No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like paddies 3/1 on villa with bent anytime. Wouldn't back stoke or Everton. I'd include both in the weekly draw treble for small monies

Comment

Personally I don't like villa at home. After Norwich beating arsenal last week I think they'll be on a high and stick it to villa

I think Norwich are better value at 14/5 but I still wouldn't back them at that price

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
        Pretty sure 7/5 to 17/10 is 3/10's of a move. I was only posting as I expected them to go close to evens and was wondering if anyone on here who follows the championship could give me their opinion if the bet is value, not so much about how many tenths it has drifted

I know dougie freedman has left palace to take over but wanted to know more. Have backed them for big enough bucks now anyway as theyre only going in and can lay if I lose confidence. Come on da Boro!
        Fairy !!!!
        You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Anyone know what the Ladbrokes special on the united chelsea match is? On the phone and can't get the website to cooperate

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            Anyone know what the Ladbrokes special on the united chelsea match is? On the phone and can't get the website to cooperate
            money back if man utd win the game great offer (utd supporter )

selected markets

Comment

Originally posted by iri$hkelt View Post
              money back if man utd win the game great offer (utd supporter )

selected markets
              thought that's what it was alright, super offer. Presume its up to 50? Ant idea what markets?

Comment

Newcastle available at 6/1 vs the pool this weekend, bitta value imo, will know more when teams are out, Liverpool play many regulars during midweek?
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                  Newcastle available at 6/1 vs the pool this weekend, bitta value imo, will know more when teams are out, Liverpool play many regulars during midweek?
                  No, it was a second string that started the game during the week. Joe Cole also played as the forward mid which was a disaster in terms of matching up to them tactically and we got completely overrun in midfield. Sterling, Gerrard and Suarez all came on in the second half.

Main positive if you're backing Newcastle from during the week was Allen put in another huge shift only a couple of days after being run ragged by Fellaini in the derby so I can see him being fairly tired tomorrow and will have to play as he's the only player we have in the squad who can play that DF role.

I posted in the BBV before the game in midweek I was backing Swansea but actually fancy us against Newcastle. (Not enough though to be backing us at current prices )

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    No, it was a second string that started the game during the week. Joe Cole also played as the forward mid which was a disaster in terms of matching up to them tactically and we got completely overrun in midfield. Sterling, Gerrard and Suarez all came on in the second half.

Main positive if you're backing Newcastle from during the week was Allen put in another huge shift only a couple of days after being run ragged by Fellaini in the derby so I can see him being fairly tired tomorrow and will have to play as he's the only player we have in the squad who can play that DF role.

I posted in the BBV before the game in midweek I was backing Swansea but actually fancy us against Newcastle. (Not enough though to be backing us at current prices )

Opr
                    Thanks OPR, great insight.

I thought Chelsea got the worst end of the Benayoun/Cole swap, I was wrong!
                    Newcastle may be a little light in defense atm but if any of Ba, Cissé, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Colocini have a good game it will be close.
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ba is an injury doubt I think.

Comment

Anyone else think Middlesbrough are massive value @ 5/6 home to Sheff Wed tonight?

Boro drew 0-0 away to Forest last time out, but before that they'd won their last 6 games (incl away to Sunderland in the cup) to go 1 point behind Palace at the top of the league. They've only lost once at home this season

Sheff Wed just 1 win in 7 away from home and have lost 9 of their last 13 to sit 2 points above relegation. They have won 2 of their last 3, but those wins were against 2 teams in the bottom 3

Comment

Fully agree Tony, boro and palace are the in form teams in that division at the moment will defo have a snaffle at that 5/6. Wednesday have been all over the place this season.
                          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Anyone else think Middlesbrough are massive value @ 5/6 home to Sheff Wed tonight?

Boro drew 0-0 away to Forest last time out, but before that they'd won their last 6 games (incl away to Sunderland in the cup) to go 1 point behind Palace at the top of the league. They've only lost once at home this season

Sheff Wed just 1 win in 7 away from home and have lost 9 of their last 13 to sit 2 points above relegation. They have won 2 of their last 3, but those wins were against 2 teams in the bottom 3
                            Thought I was the only one thinking this . Had em in 2 doubles both of which came up . Treble for tomorrow . Stoke v QPR Under 2.5 goals. Cardiff v Hull both teams to score. Everton to win.

