No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chile playing Ecuador shortly. A draw guarantees them both a place in Brazil. You can get 3/1 on 0-0 and 6/1 on 1-1 with WH. The draw is best priced 10/11!

Comment

Am i missing something in the price of East Stirling today? 10/11 at home to bottom of the table Queens Park. E.Stirling top the table 5 wins 2 defeats from 7 games, Queens Park 1 draw and 6 defeats. Looks like a steamer to me.

I also like QPR 17/20 and L.Orient 19/20 today.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
        Am i missing something in the price of East Stirling today? 10/11 at home to bottom of the table Queens Park. E.Stirling top the table 5 wins 2 defeats from 7 games, Queens Park 1 draw and 6 defeats. Looks like a steamer to me.

I also like QPR 17/20 and L.Orient 19/20 today.
        Strange

Comment

Looks like Stirling have injury problems while Queen's park have some of their best players only back from injury last week.

Opr

Comment

RVP/Lukaku/Giroud/Eto'o - 1st scorer acca. €10 to €3.5k.

Mugs bet - check
            Happy if wins - check.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              RVP/Lukaku/Giroud/Eto'o - 1st scorer acca. €10 to €3.5k.

Mugs bet - check
              Happy if wins - check.
              Mirallas goal after 6 mins.

Dream over for another week - check

Comment

shite, shite and more shite today.

Comment

Just looking at the Top Scorer market in the EPL.

Benteke (hopefully) back from his hip problem and 4 goals to his name. Available generally @20's with 25's on BetVictor. Upcoming fixture list not too bad - Everton(H) West Ham(A) Cardiff(H) West Brom(A) Sunderland(H) Southampton(A) Fulham(A) so could easily see him into single figure odds after that.

Comment

Laying both the English sides tonight, as well as a cheeky Dortmund Schalke double at about 10/1. Deutschland über alles
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Backing Chelsea tonight,i don't think schalke are that strong and the german league without the top 2 is not that strong either. Huntelar and farfan are out for schalke and I think Chelsea are hitting a bit of form of late with Mourinho getting close to his best 11.Doubled up with Peterborough for the loot.
                      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                        Backing Chelsea tonight,i don't think schalke are that strong and the german league without the top 2 is not that strong either. Huntelar and farfan are out for schalke and I think Chelsea are hitting a bit of form of late with Mourinho getting close to his best 11.Doubled up with Peterborough for the loot.
                        Wrong.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Laying both the English sides tonight, as well as a cheeky Dortmund Schalke double at about 10/1. Deutschland über alles
                          Big bet on Dortmund myself, can't decided on Schalke, they havent been playing great, Farfans a big loss. might do them for small bet

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                            Big bet on Dortmund myself
                            What is your thinking there? Have been watching a lot of Arsenal recently and they have been scintillating.

Comment

If all you gimps are backing ze Germans I'm getting behind our teams over on the mainland.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                What is your thinking there? Have been watching a lot of Arsenal recently and they have been scintillating.
                                Made look far better due to the ease of their fixtures. They've actually been conceeding plenty of chances this season, more than most but have run into a lot of mishooting out of form strikers. Dortmund have the ability and clinicalness to tare them asunder if they allow them similar space. This away game may suit them better too due to their style.
                                Last edited by The Situation; 22-10-13, 18:33.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Chelsea and Madrid is the main bet for me tonight @ 2/1.

Also Chelsea & Napoli and the mug Ajax/Nap/Barca/Dortmund
                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

On the first goalscorers myself.

Schurrle, Messi, Stokes, Ozil, Hulk and Villa

Not the best start...
                                    Last edited by Jibzzzz; 22-10-13, 19:10.

Comment

Wrong.
                                      So how would u compare bundesliga without top two to let's say premiership and la liga.
                                      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Big bet on Dortmund myself
                                        Congrats

Comment

Leverkusen came 1 point behind BvB last year for example

The standard of the German teams on average is higher than the prem.

Home advantage, by default the English teams get overhyped.

It seems Chelsea dispatched of them easily tonight, but can understand the thinking behind this bet.
                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            It's just the ratings I have, I really like Arsenal, bet them -1.5 vs Norwich last weekend and thought played really well tongiht again. But I have Dortmund one of the top teams, and just about favourites on the draw no bet market here. Dortmund got backed in today so happy enough with where I am on it even though Arsenal were a little better than I thought especially after Santi came on.

