This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    My S3 is well and truly gone at the game.

BBV you decide, what's the best phone on the market now?
    New HTC One

Comment

My S3 is well and truly gone at the game.

BBV you decide, what's the best phone on the market now?
      Samsung note 3 love it! but its massive lol. huge battery life also brill if you watch movies in bed!
      Last edited by SatNav; 02-06-14, 20:38.
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The HTC One is an amazing phone.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Yep, I've the M7 one, its brilliant.

Comment

New Samsung S5 is brilliant.
              Just been to see the new Tom Cruise film, excellent. ...

Comment

You are amazing.
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Not sure if it's available yet, but the LG G3 looks fantastic. Other than that Nexus 5 or HTC One M8. If budget is a consideration, Nexus 5 wins. Samsung's just don't appeal to me personally, both for their bloatware and for their bland design that hasn't changed in years.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      SIPTU stepping up to the mark on those Waterford Bausch&Lomb jobs. Might as well just fire the remaining workers now so. Will be rather tragically humorous if they threaten to go on strike.
                      In my experience, SIPTU are as much afraid of strike action as management are, probably from the point of view of their own finances.
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

SIPTU stepping up to the mark on those Waterford Bausch&Lomb jobs. Might as well just fire the remaining workers now so. Will be rather tragically humorous if they threaten to go on strike.
                        None of this is a big surprise... and then you read something like http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanva...a-billionaire/ which just makes it all make more sense.
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Not sure if it's available yet, but the LG G3 looks fantastic. Other than that Nexus 5 or HTC One M8. If budget is a consideration, Nexus 5 wins. Samsung's just don't appeal to me personally, both for their bloatware and for their bland design that hasn't changed in years.
                          I bought the LG G2 6 weeks ago. It's a cracking phone. And available sim free for less than €350.
                          We’re pitting the newly outed HTC One (M8) against the formidable LG G2. We know that there’s a significant difference between the two, as one is the regarded as a last-generation model – while the other is a part of the current crop. Naturally, there are going to be some advantages with the newer HTC One M8 (think hardware), but that doesn’t mean that the LG G2 can’t stand its ground and give it a good run for its money...

Far superior battery life than the Nexus 5 was what swung it for me. The G3 isn't that much of an upgrade imo (certainly not in terms of relative pricing).

Last in the charger at 07:10 and I'm at 35% now given a standard day of whatsapp / browsing etc.
                          Last edited by Emmet; 02-06-14, 21:28.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                            True that, true that.

But.

You havent seen the girl!
                            You can post a picture here and then I'll have seen her? Seems like the way to get full advice from the BBV imo...
                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Attached Files
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bizarre last 2 mins of Mad Men. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's a fantastic show. Pain in the ass that I've to wait another 10 months for the second half of the last season. AMC have a lot to answer for with this split half season crap.

Comment

Yep, no real complaints about it. The sound settings are a little off though imo. It needs an extra sound setting between mute and the lowest setting. It's not exactly quiet. The ringtone volume tends to affect the volume of some games too (just notice it when i have Bike Race on mute and then if i change my ringer volume, that volume on the game goes up)

Comment

Falcao to miss WC with injury shortly after I pick F in alphabet WC top goalscorer sweep. Coincidence I think not.

(not that he had a chance!)

Comment

My buddy who put me in for my new job is some client altogether, indeed all the locals seem to be. Earlier today he offered me a lift in tomorrow for my first day at 7.25am, which was quite sound as my driving licence still hasn't arrived in the post. Pain in the hole looking at my car and not being able to drive it yet.

Headed to the local this evening for a couple minerals and some pool as c'ship is coming up as well keeping fresh for tomorrow. Of course my buddy is there completely bladdered and talking pure excrement. Another friend is there molesting a short stool while dancing on the table belting out suspicious minds. This is the chap I bought my car from last week - actually works for the same company too as it happens. My hurling coach (stool guy's brother) is in there scuttered and singing away to his hearts content. He almost missed our game today as he was boozing all yesterday and predominately unconscious today.

