Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong in swimming in shorts, get ones without the blow up pockets, simples. I did my lifeguard training etc in shorts.
    It was a pain in the ass to swim in full sets of clothes though, which you had to do. Try dragging some 300 pound dude while you are wearing clothes which way a ton in water.
    Great craic back then, 3 guys and 20 girls to a class.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Maybe 10 or 15 years ago it had but its been really shit for a long time even well before the Quinn family got out.

Having to do the shopping for two homes as I do, supermarket shopping has become close on to the hardest work of the week. Not least because one of those is for my father whose greatest pleasure in life if perusing all the catalogs that come in the newspapers and picking out all the bargains he wants from each of them
    In an ideal world I'd be able to run round and pick up the best of Tesco and the German supermarkets to get what you need on a daily basis but in the real world its just too much of a chore to visit multiple shops more than once a week.

Shopping in Tesco is unbeatable from the point of choice and quality but that comes with some huge caveats. Fruit and veg needs to be checked and it is almost always worth the effort of rooting to the back of the shelf to find fresher produce.
    Walking into Tesco is like entering some enormous price gouging experiment that tries to push you to buy shit you don't need with all their stupid buy two for x offers.

Last week I found a load of stuff where the exact same product can be found at much cheaper prices than the heavily promoted eyeline spot by looking in other parts of the store... a few examples were
    Blueberries on a top shelf display with special offer branding 14 per Kg on the bottom shelf the very same Polish blueberries except a day fresher were 7 per kg.
    Just behind that in the fruit and veg section Walnuts and Brazil Nuts were both 20 per Kg, off at the back of the shop on the nut shelf there are Walnuts for 11 and Brazils for 14.
    The same lamb chops were on sale at three different prices from 17 to 23 /Kg
    Most annoying was some cleaning product, I can't remember exactly what it was, that was also being promoted that was 50% cheaper if you ignored the special and bought two small packets instead.
    The one beside me is great, mostly I like the quality of the food in the deli and the range of exotic cheese, caramelized onion cheese and so on. With daily offers.

You do really have to go to multiple supermarkets every week to get what you want for a decent price, it's really annoying. We buy our fruit/veg/kidney beans/chick pease etc from lidl and aldi and more kindof processed stuff from tesco, as lidl etc would not have that good of range at all. The I get nuts/spices/tofu etc from the asian supermarket. Pain in the ass to go around.

Some difference in price. Pay 1e for kidney beans in tesco, pay 17c in lidl/aldi, something things 5 times the price in tesco compared to the asian supermarket and so on. Tesco is always having different products for different amounts around the store, very annoying, I always buy by the kg price.
    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-08-13, 18:20.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
      Any bargains to be found on a laptop anywhere? Im happy with pretty low end.
      saveonlaptops.co.uk or there is a site for picking your own parts also if you want that. Cant recall atm. Can look it up if you need it. If you want one off the shelf the site I said is very good or just keep an eye on hotukdeals

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        saveonlaptops.co.uk or there is a site for picking your own parts also if you want that. Cant recall atm. Can look it up if you need it. If you want one off the shelf the site I said is very good or just keep an eye on hotukdeals
        Thanks.

Is the above a decent price or can better be got on saveonlaptops? I really know nothing about laptops but think il just make a purchase tonight if there is a decent deal there.
        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Another intern it seems:

Comment

Thanks.

Is the above a decent price or can better be got on saveonlaptops? I really know nothing about laptops but think il just make a purchase tonight if there is a decent deal there.
            You'd be disappointed to buy that as a laptop unless you like non portable things. It's a desktop, that's why it's cheaper.

Comment

United airlines Irish plane from Shannon downed in Philadelphia after a security threat.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                You'd be disappointed to buy that as a laptop unless you like non portable things. It's a desktop, that's why it's cheaper.
                Sigh..i just seen computer related stuff and looked no further
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Thanks.

Double fail, that's a cpu, this is what you would get.