There's a huge gap from Dortmund to Leverkusen and then another drop off to Schalke in standard, Schalke would probably be small bit worse than Everton at the moment with their injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

Leverkusen came 1 point behind BvB last year for example
                                              Had to check if this was right! League tables are stupid sometimes

Comment

Had to check if this was right! League tables are stupid sometimes
                                                if we were being honest, I didnt quote it from memory either!! ha
                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Leverkusen would be top 4 in the England this season imo, especially considering the instability of the bigger sides in Prem so far. Didn't give the best of themselves against United but that group is very much up for grabs, think they're wildly under rated in the outright.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Ye Leverkusen would be in the mix for 4th alright, had big bet on them vs United and probably will again despite them being so bad that night. Dortmund big value at evens vs Schalke next weekend for those who have a ladbrokes acc.

Comment

mick mccarty is going to be irish manager 1/2 in bookies scot will pull out by monday coming
                                                      contact for inside pos/

Comment

Originally posted by eurovegas View Post
                                                        mick mccarty is going to be irish manager 1/2 in bookies scot will pull out by monday coming
                                                        contact for inside pos
                                                        /
                                                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Augero anytime decent price 6/4
                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

he coulda had 4 already, should get another, if he's left on long (whipped in the 65th min id guess)
                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Anyone who can get on with 365, FGS market on Munich v Plzen game looks a smashing each-way heat.
                                                              They best price Mandzukic 11/4, Muller 4s, Pizarro 9/2, Robben 11/2, Gotze 6s & Ribery 13/2 but the best part is they pay 1/3 odds the e/w for up to 98 goals.
                                                              Bayern -3 is about a 7/4 shot so obviously scorelines like 6-0, 7-0, 8-0 potentially in play.
                                                              I've backed them all anyway.
                                                              Pizarro & Gotze doubtful starters, but bets voided if they don't play.
                                                              Last edited by kpnuts; 23-10-13, 17:30.

Comment

Plzen are better than a lot of people think imo. Obviously nowhere near Bayern's standard but still a solid enough side. I don't think they will be thumped like people are expecting.
                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                  Plzen are better than a lot of people think imo. Obviously nowhere near Bayern's standard but still a solid enough side. I don't think they will be thumped like people are expecting.
                                                                  Not saying I expect thumping, but Bayern obviously capable of it.

Comment

I like two away bets tonight. Shaktar are great at soaking up pressure and are really dangerous on the counter, its what they did against Sociedad.

I'm waiting for the lineups in the United game to see who is playing at right full for United. I fancy Griezmann to have a really good night if there is a weaker player in that position for United. Sociedad can get caught out on the counter and its why they have not had a good season to date but in this game they will play a lot deeper I think which is how they have played against the bigger teams in Spain when away from home.
                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Anytime Giggs starts these days its worth punting the opposition. No RVP also

#MUFC: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra; Carrick, Giggs; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; Hernández
                                                                      subs: Lindegaard, Büttner, Smalling, Fellaini, Nani, Young, Januzaj

Sociedad 5/1 yes please

Comment

One of the many negative facets of Uniteds play this season which you can most certainly attribute to Moyes' style is their indiscipline. They're clear top on worst discipline with 2.38 cards per game, compare this to last seasons average of 1.5 pg it's a fairly dramatic increase.

In contrast Sociedad have the second best discipline after Barca with 1.44 cpg in la liga, considering how card happy la liga refs are that is a very low average. Also had the 2nd best discipline last season so consistently a very clean team.

You won't find markets more out of whack in the CL tonight than the booking ones for this match, I'm on United most bookings at 9/5.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          Anytime Giggs starts these days its worth punting the opposition. No RVP also

#MUFC: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra; Carrick, Giggs; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; Hernández
                                                                          subs: Lindegaard, Büttner, Smalling, Fellaini, Nani, Young, Januzaj

Sociedad 5/1 yes please
                                                                          I got them at 6s just after teams were announced.

Comment

Gonna try First goal again tonight - Rooney, ibra, Sidney Sam, Ronaldo, robben

Comment

Hernandez anytime 2s and first at 13/2 for interest.

