Amount DESC
                                                      GROUP BY userID, postid
                                                      LIMIT 10
                                                      something like that...

Comment

Code:
                                                        SELECT userID, postid, SUM(post_thanks_amount) AS Amount
                                                        FROM vbulletin_posts_table
                                                        ORDER BY Amount DESC
                                                        GROUP BY userID, postid
                                                        LIMIT 10
                                                        something like that...
                                                        The below works. Bit more basic than yours, but works grand.

SELECT userID, postid, post_thanks_amount
                                                        FROM post
                                                        WHERE userid =84
                                                        GROUP BY userID, postid
                                                        ORDER BY `post`.`post_thanks_amount` DESC
                                                        LIMIT 10

Comment

not home long from work. Ugh was a tough day, a call back I had fell through and I knocked a lot of doors by 5pm I was getting worried . The other chap that was taken on with me had one up and me Zero. This fucking kills me!!!

Told myself cop on it was early yet and went for a coffee and went to an estate I knew the other two wouldnt have known about as it was off the beaten track. Knocked every door and fuck all. Sat in the car after very down on myself. Drove to portlaoise to a girl I thought might be interested in the Broadband but she decided against it when I informed her that no it doesnt come through her dish

Then decided I would drive the 6 miles back to mountmellick to call to a chap who moved into a house that someone else told me about , this was 7.45 and I really was starting to panic , didnt help that chanel called and told me she couldnt get the fire going at all and she was out of firelighters and that Mia was playing up ugh!!! Luckily enough the chap was home and signed him up . boss text at 9pm for sales update and I didnt feel to good sending a text with one sale!

Think Ill go at 10 am in the morning.
                                                          dont worry about it Satnav. In poker terms its just variance and although you may feel tilted diverging from what you know is a winning strategy is just going to lose you money (sales) in the long term.

You're going to get days like today and worse the important thing is not to let it get you down just like you shouldnt be too over the moon on a good day and realise that in the long run it will all even itself out

Comment

I see Diarmuid Connonly is going to get a year in jail. Delighted. He was on my football team when i was 12-15 and he was a detestable fucking scumbag then too.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                              I see Diarmuid Connonly is going to get a year in jail. Delighted. He was on my football team when i was 12-15 and he was a detestable fucking scumbag then too.
                                                              link?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                link?

Comment

ah he'll get a suspended sentence Id say

Comment

Yeah i suppose, though i think an unprovoked broken eye socket deserves a lot more

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                      Looking for €30 on paddy , have Boyles/ftp if anyone can help
                                                                      Tnx
                                                                      I'll ship first etc

Comment

FROM post
                                                                        WHERE userid =84
                                                                        GROUP BY userID, postid
                                                                        LIMIT 10
                                                                        No need for the grouping.
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                          No need for the grouping.
                                                                          Ya I know, was just bastardising DP's one. Once I found the extra column on the post table there was nothing to it at all.

Comment

Top 10 most thanked posts of yours on here and on boards imo.

lol, thanks. Jesus that post is so tight.
                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

FROM post
                                                                              WHERE userid =84
                                                                              GROUP BY userID, postid
                                                                              LIMIT 10
                                                                              So you have all 10?
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                So you have all 10?
                                                                                Yes.

Comment

would pay for a book full of such quality!
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

lol @ boxer going after twitter troll

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                      Fuck me Barca are really at it here but Milan have great counter attacking options that's going to make this a brilliant game.
                                                                                      lol
                                                                                      Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                      Someway for Barca to silence the retarded kneejerk/short termist critics. They always look far more dangerous with Villa in the team, and Messi looks happier with him there too.
                                                                                      As above. lol and then again down with this quote LOL.

You silly bitch of a fanboy.

Barca got beat 2-0 by a pretty bad side in terms of CL last 16 then beat them at home but should have been 1-1. Lucky tbh. But we will pretend they are the best ever cause they pass the ball 20 more times than they should.

When a good solid team plays them they are out but the English teams (Chelsea & ManYoo) are out and not up to their best atm. Bayern are that team this year and will do them.

ManYoo would prob choke tbh, no team could do what we did last year as United showed this season.

Wait til Barca meet Bayern. Then I can lol at the fanboys.

Comment

While Im telling the controversial truth. LOL Fergie. Said his players legs were gone after midweek...

Did he forget Chelsea were in Romania on Thursday and they were in Manchester on Tuesday?

Stupid old cunt is losing it and pretty shit at making excuses in his old age.

Comment

Lastly, 8/10 rugby posters are clueless cunts.

The same figure as football.

