Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
    Arsenal's fans constant derision of Giroud shows you generally how clueless they are.
    I know,

He's gorgeous.

Comment

Bit of value in French League 2 tonight IMO

Angers away to Laval @ 13/10 on BetVictor

There's been 5 games played in the league, and Laval have lost all 5 (6 total if you include their cup defeat). Angers on the other hand, have won 4 and drew 1 of their first 5 league games. As far as H2H stats go, Laval have yet to beat Angers in 9 meetings and have lost their last 3 so think the 13/10 is too big.

Tours home to Istres @ 4/5 in lots of places also looks decent.

Tours started off with a loss and a defeat, but have won their last 3 games (4 if you include the cup). Istres have drawn their last 3 and yet to win this season. If you stretch back to last season, they haven't won in their last 11 matches, and won just 3 times in their last 30 matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Pretty excited about tomorrow. Watched a few videos over the last couple of weeks and he makes some of the stuff he does look so effortless. His range of passing and his vision looks incredible and he's so unselfish infront of goal. The glaring difference though between Arsenal and Madrid, is that Giroud is no Ronaldo, so Ozil can create chance after chance, but we still need a world class striker up front to get the full benefit of him. I'll cut off my left bollock if Wenger hasn't already put the wheels in motion to bring in somebody special in the January window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSGnDooQ3sc
        Don't think I've seen anything like the cross for the first goal in the compilation.
        To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Mooching around all morning looking for a bit of info/value and came across this on another site:

Tranmere to score over 1.5 goals at home to Brentford - 11/4 Coral

I know Tranmere are struggling and Brentford aren't half bad, but this punt revolves around this bit of info:

"Brentford goalkeeper David Button starts a three-game ban so Jack Bonham is set to deputise as Richard Lee recovers from a shoulder problem."

Nobody knows Jack Bonham but he was the lad who kept goal for Watford on the final day last season and let in a howler to deny them promotion. He was released by them and snapped up by Brentford, presumably as third choice and eventually to replace 60yo Richard Lee as back up.

Bonham came on against Bradford after the red card last week at 0-0 and let in four goals. Three of them were his fault. The defence have no confidence in him and he seems to have yet master the art of diving. Have a look on the BBC Sport if you can.

A one off? Or a two off if you count Watford? Not quite. He also played in goal for Brentford in the Carling Cup v Derby and let five past him.
          I didnt have a Coral account until now so took advantage of the free £50 matched bet Also had a small go on over 2.5 goals at 11/1 just in case . Cant find this market on PP but the same bet is 12/5 with Boylesports.

Comment

Treble today 3 homes. Spurs4/9 forest4/7. Leyton orient 4/6
            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Any value to be had in Di Canio being the first manager sacked this season @ 3/1 with Ladbrokes? He's as low as 6/4 in places.

Was looking at their fixture list and their next 7 home games are Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Man City, Chelsea and Spurs. I don't think the fans have warmed to him this season and he's very outspoken about players and bringing some negativity on the club. Can't see the 3/1 getting any longer, and i can't see them picking up too many points at home any time soon, so it's up to them to look for scraps away whenever all his new signings manage to gel.

Comment

Found a fiver on the ground put it on this
                Villa
                Chelsea
                Arsenal
                Spurs
                Sheff wed
                Watford
                Chesterfield
                Inverness
                Motherwell
                Returns €1234.51

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                  Mooching around all morning looking for a bit of info/value and came across this on another site:

I didnt have a Coral account until now so took advantage of the free £50 matched bet Also had a small go on over 2.5 goals at 11/1 just in case . Cant find this market on PP but the same bet is 12/5 with Boylesports.
                  Lee starts, Bonham not even on bench

Comment

my only bet of the day is Celtic - Man United - Man City - Blackpool - Leeds - MK Dons - Wolves accum for the pennies left in one of the accounts. A good sweat ahead
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                      Found a fiver on the ground put it on this
                      Ht
                      Villa 0-1
                      Chelsea
                      Arsenal 1-0
                      Spurs 1-0
                      Sheff wed1-0
                      Watford 0-0
                      Chesterfield 1-0
                      Inverness 1-0
                      Motherwell 1-0
                      Returns €1234.51
                      Bit of a sweat

Comment

Gwan the just in case!
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

G'won the get out of jail free and do collect £200 card

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                            my only bet of the day is Celtic - Man United - Man City - Blackpool - Leeds - MK Dons - Wolves accum for the pennies left in one of the accounts. A good sweat ahead
                            All winners except for Manchester city.... countless accumulators lost because of them. I shall never ever add them again
                            Only lost like €2 but it feels more like €180 lost :'(
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                              Treble today 3 homes. Spurs4/9 forest4/7. Leyton orient 4/6
                              Alas some weeks it just seems so easy, and then the next week it makes u look like u don't know if its pumped or stuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                G'won the get out of jail free and do collect £200 card
                                Just home to see this I take that anyway!!!