Everton are solid at home this season and have too much in midfield for sunderland who are woeful in front of goal with just 2 goals in their last 6 games
                            Hull are in form and have scored in 4 out of last 5 away games winning 3 of them, while cardiff have been very good at home and have won the last 5 home games scoring a total of 13 goals.

Cant see QPR scoring here and also hard to see stoke scoring 3 either. Stokes last 8 home league games have come in at under 2.5

3.25/1 on PP .

Comment

Anyone else think Everton at 1.5 looks very short?

Comment

Sporting Lisbon B home to Naval @ 4/6 (Bet365) again looks massive value

Sporting have won their last 5 games, and are 10 wins and 1 draw from their last 11. They're 3 points clear at the top with 10 wins from 12, but only scored 24 goals and they're the top scorers in this league. Home record is 5 wins and 1 draw.

Naval have 3 wins from 12 games and have yet to win on the road in 6 outings. They're unbeaten in 3 games to climb out of the relegation area but this looks too good a price on the home team. Won't be many goals so a home win and under 2.5 goals looks a good bet.

Comment

Sporting Lisbon B home to Naval @ 4/6 (Bet365) again looks massive value

Sporting have won their last 5 games, and are 10 wins and 1 draw from their last 11. They're 3 points clear at the top with 10 wins from 12, but only scored 24 goals and they're the top scorers in this league. Home record is 5 wins and 1 draw.

Naval have 3 wins from 12 games and have yet to win on the road in 6 outings. They're unbeaten in 3 games to climb out of the relegation area but this looks too good a price on the home team. Won't be many goals so a home win and under 2.5 goals looks a good bet.
                                  ...could i ask where do you get your info on these matches...what site do you use for stats like that, or do you know it yourself?...also, great call on the boro, helped my weekend bets...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                    ...could i ask where do you get your info on these matches...what site do you use for stats like that, or do you know it yourself?...also, great call on the boro, helped my weekend bets...
                                    There's tons of sites out there that have tips and are full of stats. I have the below ones bookmarked and if i see a tip i fancy i'll just root around through the sites and see if there's any agreement and find the best odds. I don't know much about any of the lower league/lesser european teams so not always sure if they have players missing or why a bet might look juicy so will try and find out first. I've tried a couple of times to keep a log and bet on football, but i always bet on other sports/x-factor etc so not disciplined to keep it solely for these type of bets. I also tend to let Arsenal cloud some of my judgement for bets (as in i thought they'd win -1 today. They went 2-0 up and now 2-2). It would just be burning money keeping a small roll on one site and using their odds but i might try it as an experiment for small monies and see if i can build it up.

Free football predictions web site. ProSoccer.GR gives free tips since 2002.

SoccerVista provides soccer predictions, statistics and results for free since 1999. Get your daily football predictions now.

Vitibet.com provides free betting tips for many sports and many leagues all around the world. You can find here free betting tips, predictions for football, baseball, basketball, handball and ice-hockey. Soccer betting tips, sports betting tips.

Comment

Southampton @10/3 at weekend any value?
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Southampton @10/3 at weekend any value?

I would have thought thats a match to stay clear of no ? Long price on Saints but look at their form of late. Do you really trust them to win on the road even against fellow strugglers? The draw in that match actually makes some appeal to me, available at 17/6 from Pinnacle

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                          I would have thought thats a match to stay clear of no ? Long price on Saints but look at their form of late. Do you really trust them to win on the road even against fellow strugglers? The draw in that match actually makes some appeal to me, available at 17/6 from Pinnacle
                                          I agree! Was looking and thought, should leave this. But I love Southampton and hate qpr so was hoping someone said yeah great value so I'd have permission. For a dodgy squeaky bumtime bet. Stoll might do it
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Columbia 3/1 draw no bet is def a bet in their game against Brazil on neutral venue. Hoping Falcao is in beast mode.

Live on ESPN at half passed if anyones interested, both lining up strong!
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

1-1, happy I went draw no bet now.

Serious quality on show though, played at a pretty sick intensity. Colombia building themseves a really decent team for the World Cup, will not be easy to beat.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

West Ham 21/20 at home to Stoke, that's got to be too nice to Stoke no?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  1-1, happy I went draw no bet now.

Serious quality on show though, played at a pretty sick intensity. Colombia building themseves a really decent team for the World Cup, will not be easy to beat.
                                                  they ranked 8th in world and are the Belguim of the Americas imo . and if they dont do shit, someone gonna die. pressure !!!

Comment

treble of the weekend . after last weeks success.

