X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Excellent final round for McIlroy, really hope he's shaken the demons, great timing too.

Btw, wtf is he at doing those ridiculous Santander ads after signing a quarter billion deal with Nike?

Prior comittments?
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Excellent final round for McIlroy, really hope he's shaken the demons, great timing too.

Btw, wtf is he at doing those ridiculous Santander ads after signing a quarter billion deal with Nike?

Prior comittments?
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
          Care to pm me that street address so can tweet it?
          Pm the address so you can tweet it publicly to randomers on the internet?

Comment

GF's street is the same, seems to be related to the electoral boundaries
            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
              Doubt it tbh, I'd say he hates having to do it.

Just googled it there, he signed a multi year deal with Santander in 2011.

Comment

Comment

Comment

hmm yeah! Maybe didn't think that one through Meant the street. Although said tweeted randomers wouldn't know it was Collies street
                    i would
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      Did arty student think you were talking about Mrs Brown's boys?
                      Lol. She knew. We still lol at you're 'you're so Young!' comments.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                        Lol. She knew. We still lol at you're 'you're so Young!' comments.
                        golly bars stopped being made before she was born
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Well you'd know the street. You'd then have to order an immediate courier pickup and see which house someone flew out of on their bike with camera attached to helmet.
                            And a spongebob T-shirt.
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

just realised southland is back!
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                entire system is a joke.
                                Given it's a self-assessed tax, the Revenue should be applauded for giving guidance such as this. They could give no guidance and insist on everybody having their homes valued.

Comment

My nephew's got the skillz, I tried to get him to take up guitar, he won't be able to if he pursues this as a career....

Comment

I may be a bit late here, but presumably you've all seen this Trinity Jailbreaks thing ?? Just after ending there now. Pretty amazing stuff.

Comment

Comment

Comment

so its defintely gonna snow?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

They keep mentioning streamers and DP. No idea what these are but they seem critical. Its like following some random Olympic sport given how into the weather this crowd are. Like they are currently literally willing the snow across from Wales.

Anyway, STREAMERS ARE FORMING as we speak. DP -2.
                                            At least poker keeps its notation simple that anyone could follow it.
                                            Opened 2.2x 98s HJ playing 17BB, SB who covers completed and donked half pot on T83r. Me?

Comment

I know it's almost sacrilege to speak ill of snow but it can go fuck itself imo, can be fun for 5 minutes but there's faaarrr more negatives (in Ireland anyway) than positives. You'd want to have a pretty shit life if your excited by the prospect of it.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                so its defintely gonna snow?
                                                Too cold to snow

Comment

Comment

Weather thread on today/tomorrow weather on boards.ie is surprisingly addictive: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...896284&page=67
                                                    Haha it is

"think I just saw some snow in Lucan"

"Radar backs that up"!!
                                                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Once it doesn't snow in Cheltenham I don't care.

Comment

I was right to slow play it, wasn't I?
                                                            I wanted ALL his chips, FML

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 16.5 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB (t4,725)
                                                            BB (t2,380)
                                                            UTG (t5,215)
                                                            UTG+1 (t3,665)
                                                            Hero (MP1) (t6,575)
                                                            MP2 (t2,365)
                                                            MP3 (t3,860)
                                                            CO (t4,397)
                                                            Button (t2,885)

Hero's M: 73.06

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K
                                                            2 folds, Hero bets t180, 5 folds, BB raises to t480, Hero calls t300

Flop: (t990) 5, 6, K (2 players)
                                                            BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t990) 10 (2 players)
                                                            BB bets t360, Hero calls t360

River: (t1,710) 10 (2 players)
                                                            BB bets t1,540 (All-In), Hero calls t1,540

Total pot: t4,790
                                                            Main pot: t4,790 between BB and Hero, won by BB

Results below:
                                                            SPOILER

BB had 10, 10 (four of a kind, tens).
                                                            Hero had K, K (full house, Kings over tens).
                                                            Outcome: BB won t4,790
                                                            One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              I know it's almost sacrilege to speak ill of snow but it can go fuck itself imo, can be fun for 5 minutes but there's faaarrr more negatives (in Ireland anyway) than positives. You'd want to have a pretty shit life if your excited by the prospect of it.
                                                              ah i like the way the country shuts down.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                I'm excited by the prospect of it, I absolutely love it.

Love the silence of it, love how beautiful it makes everything, love how it gets the whole neighbourhood out enjoying it.

Love how I can make the positives far outweigh the negatives.

A small part of the reason why I have a pretty good life.

You should try it.

Comment

ah i like the way the country shuts down.
                                                                  Think of poor me , Cold calling literately
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                    Think of poor me , Cold calling literately
                                                                    no sympathy i worked outside through the night during "the big freeze".
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Snow is 'nice', but inconvenient. Nothing more to be said about it really.

Comment

anyone see the hardy bucks in the cinema yet? is it any use?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                          Saw something earlier saying they have the entire course covered to prevent freezing, I know v little about racing but I'd imagine thats a LOT of cover and unusual for a race track to have such a facility, would I be correct?