Comment

Just home to see this I take that anyway!!!
                                  For the hell of it I did the same bet as you
                                  New account; £50 on 2 goals and £10 on 3

+the free bet

Now to mug it off in typical fashion
                                  Last edited by Guest; 15-09-13, 03:52.

Comment

Have a €25 free bet on one of the sites and throwing that on Reading+Monchengladbach double

have a few other accums but all have those 2 in them so if they both win I'm on a freeroll for a nice sum - will be a nice profitable Sunday ahead for me imo
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

On the Swans -1 at 15/2 tonight. Think there's extra value opposing Pool in the handicap given the nature of how they tend to drop their heads when behind, showed a distinct lack of fight or know how to turn a deficit around last season, 6 from 9 defeats in the league last year were by greater than a goal, West Brom -1 at Anfield was 20/1+ so doesn't take many of these to click a season to make it a profitable system.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Think your reasoning is sound but this is a different Liverpool team to last year and much improved, they have ground out wins this season and with Swansea facing a difficult trip to Valencia on Thursday I would be cautious of the hc market. Sound be a good game and a nice return if it does come in .

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
                                          Think your reasoning is sound but this is a different Liverpool team to last year and much improved, they have ground out wins this season and with Swansea facing a difficult trip to Valencia on Thursday I would be cautious of the hc market. Sound be a good game and a nice return if it does come in .
                                          Have to agree it is a much improved Liverpool side from last year but Swansea really hard place to go, I am going to have the draw at 23/10.

Comment

Think they've improved but not by a great deal imo, could be wrong but they've been extremely reliable in their inconsistency in recent years and can't see a dramatic change this season.

For tonight Swansea have a full squad to pick from, expect good things from Bony now he's close to match fitness, Canas was a good signing too and added some needed grit to their cm. They didn't lose any important players either so they themselves should be stronger. Sounds a bit silly considering final score but thought that were the better team up until United's quickfire double first game of the season, and scoreline definitely flattered United.

Liverpool without Johnson tonight, surely Sturridge can't be 100% if he didn't make either of England's games, so if he isn't at full sharpness and without Luis there isn't too many others that you could rely on to chip in with the goals.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                              Think they've improved but not by a great deal imo, could be wrong but they've been extremely reliable in their inconsistency in recent years and can't see a dramatic change this season.

For tonight Swansea have a full squad to pick from, expect good things from Bony now he's close to match fitness, Canas was a good signing too and added some needed grit to their cm. They didn't lose any important players either so they themselves should be stronger. Sounds a bit silly considering final score but thought that were the better team up until United's quickfire double first game of the season, and scoreline definitely flattered United.

Liverpool without Johnson tonight, surely Sturridge can't be 100% if he didn't make either of England's games, so if he isn't at full sharpness and without Luis there isn't too many others that you could rely on to chip in with the goals.
                                              Yeah was impressed With bony very strong and will defo make chances for michu and looks to have a good brain.Swansea look a serious outfit at home even more so than last year and look as if they Could pass u to death and probably could have nicked that game lastnight.Obviously united caught them cold on first day of season,as a united fan glad to have that one out of the way.

Comment

Thinking of doing man U,man city and real scocidad treable around 7/1 any thoughts?
                                                https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                  Thinking of doing man U,man city and real scocidad treable around 7/1 any thoughts?
                                                  Personally speaking I wouldn't go near City away in Europe, especially at odds on. ManU 5/6 at home to Leverkusen looks good imo

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                    You just put me off it! :-)

Comment

Powers in shop special city/united 5/2. City should win but I just can't back them after last years episode.
                                                      Treble tonight:united 4/5 benfica 4/9 leyton orient 4/6.

Comment

I know Milan have started a little shakey, but are they still worth a punt at -1 good value v Celtic tonight @ 6/4, or better still just back Milan 2-0 @ 13/2?

Are Zenit really as big a dog as 8/1 away to Atletico?

Pretty sure Marseille are going to go all guns blazing to beat Arsenal tonight in a game they'll really want to win for their Sporting Director who's son was shot 19 times last week in a gangland killing!

Who's betting what tonight?

Comment

Yeah had a read about that Marseille shooting today shocking stuff alright, I backed an Arsenal QPR double I think Arsenal still should have to much for Marseille.On a bit of heater this last week so maybe this will be the one to end it.

Comment

Im really liking the 13/10 anytime about Super Mario tonight, Celtic defence very suspect in their last Euro away game. Gonna wait to see the Chelsea line-up and decide between Lampard 13/10 and Eto'o 11/10 for the double. Deffo having a single on Ballotelli though.

Comment

Went to the Powers shop and Mario was 10/11 needless to say I backed it anyway and Eto'o also.

Comment

Treble today Watford 11/10 qpr4/5 lolerpool 1/2. it happens every year lolerpool hot favourites at home let me fuckin down. Today is the day I say it I will not be backin them for the rest of the season that is all.

