X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    If you think the family would be OK with Asian food I'd recommend http://www.kinara.ie/ - upscale Pakistani place, very family friendly in my experience. You'd have to make sure they are wheelchair friendly though, I'm sure they are but the tables were pretty close together the last time I was there!
    Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Moloughney's is probably the best bet in the area given criteria.
    It's a party of 10 so need to have a broad spectrum appeal.
    Moloughney's booked with zero hassles after getting the run around from yacht and baths
    Cheers folks

Leave a comment:

• BennyHiFi
    replied
    If you're ever in the west Sligo region (the little village of Easky specifically) i'd highly recommend Pudding Row for breakfast/brunch/lunch.

The wife's homemade beans on toast with egg, chorizo and avocado (i know!) was fantastic and my pulled pork on focaccia was also great.

Beautiful homemade cakes and bakes as well an an unexpected low-key post-punk/indie soundtrack of Television, Joy Division, Blondie, Smiths etc.. only added to the charm!

Leave a comment:

• Hectorjelly
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Hey Folks,

As posted in BBV my dad had a quite serious accident a few months back and is still in hospital. However, he has moved to clontarf hospital to finish off rehab and physio and has been given a few hours Sunday to leave the grounds. I was planning on bringing him and the family out for a meal.
    Any suggestions for the immediate environs as can't be going too far.
    Family friendly and wheelchair accessible a must.
    Was thinking the Yacht or the Baths purely on anecdotal evidence to open to suggestions.
    I haven't eaten in the baths, but its a fantastic location. Have drank there a few times, its gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Moloughney's is probably the best bet in the area given criteria.

Leave a comment:

• ionapaul
    replied
    If you think the family would be OK with Asian food I'd recommend http://www.kinara.ie/ - upscale Pakistani place, very family friendly in my experience. You'd have to make sure they are wheelchair friendly though, I'm sure they are but the tables were pretty close together the last time I was there!

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Hey Folks,

As posted in BBV my dad had a quite serious accident a few months back and is still in hospital. However, he has moved to clontarf hospital to finish off rehab and physio and has been given a few hours Sunday to leave the grounds. I was planning on bringing him and the family out for a meal.
    Any suggestions for the immediate environs as can't be going too far.
    Family friendly and wheelchair accessible a must.
    Was thinking the Yacht or the Baths purely on anecdotal evidence to open to suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    Mate of mine is back from travelling for a few months and is an experienced chef. He's hosting nights in my place, couple of spots left if anyone is interested (send a pm). He's hosted them before in London. Should be a larf.

This will be the first of a series of private dinners held over the summer in Dublin. The food will be cooked by James Forde who has many years of experience working in high end Michelin star kitchens between Dublin, London and New York. The aim of these dinners is to bring people together in a communal aspect to enjoy locally sourced cuisine treated with the highest respect and presented in a relaxed fine dining setting. The menu will change each month and will consist of 5 courses and one cocktail for 70 EURO.

A perfect evening for couples or friends who are looking for something a little different before going out on the town.
    Friday next week (25th) at 7
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-05-18, 09:48.

Leave a comment:

• Tar.Aldarion
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Don't get that adding 12.5% discretionary charge to bills (Heron&Grey). Their guests surely aren't price sensitive, so just build it into the price and stop that nonsense.

Also are they not a bit hampered with getting a second Michelin Star given no Michelin inspectors can get seats there to taste the food?
    Then everybody will give a tip on top of that too so it doesn't work. So you're asking (a month ago) why a 3 seater restaurant aren't changing the social tipping culture of a country? :P
    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-02-18, 17:14.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on a choice between Dillingers and The Butchers Grill in Ranelagh or any other hidden gems in that area?

Edit - a quick search of Ranelagh in the thread throws up Rio & Brioche which seem to be busto...
    Rio & Brioche are defo both busto. While they do dinner, Dillingers is more a brunch place for me.

Butchers Grill or Wild Goose would be my pick in Ranelagh.

