• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
    What's the best place to buy retro football jerseys
    Ali Express?

Comment

Started chore which needed to be done. Was getting satisfaction at progress and results and enjoying it because of this. A few hrs in and back sore, mucky and wet and loads to do yet and regretting starting now. Can't stop though.

powerhosing a weedy, grimey, overgrown 'patio' area.

Looking like it will be shower, carry outs for tea and a lie down in ~3 hrs time

Vodka gonna taste good tonight

Comment

Can someone in Dublin who smokes the wacky tobacky mail me plz
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          Selling any action for Main Event?
          100% at 1.1 if only to play the main event, one day when I win the euromillions.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Cleaned out my car yesterday, getting it washed now. Am I the only one who thinks it drives better afterwards
            Think it stems back to when I drove old bangers when I was younger.
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Your current position is 5 out of 476.
                162 places paid.

1290 entrants.
                Hot $33

HOLD!!!
                Po****7 ?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                      Why is George Hamilton on his own on RTE? Houghton cry off or something?

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                        Can someone in Dublin who smokes the wacky tobacky mail me plz
                        buying or selling?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          buying or selling?
                          Buying, not for me either. Friend of mine who smokes the stuff on a daily basis just after moving up and asking me about it and I no longer have anyone's phone numbers unfortunately so figured people on here would know some people.
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Am smoking cigs like a mad thing trying to keep it alive.
                            churn some butter while you're at it

yolo
                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-07-14, 16:39.

Comment

Daily Mail up to its tricks again

SPOILER

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                Just seems a bit strange is all. Most lads prefer the cut and run approach. When a relationship is over, well...it's over. You don't have any obligation to pay support unless there are children involved. I'm guessing there's a piece of information we're not privy to but no need to go into it. One point though, I think staying close friends and paying support could hamper chances of new relationships.
                                My ex still owns my car after 10 months as it suits from an insurance point of view. I trust her enough that she would sign it back to me when the time comes. I also left her remain on my insurance for about 4 months after I broke up with her as I knew if I didn't it would mean she would be off the road.

I can understand Tar supporting his ex but as 72 says it will definitely hamper your chances of a new relationship.
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Yikes

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    100% at 1.1 if only to play the main event, one day when I win the euromillions.
                                    Won't be that far away if you can just up and book a flight on a Friday night and head off to Vegas the next day :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                      Anyone got a loan of a pipe bender on here?
                                      Yeah I'm in Carlow though, if that's any good to you

Comment

***PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION BELOW***Yesterday, early in the morning...What you see is what happened.An UTair Boeing 767-300 (VQ-BSX) incoming from Moscow ...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          Wont allow you to replay that one so I found the original and posted it up for you

Comment

Ashley Cole to Roma is very weird, probably a good move to prolong his career though.

Reckon in his 15 odd years in the premier league he's been a top 5 player in terms of consistency.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Is Paddy Power site down for anyone else (web/App), cant log in?

Nvm - problem their end
                                              Last edited by Dice75; 07-07-14, 17:41.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                Buying, not for me either. Friend of mine who smokes the stuff on a daily basis just after moving up and asking me about it and I no longer have anyone's phone numbers unfortunately so figured people on here would know some people.
                                                hardly a mutual friend of ours?
                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  Ashley Cole to Roma is very weird, probably a good move to prolong his career though.

Reckon in his 15 odd years in the premier league he's been a top 5 player in terms of consistency.
                                                  yeah thought Roma was odd. I think he's too good to retire to the MLS or Qatar so thought Monaco or PSG would've made the most sense for him. I struggle to think of a player with greater consistency in my time watching football.
                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                    Won't be that far away if you can just up and book a flight on a Friday night and head off to Vegas the next day :-)
                                                    I knocked my trip to Tokyo on the head, kept it all on the downlow as I wanted to surprise a few friends over here. Was up early this morning and took a little stroll & walking back I slipped on one of those moving walkways and landed on my ribs, fuck!!! Starting to hurt now.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                      We had two arguments where I mentioned Ireland was a shit hole. I could've linked that during the water charges one to back up my point. Irish people whinging with first world problems.

