This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Things worth insuring: your life, your car, your house, your health, your wife

Things not worth insuring: jewellery, electronic goods, pets, everything else

Hope that clears that up
    FYP

Comment

Milan have gone extra attacking tonight, game could be a goal fest. Nice to see El Shaarawy start, pretty talented kid.

Benfica v Zenit game is perfectly poised after first leg which was one of the most exciting games I've seen in the CL this year.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
        Fucks sake, blank squares played on a triple letter square don't count. grrrrr
        Yes it does, you get three times nothing for it.

Comment

Fucks sake, blank squares played on a triple letter square don't count. grrrrr
          They do count, it's just that 3x0=0.
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I just got modded.
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

why is this just showing as a link and not the vid?
              Last edited by Caf; 06-03-12, 19:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                This guy uploads all the games:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PolyRugger/feed
                If only someone did the same for the GAA

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                  Well there be decent gambling to be had on the lesser olympic sports this year seeing as its on so close?
                  I'll do some research later on today but Rounders123 is really the man to provide the formlines on the more esoteric disciplines. No doubt he is diligently researching the form of the Bulgarian weightlifting squad as we speak. Or possibly the Brazilian beach volleyball team.:tren

Now there's a sport we can all get behind.
                  The handball is going to be epic. Its such a bottler sport even more than GAA probably because they are both amatuer. But its pure like golf. I dont like to say it but lay France. Back Sweden and Spain.

Love so much olympic events im the ultimate olympic drooler . Love the heartbreak too if im honest, great rewinding those tears back!. Someone breaking down in the marathon, another dream dashed its just all give give give, When i was a young lad i remember cursing the fact it was only once every four years and remember actually totting up how many olympics im likely to watch before i die!(still not as bad as Barry Herridge the little creep).

The early rounds of the basketball will be brilliant too even though the American dream theyve been ruining it in recent times though. Only european based american cast offs should be allowed to represent America!. You want the Croatian, Serb, Turkey, Greece games for the fire and bad blood!.
                  It will be rick city with prices because firms wont know what theyre at as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Benfica v Zenit game is perfectly poised after first leg which was one of the most exciting games I've seen in the CL this year.
                    Yeah, can't believe any non supporter of Arsenal or Milan is watching that game tbh, this one is beautifully set up. I'll switch back when RVP bangs in his first half hat trick though, I wouldn't give many teams a chance at 4-0 down but Arsenal have pretty clearly demonstrated that they have the big heart...
                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Brutal

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Last edited by greywolf; 06-03-12, 19:41.
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                        I just got modded.
                        Got a good chuckle out of that.

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xmlAW_1hgT8

That is wicked, I must actually do a little step by step guide on how to embed YouTube links correctly. I think its the code "feature=player_embedded&" that fucks it up.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                          The handball is going to be epic. Its such a bottler sport even more than GAA probably because they are both amatuer. But its pure like golf. I dont like to say it but lay France. Back Sweden and Spain.

Love so much olympic events im the ultimate olympic drooler . Love the heartbreak too if im honest, great rewinding those tears back!. Someone breaking down in the marathon, another dream dashed its just all give give give, When i was a young lad i remember cursing the fact it was only once every four years and remember actually totting up how many olympics im likely to watch before i die!(still not as bad as Barry Herridge the little creep).

The early rounds of the basketball will be brilliant too even though the American dream theyve been ruining it in recent times though. Only european based american cast offs should be allowed to represent America!. You want the Croatian, Serb, Turkey, Greece games for the fire and bad blood!.
                          It will be rick city with prices because firms wont know what theyre at as usual.
                          You must have your own thread for the olympics Rounders. Ideally in a private forum with access for the select few

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xmlAW_1hgT8

when you go to share click on long link

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                              Yeah, can't believe any non supporter of Arsenal or Milan is watching that game tbh, this one is beautifully set up. I'll switch back when RVP bangs in his first half hat trick though, I wouldn't give many teams a chance at 4-0 down but Arsenal have pretty clearly demonstrated that they have the big heart...
                              I'm following the Eagle Eyed one and getting some bucks on Zenit @ 4/1 for a bit of added interest.