Comment

my last tip here northern ireland beat russia but then lost to luxembourg

so having looked at tomorrows shit im going for a bigger accum.

wincast Arsenal and Walcott . ( he is going to get a few chances should take one in the win)
                                                                  cardiff draw ( no pushovers at home put spuds will happy take a point. be worried they could win so +1 maybe safer)
                                                                  wincast man utd and rvp ( he will score take him anytime if your not brave enough but city got no mojo this year and wayne will be a thorn)

since its gaa final weekend id throw in dublin to do it too at -1 ( not a dub)

Now would could do worse than throw the price of a burger on that

Dont forget 1-0 to the 0-zil will be hit for profit. patience only 3rd game now

Comment

City win both to score 16/5 for my interest

Comment

Zing!!!

Comment

Any value to be had in Di Canio being the first manager sacked this season @ 3/1 with Ladbrokes? He's as low as 6/4 in places.

Was looking at their fixture list and their next 7 home games are Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Man City, Chelsea and Spurs. I don't think the fans have warmed to him this season and he's very outspoken about players and bringing some negativity on the club. Can't see the 3/1 getting any longer, and i can't see them picking up too many points at home any time soon, so it's up to them to look for scraps away whenever all his new signings manage to gel.
                                                                        I know Milan have started a little shakey, but are they still worth a punt at -1 good value v Celtic tonight @ 6/4, or better still just back Milan 2-0 @ 13/2?
                                                                        Sigh, post both of these in the last week or so and then don't either. FML

Comment

Anyone with a Bwin account id advise you to take advantage of the Higuain wincast tonight at a very generous 2/1 (PP 4/7)

All aboard, sorry for short notice.

Comment

Few quid on Hernandez for first scorer @ 13/2 on PP with money back if Suarez manages it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              Few quid on Hernandez for first scorer @ 13/2 on PP with money back if Suarez manages it.
                                                                              Nice work!
                                                                              Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Anyone with a Bwin account id advise you to take advantage of the Higuain wincast tonight at a very generous 2/1 (PP 4/7)

All aboard, sorry for short notice.
                                                                                Cant believe that result

Comment

Torres starting up front & 9/1 for FGS with PP and money back if its a draw

Edit - cmon the draw so!
                                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 28-09-13, 12:05.

Comment

On United to score over 2.5 goals 6/5, and Kagawa to score anytime at 5/2.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

On United to score over 2.5 goals 6/5, and Kagawa to score anytime at 5/2.
                                                                                      nice edit, thought you had lost the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                        nice edit, thought you had lost the plot.
                                                                                        Ha forgot RVP was out but Nani and Kagawa should easily be regular starters.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Ha forgot RVP was out but Nani and Kagawa should easily be regular starters.
                                                                                          Agree there, but Anderson shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Not sure if Buttner can defend either.

Comment

Couple of mug bets,

City fulham west ham and Southampton accum,

Plus Lambert rooney bent dzeko anytime accum. Keep me interested for afternoon hopefully
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                              Couple of mug bets,

City fulham west ham and Southampton accum,

Plus Lambert rooney bent dzeko anytime accum. Keep me interested for afternoon hopefully
                                                                                              Wouldn't be a big fan of west ham away, hull have played very good all season
                                                                                              even in their loss to city,

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                Wouldn't be a big fan of west ham away, hull have played very good all season
                                                                                                even in their loss to city,
                                                                                                Had a hammers fan in my ear, he sold it to me. Tried to sell me ravel Morrison too!
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Darren bent,your up front, on your own, at home, against cardiff, get a goal mate
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Lazio, Liverpool and Monaco for me today.

Comment

Stoke Liverppol double for a bit.
                                                                                                      Saurez first goal.
                                                                                                      And a mug bet on Saurez hatrick.

Comment

Lazio in running at 10/11

Comment

2-0 up and draw 2-2

Comment

I really am the worst in the world when it comes to betting sometimes. Besiktas have won their first 4 games of the season, scoring 11 times. They are away to MP Antalyaspor who are bottom of the league and yet to win in 5 games. Besiktas @ 11/10 looked tasty but after 60 mins, they're 2-0 down. Need an almighty comeback!

Comment

Im on them also FD lol.

Comment

Get the money back on Aberdeen

Comment

Car crash

Comment

RVP @11/2 on PP for FGS, only 4's on Boyles (bit skimpy)

Comment

Bayer Leverkusen left it late but got my accum up 2/2 this week, just waiting to go on a nice long losing streak now.

Comment

Any reason not to have PPs enhanced michu/Swansea wincast?
                                                                                                                        2.5
                                                                                                                        Is he playing does anyone know?
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                          Any reason not to have PPs enhanced michu/Swansea wincast?
                                                                                                                          2.5
                                                                                                                          Is he playing does anyone know?
                                                                                                                          He starts anyway

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X