Clear All

hernandes 1st goal and BARCA win 2-1 10euro @85/1

over 1.5 first half goals 15euro @12/5

vidic anytime scorer 15euro @10/1

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      BET PLACED - Returns 529.30

*Note changes in handicaps in GAA.
      Dice, stick my main bet, the loots, on tipp and dub with those new h/caps double.

Also, go with Noels sugestion on the free ones !!
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckylawz View Post

Hernandes 1st goal and BARCA win 2-1 10euro @85/1

Over 1.5 first half goals 15euro @12/5

Vidic anytime scorer 15euro @10/1
        ******BETS PLACED*****

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          Dice, stick my main bet, the loots, on tipp and dub with those new h/caps double.

Also, go with Noels sugestion on the free ones !!
          Dublin -5
          Tipp - 4

Double Returns €264.60

*******BET PLACED*********

Comment

Cheers dude...could be a big weekend for the syndicate !!
            This too shall pass.

Comment

This Weekends Bets

Treble
              Heineken Cup - Leinster minus 6 (win)
              Leinster to beat Munster
              Barcelona to win in 90 mins
              Returns €430.60

UFC/GAA Accumulator
              Jackson
              Browne
              Alves
              Stann
              Dublin (Hurling)
              Returns €335.32

GAA/Rugby Treble
              Dublin minus 5 points
              Tipp minus 4 points
              Leinster minus 2 points
              Returns €529.30

GAA Double
              Dublin minus 5 points
              Tipp minus 4 points
              Returns €264.60

Champions League Final
              Hernandes 1st goal and BARCA win 2-1 €860.00
              Over 1.5 first half goals €36.00
              Vidic anytime scorer €160.00
              Over 2.5 goals €115.00
              Last edited by Dice75; 28-05-11, 12:58.

Comment

*2 x €50 bets on CL Final to go on at 2mrw aswell - will be posted here.

We'll probably have a winnings of €460 riding on Barcelona 90 mins so why not go for the correct score draws 0-0 8/1 and 1-1 6/1. I don't fancy either a lot of goals here or a United win in 90 so it could be a saver. As a United fan you can hardly place the bets on Barca to win anyway.
                "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Did the over 2.5 goals for the first free bet.

If Nucks treble is still going on Barca in 90 mins, i'll stick the other €50 on a draw.
                  If not i'll put it on Barca to win in 90 mins.

Comment

Went for a bit of a Hail Mary on the 2nd free bet - sure if u cant gamble on a freebie, when can u?

Rooney to score 2 or more returns 1050e

Also - FU Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      we got a sweat!!!!
                      Better sweat than having Barca at evevs imo.
                      Covered the over 1.5 goals in the 1st half anyway so far.
                      Rooney & Vidic goal in the 2nd would be sweet!
                      Last edited by Dice75; 28-05-11, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        you should have listened to this guy
                        and ignored this fecking eijit
                        Yep.
                        At least we got the over 2.5
                        Cmon Rooney for the consolation goal

Comment

Also - FU Munster
                          +1

Comment

Still to go in Round 3

Hitchhiker €63.00

Twitch1984 €63.00

EnzoScifo €63.00

Tipp86 €48.00

Feetmagic €112.32

Keane €13.00

DeadParrot €13.00

I would like to get this round over this week & not be carrying bets over into Round 4 as it makes my head hurt

Currently we have €561.94 in the kitty for Round 4 made up from the winnings of -

Jaysoose €135.00
                            Loopz €134.94
                            AKDonk €126.00
                            Free Bet €115.00
                            LuckyLawz €51.00

This equates to €31.21 per person for Round 4 so a few winners from the last few bets would be welcome.

Comment

sicked I was very confident of that UFC bet
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I shall av a go and lump 63 at, Derry, Shamrock Rvs, Monaghan and Miami Heat (-4 points) in game 1 tonight at 4.26 / 1
                                Last edited by EnzoScifo; 30-05-11, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                  I shall av a go and lump 63 at, Derry, Shamrock Rvs, Monaghan and Miami Heat (-4 points) in game 1 tonight at 4.26 / 1
                                  ******BET PLACED*******

Edit - Miami are -4.5 points.

Returns €343.51

Comment

I have an outstanding balance of €112.32 for this round. I'm going to put it on ciarraithuaidh's tip in the GAA gambling thread which is two related accums.