Irish people, reasonable weather and bank holiday weekends are a dangerous mix imo. Nothing to do with the gargle obviously. Feel like such a dry shite now
                                      Last edited by coillcam; 02-06-14, 22:37.

Comment

The wife figured out that you can exchange the Tesco vouchers for other vouchers at better mark-up, so she uses €40 worth to get €90 TGI Friday ones (or similar).

Away we go today to TGIs in Dumdum with the 3 ankle biters and order our food.

Im not one to complain, but they fucked up 3 out of the five dishes, (eg my steak arrived with two portions of onions instead of 1 onions and 1 chips). So I call over the waiter who probably left school before the Inter and we go through it. The upshot is a manager girl comes over and in fairness can't be helpful enough and everything is sorted right away.

So I call for the bill and the wife is rummaging around looking for the vouchers when the manager arrives with it and tells us again how sorry she is etc and that she has knocked off the cost of the kids drinks and two of their meals.

Upshot, still have the vouchers.
                                        One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          My buddy who put me in for my new job is some client altogether, indeed all the locals seem to be. Earlier today he offered me a lift in tomorrow for my first day at 7.25am, which was quite sound as my driving licence still hasn't arrived in the post. Pain in the hole looking at my car and not being able to drive it yet.

Headed to the local this evening for a couple minerals and some pool as c'ship is coming up as well keeping fresh for tomorrow. Of course my buddy is there completely bladdered and talking pure excrement. Another friend is there molesting a short stool while dancing on the table belting out suspicious minds. This is the chap I bought my car from last week - actually works for the same company too as it happens. My hurling coach (stool guy's brother) is in there scuttered and singing away to his hearts content. He almost missed our game today as he was boozing all yesterday and predominately unconscious today.

Irish people, reasonable weather and bank holiday weekends are a dangerous mix imo. Nothing to do with the gargle obviously. Feel like such a dry shite now
                                          Your right cant be cool unless your spouting gibberish in your local pub.
                                          The smaller the town the bigger legend you are it seems.

Comment

Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with dynamic gameplay to create an unprecedented Kombat experien...

Yes please
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                              Your right cant be cool unless your spouting gibberish in your local pub.
                                              The smaller the town the bigger legend you are it seems.
                                              The thought of going back to live in rural or smalltown Ireland sends shivers down my spine. Thankfully it's a very unlikely thing to happen any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                                                The wife figured out that you can exchange the Tesco vouchers for other vouchers at better mark-up, so she uses €40 worth to get €90 TGI Friday ones (or similar).

Away we go today to TGIs in Dumdum with the 3 ankle biters and order our food.

Im not one to complain, but they fucked up 3 out of the five dishes, (eg my steak arrived with two portions of onions instead of 1 onions and 1 chips). So I call over the waiter who probably left school before the Inter and we go through it. The upshot is a manager girl comes over and in fairness can't be helpful enough and everything is sorted right away.

So I call for the bill and the wife is rummaging around looking for the vouchers when the manager arrives with it and tells us again how sorry she is etc and that she has knocked off the cost of the kids drinks and two of their meals.

Upshot, still have the vouchers.
                                                We did something similar with myself, MrsF and the 3 kids taking a spin out for a 3 course meal and a game of bowling each for the princely sum of £18. They made a mistake on our bill somehow and despite me telling them that it was wrong, they insisted it was right. Tempura chicken to start, the nicest baked salmon i've ever had for main, and white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake to finish. No complaints whatsover with the food or the service. Looking so close to the North is the fucking nuts for going out for food etc

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                  Falcao to miss WC with injury shortly after I pick F in alphabet WC top goalscorer sweep. Coincidence I think not.

(not that he had a chance!)
                                                  Fred is your man to bring home the $$$ anyway!

Will PP refund bets on Falcao for top goalscorer?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    Fred is your man to bring home the $$$ anyway!

Will PP refund bets on Falcao for top goalscorer?