Two alternatives that I haven't tried yet would be Host - small plates, like a tapas place only not Spanish and The Night Market (Thai place that has been getting good reviews)

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    Anyone have any opinions on a choice between Dillingers and The Butchers Grill in Ranelagh or any other hidden gems in that area?

Edit - a quick search of Ranelagh in the thread throws up Rio & Brioche which seem to be busto...
    Never visited but Wild Goose is supposed to be legit.

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied

Last edited by Dice75; 10-02-18, 15:27.

Leave a comment:

• Hitchhiker's Guide To...
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ionapaul
    replied
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Lao Lao review >>> ionapaul review.
    Ha, my picture maybe not worth 1,000 words alright

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Lao Lao review >>> ionapaul review.

Leave a comment:

• ionapaul
    replied
    Oh man I'd go back there within two weeks in a heartbeat - defo do it if you get the chance!

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    It's been a while since there was a post in here so I thought I'd throw this one up.

Last Wednesday, I hit the big 4-0 and as is tradition with myself and Mrs Lao Lao, we take the other one out on their birthday for dinner but the location is always kept under wraps. Friday night, we left the house and jumped into a taxi and I was given a blindfold to put on The fact we were in a taxi lead me to believe we weren't city center bound but I wouldn't have put it past Mrs Lao Lao to get the taxi driver to drive around for 20 minutes to try throw me off the scent - She had booked the taxi and jumped it to give directions as I was locking the door so anything was possible.

My sense of direction isn't always the best but I was really trying to focus on what turns were being taken and when. That combined with a likely list of restaurants in my head of where we may be going made me believe that we were heading to Blackrock and Heron & Grey - My powers of deduction were spot on and we rocked into Heron & Grey for an 8:30 sitting

We were a little early so we started off with a glass of fizz each before getting into the food which we had wine pairings with. The menu was 12 courses in total

Burnt Leek - Rye

Sprouting Broccoli - Trout Roe

Shrimp - Kohlrabi - Turnip

Unwaxed Lemon

Oyster - Kelp - Kale

Chicken Broth - Cabbage - Sprouts

Wild Bass - Golden Chanterelle - Young Garlic

Venison - Roscoff Onion - Wild Herbs

Comte - Artichoke - Cured Egg

Brandy Snap - Sweet Kefir

Passion Fruit - Blood Orange - Rhubard

Raspberry - Chocolate

There is too many courses to go through them individually and the name doesn't give you the full details of each course so you'll have to trust me when I say that each was immaculately presented and each one was delicious - If I had to pick a top three of courses, it would be the venison, wild bass and chicken broth in that order.

The restaurant can only hold 24 people so it's a nice cosy spot but you also feel that you have enough space, you're not crowded at all. It is also probably the most relaxed, laid back Michelin star restaurant that I have eaten in, not in regards the standard of the food or the tardiness of the service. The head chef was very clearly in control and you heard quite a few 'Qui Chef' responses from his two subordinates anytime he issued an instruction. The front of house was on top of everything also, wine, food, water, etc, all on top it - it was just not as formal a setting as other Michelin star places I've eaten in and that was a good thing. Both Heron (front of house) & Grey (head chef) clearly love what they do, there was smiles all round, there was a great chemistry between them and there was just the right amount of interaction, chat and banter without feeling like they were intruding.

The only one small downside was when we didn't appear to get a wine with one course, it came just as we finished the dish. When we questioned this, we were told that the pairings is 9 wines with 12 courses so there was two wines that doubled up over two courses. This may have been said to us at the start but neither of us remembered it and the explanation seemed a bit odd. That said, 9 glasses of wine (even tasting sizes) is more than enough for a meal so it wasn't a big thing.

After the meal, we were pretty much the last to leave so we were chatting to the two lads for a bit and they seem like really genuine guys. They told how they need to take two seats out as with the current set up, they have to reach over at least one person to serve somebody as one table is against the wall and they have no chance of a 2nd star with the seating arrangement as it is. They also gave us another glass of vino as they were having one themselves.