I'll put €75 on Kerry, Cork, Tyrone, Kildare, Dublin all in the football - should be around 3/1

And €37.32 on Kerry, Cork, Tyrone, Kildare, Dublin all in the football, Kerry in the hurling and Toulouse in the Top 14 final - should be 4/1

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                      I have an outstanding balance of €112.32 for this round. I'm going to put it on ciarraithuaidh's tip in the GAA gambling thread which is two related accums.

I'll put €75 on Kerry, Cork, Tyrone, Kildare, Dublin all in the football - should be around 3/1

And €37.32 on Kerry, Cork, Tyrone, Kildare, Dublin all in the football, Kerry in the hurling and Toulouse in the Top 14 final - should be 4/1

Thanks.

*******BETS PLACED********

€75 Returns €212.60
                                      €37 Returns €171.90

Comment

3 Up, just need Le Bron and Wade to do the business tonight for 343

Comment

Still to go in Round 3

Hitchhiker €63.00

Twitch1984 €63.00*

Tipp86 €48.00

Keane €13.00

DeadParrot €13.00

I would like to get this round over this week & not be carrying bets over into Round 4 as it makes my head hurt
                                          Bump. Cant believe I've to chase gamblers to put bets on

* Does anyone know Twitch as I see he hasn't been logged on for nearly a month?
                                          Last edited by Dice75; 31-05-11, 15:29.

Comment

I'll take his place if you're looking for a replacement and go with the flow. Didn't sign up originally as i said i wasn't a fan of the idea of people putting up 2/3 bets and posters voting on which one to put on. It hasn't gone that way at all and it's being played out exactly as i would have hoped

Comment

Was going to say as well as I asked ages ago in a thread could I join, I will take his place if its possible?

Comment

He's tried to log on thousands of times but always misspells due to a nervous condition he has. The more he tries the worse it gets.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                  I'll take his place if you're looking for a replacement and go with the flow. Didn't sign up originally as i said i wasn't a fan of the idea of people putting up 2/3 bets and posters voting on which one to put on. It hasn't gone that way at all and it's being played out exactly as i would have hoped
                                                  Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                  Was going to say as well as I asked ages ago in a thread could I join, I will take his place if its possible?
                                                  Cant replace him without his sayso as he has money invested.

Might leave a few days window before the next round so if anyone wants to leave the syndicate they can sell their share to anyone interested on here before Round 4.

Comment

******BET PLACED*******

Returns €343.51
                                                    bets up miami won by 8 wp

Comment

3 Up, just need Le Bron and Wade to do the business tonight for 343
                                                      Jesus this was tough. Close the whole game, Heat finally went 8 up with 6 mins to go but back to 2 again within a minute. A 7 point run in last 2 mins was enough to put heat up 11 and a last second Jason Kidd 3 brought final score to Heat 92 Mavs 84.

Comment

Jesus this was tough. Close the whole game, Heat finally went 8 up with 6 mins to go but back to 2 again within a minute. A 7 point run in last 2 mins was enough to put heat up 11 and a last second Jason Kidd 3 brought final score to Heat 92 Mavs 84.
                                                        WP Enzo

Comment

It was never in doubt

Comment

Sweet result
                                                            I've got €13 left to play with
                                                            will probably do something on the football tonight
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Might leave a few days window before the next round so if anyone wants to leave the syndicate they can sell their share to anyone interested on here before Round 4.
                                                              Good idea. Was wondering how we'd sort out some people wanting to cash out and others happy to gamble on. If there's enough interest and the profit keeps coming then people selling their % is a good way to work that.

Comment

Comment

Cant replace him without his sayso as he has money invested.

Thread was up and running for a good while before we kicked off, twas only a score a head too. You could have joined then peops! As if it was ever going to be anything but a success.....but come on....jump on the band wagon now!

******BET PLACED*******

Returns €343.51
                                                                  WP Enzo, brilliant stuff.

Buying someone share makes sense to me too btw, just doesn't make sense to sell one!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                    Thread was up and running for a good while before we kicked off, twas only a score a head too. You could have joined then peops! As if it was ever going to be anything but a success.....but come on....jump on the band wagon now!
                                                                    I was 100% hoodwinked

Think a lot of you are overthinking this and trying to complicate something that's meant to be straight forward, a bit of fun and a chance at a few quid.

If you start with 10 players at €20 each, that's a €200 bank. Each week 2 players get to place a bet up to €20 on whatever they want, at whatever odds they want. Maybe have 1 bet placed midweek and 1 bet at the weekend. No bets on any event that lasts more than 4 days.