Looks like it ...

Comment

Keano to be Paul Lamberts assistant? Shirley you can't be serious
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

is £20 on cardinals (MLB) @4/6 worth staying up for 2 more hrs?

me think bed with tv on volume down is way to go

1/3 I fall asleep

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post

Looks like it ...

took a little at 40/1 on PP when he was 25/1 everywhere else. I think the word at the time was 'it looked likely he'd make the World Cup', so got excited and just punted. Regretted it after as there was never really a point where he looked likely to be 100% for the start of the group games. So nice to see my pre-mature puntalation won't go punished.
                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Fuck it get the Chinese ordered, and get chips too.
                                                            Got a 3-in-1.
                                                            Calling you out - FEEDER
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                              Got a 3-in-1.
                                                              Calling you out - FEEDER
                                                              why didn't you get a 4-in-1?
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                why didn't you get a 4-in-1?
                                                                chicken balls are sub par and gank when sweating in a 3-in-1 box.

#feeders

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                  chicken balls are sub par and gank when sweating in a 3-in-1 box.

#feeders
                                                                  Get a beef 4 in 1, or as they do everywhere else apart from Dublin, put in regular chicken rather chicken balls.

Cunts don't know how to do a takeaway up here
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Get a beef 4 in 1, or as they do everywhere else apart from Dublin, put in regular chicken rather chicken balls.

Sure you could just order a curry so.

Comment

+1 on the beef
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I need a name for a beer blog, maybe something pun based?

Comment

Our Beerly Beloved ™

/out

Comment

Comment

For Richer or Pourer
                                                                              Stout, Stout, Let it all out! (Beers for Fears)

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                Beer draft
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Beer blog

Comment

...

Comment

Beer we go again

Ale and Hearty

Beer puns: I can barley stand them
                                                                                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

If it's a rating blog

The Ale Scale
                                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 03-06-14, 08:36.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          The thought of going back to live in rural or smalltown Ireland sends shivers down my spine. Thankfully it's a very unlikely thing to happen any time soon.
                                                                                          You can take the man out of the town but you can't take the town out of the man.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hopportunity Knocks.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Beer Googles.

Comment

"Calling Icarus to the thread.... Icarus."

Comment

BGT, Beers Got Talent

Comment

Blogging in cider
                                                                                                    Too much head
                                                                                                    Just the one (at a time)
                                                                                                    Case of the week
                                                                                                    It burns when IPA
                                                                                                    Barley legal
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Man vrs beer
                                                                                                      48

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                        Man vrs beer
                                                                                                        Beer Grylls!
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Beer blog

Beer Today...Hangover Tomorow

Comment

Does anyone know how a decent electrician in Dublin? Just a small job but don't want to use the last guy I had since he made a balls of wiring and one of the plug sockets melted and presumably could/should have burnt my apt down.

Comment

Beer-writs

Dimitar Beerblogtalk
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hop head
                                                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                  Beer blog

TAP DAMON
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Reddit thread on Roma scams. One particularly impressive scam is that they hand you a baby and then whilst you're holding it they openly pick your pockets as both of your hands are taken with the baby. What do you even do in that event? You can't drop the baby, as much as you'd be tempted to.
                                                                                                                    I'd imagine the correct move is not to take a baby from a stranger in the first place

Comment

Wow passport renewal is a tiltingly stoneage process. When you've to go to 3/4 different places to complete a simple form you know they're doing it wrong.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

My contribution to the beer names:

Beer and Loathing in Las Vegas
                                                                                                                        Ale to the Chief
                                                                                                                        Barney Gumble's "Pukahontas"
                                                                                                                        The Unbearable Lightness of Beering
                                                                                                                        Diageo, Diageo, will you do the Fandango?
                                                                                                                        The Hangover 4: The Night Before
                                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Wow passport renewal is a tiltingly stoneage process. When you've to go to 3/4 different places to complete a simple form you know they're doing it wrong.
                                                                                                                          Strewelpeter the second, arise.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X