Slight dilemma now as I am on the waiting list for 27th Jan for our anniversary which I mentioned to them while Mrs Lao Lao was in the toilet. They reckoned they could squeeze me in if I wanted it and while it was amazing, I'm not sure if twice in two weeks would be overkill? On the other hand, I can't see getting somewhere else as good, it really was excellent.

Decisions, decisions…Either way, I will most definitely be back at some point this year

Leave a comment:

• ionapaul
    replied
    Got a call from one of my brothers in the late afternoon yesterday with a lovely surprise of an invite: another couple who are good friends of my bro and his wife had a table for six booked last night in Heron & Grey, the third couple dropped out and we were thought of as last-minute foodie substitutes An easy invite to accept, knowing how difficult it is to get in there.

What a great experience, very like the chef's table in Chapter One, lots and lots of interaction with the staff, all of whom were very personable. Cracking menu too:

Obviously a list of ingredients doesn't portray a real picture of what we were served but in general all courses were inventive, very attractively presented and most importantly extremely tasty

I drove last night so only had a single glass of wine, but the others who were drinking were full of praise for that side of things too.

Couldn't get over the value, I think average spend per person was about €90, which was amazing considering the amount and quality of food, the level of service and I imagine the quality of the wine. Highly, highly recommend.

That's three new Michelin-starred places in the last 30 days or so:

Kiin Kiin - Copenhagen
    Loam - Galway
    Heron & Grey - Dublin

All were enjoyable but if I was asked to rank them, all things considered, I'd have a very clear 1st, 2nd and 3rd; Heron & Grey, Kiin Kiin and Loam in that order. Last night's meal is up there with the very best I've ever had.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    I was in La Bodega Tapas Bar in Ranelagh last night. Third time in three years. First time, food was excellent, really fresh tapas. 2nd time, it was a bit meh but thought it might just be an off night.

Hadn't planned to go our for dinner last night, it was a bit impromptu so had nothing booked. Our choice of the Night Market (new Thai place) was knocked on the head as they were fully booked so we opted for La Bodega.

Every single dish was as bland as can be. We had a chorizo dish that was duller than dish water, no idea how you can turn chorizo so tasteless.

The bizarre part is that the place was packed (we got the last table) and it seems to be like that all the time, really don't get it it to be honest but definitely avoid for the future.
    Last edited by Lao Lao; 27-08-17, 14:56.

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

call them.
    Next step obv but was assuming they'll say what Zuutroy did and was wondering what the scrum is like.

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    Sep 1st for Nov/Dec. Best to ring that morning.
    Thats what i thought.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Looking to get into Chapter One on a Fri/Sat in November. Is it tricky and when are they likely to open online reservations?
    Sep 1st for Nov/Dec. Best to ring that morning.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
    Might not be the most stylish or in vogue of Dublin's ethnic restaurants but Kites in Ballsbridge is the best Chiense in the city for me.
    there is (was?) a Dim Sum place over the 9th lock which was frankly ridiculously better than it's location suggested

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    I was in Charlie's Three sober once and never went back again. Place looks very different in the light of day!

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    Charlie's Three for me, but I can see why someone might choose Five

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    Looking to get into Chapter One on a Fri/Sat in November. Is it tricky and when are they likely to open online reservations?

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    I have a fear that Hang Dai may be too hipster for the Duke. Food is great but I'm not sure about the set up for him.
    Yeah, that could really have put me on tilt for a week.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
    Might not be the most stylish or in vogue of Dublin's ethnic restaurants but Kites in Ballsbridge is the best Chiense in the city for me.
    China Sichuan for me but Kites certainly rates an honourable mention.