Comment

Giggs...so slow...please retire.

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                  Anyone who can get on with 365, FGS market on Munich v Plzen game looks a smashing each-way heat.
                                                                                  They best price Mandzukic 11/4, Muller 4s, Pizarro 9/2, Robben 11/2, Gotze 6s & Ribery 13/2 but the best part is they pay 1/3 odds the e/w for up to 98 goals.
                                                                                  Bayern -3 is about a 7/4 shot so obviously scorelines like 6-0, 7-0, 8-0 potentially in play.
                                                                                  I've backed them all anyway.
                                                                                  Pizarro & Gotze doubtful starters, but bets voided if they don't play.
                                                                                  GIN!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                    Gonna try First goal again tonight - Rooney, ibra, Sidney Sam, Ronaldo, robben
                                                                                    Ibra and Ronaldo do the job and double bubble. Ibra is some man

Comment

Got a nice little sweat on Olympiakos. Took a little of Benfica/Draw to ease to pain if it goes tits up

Comment

I'm having a bad night, my only hope is Benfica come back and win it to give me a small accum. Got them with Galatasary, Real Madrid and PSG.

Comment

Benfica level after a ridic decision to give a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                            Benfica level after a ridic decision to give a corner.
                                                                                            Such a terrible decision. All the kids Santa's presents just been whipped out of my hand

Comment

Ugh waiting on over 3.5 cards in the bay earn match...Plzen lads diving in all over the shop for last twenty minutes and ref couldn't book one of them with 3 yellows shown.

Comment

bayerns dominance
                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Got 11/2 on Man U, Man C, Real and PSG.

Comment

Carlisle 8/5 at home to bottom of the table Bristol City who are without a win in 10 interest me today.

Derby 8/11 seem to have turned a corner under Mclaren and Birmingham have been woeful of late losing their last 4 aways and being thumped 4-0 by Leeds.

Wycombe 21/20 at home to Bury. Bury have lost their last 5 aways and Wycombe have won 3 and drawn 1 of their 5 home games.

Probably just do the straight treble today and a single on Carlisle.

Comment

Surely Ozil is going to have a good day today?

2/1 anytime assist with Boyles and 5/2 Ozil to score/Arsenal win with SJ seem like standout bets

Comment

Like the anytime assist, also on Arsenal/Soton double at 5/4.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Surely Ozil is going to have a good day today?

2/1 anytime assist with Boyles and 5/2 Ozil to score/Arsenal win with SJ seem like standout bets
                                                                                                          To many people relying on him as FF captain, bound to turn an ankle after 3 mins

Comment

Brual day ffs

Comment

just saw the odds for the Ballon d'Or, Ribery is favourite at evens.

Surely Messi (7/4) and Ronaldo (12/1 in some places) have to be worth a punt? Like I don't think anyone actually thinks Ribery is better than Messi or Ronaldo do they?

The only logical reason to vote for Ribery is 'for a change' and the fact he won more team trophies than Messi. Are the voters likely to follow this logic or vote for the best player?
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

having already won the other player of the year award (ribery) i wonder how often does 1 player not win both (too lazy to google)

If this looks any way favourable for you, then just take messi
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

I don't think I'd like to live in a world where Frank Ribery is the worlds best footballer

Comment

If there wasn't so many other Bayern lads on the shortlist I could prob accept Ribery as fav but surely Schwein and to a lesser extent Robben will take some of his votes away.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

If there wasn't so many other Bayern lads on the shortlist I could prob accept Ribery as fav but surely Schwein and to a lesser extent Robben will take some of his votes away.
                                                                                                                      yeah that's a good point. Neuer at 80/1 did cross my mind also, but that's probably looking at it through Neuer-love-tinted goggles.

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                      having already won the other player of the year award (ribery) i wonder how often does 1 player not win both (too lazy to google)

If this looks any way favourable for you, then just take messi
                                                                                                                      I remember before when the Ballon d'Or (aka European player of the year) and FIFA world player of the year were different that there were a few years there'd be different winners.

Last years votes: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...or-who/page/11
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Man City to win and BTTS tonight 12/5.

Comment

The both team to score and match result markets were made for tonight's games.

Man City and Spurs just over 10/1 double

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X