Any profits are banked and after 5 weeks each person will have punted ~€20. The bank is tallied, and then rinse and repeat for 10% of whatever is left.

No votes, no polls, just follow the guys picks and keep your fingers crossed whether you agree with them or not imo
                                                                    Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    IMO there's not much point in doing a group betting thing if you're not going to leverage the collective knowledge of the group somehow.

Just letting everyone pick any bet they want and fire away is pointless, I'd have more fun picking random bets myself and just backing them on my own.

Having group input into which bets are picked will give us the best chance of picking the best bets, and it would also probably help a lot of people learn more about picking good bets as people explain why they're supporting one pick over another.
                                                                    Say i want to back a Crawley/Leyton Orient double for my bet, shouldn't i be allowed rather than everyone tell me what i know, and that's that Utd and Arsenal should walk both? Or if i want to back some NFL team that eagle eye says haven't a prayer? If it's only a €20 outlay and you can sweat 9 other bets for a share of the profits, just sit back and enjoy it
                                                                    That's just not particularly what I want to do tbh.

What I've said above is what I'd like to get out of this, if everybody else has a different idea that's obv fair enough, but I'm not really interested in the format you've outlined.

Nothing wrong with it, it's just not what I want.
                                                                    Originally posted by corigi View Post
                                                                    Would it not defeat the purpose of been a team betting syndicate?

I mean if we go that way we mite aswell just have a challange 10 us use our money for our own bets and see who has the most after X amount of weeks based on same starting bank.

Winner keeps whatever we agree.€20 each or something.

I think we should all post up reasons for our bets and then atleast 60% of us agree on the bet or close to it?
                                                                    I don't buy this notion that nobody will vote for a bet for a less popular sport.

If somebody suggests a bet and gives a well-reasoned thought process behind why it's good value you'll have no problem getting people to go with it IMO.

This again will help people learn how to pick good bets, which is the potentially the best thing this syndicate could offer.
                                                                    Nah i wasn't referring to any post, just a general view of the last couple of hours. I read it earlier and hadn't put my name down yet becasue i wanted to see what direction it was going. I'm not a fan at all of everyone's picks being scrutinised and needing a majority vote or whatever to place it. Thoought it was just going to be a lotto style stick your €20 in, and you get a share of 9 other bets should they scoop.

I wouldn't care if eagle eye wanted to bet on a 5 team accum from American Football, but if he had to put 2 choices up for us to vote on. One was a 5 team NFL accum and the other was Blackburn to beat Utd, I'd pick Blackburn becasue at least i could watch that with a vested interest kwim?

Comment

My idea was still better.

Comment

I was 100% hoodwinked
                                                                        You'll just have to boycott the WSOP and this now!

Comment

DeadParrott

1 Croatia @ 3/10

2 Germany @ 4/11

3 Sweden @ 1/2

4 Slovenia @ 1/6

5 Dublin @ 1/6

6 Tyrone @ 2/5

7 Kildare @ 4/7

8 Portugal @ 4/11

9 England @ 4/11

10 Lithuania @ 2/5

€13 Accumulator Returns €269.48

******BET PLACED*******

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                              Thanks Dice.

Going to put it on Britain's Got Talent if you don't mind - just going to check out some prediction info...

The little gay chap Ronan will 100% walk it but there's no value in him. As an outside bet, Jai might do it but i don't see any versatility in him. Razi the dancer fella will fail too imo because unless he has a lot more in the locker, i don't think they'll want another dancer winning it. I don't see anything worth punting on tbh unless you all just lump together and put it on Ronan to get a return back

Comment

...

Comment

thinking of bet on 'to qualify on tonight's show'
                                                                                  Headin out in half hour so let me know.

Also Tony, u seem to know far too much about this!

Comment

The little gay chap Ronan will 100% walk it but there's no value in him. As an outside bet, Jai might do it but i don't see any versatility in him. Razi the dancer fella will fail too imo because unless he has a lot more in the locker, i don't think they'll want another dancer winning it. I don't see anything worth punting on tbh unless you all just lump together and put it on Ronan to get a return back
                                                                                    Have lumped a bit on New Bounce today at 7/2.

Have also a small wager on Razi, but tbh the only thing gonna make him win is the sympathy everyone has when he starts balling crying.

Comment

...
                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 01-06-11, 18:04.