tbh for Chinese food, you're better off wandering into one of the Capel St joints and doing the gweilo (foreign barbarian) thing of randomly pointing at menu items.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Rosa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CHDad
    replied
    Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Looks great inside in fairness and you can see into the kitchen from the back area of the restaurant but we always deliver straight out the back and it's bad. Bags of dirty stuff left next to food and all, open food trays just left in a shed uncovered, presume they should be either in a fridge or covered. One good thing about this job is it gives me an idea of where is clean or not. Don't get me started on the b&bs we deliver to
    You're a liability m8.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    Woops posted this in BBV

Peploes has just been refurbished so maybe there? I'm going because they have a nice veggie menu now but I'm sure they may cater for you too

Pickle is supposed to be great, yep it's that Indian. Surprised it's filthy!
    Looks great inside in fairness and you can see into the kitchen from the back area of the restaurant but we always deliver straight out the back and it's bad. Bags of dirty stuff left next to food and all, open food trays just left in a shed uncovered, presume they should be either in a fridge or covered. One good thing about this job is it gives me an idea of where is clean or not. Don't get me started on the b&bs we deliver to

Leave a comment:

• Tar.Aldarion
    replied
    Woops posted this in BBV

Peploes has just been refurbished so maybe there? I'm going because they have a nice veggie menu now but I'm sure they may cater for you too

Pickle is supposed to be great, yep it's that Indian. Surprised it's filthy!

Leave a comment:

• SatNav
    replied
    this is fabulous , highly recommend

very small but just lovely

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    I'm planning on doing one really good restaurant a month for the next few months (except December - too much Christmas crap)

For Sept I have Greenhouse booked, Oct I have Pickle booked and am waiting for Herron & Grey bookings to open for January.

Suggestions for November?
    Is pickle the Indian on Camden street? Possibly not but it's the only one that popped up when I Googled it and would avoid at all costs if it is. I deliver there and the state of the kitchen and area around it would make you sick

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    I'm planning on doing one really good restaurant a month for the next few months (except December - too much Christmas crap)

For Sept I have Greenhouse booked, Oct I have Pickle booked and am waiting for Herron & Grey bookings to open for January.

Suggestions for November?

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    I was trying to be more subtle about directing him away

Leave a comment:

• Tar.Aldarion
    replied
    I just looked up pictures, he will be all right as long as he doesn't look directly at the restaurant :P

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by mocata View Post
    Hang Dai worth a spin for ethnic and different, cant wait for next visit. Was at a wedding last week and got chatting to one of the guys who took over running of residence recently, nice chap.
    I have a fear that Hang Dai may be too hipster for the Duke. Food is great but I'm not sure about the set up for him.

Leave a comment:

• Tar.Aldarion
    replied
    I had an injera "discovery menu" at an Ethiopian restaurant in Brussels with workmates and we loved it, so looking for more. They also had a traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony which was nice, very different than other coffee.

I had reservations that there was anything in Ireland all right, but will be travelling to London soon so will keep an eye out for that, cheers SP.

Good luck on the ethnic hunt here RD

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Speaking of Ethnic, is there anywhere that does Ethiopian food?
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Addis Ababa.

I've had it in Africa a few times, really good stewy-type food with bread. Goat does not float my boat though.
    A lot of the food would be just the kind of thing Tara would be looking for, but it is in Addis.

This bit not so much

There is a place in Islington called mesis kitchen thats famous for its authentic injera dishes, the only time I tried to go I couldn't get a table.

Find contact details, timetable, location, telephone, website , menu and more to get the low-down on Mesi's Kitchen and book a table for dinner. Plan your next meal out at this local restaurant and enjoy dining out in London.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Addis Ababa.

I've had it in Africa a few times, really good stewy-type food with bread. Goat does not float my boat though.

Leave a comment:

• Tar.Aldarion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    Hang Dai worth a spin for ethnic and different, cant wait for next visit.
    Have only been in their for their DJ nights, but heard it's good. Small busy and loud though.

Was at a wedding last week and got chatting to one of the guys who took over running of residence recently, nice chap
    I see the Stokes brother's latest adventure in the IFSC has closed, hope the taxman is ok. Wonder where they're off to next.