I can have a look tomorrow for you if you'd like. Just off now.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      'downed' as in?
                      Ha! Emergency landing for security reasons!! My wording was not ideal.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

'downed' as in?
                        Safely landed.

33/1 Genuine, imminent security threat

1/100 Slow news day

Comment

Comment

United airlines Irish plane from Shannon downed in Philadelphia after a security threat.
                            Not at all the right word IMO, forced to land or even emergency landing is not downed

odds on there's drink involved
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

4 followers away from landmark 1,000 twitter followers. Its been an emotional two years. Still 700 behind that fecker BCB though.
                              That can be solved.

SPOILER
                              Buy twitter followers

SPOILER
                              Tempted, aren't you?

Comment

Double fail, that's a cpu, this is what you would get.

I can have a look tomorrow for you if you'd like. Just off now.
                                I'm often guilty of skimming.

Comment

Comment

SPOILER
                                    ah sure you'd be ruined if it was ever found out!
                                    SPOILER
                                    It would surely be no worse than if your IPB account was somehow linked to your twitter account

Comment

Oh for the few of you that play dota, here is the international stream for tonight
                                      The biggest esports tournament of the year is finally here, and it's broadcasting live from Seattle, WA. Playoff weekend begins October 20th to 22nd, with The International itself taking place October 27th to 29th. The tournament is also streaming on Twitch in Chinese, Spanish, and Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        I'd be tempted to start a "Do you still think he's not a racist?" thread on boards after he leaves.
                                        Surely a do you still think he is a racist aimed at arsenal/whomever fans hits more pressure points?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Surely a do you still think he is a racist aimed at arsenal/whomever fans hits more pressure points?
                                          Deffo worse to alter your opinion of the low life scumbag because he gets moved to the club that was running good when you were 8 years old than it was to try and defend him when he was already playing for whatever obscure UK town you support.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Deffo worse to alter your opinion of the low life scumbag because he gets moved to the club that was running good when you were 8 years old than it was to try and defend him when he was already playing for whatever obscure UK town you support.
                                            Go to bed old man.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                              Just find out where this person goes - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057002832
                                              post #19 was my favourite, brilliant thread
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Arsenal still have to qualify for the CL, would be quite interesting to see how the Suarez thing would play out if they got beaten in the playoff.
                                                PSV Eindhoven, Metalist Kharkiv, Fenerbache and Real Sociedad are 4 of their 5 possible opponents, no mugs though Arsenal should win.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                  if anyone fancies a game of 6aside tonight at 8 out in dcu get in touch with myself or rigger
                                                  fuck ye lazy sods!
                                                  final score 0-10 loss, I retire from goalkeeping duties now
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                    Arsenal still have to qualify for the CL, would be quite interesting to see how the Suarez thing would play out if they got beaten in the playoff.
                                                    PSV Eindhoven, Metalist Kharkiv, Fenerbache and Real Sociedad are 4 of their 5 possible opponents, no mugs though Arsenal should win.
                                                    Could you suggest a way for people to to perhaps compete in a manner that would allow them to pit their wits against those of fellow IPB members in a footballing score related fashion? Nothing fantasy related, mind, but dealing in solid scores.

Comment

Everyone I know is getting engaged. 3 alone this week, holding onto my twenty's(3months) and freedom for as long as possible!
                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Could you suggest a way for people to to perhaps compete in a manner that would allow them to pit their wits against those of fellow IPB members in a footballing score related fashion? Nothing fantasy related, mind, but dealing in solid scores.
                                                        I'm glad you asked me that question, complete stranger at the back of the room.
                                                        Many discerning punters have had a very positive experience with the Premier League Predictions competition,
                                                        which by a happy co-incidence is going to re-start in 10 days time. Entry fee is a mere €25, anmd incredibly the prizepool is unlimited.
                                                        You can read more details here.

Comment

I like the sound of this, tell us more armani!

