This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like tomorrow aint coming.......

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
      Been in the Garth Brooks queue outside Centra Johnstreet since around 6 yesterday. Its fucking freezing now and a student just pissed on my sleeping bag but gonna be so worth it come July.
      Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
      morning, long night but nearly there now, singalong going atm
      SPOILER

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
          Can someone in Dublin who smokes the wacky tobacky mail me plz
          still looking for this if anyone knows
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            still looking for this if anyone knows
            Bbv can smell bacon from miles off, copper.
            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

handled badly by all sides in fairness. The Brooks camp stating it was all 5 or none at all completely underestimated how far Irish people are willing to dig the heels in when they feel they are being bullied.

Im not sure which residents groups wanted the gigs cancelled either. I live a 5 minute walk from croke park and to be fair the disruption caused by a big gig such as the one direction concerts earlier in the year is only marginally more than any semi decent sunday fixture in the hurling or football

prob just a fuck you for the sake of fuck you kinda thing

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

Im not sure which residents groups wanted the gigs cancelled either. I live a 5 minute walk from croke park and to be fair the disruption caused by a big gig such as the one direction concerts earlier in the year is only marginally more than any semi decent sunday fixture in the hurling or football
                I think Rasta was leading them. Who the fook moves near the countries biggest stadium/concert venue and expects minimal inconvenience?
                Profit before people.

Comment

Free ebooks from M$
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                    Stolen.
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                      Bbv can smell bacon from miles off, copper.
                      Po Po need drugs too Yo
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Who the fook moves near the countries biggest stadium/concert venue and expects minimal inconvenience?
                        I work with one of the main protesting residents.
                        Wouldn't have a huge lot of sympathy for his case, but he does point out that his family bought when CP was still a 60K dilapidated GAA stadium hosting a dozen or so matches a year all on Sunday afternoons.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          I work with one of the main protesting residents.
                          Wouldn't have a huge lot of sympathy for his case, but he does point out that his family bought when CP was still a 60K dilapidated GAA stadium hosting a dozen or so matches a year all on Sunday afternoons.
                          Yeah this. The idea that people moved there knowing what they were getting into is laughably stupid.

There's a lot of history to this situation that a lot of people are ignorant of. This latest episode is not an isolated incident by any stretch.

Firstly, I heard every note of the first Garth Brooks concert in perfect clarity and I lived 3 miles away at the time. I can't imagine how loud it must have been in Drumcondra. Initial complaints from the residents weren't just ignored, they were ridiculed. Despite the complaints the Robbie Williams (I think it was) concert the next year was even louder. After that the first lawsuit was filed.

There's a hugely antagonistic relationship at this point which seems unreasonable if you're looking at it for the first time, but if you know the backstory it's all a rich tapestry. Just a perfect microcosm of Ireland itself, really.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Game of Thrones quiz on next tuesday where I think the winning table will get 500 big ones between them.. probably mostly based on the tv show so if there are any fanatics please come join my team
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

Don't the Irish handball association have a large part to play in the cancellation of those gigs also ? Some dispute between them and croker officials ?
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

is there a way to embed vines?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Yep, could sadly hear every song of One Direction in Spencer Dock. Must be crazy loud if you actually live there. They need to have a decent concert venue with proper capacity - maybe a new version of o2 but with triple the capacity. Holding concerts in a football stadium seems fairly dumb. Had the misfortune to watch Madonna in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff and you're really just looking at the TV screens as Madonna herself was nearly invisible from that distance.
                                        You reckon being up close would have made that experience better?
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                            His life was under threat before the operation and the father made the decision if he lived it would be forgotten about.

Fast forward and be found out from an older brother that the father could have sued.

This is where he is now, he has known for about a month

I suppose the question is ' does he have a case because he didn't find out of his opportunity to claim compensation until a few years too late'
                                            Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                            Like I said, have to chat to a solicitor really. If he never knew then his date of knowledge (important term) is really up for argument. Did the cause of action accrue at 18 or when he found out. In either case 2 years isn't that long in real terms so speak to a solicitor in the immediate future.
                                            Think Kayroo has omitted the key part here, its not just 18 or when he found out, the third test is when he reasonably could have found out.

Given that there were publicly viewable scars then I would have thought his date of knowledge runs from 18, unless he was at that point in some way mentally incapacitated.

Your friend has two possible actions essentially, one against the Health authorities [where it would look like he is out of time UNLESS he was in some way prevented activating his date of knowledge at 18], or secondly against his parents, as they effectively denied him the opportunity of suing the Health Auth by failing to tell him the truth.

