Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    €380

€20 win on Timepiece @ 18/1
    Noice.

Comment

Boom

Got him at 18's too.
      Free €20 bet on next Dennis - think its on the first race on C4 tomorrow (2.05 York by the looks of it)
      Nice work, Ciaran, on the price hunting!

Also, an excellent piece of oppurtunistic race riding employed by Tom Queally, on the filly.
      Hopefully he can do that more often.

Regarding the free bet at York, don't have an opinion. Maybe Caf or Gimmeabreak can have a look.

Get cracking the rest of ye on the forthcoming investments. Its not beyond us to crack the 2k barrier for this round,starting with Tipp on Sunday.
      "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

If you're not sure of a horse for the free bet 2mrw, people can have a look & stick up their selection (2.05 - York) & i'll stick on the most popular at 2pm.

If you deceide on one yourself, just post it here & i'll put that on.

Don't forget if its 4/1 or better & wins we get another freebie.

Comment

Keane

Hurling
          Galway -1.0
          6/5

Football
          Dublin
          2/11

Mayo
          8/11

Leitrim +10.0
          10/11

€20 Accumulator Returns €171.47

********BET PLACED******
          Last edited by Dice75; 08-07-11, 16:30.

Comment

If you're not sure of a horse for the free bet 2mrw, people can have a look & stick up their selection (2.05 - York) & i'll stick on the most popular at 2pm.

If you deceide on one yourself, just post it here & i'll put that on.

Don't forget if its 4/1 or better & wins we get another freebie.
            The one horse that realy stands out to me in this race and looks overpriced is Liberty Lady. in the last 3 months has had 4 runs over the distance winning twice and placed on in the other 2, most recently at cork when beaten less than a lenght by inxile. At 14/1 it looks great value. just my 2 cents fwiw
            Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by twitch1984 View Post
              The one horse that realy stands out to me in this race and looks overpriced is Liberty Lady. in the last 3 months has had 4 runs over the distance winning twice and placed on in the other 2, most recently at cork when beaten less than a lenght by inxile. At 14/1 it looks great value. just my 2 cents fwiw
              Fair enough, I'll go along with that so.

Dice - Liberty Lady for the bonus tomorrow.
              "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post

*******BET PLACED******

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                    Copa America:

53.50 on Peru 7/5 V Mexico and Brazil 4/6 V Paraguay (3/1 total)
                    Peru won 1 0, late goal after they had around 10 corners, 20 shots, missed 2 sitters and hit both the post and bar. Come on Brazilllllllllllll

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                      Nicely done.

Hey, does anyone have any bets they'd be interested in placing - (with well-thought out reasoning!).

I've actually got nothing so am planning to pass and have the money go back into the pot unless someone wants to suggest a bet and then maybe two other people give it a nod of approval.

(seems better than wasting it tbh)

I'll take half of it if you want and put it with my bet
                      going with a safeish single Dublin -6 @11/10 vrs wexford
                      Dublin will be too good for wexford and if they can find the back of the net a few times this will be easy money. but even with out the goals dubli9n should beat them by 7 points

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                        Dublin will be too good for wexford and if they can find the back of the net a few times this will be easy money. but even with out the goals dubli9n should beat them by 7 points
                        Burning money imo

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                          Burning money imo
                          lol says the lover of all things GAA

Comment

lol says the lover of all things GAA
                            I'm a lover of all things gambling and that is a ridic bet. -6 at 11/10 is insane

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                              I'm a lover of all things gambling and that is a ridic bet. -6 at 11/10 is insane
                              not really an insane bet the dubs are easily 7-8 points better than wexford .

Comment

I think 6 is a touch on the high side fwiw, but then again I'm a nit when it comes to football handicaps.

Comment

*****BET PLACED*******

€68.50 @ 11/10 Returns €143.85*

*@Hitch - if u want to add to this just post or PM

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hitchhiker

Newmarket 3.35pm - Delegator

€28.50 win @ 11/2

*****BET PLACED******

Comment

sorry lad ran an absolute stinker never got going

Comment

sorry lad ran an absolute stinker never got going
                                          It was just too much of a step up in class. Could never stand a chance in a race like that. Some of those horses have been running in group company.