On a poker note; I have given this grinding thing a go... have heard so much about it over the years that I figured I should try it once at least instead of full rolling 1 table omaha

$60 into account to play $1.50 6man sng's(I think 40 buyins is good), am obviously running hot because 70 sng's later and I am up to $100.. once I hit $140 I shall move up to $3.50... Finding out about this grinding malarkey is going to make me rich!! muahahaha

@5star Will ship that €25 to you before the morning on stars
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                            Another intern it seems:

Maybe a bit childish but the name of the singer
                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                              Maybe a bit childish but the name of the singer
                                                              am pretty sure that's what he meant when he posted it..
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

am pretty sure that's what he meant when he posted it..
                                                                guilty of skimming also... Thought he was on about something else...
                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I like the sound of this, tell us more armani!

On a poker note; I have given this grinding thing a go... have heard so much about it over the years that I figured I should try it once at least instead of full rolling 1 table omaha

$60 into account to play $1.50 6man sng's(I think 40 buyins is good), am obviously running hot because 70 sng's later and I am up to $100.. once I hit $140 I shall move up to $3.50... Finding out about this grinding malarkey is going to make me rich!! muahahaha

@5star Will ship that €25 to you before the morning on stars
                                                                  How did your vegas jar go in the end? I'm guessing it didn't meet your goals?

Comment

galway UKIPT last longest?

Comment

How did your vegas jar go in the end? I'm guessing it didn't meet your goals?
                                                                      Opted to save the money than blow it in vegas, am planning on going travelling for 3+ years from next march or so onwards if I save enough. Looking for a job now but having no luck at all hence why I'm actually doing this grinding shtuff

Have actually started the jar this week again, had like €400 worth of coins just thrown around the place so figured why not do it again rather than wasting so much money. Only drinking 2 nights a week now too so am saving a nice bit
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

fuck ye lazy sods!
                                                                        final score 0-10 loss, I retire from goalkeeping duties now
                                                                        Did you not injure yourself recently or am I thinking of the rigger?

Surely some of the IPB heads here can step in and help you if your stuck for numbers. If I was based in Dublin I'd happily jump in for a few games.

Comment

Going to Man U and Chelsea on the 26th...Last club match I went to was Shels vs. Leeds in about 1990...looking forward to it!

Comment

off to bed, no alcohol. Up at 8 am leave for Limerick at 9. Interview at 10.45.....

wonder will I be any the wiser afterwards??

Go me
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                              Did you not injure yourself recently or am I thinking of the rigger?

Surely some of the IPB heads here can step in and help you if your stuck for numbers. If I was based in Dublin I'd happily jump in for a few games.
                                                                              yeah broke my ankle 4 weeks ago I think it was(whatever night limerick beat cork), short in numbers so had to played in goals today.
                                                                              Fucked up a finger in the first half in a goalmouth scramble where rigger saved the day, popped it back into place so ended up that I was avoiding using my right foot to kick it out(sidefoot blocking didn't hurt but kicking with laces did) and avoiding touching the ball with my left hand completely... I reckon it was quite comical to watch!

Had one great chance to score too, ran up the pitch maradona style but their keeper did a diving save! First game we have failed to score in, really really sucked. Still bottom of the league
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

4 followers away from landmark 1,000 twitter followers. Its been an emotional two years. Still 700 behind that fecker BCB though.
                                                                                It's all about the tweet to follower ratio.
                                                                                88 tweets - 144 followers

Although my profile is private so they may be drawn by the mystique.

Comment

@IREPokerBoards has 114 tweets and 777 followers.

Comment

Any bargains to be found on a laptop anywhere? Im happy with pretty low end.
                                                                                    If you are happy to buy one 2nd hand there are some excellent bargains on ebay and adverts. Whats your budget and any essential features you need?