Comment

Cascarino and Lawro bashing Ibra it seems, lol them. Setanta with the big 5 min preview for the proper game, fuck off

Comment

I don't see it on any of the stations/liveonlinefooty?

Also LiveOnlineFooty have added an F1 channel to their roster nice, speaking of them I hooked up my Macbook to the tv in the sitting room and streamed the HD match of Utd vs Spurs on Sunday, wow it looked fantastic on the big screen very impressed by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                    I see Starrbar is back
                                    Where?
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                      I don't see it on any of the stations/liveonlinefooty?

Also LiveOnlineFooty have added an F1 channel to their roster nice, speaking of them I hooked up my Macbook to the tv in the sitting room and streamed the HD match of Utd vs Spurs on Sunday, wow it looked fantastic on the big screen very impressed by it.
                                      It's on Sky Sports 4 I believe, it should be anyway. And that's further reason why FSS > LOF ainec
                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                        Everyone has a different value for insurance, it depends on your extent of risk aversion; i.e. how willing you are to take risk.
                                        I was pondering this the night before last.

My mother asked me to book flights and hotels for her to London. Having chosen a suitable hotel for a good price there was then the issue of paying for the 4 nights up front with no comeback, or paying ~ €100 extra for the option of cancelling if something should happen.

That is €100 extras on top of €568. I explained in terms of the probability of something happening within the next month which would prevent travel and the fact that she would be paying between 1/5th and 1/6th extra.

But while she intellectually understood the maths and the rationale, she is psychologically risk aversive. She considered paying €568 up front a "gamble". I tried to reframe it as being a form of gamble either way, and that locking in an unnecessary loss must relate to the odds of something happening which would make that a useful thing.

But she insisted that she just wasn't a gambler, and that the thought of risking the €568 a month in advance bothered her.

So here we have exactly the difference between HH and BCB/Strewelpeter's perspectives. I was trying to inculcate in her a dispassionate, calculating perspective, but she was being a human being and being emotionally true to her level of psychological risk aversion.

But I couldn't do anything with that. It was an amorphous, seemingly unquantifiable, or, at least, inarticulable risk aversion response. Now probably if I had started with it being a €100 possible loss instead of €568 then I might have reached a tipping point and used that as a way of crudely categorising the risk aversion in this situation. But that would only measure the tipping point.

What all of this does is relegate finance and economic theory to the rubbish bin at the microlevel insofar as they are defined in non-behavioural economic or neuroeconomic terms. It becomes more of an issue of psychology and neuroscience, and only economics in the sense of economic psychology, in the same way that there is forensic psychology (i.e. it *is* psychology, but psychology applied to a particular area).

How 20th century economics co-existed in the way it did with the cultural acceptance of psychoanalysis which undermined conscious rationality is a mystery to me. It has taken the work of the likes of Khaneman and Tversky and the growing field of neuroscience to hammer home the reality that at the micro level human economic rationality is lol.

It may be considered to be similar to the effects on ethics of neuroethics over the past couple of years. What people feel comfortable about is due to things a lot less rational and explicable than we have tended to imagine, including things which you would find in a traditional finance or economics book.

Comment

Ibra isn't great.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

extra time and pens one time in arsenal milan gogogog

Comment

Get in.

I have had a weird feeling all day that Arsenal could do this. Not sure why.

Comment

It's a start. Go on you Arsenal.

Comment

6mins ... game on!

Comment

It's on Sky Sports 4 I believe, it should be anyway. And that's further reason why FSS > LOF ainec
                                                    I see I see, Arsenal 1 up interesting.

Comment

Boom Arsenal.

Hope they do it tonight. Have 3 quid on them to qualify 25/1

Comment

arsenal have to be watched i have a feeling...
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                          Boom Arsenal.

Hope they do it tonight. Have 3 quid on them to qualify 25/1
                                                          Have 3.43.

/baller

Comment

Have Arsenal -1 in a small accumulator.

Comment

Who will offer me odds on AC scoring at least 2 here tonight?
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                Have 3.43.

/baller
                                                                Heavy shit.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  I was pondering this the night before last.