Comment

I wouldnt like the Dublin bet either 4 points maybe i agree there 6 points or more better but you just dont know if i team like Wexford can rise for the one game and run them close.
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Dice75

€68.50 @ 4/1 - Roman Kreuziger to finish in the Top 10 in the Tour de France.

Returns €342.50.

Kreuziger is an up & coming (just turned 25) all round cycilist who is going to his fourth Tour (13th/9th/9th). Was promoted to team leader for the Giro this year where he finished a dissappointing 6th. Well able to climb & will have teammate Vinikourov to help in the mountains. Not really a contender for victory yet but I think he's a great bet for the hat-trick of top 10 finishes at 4/1 (barring accidents of course)

Edit - just looked at oddschecker & Bet365 are the skinniest at 4's, 11/2 with Powers & 8/1 with SportingBet
                                              *must open SportingBet a/c & have this months mortgage payment on*
                                              I think the bookies are a bit dismissive of Kreuziger because of Vinikourov in the team but he was only 16th last year & is 38 in a few months.
                                              Not looking good, I'm afraid.
                                              Crashed twice yesterday losing 3 minutes & chipping a bone in his wrist - been bouncing between peleton & doctor today. Just been dropped with 30k to go today & a Category 2 climb still to get over

Edit - Lost 20 mins today, we're goosed.
                                              Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-11, 16:44.

Comment

Hitchhiker

Newmarket 3.35pm - Delegator

€28.50 win @ 11/2

*****BET PLACED******
                                                5th

Comment

Keane

Hurling
                                                  Galway -1.0
                                                  6/5

Football
                                                  Dublin
                                                  2/11

Mayo
                                                  8/11

Leitrim +10.0
                                                  10/11

********BET PLACED******
                                                  This is looking pretty good at the moment too, probably come down to Mayo not being crap.

Comment

Weekend Recap

Saturday

6.30pm - London for €168.14

8.00pm - Brazil for €207.41

Sunday

2.00pm - Dublin (-6) for €143.85

4.00pm - Tipperary for €561.79

__________________________________________________ __________________

In the Bank already - €525.00 (for August)
                                                    Still to be gambled - €568.00 (in July)

Also 2 other in-running bets apart from above.
                                                    Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-11, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                      Peru won 1 0, late goal after they had around 10 corners, 20 shots, missed 2 sitters and hit both the post and bar. Come on Brazilllllllllllll
                                                      Just cancelled the kids samba soccer class, fucking drew 2 2 and scored late at that

Comment

Hey Dice,

48.50 on CARRIGMARTIN in sundays 3:45 sligo @2/1

5 ew Goosen @45/1 british open
                                                        5 ew Matt Kuchar @45/1 british open.

Cmon Tipp by the way.just back from the honeymoon and catching up with the thread..some nice bets running good work lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                          Hey Dice,

Cmon Tipp by the way.just back from the honeymoon and catching up with the thread..some nice bets running good work lads.

congrats on the hitching

btw Dice Paddy are paying 7 places in the British open 1/4 odds compared to top 6 on 365

but Goosen and Kucher are 40/1 on paddy.

some are the same but most are shorter on paddy

Comment

congrats on the hitching

btw Dice Paddy are paying 7 places in the British open 1/4 odds compared to top 6 on 365

but Goosen and Kucher are 40/1 on paddy.

some are the same but most are shorter on paddy
                                                            Cheers, i dont mind taking the shorter price if the concensus is the 7 places is the smarter bet.

