Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave the first few episodes if The Newsroom a spin today, not sure how I feel about it yet, has had some brilliant moments particularly the more serious side of the show- the newsrounds and interviews but seems to underwhelm on the personal relationships front and the lighter side seems to verge on the silly at times.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Gave the first few episodes if The Newsroom a spin today, not sure how I feel about it yet, has had some brilliant moments particularly the more serious side of the show- the newsrounds and interviews but seems to underwhelm on the personal relationships front and the lighter side seems to verge on the silly at times.
      That's basically how it goes for the whole 1st season

Comment

I may have dropped part of the laptop in the dog's water bowl. I thought it only fair to warn people.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
          That's basically how it goes for the whole 1st season
          Kinda ironic that by adding clichéd unnecessary love triangles and dumbed down dialogue they had similar worries about broad appeal of the show as the owners of the network had in the actual show.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Drink omaha'ing online should be banned - drink omaha'ing live is fine. There goes the bankroll
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Poor Last post of the.night
              airport, lol

Comment

Post more Eamon!
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Poor Last post of the.night
                  How many movies do you reckon you have seen in your lifetime? was going through top 100 movies of each year there to find a movie I hadn't seen and went as far back as 1990 and must have seen at least 25 of each year if not more. Sick stuff
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Fast track was a good shout eamonhonda, cut out a fair long wait by looks of it. Sitting nice and chilled now with a cappucino
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

when did ipb stop being full of insomniacs
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                        Hitch I'm really disappointed at your lack of reckless abandon. You have no awesome stories yet from your adventure so today I want you to shoplift a chocolate bar, piss in public and acquire a ladies pubic hair by any means..off you pop
                        Hitch I was kidding. I hope you're not in jail..

Comment

Yeah films are good
                          airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Is there anywhere I can see replay of all the premier league goals online? BBC replayer is blocked. Please help freaking me out lack of sport at this stage.

Comment

Has anyone watched this? Looks interesting

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnLike us on FACEBOOK:http://goo.gl/dHs73.Terms and Conditions May App...

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                  Is there anywhere I can see replay of all the premier league goals online? BBC replayer is blocked. Please help freaking me out lack of sport at this stage.

Click on the TV icon beside the result.

Comment

Moto gp grid girls are the best grid girls?
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

was once

Mind. blown.
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Top quality fancy dress..

Last edited by Lazare; 25-08-13, 11:47.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                            http://www.footytube.com/leagues/england/premiership/

Click on the TV icon beside the result.
                                            None of the videos play.

Working now. Ship it. TYTY:
                                            Last edited by Closed_Account; 25-08-13, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              Top quality fancy dress..

That is fucking brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                That is fucking brilliant
                                                It's great isn't it? The face on the one on the right makes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  It's great isn't it? The face on the one on the right makes it.
                                                  Exactly, her demeanor is a brilliant imitation of Melissa Reid. I'm showing this to everyone. Where did you get it ?

Comment

Very odd parents dressing their kids as those two. Doubt the kids wanted it.
                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                      Very odd parents dressing their kids as those two. Doubt the kids wanted it.

You're odd with them sort of opinions imo. Chill the beans

Comment

Nah, look at superman behind them having the craic.
                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Friend of mine reffing the minor match in Croker, hope it goes well for him.
                                                          Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Exactly, her demeanor is a brilliant imitation of Melissa Reid. I'm showing this to everyone. Where did you get it ?
                                                            A friend of my wife posted it on FB.

Comment

I think Rasta is spot on.

Parent: "Hey kids we get to go to a fancy dress party today"

Kids: "Yay!!! Can we be witches?? Or doctors?? Or princesses?"

Parents: "Even better kids!! You can be a comment on a current news event that our friends will think is hilarious but about which neither you nor your friends will have any understanding! Isn't that great???"

Kids: "What? I wanna be Superwoman!! I bet Jeff will get to be Superman...."
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to get the photos from my iphone onto my comp? Can't figure it out from apple instructions online

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                  Can anyone tell me how to get the photos from my iphone onto my comp? Can't figure it out from apple instructions online
                                                                  Connect it with the cable and it will automatically ask you.

Alternately download Dropbox and it just does it for you wirelessly

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      Parents: "Even better kids!! You can be a comment on a current news event that our friends will think is hilarious but about which neither you nor your friends will have any understanding! Isn't that great???"
                                                                      Bit of an assumption that the kids wouldn't have an understanding of the event.
                                                                      If they were being dressed up as minor politicians then you'd be right, but I'd have guessed this is exactly the sort of news story that youngsters would be aware of and have opinions on.

Comment

Connect it with the cable and it will automatically ask you.

Alternately download Dropbox and it just does it for you wirelessly
                                                                        Wasn't getting the box up to ask when I connected it but just went and found the iphone when it was linked up. cheers

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            If they were being dressed up as minor politicians then you'd be right, but I'd have guessed this is exactly the sort of news story that youngsters would be aware of and have opinions on.
                                                                            I seriously doubt that 10 year olds would be aware or have opinions on 2 birds getting done for smuggling in Peru.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              They're about 4 years old, no? Always struggle a bit with guessing age of kids. That's still Peppa the Pig territory
                                                                              I thought they were somewhere between 10 and 13 but I also tend to be way off on such things.

Comment

lol @ this

Comment

...

Comment

Some of ye might like this. BBC imagines what the city of 2050 will look like:

(although the delivery drones pose a fairly fatal threat to Collie's ability to still be working in 2050).