Gillingham vs Morceombe. Can see a home win here based on stats and what ive seen their last 2 games,more than capable of beating this ordinary (for this league) morcambe side.

Notts forest v Shefffield Weds. dont rate Sheffield Weds at all really,and their poor record lately as well being a team in decline realypush me towards a forest win, to be safe im going with a forest draw no bet.

Final selection is Leicester to win at home v Ipswich. Leicesters home record has been brilliant until a couple of weeks ago when they lost one but i think theyhave more than enough to over come a weak ipswich side who despite having the motivation of having a new manager will secomb to the better side on this occasion..

2.4/1 not dream maker odds by any means but any bet that makes a profit will do me !!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                      West Ham 21/20 at home to Stoke, that's got to be too nice to Stoke no?
                                                      Best bet in this game is Under 2.5 imo . 4/6 with PP . a good team player in a solid accumulator this weekend !! MAYBE !!

Comment

Man U and Frankfurt double for me along with a small treble of Spurs +1.5, Villa +2,2.5 and Wigan +1.5,2

Comment

Originally posted by Blatter
                                                          Eden Hazard apparently playing as a false number 9 tonight. Maybe a bit of value on him as anytime goalscorer, currently best priced at 5.46 after comm. on BF.

He's 13.0 to score first with PP, Bwin and Coral.
                                                          Taken from the other place. Good odds if he does start up front.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
                                                            treble of the weekend . after last weeks success.

Gillingham vs Morceombe. Can see a home win here based on stats and what ive seen their last 2 games,more than capable of beating this ordinary (for this league) morcambe side.

Notts forest v Shefffield Weds. dont rate Sheffield Weds at all really,and their poor record lately as well being a team in decline realypush me towards a forest win, to be safe im going with a forest draw no bet.

Final selection is Leicester to win at home v Ipswich. Leicesters home record has been brilliant until a couple of weeks ago when they lost one but i think theyhave more than enough to over come a weak ipswich side who despite having the motivation of having a new manager will secomb to the better side on this occasion..

2.4/1 not dream maker odds by any means but any bet that makes a profit will do me !!
                                                            nice pick!

Comment

Lets try make it 3/3 on here . Tonights treble is Arsenal -1 at 1/1, Ajax +2 at 3/10, and both teams to score in the the Man City game at 4/9

Arsenal are defensively frail this season but are more than capable of scoring, I dont generally bet on them as they are so inconsisant but i cant see past them tonight against a very low scoring Montpellier team who are currently 14th in French league who have no chance of qualifing conceding an average of 3 goals per game in so far in CL. Wenger will want to qualify tonight with a game to spare and i expect a 3-0 or 3-1 win.

Ajax were impressive vs city and while they dont have that much quality are very well organised, and have been scoring a considerable amout of goals domestically. Borussia are solid at home but have a fairly bad record away in the CL. Yet to win an away game either this year or last year, some have been top teams but some have been not so good! Ajax can still technically qualify and i expect them to compete. maybe a tad safe with the minus 2 but im in it for the +

Not much to say about the man city game only both teams have bags of goals in them and every one of both teams CL games this year ticked the yes box beside the both teams to score stat !!.

2.7/1 treble. bigger odds treble suggestion, Ajax + 1 instead of 2 brings it up to 4.5/1

Comment

Spurs 7/5 at home to Liverpool? Yes please!

Triple S home treble also of Spurs, Soton and Stoke 9/1 for some mugs fun

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                  Spurs 7/5 at home to Liverpool? Yes please!

Triple S home treble also of Spurs, Soton and Stoke 9/1 for some mugs fun
                                                                  Thanks very much Liverpool punters.

Close on the treble as well

Comment

From boards gambling thread -

Glentoran v Ballinamallard
                                                                    Ballinamallard 11/4

Glentoran player Colin Nixon has said that the squad was left with "no option" but to boycott training after not being paid wages for eight weeks.

The Glens squad, apparently with the support of the management, did not train on Tuesday evening.

This policy will continue until the players get firm indications that they are to receive their wages.

"Some players are struggling to get to training money wise. We had to make some sort of stand," said Nixon.

Glentoran have been embroiled in financial difficulties for a number of years and there have been previous instances when wages were not paid on time.

However, with the latest wage crisis dragging on for two months, Nixon said that the squad could not stand idly by.

Continue reading the main story
                                                                    “In my heart of hearts, I would envisage all players being paid before Christmas and the club hopefully getting back on its feet”

Glentoran player Colin Nixon

"It's a very stressful time for everyone at the club and the players want to see Glentoran getting on an even footing as soon as possible.