The second argument was about the Tuam babies, I stand by my comment that Ireland is a shit hole with regard to that.

A country music concert is cancelled and the airwaves are full with the rage of a nation. What does that tell you about Ireland?
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

A country music concert is cancelled and the airwaves are full with the rage of a nation. What does that tell you about Ireland?

We live in a great country where our biggest problem is not being able to see some country and Western singer.

Comment

Yeah, its a constant thing with the kid. We never let her out on the balcony alone, but there's just the fear she might do. That must have been the most horrific life event for Clapton. How do you even recover from that?

No lost the bet. Think am grand, as the landlord seems fine with my excuse (online scam - bank accounts swiped), and will be okay with paying the double next month due to extra money arriving.

Was money well spent on the trip in any case. Something so fulfilling about meeting a good pal in a foreign country and then just ye talking shite for 16 hours a day. Proper brohugs at the end (sadly I think we used the brohug term). Thats Berlin, Barcelona, and Amsterdam/Utrecht/Rotterdam we've done over last few years. Think we're going to Iceland next year.
                                                          Was in Rejkayvik about ten years ago for 4 days. Without doubt the best weekend break I have ever had. Was extremely expensive back then not sure what it is like since the crash.

Shuttle bus from hotel dropped us right in the centre of town first day and having had a look at some of the restaurant prices decided we had obviously been dropped in the temple bar equivalent of Rejkayvik . Spent a good hour walking / getting lost in search of somewhere more realistic . Finally when we couldn't walk anymore and with serious hunger pains spotted the Golden Arches. Two 1/4 lb meals cost about € 30 and taxi back to hotel € 45!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                            Wont allow you to replay that one so I found the original and posted it up for you
                                                            And I'm just posting up a GIF of it.

Comment

That around a quarter of a million people have worked booked off, hotels booked and were looking forward to a night or two away. Why would they not be slightly put off when it all falls apart?
                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                That around a quarter of a million people have worked booked off, hotels booked and were looking forward to a night or two away. Why would they not be slightly put off when it all falls apart?
                                                                People being more worked up about such trivial shit and caring more about it than 796 dead neglected babies is the point that you've missed.

Comment

Came upon NHRA drag racing on ESPN when channel hopping and stayed there.

fascinating and mad stuff

googling for info and came upon some facts ....just wow

Some real cool facts about top dragsters I stumbled across.....

like this;

'Dragsters reach over 300 miles per hour before you have read this sentence'

SPOILER
                                                                  ---------
                                                                  * One dragster's 500-inch Hemi makes more horsepower then the first 8 rows at Daytona.

* Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1 1/2 gallons of nitro per second, the same rate of fuel consumption as a fully loaded 747 but with 4 times the energy volume.

* The supercharger takes more power to drive than a stock hemi makes.

* Even with nearly 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into nearly-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock.

* Dual magnetos apply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

* At stoichiometric (exact) 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture (for nitro), the flame front of nitromethane measures 7050 degrees F.

* Nitromethane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

* Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression-plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting off its fuel flow.

* If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in those cylinders and then explodes with a force that can blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or blow the block in half.

* Dragsters twist the crank (torsionally) so far (20 degrees in the big end of the track) that sometimes cam lobes are ground offset from front to rear to re-phase the valve timing somewhere closer to synchronization with the pistons.

* To exceed 300mph in 4.5 seconds dragsters must accelerate at an average of over 4G's. But in reaching 200 mph well before 1/2 track, launch acceleration is closer to 8G's.

* If all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs $1000.00 per second.

* Dragsters reach over 300 miles per hour before you have read this sentence.

Did you know …

… that the nitromethane-powered engines of NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars produce approximately 7,000 horsepower, about 37 times that of the average street car?

… that one cylinder of the eight cylinders of a Top Fuel dragster or a Funny Car produces 750 horsepower, equaling the entire horsepower output of a NASCAR engine?