Comment

Just sent a pm there. Nothing adventurous. This guy to qualify from tonight's semi-final...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMNKpGNf9Bk
                                                                                        *****BET PLACED******

€63 Returns €101.77

Comment

Thought the circus freaks are a good bet to lay at 50/1 although 365 are a good bit shorter on them. Maybe a little similer to last years winner though.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Headin out in half hour so let me know.

Also Tony, u seem to know far too much about this!
                                                                                            Haven't had any TV for 10 days so been watching Britains Got Talent on TV3 online!

Good bet by Hitch imo. I think the judges would like to have a comedian in the final so will pick him over whoever else is up (providing the ballet dancer goes through automatically)

Comment

*****BET PLACED******

€63 Returns €101.77
                                                                                              He nailed it. wp easy money, Be amazed if you're not counting the money in an hours time

Comment

He nailed it. wp easy money, Be amazed if you're not counting the money in an hours time
                                                                                                @ flushdraw if u and some others wanna do somethig id go for it 2 set up another group of 10 id be in if ur interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                  @ flushdraw if u and some others wanna do somethig id go for it 2 set up another group of 10 id be in if ur interested?
                                                                                                  Could see some of the lads complaining about this, But I would be happy to join it if Mods were cool.

Dont see any harm in having two anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                                    Could see some of the lads complaining about this, But I would be happy to join it if Mods were cool.

Dont see any harm in having two anyway.
                                                                                                    why would they complain i remember b4 this 1 started they said if they got 2 many names they would turn it into 2 groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                      why would they complain i remember b4 this 1 started they said if they got 2 many names they would turn it into 2 groups.
                                                                                                      Bleh.

Im in anyway if we get some runners.

Comment

Why doesn't anyone that wants in just join at the end of the round for however much the syndicate has per person? No need to buy and sell just add people?

Comment

*****BET PLACED******

€63 Returns €101.77
                                                                                                          winnar!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                            Why doesn't anyone that wants in just join at the end of the round for however much the syndicate has per person? No need to buy and sell just add people?
                                                                                                            Think the numbers are good and it would only give dice more work to do..imo

Comment

Will Start Round 4 next week.

I think from Round 4 onwards we'll have to put in a new rule of no carrying forward bets.
                                                                                                              Any unused bets go back into the pool.

Round 4 will run for the month of June.

Currently 3 bets running this weekend so we will be starting Round 4 with anything from €56 to €92 pp.

************************************************** *********************

Unused bets still outstanding from Round 3 -

Keane €13.00
                                                                                                              Tipp86 €48.00
                                                                                                              Twitch €63.00

I dont mind Keane & Tipp carrying forward (Tipp86 is at EMOP in Bulgaria & has used €50 of his bets this month).

I dunno what to do with Twitch.
                                                                                                              He hasnt been on in a month & it means he will have anything from €119 upwards for Round 4, which is a big % of the groups funds to be tied up if they are not going to be used.

Option 1 is to put his outstanding €63 back into the pool & let him start Round 4 with the same as the rest of us.

Option 2 is to let him carry it all forward into this round & see if he's on in June.

What do ye think????

Comment

I'm not part of the group but i'd put his unused bets back into the fund, and then he just gets an equal divided share for Round 4 should he be around

Comment

I'm not part of the group but i'd put his unused bets back into the fund, and then he just gets an equal divided share for Round 4 should he be around
                                                                                                                  this and it should be made a rule starting from round 4 imo, If people can't place a bet over 1 month they are in the wrong thread

As for twitch and the long run as you have said we can't replace him without his say so and I 100% agree with this but we need to have some sort of contingency ie 3-4 months inactivity and someone else can buy them out @ the current value or the rest of the members buy them out for 75% current value .
                                                                                                                  48

Comment

Option 1 for me.

I think we should put a time limit on people being absent. They're getting a free ride if they don't do a bet for a while but the pool we have is increasing. Not exactly fair. Twitch is an example of this but obv it could happen again and again and get very annoying when all we want is a bit of craic. Probably good to bring a deadline in and I'll happily go with whatever you think is best Dice. You've been doing all the work(tyvm btw) so final decisions are prob best left to yourself once they're not off the wall insane ofc.

Comment

I had said in round 1 when i did not use my 20 that it should go back and not be carried forward.

Give a finishing date like a month at a time and , apart from where someone posts there bet on say June 29th for a race on July 2nd, you will have a balance each month.

Comment

Can only be option 1 i reckon, if you dont use the bet it gos back in and you start at the same level as the rest of the group.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X