"No player won't be available for matches and we'll all keep ourselves in good nick for matches.

"We understand that preparation might be affected but in saying that, we have to make some sort of stand and a majority voted and we all agreed on this course of action.

"No training will take place until money is given or promised or seen."

Veteran player Nixon has been acting at as a go-between during the crisis between the club chairman Terence Brannigan and the squad.

Nixon added that the club chairman and his directors "have been working hard to sort things out" but as yet there is no resolution.

The Glentoran defender called on the club's fans to continue to support the club during the current crisis.

"We actively encourage the fans to come out in their droves on Saturday as we know they do in times of crisis.

"It's a fantastic club and it's a privilege to play for it and we respect everybody involved in it. But unfortunately at this stage, it's down to simple economics."

Talks were understood to be continuing on Thursday afternoon and despite the current crisis, Nixon said that he expects matters to be sorted out before the festive period.

"In my heart of hearts, I would envisage all players being paid before Christmas and the club hopefully getting back on its feet."

Colin Nixon says the Glentoran squad was left with "no option" but to boycott training after not being paid for eight weeks.

Comment

arsenal liverpool city utd accumulator for me today. 4/1 ish

dont normally do these big boys accumulators but all games are there to be won today.
                                                                      everton are no mugs but citys home record in premiership points to a win.
                                                                      liverpool and arsenal can get the business done at home then on to utd to grind a win away.

what can possibly go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                        From boards gambling thread -

Glentoran v Ballinamallard
                                                                        Ballinamallard 11/4

Glentoran player Colin Nixon has said that the squad was left with "no option" but to boycott training after not being paid wages for eight weeks.

The Glens squad, apparently with the support of the management, did not train on Tuesday evening.

This policy will continue until the players get firm indications that they are to receive their wages.

"Some players are struggling to get to training money wise. We had to make some sort of stand," said Nixon.

Glentoran have been embroiled in financial difficulties for a number of years and there have been previous instances when wages were not paid on time.

However, with the latest wage crisis dragging on for two months, Nixon said that the squad could not stand idly by.

Continue reading the main story
                                                                        “In my heart of hearts, I would envisage all players being paid before Christmas and the club hopefully getting back on its feet”

Glentoran player Colin Nixon

"It's a very stressful time for everyone at the club and the players want to see Glentoran getting on an even footing as soon as possible.

"No player won't be available for matches and we'll all keep ourselves in good nick for matches.

"We understand that preparation might be affected but in saying that, we have to make some sort of stand and a majority voted and we all agreed on this course of action.

"No training will take place until money is given or promised or seen."

Veteran player Nixon has been acting at as a go-between during the crisis between the club chairman Terence Brannigan and the squad.

Nixon added that the club chairman and his directors "have been working hard to sort things out" but as yet there is no resolution.

The Glentoran defender called on the club's fans to continue to support the club during the current crisis.

"We actively encourage the fans to come out in their droves on Saturday as we know they do in times of crisis.

"It's a fantastic club and it's a privilege to play for it and we respect everybody involved in it. But unfortunately at this stage, it's down to simple economics."

Talks were understood to be continuing on Thursday afternoon and despite the current crisis, Nixon said that he expects matters to be sorted out before the festive period.

"In my heart of hearts, I would envisage all players being paid before Christmas and the club hopefully getting back on its feet."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20549083
                                                                        Ballinamallard now 9/4 in local bookmakers here, Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Glens had the loots on Ballinamallard also.

Comment

this isn't a "lock bet" as I don't know too much about either team but tomorrow Sevilla vs Real Valladolid, Seville have 7 players out for the game! I know Valladolid are away but I'll be on at just over 5.4 anyway, figure I'd share
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Can't say i hold out too much hope of Arsenal beating Olympiakos tonight. The Greeks are available at 21/20 and have won their last 7 at home, while Arsenal are in shocking form, haven't won away in 4, have already qualified and travelled with this squad

Arsenal Squad: Szczesny, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Squillaci, Coquelin, Arshavin, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Chamakh, Angha, Ansah, Hajrovic, Meade, Monteiro, Shea, Akpom.

Will be really surprised if Arsenal come away with anything from the game

Comment

Can't say i hold out too much hope of Arsenal beating Olympiakos tonight. The Greeks are available at 21/20 and have won their last 7 at home, while Arsenal are in shocking form, haven't won away in 4, have already qualified and travelled with this squad

Arsenal Squad: Szczesny, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Squillaci, Coquelin, Arshavin, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Chamakh, Angha, Ansah, Hajrovic, Meade, Monteiro, Shea, Akpom.