Comment

Hey Dice,

********BETS PLACED******

All bets placed on Boylesports for best valve - Horse @ 2/1 & golf bets @ 1/4 odds first 8 places. (@40/1)

Comment

Weekend Recap

Saturday

6.30pm - London for €168.14

8.00pm - Brazil for €207.41

Sunday

2.00pm - Dublin (-6) for €143.85

4.00pm - Tipperary for €561.79

__________________________________________________ __________________

In the Bank already - €525.00 (for August)
                                                                Still to be gambled - €568.00 (in July)

Also 2 other in-running bets apart from above.
                                                                Not a great weekend but at least the biggest bet came in - another €561.79 in the kitty with €170 odd riding on Mayo next Sunday.

Comment

ok 3 horsies for today

Pokfulham 5:30 ayr
                                                                  Bahrain Storm 8:00 killarney
                                                                  Laganbank 9:00 killarney

3x € 18 dbls
                                                                  € 14.50 trbl

Comment

ok 3 horsies for today

Pokfulham 5:30 ayr @2/1
                                                                    Bahrain Storm 8:00 killarney @11/8
                                                                    Laganbank 9:00 killarney @ 8/11

3x € 18 dbls
                                                                    € 14.50 trbl
                                                                    *********BET PLACED************

Comment

ok 3 horsies for today

3x € 18 dbls
                                                                      € 14.50 trbl
                                                                      Pokfulham a NR - does the treble become a double & two other doubles returned or what?

Comment

treble becomes a double, 1 double remains as a double and the other 2 doubles with the NR become singles.

You have a E32.50 double and 2x E18 singles

Comment

sorry about the dubs bet last time i back them on here, I felt they were a good 10 points better and even after being there felt they should have won by that margin, Brogan missing all those chances i never saw that one coming. I'm nearly afraid to watch it on the tele later.
                                                                          I had a skinful of pints after so can't remember some of the finer details of it and i'm sure i missed plenty as the seats were a bit low down to see all the action.

I'd say kerry ,cork et al are quacking in their boots

Comment

ok 3 horsies for today

3x € 18 dbls
                                                                            € 14.50 trbl
                                                                            Nice sweat on the jolly in the 9 oclock

Comment

Nice sweat on the jolly in the 9 oclock
                                                                              Yeah, and because of the non runner, the single returns just over €40, so some money back all ready

Comment

Nice one handy enough winner there backed it myself when it drifted to evens just before the off.

Comment

Should Return about €207 I reckon. (€207.14)
                                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 11-07-11, 20:32.

Comment

sorry about the dubs bet last time i back them on here, I felt they were a good 10 points better and even after being there felt they should have won by that margin, Brogan missing all those chances i never saw that one coming. I'm nearly afraid to watch it on the tele later.
                                                                                    I had a skinful of pints after so can't remember some of the finer details of it and i'm sure i missed plenty as the seats were a bit low down to see all the action.
                                                                                    I'd say kerry ,cork et al are quacking in their boots
                                                                                    Are you sure you weren't suffering from tunnel vision, Loopz ?

That ship was never coming in and even if this comment is being made with the benefit of hindsight, I had my doubts on this particular one as did one or two others. Any criticism on my part is only for the benefit of the collective syndicate and to constructively improve the chances of its success. I feel we should be posting a comment if we don't like a member's bet, for whatever reason. Otherwise we end up making the same mistakes.

You have to guard against complacency in any team sport so the last thing the Dublin management wanted was a resounding win and fellas turning up tomorrow with a swagger. I haven't seen too many All-Irelands won in July and while a Dublin team at peak fitness is probably seven or eight points superior to their Wexford counterparts, that same peak in fitness in this case is surely being aimed for mid-August to Sept. I'd say the dubs are training very hard atm, and wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that Mickey Whelan had ran them into the ground last week. The Leinster final was just a line to be crawled over for a team who can see a bigger picture and have well managed aspirations to appearing on the bigger stage imo.

I'm open to criticism of my own bets on behalf of the syndicate at any stage, but to tell it like it is, this wasn't a well thought out bet.