Comment

Feck the lot of ye's
                                                                                      0 tweets - 3 followers
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                        If you are happy to buy one 2nd hand there are some excellent bargains on ebay and adverts. Whats your budget and any essential features you need?
                                                                                        Not sure I like second hand really. Budget is variable id like under €400 considering I have no real requirements. Id like MS Office 2010 but im sure that can be acquired around here.
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Not sure I like second hand really. Budget is variable id like under €400 considering I have no real requirements. Id like MS Office 2010 but im sure that can be acquired around here.
                                                                                          400 plus 350 in money off coupons??

Comment

Either of these 2 should be decent enough for you. The HP has a hybrid SSD/HDD drive. I haven't used one practice just yet. In theory they should be noticeably nippier than a regular HDD. My gf has a slighlty older version of the lenovo, quite robust and a little large for a 15.6". Nonetheless it is an excellent value laptop for the money imo. The HP should have better battery life with the lower TDP CPU.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_Pa...A_1299649.html €350ish + delivery.

or

http://www.dabs.ie/products/lenovo-b...54580000&src=3 €385 + delivery.

Comment

Opted to save the money than blow it in vegas, am planning on going travelling for 3+ years from next march or so onwards if I save enough. Looking for a job now but having no luck at all hence why I'm actually doing this grinding shtuff

Have actually started the jar this week again, had like €400 worth of coins just thrown around the place so figured why not do it again rather than wasting so much money. Only drinking 2 nights a week now too so am saving a nice bit
                                                                                              There's something I've been wondering for some time but have never wanted to ask. How do people without a job or other source of non-social welfare income manage to go out drinking most of the week, go flying off to different countries, out here, there, and everywhere? Do they not eat or something.

This isn't especially aimed at you now, but just that you mentioning going travelling for 3 years on savings brings it to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                There's something I've been wondering for some time but have never wanted to ask. How do people without a job or other source of non-social welfare income manage to go out drinking most of the week, go flying off to different countries, out here, there, and everywhere? Do they not eat or something.

This isn't especially aimed at you now, but just that you mentioning going travelling for 3 years on savings brings it to mind.
                                                                                                I have a buddy who has an arts degree, sociology or philosophy. Can't remember which. He's been unemployed for quite some time. Plays part time in a band and does the odd Dublin tour for tips(basically ends up bringing young yanks and bagpackers on pub crawls). The guy has been abroad to festivals and visiting mates more times in the last couple of years than I have in last 10. Obviously this working craic is overrated. Every time I meet the guy out he is mashed off his face and having the time of his life or posting on facebook of his binges. No idea how he affords it at all unless he is a gigalo or dealer in his spare time.

Comment

Ah no worries no problem answering it
                                                                                                  Well personally, I go out with a naggin or two in my pocket and I drink it straight so that's €5/€10 and I'm bolloxed. I never go to clubs or pay in anywhere unless it's a gig so that's money saved. Every bit of change goes into a box which I don't touch so I make sure to get by on whatever I have and that money is savings(often throw a 10/20 in there if I have enough money for the week too)

Dole is 188 a week, rent + bills normally comes to ~400 for the month
                                                                                                  Normally try and put €100-150 away for inevitable expenses which will pop up - new runners, football league, swimming courses, visit someone abroad, festivals, trip to old trafford etc etc
                                                                                                  So that leaves roughly 300 for the month.
                                                                                                  Spend around 100-120 on that for shopping for the whole month, then around 60-100 on alcohol, tend to avoid restaurants when possible. So I should always save 100 a month unless something unexpected happens.
                                                                                                  Then on the side I play poker which I would be expecting to make 150 minimum for the month(working off a small bankroll right now) and I have a sports betting fund which I am honestly currently on a very hot streak for the first time in decades so that helps

On the negative:
                                                                                                  I was kinda seeing a girl or 3 last month, casual dates and such... and that genuinely cost me a fucking bomb. My bank balance took at least a 1k hit in a month and even going out with one regularly is genuinely not really affordable on the dole whatsoever!!!!

I also spent a lot of money buying nieces/nephew and sister a trip to disneyland so am finding it very tough to save but getting better. REALLY want a job though! haha

tldr; if it wasn't for gambling I'd be saving nothing
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Feck the lot of ye's
                                                                                                    0 tweets - 3 followers
                                                                                                    On my own twitter account I've 0 tweets 28 followers, so there!