… that the gasoline-powered engines of NHRA Pro Stock cars produce about 1,200 horsepower, about eight times that of the average street car?

… that an NHRA Top Fuel dragster accelerates from 0 to 100 mph in less than .8-second, almost 11 seconds quicker than it takes a production Porsche 911 Turbo to reach the same speed?

… that an NHRA Top Fuel dragster leaves the starting line with a force nearly five times that of gravity, the same force of the space shuttle when it leaves the launching pad at Cape Canaveral?

… that an NHRA Funny Car is slowed by a reverse force more than seven times that of gravity when both parachutes deploy simultaneously?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars consume between four and five gallons of fuel during a quarter-mile run, which is equivalent to between 16 and 20 gallons per mile?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars use between 10 and 12 gallons of fuel for a complete pass, including the burnout, backup to the starting line, and quarter-mile run?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars travel the length of more than four football fields in less than five seconds?

… that NHRA Top Fuel dragsters can exceed 280 mph in just 660 feet?

… that from a standing start, NHRA Top Fuel dragsters accelerate faster than a jumbo jet, a fighter jet, and a Formula One race car?

… that a fuel pump for an NHRA Top Fuel dragster and Funny Car delivers 65 gallons of fuel per minute, equivalent to eight bathroom showers running at the same time?

… that the fuel-line pressure for NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars is between 400 and 500 pounds, about 20 times greater than the pressure on passenger-car fuel pumps?

… that depending on size and angle, the large rear wing on an NHRA Top Fuel dragster develops between 4,000 and 8,000 pounds of downforce?

… that the 17-inch rear tires used on NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars wear out after four to six runs, or about two miles? Some brands of passenger-car tires are guaranteed for 80,000 miles.

… that it takes just 15/100ths of a second for all 7,000 horsepower of an NHRA Top Fuel dragster engine to reach the rear wheels?

… that it's desirable for an NHRA Top Fuel dragster to race with its front wheels inches off the ground for about the first 200 feet of the run? This ensures proper weight transfer to the rear wheels, a crucial part of a good launch and quick run.

… that the nitromethane used to power the engines of NHRA Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars costs about $30 per gallon?

Comment

Got the chef's table booked today for a Sat night in October.

Bit of a (first world) sweat, I bought it for my friend for his 40th, the party was last Sat night, booking didn't open for October until this morning at 9. I had to give him the gift on Sat night without guaranteeing I had it, and they warned me that it would be fully booked for all Sat nights by 9.30 am. Took twenty minutes before I could get through. Was starting to panic but got the date I wanted thankfully.

Can't wait for it.

Comment

People being more worked up about such trivial shit and caring more about it than 796 dead neglected babies is the point that you've missed.
                                                                      I don't see how this is just an Irish thing! Would things be any different in the US if they cancelled the Super Bowl in the same week that some crime that was committed 50 years ago came to light? I very much doubt it and the same would go for most nations.
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I don't see how this is just an Irish thing! Would things be any different in the US if they cancelled the Super Bowl in the same week that some crime that was committed 50 years ago came to light? I very much doubt it and the same would go for most nations.
                                                                        Fair point I suppose.

Ireland is not the only shit hole.

Comment

We had two arguments where I mentioned Ireland was a shit hole. I could've linked that during the water charges one to back up my point. Irish people whinging with first world problems.

The second argument was about the Tuam babies, I stand by my comment that Ireland is a shit hole with regard to that.

Listen to different airwaves. Apart from seeing bits on the news I was well able to totally ignore the whole thing. Getting annoyed because you live in a country where something like that upsets people is surely -EV long term.

Comment

Would it be the same if the cancelled 5 Garth Brook shows you mean? Super Bowl vs a few Brooks gigs is no comparison.

Also, were the gigs cancelled if they never had permission for them in the first place?? The proposal from Fianna Fail today to rush through amendments to planning laws were particularly laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              Listen to different airwaves. Apart from seeing bits on the news I was well able to totally ignore the whole thing. Getting annoyed because you live in a country where something like that upsets people is surely -EV long term.
                                                                              Oh I avoided it, just the awareness of it was enough to annoy me.