Gondnight!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Gondnight!
                                                                                            *Goodnight

Comment

PokerStars - Omaha Cash Games - $10/20 Blinds - 2 Players
                                                                                              Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

WELKIN450 (BB): $1,900
                                                                                              Gio1323 (BTN): $1,100

Pre-flop: Dealt to WELKIN450 Q:diamond: 4:club: T:club: 6:diamond:
                                                                                              Gio1323 calls $10, WELKIN450 checks

Flop: ($40) Q:spade: 4:heart: 2:spade: (2 Players)
                                                                                              WELKIN450 checks, Gio1323 bets $40, WELKIN450 calls $40

Turn: ($120) 4:diamond: (2 Players)
                                                                                              WELKIN450 checks, Gio1323 checks

River: ($120) 4:spade: (2 Players)
                                                                                              WELKIN450 bets $120, Gio1323 raises to $260, WELKIN450 raises to $780, Gio1323 calls $640
                                                                                              WELKIN450 Showed Q:diamond: 4:club: T:club: 6:diamond:
                                                                                              Gio1323 Showed 9:heart: 2:diamond: 6:heart: Q:club:
                                                                                              WELKIN450 wins $1,920

Comment

Compensation for the victim, community service and the probation act.
                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Gondnight!
                                                                                                  Arrange these posters in order of their cluedness please. Ambiguously do not identify which direction the cluedness goes in.

Shrapnel
                                                                                                  Strewelpeter
                                                                                                  TomD
                                                                                                  Emmet
                                                                                                  LuckyLloyd
                                                                                                  Bubbleking
                                                                                                  VforVendetta
                                                                                                  Raoul Duke III
                                                                                                  dazzler
                                                                                                  jack90210

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                    You still owe me a bottle of Havana club you c**t,
                                                                                                    I do

I can give it to you but please remind me why

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                                                      Really? Feel sorry for is Dad. An absolute gent.

Comment

According to that article he lives on my road...strange.

Comment

Just watched our dog give birth to puppy number 5. What started out as a lovely experience turned into the grossest thing I have ever seen!

She is a tiny wee thing as well and has had 5 puppies already. Not a whimper out of her as well as she did it. No need for epidurals or gas & air!

Comment

but she decided against it when I informed her that no it doesnt come through her dish
                                                                                                            Sky could corner a significant portion of the market, particularly in rural areas if they decided to roll this our rather than the ole phoneline crap.

Comment

Sky in the north/uk will subsidise a phone line installation for Ppl who don't have a landline. I had to pay BT but then got credit in my sky account for the fees. If they do the same in south could be a good angle. Must say the "one bill" for everything was v handy. I only changed to BT cos they had the fibre broadband
                                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                                Sky could corner a significant portion of the market, particularly in rural areas if they decided to roll this our rather than the ole phoneline crap.
                                                                                                                You are damn right. We can only get 0.8 download where we are and if they could do something like that we would jump on it in a second!

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                                  Do Sky have the infrastructure to roll out a good Satellite broadband service? If they could they would, and not have to tie themselves into Eircoms crappy limited infrastructure.
                                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                    Do Sky have the infrastructure to roll out a good Satellite broadband service? If they could they would, and not have to tie themselves into Eircoms crappy limited infrastructure.
                                                                                                                    Virgin media in the UK have a good system. My folks have fab BB and it is nothing to do with their phone line, They do though now have the phone through them but they are totally separate. They used to be with BT years ago and I got them to sign with NTL for the TV and then the BB package and finally they have all three.

I think it is a fibre cable infrastructure they put down though. I remember when NTL first started and they dug up my garden in parts to out the cables down.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                      Virgin media in the UK have a good system. My folks have fab BB and it is nothing to do with their phone line, They do though now have the phone through them but they are totally separate. They used to be with BT years ago and I got them to sign with NTL for the TV and then the BB package and finally they have all three.

I think it is a fibre cable infrastructure they put down though. I remember when NTL first started and they dug up my garden in parts to out the cables down.
                                                                                                                      Virgin use a fibre network (may even piggy back on BT's, not 100%).

There are two fibre to the house providers in Ireland (for varying values of "to the house") UPC and Magnet.

There's only a few small dish network satellite broadband providers in Ireland and from all reports they're pretty terrible.
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I need some bbv help, might anyone know where I can find some Dalwhinnie 15 year old single malt, or some Glen Moray also a 12 yo single malt?

I've checked the usual suspects O'Briens and Tesco, I find both on Amazon but the Dalwhinnie seller won't ship to Ireland and Glen Moray seller wants as much for the bottle for shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                          Really? Feel sorry for is Dad. An absolute gent.
                                                                                                                          Yeah, worked with his dad last year, a class act.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X