Comment

Should Return about €207 I reckon. (€207.14)
                                                                                      nice little return, pity about the non runner, if I had have waited and found out it wasnt going I would have just lumped d loots on the double but cest la vie

Comment

sorry ive been on the missing list, freaked i missed my last bet. was gona shove the lot on mc ilroy to win last month tbh. (anyone know what price he was?)

ill have a look at the wkend and stick up a bet.

Comment

Originally posted by luckylawz View Post
                                                                                          sorry ive been on the missing list, freaked i missed my last bet. was gona shove the lot on mc ilroy to win last month tbh. (anyone know what price he was?)

ill have a look at the wkend and stick up a bet.
                                                                                          Rory was available at 22/1 pp enhanced odds from 18/1 for the us open.

You could do worse than sticking a bet on Lee Westwood 12/1 in running for the open, imo as a fellow syndicate member. I reckon if he can get his putter going he'll be there or thereabouts come Sunday afternoon. No pressure, just my thoughts.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jaysoose;360627]Hey Dice,

QUOTE]

I think we can safely say these guys are not going to winning anything thise weekend..sorry lads.

Comment

You could do worse than sticking a bet on Lee Westwood 12/1 in running for the open, imo as a fellow syndicate member. I reckon if he can get his putter going he'll be there or thereabouts come Sunday afternoon. No pressure, just my thoughts.

Methinks we're better off staying away from the golf in this syndicate between the above, Jaysoose's 2 Open bets & our gazillion horses missing in the Masters

Better chance of winning the IPO than picking an ante-post golf winner
                                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 15-07-11, 11:44.

Comment

Methinks we're better off staying away from the golf in this syndicate between the above, Jaysoose's 2 Open bets & our gazillion horses missing in the Masters
                                                                                                Yhe thankfully Luckylawz did'nt take up my poor advice on Westwood.

Its a case of the one that got away though as he would have stuck his share of the last round on Rory Mclroy for the us open if he was around.

The ledgendary bookie Terry Rogers always maintained that it was the one sport you could win on as the cream generally rose to the top over a major championship.
                                                                                                Looking at the competitive advertising this year pp and boyles 7/8 places etc they're treating it like a grand national moneyspinner. Van oeushuizen was obv some result for them last year.

Comment

Keane

Hurling
                                                                                                  Galway -1.0
                                                                                                  6/5

Football
                                                                                                  Dublin
                                                                                                  2/11

Mayo
                                                                                                  8/11

Leitrim +10.0
                                                                                                  10/11

********BET PLACED******
                                                                                                  Mayo for 170 to finish off my accumulator today, the weather's terribad though, could be dodgy...

Comment

Only four points in it at halftime. Mayo trailing but played against a very strong wind in the first half.

Pretty confident now, Roscommon's backs don't seem to have any plan beyond fouling when the ball gets down the Mayo end.

Comment

Ship

Comment

Still to go for July -

€68.50
                                                                                                        LuckyLawz
                                                                                                        Oleras
                                                                                                        DeadParrot
                                                                                                        Spoofingjam
                                                                                                        Feetmagic

Keane - €48.50
                                                                                                        Hitch - €40.00

Winnings so far in July - €1465.41.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                          how the fck do we have 1465 in winnings? good job whoever is responsible. Also good job Dice for keeping this show on the road.
                                                                                                          733.26 here and I've only used half my bet so far

Comment

Still to go for July -

€68.50
                                                                                                            LuckyLawz
                                                                                                            Oleras
                                                                                                            DeadParrot
                                                                                                            Spoofingjam
                                                                                                            Feetmagic

Keane - €48.50
                                                                                                            Hitch - €40.00

Winnings so far in July - €1465.41.
                                                                                                            Wow! That's a tasty roll building for the next round, and still a fair few to go. Well played all!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                              Wow! That's a tasty roll building for the next round, and still a fair few to go. Well played all!
                                                                                                              +1

Comment

Oleras

Bet for tonights football.

NK Maribor
                                                                                                                Dinamo Zagreb
                                                                                                                Slovan Bratislava.

Treble pays ~ 4/1.

€68.50.

******BET PLACED******

Comment

Oleras

Bet for tonights football.