You're right though, can't be good for the health long term.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                Would it be the same if the cancelled 5 Garth Brook shows you mean? Super Bowl vs a few Brooks gigs is no comparison.

Also, were the gigs cancelled if they never had permission for them in the first place?? The proposal from Fianna Fail today to rush through amendments to planning laws were particularly laughable.
                                                                                It's like five superbowls.
                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  How can you say it is no comparison? There is no event in the US where 5% of the population will be in attendance.

I can see the outcry because coming from where I come from you can see people talk about it as their event of the year. These are people with kids and mortgages who most likely dont have a huge disposable and the trip to Dublin is huge and something they have planned with months.
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

How can you say it is no comparison? There is no event in the US where 5% of the population will be in attendance.

I can see the outcry because coming from where I come from you can see people talk about it as their event of the year. These are people with kids and mortgages who most likely dont have a huge disposable and the trip to Dublin is huge and something they have planned with months.
                                                                                    111 million people watched the last superbowl on tv as well as those in attendance

its not a valid comparison

Comment

Fuck em
                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Watching this Armstrong Doc, the man shows zero remorse

Comment

Said people may need to take a look at themselves.

They will have to wait till 8th of December now for a look at the big smoke.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

The Peru drug courier programme on RTE is comedy gold.

Comment

What kind of cunt parents with kids would spend their limited income on weekend in Dublin to a Gareth Brooks concert.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                The Peru drug courier programme on RTE is comedy gold.

Worth watching on +1/player?

Comment

32gb nexus with 1gb ram

This worth buying for £99 or they old hat?

Comment

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                                      Jesus. Even the players are delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        Jesus. Even the players are delusional.
                                                                                                        Chelsea fan not getting humour.

Shocked.

Comment

Fuck off, Gareth Brooks.
                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Ti ti titi ti, ti ti titi ti, ti ti titi ti, ti ti ti CAMARA
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                                              Watching this Armstrong Doc, the man shows zero remorse
                                                                                                              Meh, why would he. The whole Peloton was at a level playing field back then and probably still is. Sure there are no official winners of the Tours he was stripped of as they don't trust any of them!

When I used to race seriously, one of my clubmates was caught doping in a race in Italy on his holidays. He was 16. I gave up at 18.

Has always come across as a (arrogant) prick to me anyway.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 07-07-14, 21:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                Meh, why would he. The whole Peloton was at a level playing field back then and probably still is. Sure there are no official winners of the Tours he was stripped of as they don't trust any of them!

When I used to race seriously, one of my clubmates was caught doping in a race in Italy on his holidays. He was 16. I gave up at 18.

Has always come across as a (arrogant) prick to me anyway.
                                                                                                                Were they doping that long ago?
                                                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

These are people with kids and mortgages who most likely dont have a huge disposable and the trip to Dublin is huge and something they have planned with months.
                                                                                                                  I swore to myself the next time I saw you post that I'd ask you.

What is that? Do people in Tipp always say 'with' instead of 'for' in that spot?

You're the only person I've ever seen or heard do that.

It doesn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                                                    Worth watching on +1/player?
                                                                                                                    Not at all, its utter shite I didn't watch past the first break but if you want to watch a parade of morons then you are in for a treat.

There is disturbingly hilarious bit about 15 mins in with some sort of a yoke from Dublin who is a dancer on Ibiza... there will probably be a vine out there.

Comment

Is there any IPB meet-up this year? remember reading something months back but nothing since.. really want to sort out that peno shoot-out malarkey and the more around the better
                                                                                                                      Last edited by mdoug; 07-07-14, 21:58.
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

What is that? Do people in Tipp always say 'with' instead of 'for' in that spot?

It doesn't fit.
                                                                                                                        Imo Tipp is correct,
                                                                                                                        planned for months = spent months planning,
                                                                                                                        Planned with months = planned many months ago.
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

It doesn't fit.
                                                                                                                          No!
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X