Leave a comment:

• mocata
    replied
    Hang Dai worth a spin for ethnic and different, cant wait for next visit. Was at a wedding last week and got chatting to one of the guys who took over running of residence recently, nice chap.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Mrs DIII's birthday is coming up so I asked her to give me a steer in relation to preferred dining options.

"Something ethnic" was the somewhat gnomic response.

Recommendations plz.

Leave a comment:

• Goodluck2me
    replied
    pretty sure I've written a review previously but I was in Restaurant 41 in The Residence last night and it was exceptional. I had Goats Cheese and Beetroot to start and followed with Duck which was exceptional. It's a fantastic place to dine and it has a great setting overlooking Stephens Green.
    It's excellent, i've been for the A La Carte and the tasting menu's and both were great experiences.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by RossiesAbu View Post
    Any city in particular?
    Dublin would be best

Leave a comment:

• RossiesAbu
    replied
    Need some recommendations please

I need

A)city centre based restaurant
    B)decent grub
    C)Appeal to people who aren't overly adventurous food wise
    D)Good Value

Please & Thanks
    Any city in particular?

Leave a comment:

• NewApproach
    replied
    Green 19?

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Need some recommendations please

I need

A)city centre based restaurant
    B)decent grub
    C)Appeal to people who aren't overly adventurous food wise
    D)Good Value

Please & Thanks

Leave a comment:

• The Aul Switcharoo
    replied
    Any recommendations for somewhere in Limerick City? Also post dinner spot for drinks?
    Anywhere on the road out of there

Although the cornstore restaurant was nice

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    Any recommendations for somewhere in Limerick City? Also post dinner spot for drinks?

Leave a comment:

• BennyHiFi
    replied
    Visited Luna in Dublin (Drury St. beside The Hairy Lemon) for a birthday treat this evening and would recommend.

Unusual basement room apparently based on 60s American-Italiana, all booths and oak and velour and bow ties and Campari. Quite interesting with an open kitchen and fantastic bathrooms.

Bar is limited to the aforementioned Italian aperitif, wine and gin.

Menu is in Italian and the waiter goes through it all and translates. Worked well, maybe because we had a middle-aged Italian walk us through it. Maybe less so if you had one of the young Irish dudes do it, i dunno.

We had beef carpaccio, poached egg with mushrooms and parmesan, lobster linguine and halibut with artichoke - all done in a modern rather than classic way.

Two chocolate deserts, a bottle of wine, two gins, a coffee and a limoncello topped things off at e200.

The atmosphere was great, really buzzy with something of a sophisticated supper club feel, albeit a little bit tongue in cheek.

The staff were helpful, efficient and dapper in their luxurious Louis Copeland blazers.

It kinda reminded me a bit of a much cooler (but not hipster) Trocadero.

The pre-theatre menu is e30 per person and I would consider that a bargain particularly if you can get there for 6pm and take your time to enjoy the restaurant whirling into gear around you.
    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 04-06-17, 00:45.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Avalon (above Donnybrook Fair) has been taken over by Sheerin Wilde (formerly of the Wild Goose) about 12 months ago (maybe longer)

Food has come leaps and bounds from the former Donnybrook Fair restaurant.

I haven't been in for dinner yet but yesterday was the second time in a few months I was in for lunch.

Two courses for 22 Euro is exceptional value for the quality of the food.

The dinner menu does look to be pricer but will give it a try soon.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    I am pretty sure it has been mentioned here before but I made my maiden voyage to Pho Viet this evening. It was a thing of beauty. Il be back pretty soon.
    The place next door, Hop House, is far better imo. Does a lot of fun Korean food and also some decent sushi. I always get a bibimbap.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Fair play to V for arranging the next HHE dinner imo

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    This is a bit of an odd review but I'm throwing it up as it might be a good alternative for an IPB night out. I'm well overdue to attend one as I've missed the last two...