Will be really surprised if Arsenal come away with anything from the game
                                                                              Decided to go with this bet with Madrid -1 pays just over 2/1

Comment

Went with

PSG
                                                                                Malaga
                                                                                Dortmund
                                                                                Real Madrid

And a smaller one with those 4 and Schalke.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                  Went with

PSG
                                                                                  Malaga
                                                                                  Dortmund
                                                                                  Real Madrid

And a smaller one with those 4 and Schalke.
                                                                                  Fuck you Malaga and fuck you Schalke.

Comment

fuck u malaga 2.....had psg..dortmund...olympiacos.n malaga...

Comment

gwan the Valladolid!!!
                                                                                      am on Bordeaux, Marseille & Lyon treble for 50 at 11/2 enhanced on Boyles.
                                                                                      Can see Marseille winning, haven't look at Lyon tbh but 1/5 and at home - here is hoping! Newcastle are wrecked tired and injured all over the gap so Bordeaux aren't gonna lose at home to them so here's hoping its a win .

have other small accums which mostly revolve around athletico dnb which was a nice price

also, Leeds qpr & united at weekend to fill a v big accum plz
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

gwan the Valladolid!!!
                                                                                        am on Bordeaux, Marseille & Lyon treble for 50 at 11/2 enhanced on Boyles.
                                                                                        Can see Marseille winning, haven't look at Lyon tbh but 1/5 and at home - here is hoping! Newcastle are wrecked tired and injured all over the gap so Bordeaux aren't gonna lose at home to them so here's hoping its a win .

have other small accums which mostly revolve around athletico dnb which was a nice price

also, Leeds qpr & united at weekend to fill a v big accum plz
                                                                                        ah I'm some donk
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

more landmines in tonights games than in the road out of Baghdad

Comment

Leyton orient are a very decent price at home this weekend to 2nd from bottom Scunthorpe. they're on a serious good run and at 11/10 I hope it continues, gonna research injuries but I'm probably gonna bet them big enough

bet for the weekend, €20 accum on Leyton, York, dag and red, Norwich and Charlton(bit dodge)

edit: might take York out, liking the look of Exeter too this weekend so I'll have a 5 fold probably with them replacing York as they are unreliable, not sure yet but Leyton and Exeter FTW plz
                                                                                            Last edited by mdoug; 14-12-12, 15:58.
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

nm!
                                                                                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 17-12-12, 20:32.

Comment

nm!
                                                                                                Uncanny reverso!
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Uncanny reverso!
                                                                                                  Typical of Arsenal!

Comment

lol its great being able to read edited posts

Comment

lol its great being able to read edited posts
                                                                                                      Not trying to hide anything. Just deleted it after the 3rd goal went in seeing as my bet on Reading was drawing dead! Sigh me and not going blindly with Arsenal when they decide to turn up

Comment

Not trying to hide anything. Just deleted it after the 3rd goal went in seeing as my bet on Reading was drawing dead! Sigh me and not going blindly with Arsenal when they decide to turn up
                                                                                                        Maybe not dead yet.....

Comment

Rename FD to 'The Opposite Man' imo.
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Rename FD to 'The Opposite Man' imo.
                                                                                                            Ok so...not backing this, but i think Arsenal are way too big @ 4/5 away to Wigan. I'm expecting a comfortablish win today. Ramsey being on the bench is huge for Arsenal because he is fkin garbage.

Also, Cazorla first goalscorer at 8/1 is extremely attractive!

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, Walcott. Subs: Mannone, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Coquelin, Ramsey, Arshavin, Gervinho

Comment

Wenger finally relenting and playin Walcott as a centre forward

Comment

Caldwell out for Wigan also.

All over Arsenal today.

Walcott wincast appealing too

Comment

Hoping for a lot of draws today in the 3pm games.

Comment

No Ba for Newcastle tonight, left out and seemingly Chelsea bound. Everton worth a punt with Fellani back?

Comment

Sunderland seem v big at 7/1 v Liverpool, considering Liverpools very up and down form and that Sunderland have been looking a bit better of late

Comment

Sunderland seem v big at 7/1 v Liverpool, considering Liverpools very up and down form and that Sunderland have been looking a bit better of late
                                                                                                                        God no.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                          God no.
                                                                                                                          So it seems

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X