Comment

Couple of young lads around here, would see them in the snooker Hall regularly, have often told me they don't have a penny and are only getting 100 quid on the dole as they are under 25, same guys drink 5 nights a week, never miss going to a nite club and are in bookies every day aswell. The mind boggles

Comment

oh funny actually, start of countdown they ask what you do and stuff... don't think they have ever encountered a dolehead before... I'm a band manager now apparently according to Nick Hewer
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Jesus that's pretty detailed. I wasn't trying to pry to that extent, but fair dues to you.

Do you have any particular plans with the 3+ years of travelling? Seems like half the forum has done that over the past few years. Where the hell is IanMc living these days anyway?

Comment

Do people not feel any level of shame for bringing naggins into pubs and not spending a cent in there?
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Oh for the few of you that play dota, here is the international stream for tonight
                                                                                                              http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti
                                                                                                              This is just as good as the World Cup. If only there was an Irish team.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Jesus that's pretty detailed. I wasn't trying to pry to that extent, but fair dues to you.

Do you have any particular plans with the 3+ years of travelling? Seems like half the forum has done that over the past few years. Where the hell is IanMc living these days anyway?
                                                                                                                not sure yet, ideally I'd like to find a charity where I can build houses and help out unfortunate communities but they are all looking for thousands from volunteers... so am not entirely sure of my plan yet until I save some more but will be something along those lines but without having to give them €3k+. I got some time to do some proper research
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  Do people not feel any level of shame for bringing naggins into pubs and not spending a cent in there?
                                                                                                                  Have only done it in nightclubs occassionally but can't imagine feeling ashamed to do it in a pub; would certainly be embarassed if caught in the act by staff however.

Comment

not sure yet, ideally I'd like to find a charity where I can build houses and help out unfortunate communities but they are all looking for thousands from volunteers... so am not entirely sure of my plan yet until I save some more but will be something along those lines but without having to give them €3k+. I got some time to do some proper research
                                                                                                                    Probably more in your line to get yourself a job

Sneaking drink into places sounds unfortunate to me.
                                                                                                                    Charity begins at home sort yourself before you save the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                                                                                                      Probably more in your line to get yourself a job

Sneaking drink into places sounds unfortunate to me.
                                                                                                                      Charity begins at home sort yourself before you save the world.
                                                                                                                      I'm guessing Kev changed your name, but who were you before the name change? Was it requested or a 'Kevism'?

OK, just realised who you are. Other questions stand though.

Comment

I'm guessing Kev changed your name, but who were you before the name change? Was it requested or a 'Kevism'?

OK, just realised who you are. Other questions stand though.
                                                                                                                        Very curious about this because it really is a rarity that someone is in my ignore list but honestly Fearbocht was and shall remain there.
                                                                                                                        What a silly post

edit:
                                                                                                                        I see your name is Mick - and that you got super angry with people you staked... so much for charity if that's the case. Did you ask for a refund too? - tbh I have no idea who you are but can see why I blocked you .

If you actually are capable of reading then read my posts again and you will see that I stated I have been looking for a job. Charity doesn't begin at home, that is just a stupid cliche statement used by people who think of themsevles over others(still sure you didn't ask for that refund?). I get by happily on what I make, I go to Old Trafford at least 4 times a season, have been to 5 festivals this summer and yeah... I never once said I was unhappy, or living on the street or begging for money.

Is it so wrong that I just want to go make some other people happy and experience some new things and hopefully help people who can't help themselves. Each to their own beliefs Mick but write whatever you want back.. I'm just hoping nobody quotes it so I don't have to see the drivel

edit again: very slow outta me... who else could be on my ignore list and actually be that retarded... Oh sickpuppy, what a man
                                                                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 08-08-13, 00:05.
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Who is it? Thought it used to show up on the user's page or was that boards?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X