Something similar has arisen in the past, in relation to undervalued settlements in the case of minors and one INsurance company in particular, there was no Court decision in the cases as the Insurance Company paid a 'fu*k off' figure to stop the cases being opened in Court.

In either case, or in any case, you can't take anything on here as legal advice, as you can see even posts from as eminent a personage as Kayroo can miss out on stuff. The best advice ALWAYS is to consult a solicitor. If he gets it wrong there is professional indemnity recource, if someone on here gets it wrong your friend has no recourse at all.

Comment

Some time in the not too distant past, journalist and Manic Street Preachers biographer Simon Price appropriated the Welsh band's 1992 hit 'Motorcycle Emptin...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                On that note. The O2 is the fifth best attended music venue in the world. Rather impressive.
                                                Was clearing out an old press, and stumbled upon this. Think it must have been my kid brothers, as I'm pretty sure I never went to see O'Connor. Nostalgic prices though. And no 'Taper Recorders'!

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Yeah science/bitch/magnets! Guy was a legend for posing in so many pics yesterday, was just about to leave the Rio when I managed to hear some chick saying "I'm sorry but I have to get a pic" turned around & there he was, just good timing on my half.

Attached Files
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                    Yeah science/bitch/magnets! Guy was a legend for posing in so many pics yesterday, was just about to leave the Rio when I managed to hear some chick saying "I'm sorry but I have to get a pic" turned around & there he was, just good timing on my half.
                                                    For a pro photographer you are terrible at selfies!! Cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                      For a pro photographer you are terrible at selfies!! Cool though.
                                                      He took it not me
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

OK I will ask ...who is it?

Oh and not danny btw ..............

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                          OK I will ask ...who is it?

Oh and not danny btw ..............
                                                          One of the lead actors from Breaking Bad which you've obviously never watched.

Also, come on Germany!

Comment

what would ye reckon it would cost to take off tiles around shower area, re tile whole en suite. rip out sink and fit new one? ensuite is very small btw

I have just had a quote from a chap . just wondering your thoughts?

are there any plumber /tilers here? job here for ye if the price is right
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

gonna be a good game now..............

Comment

Comment

Brazil are awful Germany fully deserve this 2 goal lead. Some achievement for Klose as well.

Comment

Comment

Hilarious stuff.

Comment

Comment

Lulz
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Kids crying. 4-0. Never write off the Germans.
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Who was is that said that this Brazil team won't get any credit thats due until the semi final? It was someone here Im sure.
                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                  Kids crying. 4-0. Never write off the Germans.
                                                                                  I'm pretty sure no one had written them off in this case as they were favourites (albeit marginal).

Comment

Wünderbar.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                      gonna be a good game now..............
                                                                                      or not
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Actually hard to watch.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Jesus I looked away and had to double check the score.

Comment

Could be double figures here !

Brazil diving in despair all over the park, taking turns to get a goal now.... lol.

Inevitable they were going to be found out when they came up against a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                I'm pretty sure no one had written them off in this case as they were favourites (albeit marginal).

Brazil were favourites on betfair. 2.68 for them vs 3.15 for the Germans.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Actually hard to watch.
                                                                                                      I think it's great
                                                                                                      And it has been coming, they have been absolutely gash as a team for the whole tournament.
                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Thats a goal for every Garth Brooks concert!!!!!!
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

WTF are the Germans doing? Get Klose and Muller off ASAP. World Cup to win on Sunday yo.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

In mcgowans pub. Girls get free drink every time Brazil score and lads get free pint for every Germany goal. Cheap night

Comment

The poles put up a better resistance in 1939

Comment

Connection with your opponent has been lost

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                                                  In mcgowans pub. Girls get free drink every time Brazil score and lads get free pint for every Germany goal. Cheap night
                                                                                                                  Probably an even better night if Brazil can win 12-5.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Could we see an extreme example of saying "Its a game of 2 halves"?

Comment

In the pub with a bunch of Brazilians, haven't laughed so hard in a long time, this is hilarious and

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                        Brazil were favourites on betfair. 2.68 for them vs 3.15 for the Germans.
                                                                                                                        I didn't do a lot of research, but in the single place I checked yesterday (out of interest only) Germany were marginal favourites.

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        Thats a goal for every Garth Brooks concert!!!!!!
                                                                                                                        For Brazil, yes.

Comment

Dunphy spunkfest
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Wombatman; 08-07-14, 20:51.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X