NK Maribor
                                                                                                                  Dinamo Zagreb
                                                                                                                  Slovan Bratislava.

Treble pays ~ 4/1.

€68.50.

******BET PLACED******

Balls.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

rangers motherwell celtic treble @3/1 the lot on it pls dice!!

Comment

Originally posted by luckylawz View Post
                                                                                                                      rangers motherwell celtic treble @3/1 the lot on it pls dice!!
                                                                                                                      *****BET PLACED*****

Comment

Thoughts on the following selections folks:

1. €30 four-fold @ 3.55/1

SPOILER

Kildare @ 2/7 to beat Derry
                                                                                                                        Cork @ 4/9 to beat Down
                                                                                                                        Wexford (-2.0) @ 10/11 to beat Limerick
                                                                                                                        Galway @ 2/7 to beat Waterford (Hurling)

This looks safe enough to me.

Kildare should have too much for Derry, having built up some momentum coming through qualifiers against Laois and Meath after running Dublin close, while Derry will be battered and bruised from the Ulster final on Sunday and are missing their two marquee forwards.

Cork should squeeze past an underperforming Down team who have been poor in all their matches so far and appear to be suffering second season syndrome. Cork will be a bit light up front after losing Ciaran Sheehan, but will dominate a weak Down midfield.

Wexford running Dublin close was no accident. They are a classy side, with a good forward line that should be way too hot for Limerick to handle. Limerick beat Wexford in the league, but have since lost the great John Galvin, and have been the beneficiaries of a very soft draw to get this far in the Championship.

My hurling expertise isn't too great, but the consensus seems to be that Galway will have far too much for Waterford, having shown well against Clare and Cork since their loss to Dublin in Leinster, while Waterford were destroyed last time out against Tipperary. The weaknesses in Waterford's full back line should be exploited to the nth degree by the peerless Joe Canning.

2. €18.50 five-fold @ 9.24/1

SPOILER

Kildare (-4) @ 2/7 to beat Derry
                                                                                                                        Cork @ 4/9 to beat Down
                                                                                                                        Wexford (-2.0) @ 10/11 to beat Limerick
                                                                                                                        Tyrone @ 4/9 to beat Armagh
                                                                                                                        Galway @ 2/7 to beat Waterford (Hurling)

A few more variables in this one but if the first bet is value I think this one has to be as well.

The differences:

Kildare (-4) - if Derry turn up, they can potentially suck Kildare into a dogfight. Kildare don't have the best forwards in the country and could potentially struggle to put up a big score, however the wide pitch in Croke Park should work to their advantage, with the roving John Doyle likely to find plenty space to feed good ball into O'Connor at full-forward, who's been very dangerous in recent games. The venue won't suit a tired Derry side who could potentially capitulate if they come under pressure. The main issue is Kildare's tendancy to start slowly could give Derry the opportunity to get their teeth into the game, although their lack of firepower can be seen from the fact that they scored only 8 points last week.

Tyrone to beat Armagh - Armagh are quite short on quality IMO, with Clarke, Kernan and McDonnell the only real standout players to me unless someone is slipping my mind. Tyrone's biggest vulnerability IMO is their engine. A fast, fit team looks likely to be the best way to get at some of the creaking joints they have, but a clash with Armagh in Omagh is very unlikely to have the sort of free flow to trouble them in this regard. The caveat to this one is that I haven't seen much of either team this year, but reports I'm hearing seem to back up my thoughts on this meeting. Stephen O'Neill is missing for Tyrone, but they have decent forwards and should be able to carry his loss in this one.

Comment

Dont know enough about GAA to comment on matches but i'd personally think putting it all on the first bet would be the way to go.

Will bow to others better knowledge though.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          €48.50 on first bet returns €220.67

Splitting it in 2 bets returns €325.94

Are the 2 extra results likely to be worth an extra €105.27 profit in the chances they come in v the potential €84.18 loss if they dont & the first 4 do?
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 20-07-11, 13:29.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X