Comment

Comment

Ramona Nicholas on Dragon's Den is a looker imo

Comment

no sympathy i worked outside through the night during "the big freeze".
                                                                                No way you were working in 1947
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                  Saw something earlier saying they have the entire course covered to prevent freezing, I know v little about racing but I'd imagine thats a LOT of cover and unusual for a race track to have such a facility, would I be correct?
                                                                                  Yes it's a big undertaking, especially at cheltenham. Their racecourse covers a vast area, and there are actually two separate tracks which are used during the week, one on Tuesday and Wednesday and another on Thursday and Friday.

It happens reasonably often in some of the bigger courses during the winter, but most courses would only be a fraction of the acreage of Cheltenham.

There is also a Cross Country course there but I'd be very surprised if that is covered.

Comment

It's massive alright, even bigger when you realise its actually 3 different courses they race on.
                                                                                    Its definitely unusual, and expensive - only happens for a handful of meetings.

Comment

Yes it's a big undertaking, especially at cheltenham. Their racecourse covers a vast area, and there are actually two separate tracks which are used during the week, one on Tuesday and Wednesday and another on Thursday and Friday.

It happens reasonably often in some of the bigger courses during the winter, but most courses would only be a fraction of the acreage of Cheltenham.

There is also a Cross Country course there but I'd be very surprised if that is covered.
                                                                                      Just remembered it was on the weather forum on boards I saw the link to the story,

Seems the cross country is covered as well, or at least some part of it.

That is fascinating that 2 different courses are used, never knew that.

Comment

Scenery....overrated?

To quote a wise kid "I'm not sure I believe in scenery".
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Fuckoff snow imo.

Rolled my ankle today in a pre match warm up so getting to work on snow and ice is gonna be a nightmare.
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Just remembered it was on the weather forum on boards I saw the link to the story,

Seems the cross country is covered as well, or at least some part of it.

That is fascinating that 2 different courses are used, never knew that.
                                                                                            Fascinating? Really?

Strong word.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              You're the worst nerd ever.
                                                                                              Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                              Fuckoff snow imo.

Rolled my ankle today in a pre match warm up so getting to work on snow and ice is gonna be a nightmare.
                                                                                              At least it will bring down the swelling
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Snow at Cheltenham brings back very fond memories of The Thinker winning the Gold Cup at about 6:45 in the evening after it snowed for an hour earlier in the afternoon.
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                  Fuckoff snow imo.
                                                                                                  Not sure how much thought you've put into this moving to Canada thing, Steve
                                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

cant wait for this baby to arrive tomorrow, like a kid waiting on santa!!!
                                                                                                    Imagine you can upgrade the firmware on this, mad stuff!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSQdd4dTaw
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                      cant wait for this baby to arrive tomorrow, like a kid waiting on santa!!!
                                                                                                      Imagine you can upgrade the firmware on this, mad stuff!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSQdd4dTaw
                                                                                                      Just get a chillum
                                                                                                      48

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Ah that is all lovely Michelle. Good to see they all came through for you as you so deserve a wee treat

Lewis made a card in school, must get a pic. It is a wee teapot with a sugar bowl and a milk jug attached. Inside the teapot was a little tea bag!

Lucie made a more traditional card. These things are fantastic. Meant I got extra cards too.
                                                                                                        I got the same card from Thea! She was telling me all week about it... it must be on the curriculum(!) So much for a surprise... the child is the worse for surprises and secrets... she just has to tell you in advance!

I'm a BIG fan of homemade cards! I adore them and the sweet love letters you get from children... I've kept them all, they make great bookmarks. I love re-reading old books and finding them... there's one or two choice ones kept aside for the 21st/Wedding speech!

My son didn't do a card but handed me a couple of vouchers that he had clearly got from his step-mum (she works for Samsung) of 2 for 1 hotel deal where I have to pay €99 in order to benefit from it(!) And a voucher offering €45 off a Samsung Note in Carphone Warehouse (anyone want it???)

He redeemed himself big time by making our dinner - ratatouille, stuffed pork steak and mash potatoes and homemade cupcakes for dessert! It was lovely!

Plus he swiped a bottle of wine from his father's wine store! Not my choice of wine but what the hell it's going down nicely now! Cheers to the other IPB mammies...

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                          Just get a chillum
                                                                                                          they are also available lol

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            Snow at Cheltenham brings back very fond memories of The Thinker winning the Gold Cup at about 6:45 in the evening after it snowed for an hour earlier in the afternoon.
                                                                                                            Remember that, I backed Forgive 'n Forget
                                                                                                            Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                              Can anyone recommend a good ebook reader on android? Downloaded aldiko to give it a try in the mean time.

What sites are good for DL'ing epubs too?
                                                                                                              Did anyone suggest anything for this? Looking for one myself, just got the nexus and haven't used android before.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                                                                                Did anyone suggest anything for this? Looking for one myself, just got the nexus and haven't used android before.
                                                                                                                Aldiko is excellent and great at reformatting a badly laid out book when required, unlikely you'll would need anything else.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

the perfect combination of hitch and zuutroy

Comment

kobo is a handy app. getting books for free is hard unless ive been looking in wrong places
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

kobo is a handy app. getting books for free is hard unless ive been looking in wrong places
                                                                                                                        find that too , its usually a massive file with zillions of books that are shite, who needs every jane austin book!! lol
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                                                                                          I use FBreader, I like the way if changes from day to night mode.

I use epubbud for books.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X