Last night I hosted a dinner at Residence on behalf of my company. We booked the smallest room they have which seats 14 people comfortably around a large square table.

We were greeted warmly by the staff and left to mingle at the bar with attentive but unobtrusive drinks service. We then had a very decent 3 course meal.

I had a salmon and prawn starter, fillet of beef main and a creme brulee desert. It was a set menu with 3 choices for starter, mains and desert and everyone seemed to enjoy their grub. Not a very adventurous menu but tasty and well cooked. My medium rare fillet of steak was spot on. Here's the broader menu details here.

Service was excellent and we had two speakers during the course of the evening (someone had to sing for their supper) and they worked around this well. It was a little bit noisy outside the room at one point due to another large party arriving but not a big deal imo. Certainly not for an IPB night out!

We had lots of red and white wine served. At least 6 bottles. I didn't order the wine (or drink it obv) but it seemed to be enjoyed by those who knew their wine and they have a large wine menu.

The total cost for 14 people including service and earlier drinks was €1360 which I thought was excellent value at less than €100 per head.

Anyway if we can't get the Vintage kitchen or are looking for something a bit different it's a decent spot. 4/5 stars for me for a group gathering.
    I was a guest there about two years ago for a night hosted by one of my suppliers. Same type of set up and it was a fairly pleasant night. As you mentioned, food wasn't overly adventurous but it was well cooked and tasty

Leave a comment:

• V for Vendetta
    replied
    Residence St. Stephens Green

This is a bit of an odd review but I'm throwing it up as it might be a good alternative for an IPB night out. I'm well overdue to attend one as I've missed the last two...

Last night I hosted a dinner at Residence on behalf of my company. We booked the smallest room they have which seats 14 people comfortably around a large square table.

We were greeted warmly by the staff and left to mingle at the bar with attentive but unobtrusive drinks service. We then had a very decent 3 course meal.

I had a salmon and prawn starter, fillet of beef main and a creme brulee desert. It was a set menu with 3 choices for starter, mains and desert and everyone seemed to enjoy their grub. Not a very adventurous menu but tasty and well cooked. My medium rare fillet of steak was spot on. Here's the broader menu details here.

Service was excellent and we had two speakers during the course of the evening (someone had to sing for their supper) and they worked around this well. It was a little bit noisy outside the room at one point due to another large party arriving but not a big deal imo. Certainly not for an IPB night out!

We had lots of red and white wine served. At least 6 bottles. I didn't order the wine (or drink it obv) but it seemed to be enjoyed by those who knew their wine and they have a large wine menu.

The total cost for 14 people including service and earlier drinks was €1360 which I thought was excellent value at less than €100 per head.

Anyway if we can't get the Vintage kitchen or are looking for something a bit different it's a decent spot. 4/5 stars for me for a group gathering.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    It was supposed to be a joyous trip to one of France’s famous gastro palaces – what could possibly go wrong?

My lips purse, like a cat’s arse that’s brushed against nettles.

wonderful stuff

Leave a comment:

• Tar.Aldarion
    replied
    Pro tip for above is always specify your spice when ordering food at a place like that, and realise that what they call medium is your hot.

Originally posted by careca View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation Tar, ate there last night, very enjoyable. Food was very good and the price was exceptional at €29 for 3 courses. Wine was a bit dear (maybe its just me?) at €38 for a standard Malbec but overall very good value. I'll be back.
    No problem, used to eat there all the time and loved it. Eating out is essentially my #1 "hobby".

Was just back in Sligo for a funeral and things have certainly changed since I was there, Sweet Beat is a great cafe I tried. There were barely any vegetarian options on any menu until recently, and now there are vegan places etc. Was so many new restaurants as I wandered about in general. Warning, high levels of delicious leaves for my lunch there.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Crane
    replied
    Bon Crubeen is close and OK without being great. Decent value.
    Ended up here the other night, tried 101 but it was closed. It was awful, literally every course, even the drinks afterwards were awful. And I used to have it in the "not great but decent value" range.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X