Thing is: the changes are ridiculously dramatic, but are almost all currently at some reasonable stage of development. Loving the idea of the living street lights.
                                                                                    Some of those have been predicted by futurologists for decades, especially robot shop assistants and farmscrapers. Change will be less dramatic than that imo. 2050 is only 37 years away. Some of them are possible, for example driverless cars have been tested for the last few years in the states with impressive figures, but people still like to drive cars.

Comment

I think Rasta is spot on.

Parent: "Hey kids we get to go to a fancy dress party today"

Kids: "Yay!!! Can we be witches?? Or doctors?? Or princesses?"

Kids: "What? I wanna be Superwoman!! I bet Jeff will get to be Superman...."
                                                                                      You think Rasta is spot on because after making huge assumptions and leaps of faith about both the children and their parents you've written your own narrative

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                                                                        lol @ this
                                                                                        Thank you for your monthly contribution where you come in and make a dig at someone and stroll off. Feel honoured it was me this month.

******
                                                                                        Maybe I'm just basing it on me and my peers at that age (assuming they are aged 10-13) but we did actually have an opinion on what was going on in the world, read newspapers and saw news bulletins even if was KidzNews John Craven style or whatever.
                                                                                        Two pretty girls going on holidays and getting into major trouble with the police would definitely have been a story we'd have been discussing.

I was part of the Martin Prince nerd gang though, I'll admit that.

Comment

Fairly funny seeing Conspicuous the king of ultra petty internet over reactions telling someone to chill the beans
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Not a chance they're 10 anyway, surely?
                                                                                            I dunno, someone with kids would probably know, there not 4 anyway,
                                                                                            7/8 probably be closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                              I seriously doubt that 10 year olds would be aware or have opinions on 2 birds getting done for smuggling in Peru.
                                                                                              Fwiw I was very well educated on social and political issues from a young age. It would have been as important to my parents in my upbringing as formal education. So it may be unusual to you, but it certainly happens
                                                                                              Anyway far too much is being read into a childrens fancy dress competition. Not every kid wants to dress up the same as their peers, which is the assumptions RasTa and Kayroo are making. Some kids are highly creative and imaginative at this age

Comment

Thank you for your monthly contribution where you come in and make a dig at someone and stroll off. Feel honoured it was me this month.

******
                                                                                                Maybe I'm just basing it on me and my peers at that age (assuming they are aged 10-13) but we did actually have an opinion on what was going on in the world, read newspapers and saw news bulletins even if was KidzNews John Craven style or whatever.
                                                                                                Two pretty girls going on holidays and getting into major trouble with the police would definitely have been a story we'd have been discussing.

I was part of the Martin Prince nerd gang though, I'll admit that.
                                                                                                Maybe closer to 13 - i.e. when your in secondardy school you might have some idea, but the 2 girls wouldn't be near 13 in that pic -

like what age to you stop dressing up as superman?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                  Fairly funny seeing Conspicuous the king of ultra petty internet over reactions telling someone to chill the beans
                                                                                                  Loving this post so much. I'm sure the irony is totally lost on you. Thank you

Comment

It's usually me! Looks like I'm in the clear for the next while.
                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

like what age to you stop dressing up as superman?
                                                                                                      107

Comment

Maybe closer to 13 - i.e. when your in secondardy school you might have some idea, but the 2 girls wouldn't be near 13 in that pic -
                                                                                                        I was definitely closer to 10 than 13 when I became 'news' aware. Possibily younger as my Dad died just before my 11th birthday and I remember reading newspapers and discussing stuff like strikes/apartheid/USSR/IRA with him (as well as fun things like sports).
                                                                                                        I was just fascinated by stuff (I still am I guess).

I just think there was something unfair about the way the possibility of the girls having an understanding of the events was dismissed.

Comment

I dunno, someone with kids would probably know, there not 4 anyway,
                                                                                                          7/8 probably be closer.
                                                                                                          Mia's age for sure. 8 ish.

Ah the pic is great. No harm at all. Also gives the early message drugs are bad.
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                            It's usually me! Looks like I'm in the clear for the next while.

apologies for coming off like a dick...you're two of my favourite posters fwiw!

Comment

You think Rasta is spot on because after making huge assumptions and leaps of faith about both the children and their parents you've written your own narrative
                                                                                                              Miss the point much?

My assumption is that a kid who goes to a fancy dress party in the middle of the afternoon is not so up on their current affairs that they would ask their parents to assist them dress up as suspected drug mules for the lols.

It's clearly the parents' idea and (prepare for an assumption) I would imagine it was to show how cool the parents are as opposed to letting the kids have fun by dressing up.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Kayroo; 25-08-13, 13:55.

Comment

They're about 4 years old, no? Always struggle a bit with guessing age of kids. That's still Peppa the Pig territory
                                                                                                                Slightly clearer pic. I'd guess 7 or 8.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Suppose it takes the heat off "Slane Girl". Next weeks chip wrapper

Comment

...

Comment

They could also be from shitty backgrounds, rough estate where talking and seeing needles, drugs etc is the norm.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Just had Eggs Benedict with sea trout in Fallon & Byrne, OMFG.

Outstanding.

Less than a tenner too.

Comment

Miss the point much?

My assumption is that a kid who goes to a fancy dress party in the middle of the afternoon is not so up on their current affairs that they would ask their parents to assist them dress up as suspected drug mules for the lols.

It's clearly the parents' idea and (prepare for an assumption) I would imagine it was to show how cool the parents are as opposed to letting the kids have fun by dressing up.
                                                                                                                          No I got exactly that the first team, cheers for spelling out your assumptions though old chap. I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a wild guess that you don't have any children of your own.

You jump to so many conclusions about children and how parents bring them up [without considering any grey areas] that you couldn't possibly have any of your own.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X