My mother asked me to book flights and hotels for her to London. Having chosen a suitable hotel for a good price there was then the issue of paying for the 4 nights up front with no comeback, or paying ~ €100 extra for the option of cancelling if something should happen.

That is €100 extras on top of €568. I explained in terms of the probability of something happening within the next month which would prevent travel and the fact that she would be paying between 1/5th and 1/6th extra.

But while she intellectually understood the maths and the rationale, she is psychologically risk aversive. She considered paying €568 up front a "gamble". I tried to reframe it as being a form of gamble either way, and that locking in an unnecessary loss must relate to the odds of something happening which would make that a useful thing.

But she insisted that she just wasn't a gambler, and that the thought of risking the €568 a month in advance bothered her.

So here we have exactly the difference between HH and BCB/Strewelpeter's perspectives. I was trying to inculcate in her a dispassionate, calculating perspective, but she was being a human being and being emotionally true to her level of psychological risk aversion.

But I couldn't do anything with that. It was an amorphous, seemingly unquantifiable, or, at least, inarticulable risk aversion response. Now probably if I had started with it being a €100 possible loss instead of €568 then I might have reached a tipping point and used that as a way of crudely categorising the risk aversion in this situation. But that would only measure the tipping point.

What all of this does is relegate finance and economic theory to the rubbish bin at the microlevel insofar as they are defined in non-behavioural economic or neuroeconomic terms. It becomes more of an issue of psychology and neuroscience, and only economics in the sense of economic psychology, in the same way that there is forensic psychology (i.e. it *is* psychology, but psychology applied to a particular area).

How 20th century economics co-existed in the way it did with the cultural acceptance of psychoanalysis which undermined conscious rationality is a mystery to me. It has taken the work of the likes of Khaneman and Tversky and the growing field of neuroscience to hammer home the reality that at the micro level human economic rationality is lol.

It may be considered to be similar to the effects on ethics of neuroethics over the past couple of years. What people feel comfortable about is due to things a lot less rational and explicable than we have tended to imagine, including things which you would find in a traditional finance or economics book.
                                                                  Should have offered her the same insurance for ninety euro imo, easy game

Comment

Can't figure out if this ad is trying to be funny, or what

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

lol @ people backing Arsenal, they won't do it. Lack of the big heart

Comment

COME ON!

Comment

Is Gervinho wearing a wig?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

same here tbh, absolutely love and am in awe of the Olympics (always dreamt of participating also). handball, volleyball, judo, diving, swimming, athletics, weightlifting, rowing, etc.... i just can't get enough tbh. i wish sky or bbc or whoever did a 24/7 channel i could record for the duration and then watch every competition at my leisure.

Comment

Thanks Ste.

#poweroftheBBV

Comment

i didnt back them i just like watching ET and pens from a neutral point.

only 2 more !!!

Comment

Oh dear. Get a fucking grip Milan. Thiago Silva too.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

That worked even quicker than I thought. Still will never do it. May have to watch Arsenal game now

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                      Can't figure out if this ad is trying to be funny, or what
                                                                                      Please refrain from posting crisps in the BBV

Comment

Should have offered her the same insurance for ninety euro imo, easy game
                                                                                        She bought VHI multitrip couple insurance for €69 and pulled the trigger on the €568 no comeback price.

Gibbs is gonna ruin an otherwise epic night for Arsenal imo. I have always thought he was utter muck.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                          same here tbh, absolutely love and am in awe of the Olympics (always dreamt of participating also). handball, volleyball, judo, diving, swimming, athletics, weightlifting, rowing, etc.... i just can't get enough tbh. i wish sky or bbc or whoever did a 24/7 channel i could record for the duration and then watch every competition at my leisure.
                                                                                          The idea of an Olympic village always did it for me, I remember as a kid seeing the athletics participants turning up about 2 weeks into the Olympics or the swimmers heading home and thinking WTF! I'd be there for the duration!

Comment

This ref is the soccer equivalent of Nigel Owens imo

Comment

Is Gervinho wearing a wig?
                                                                                              give you 4/1 that its a wig
                                                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Come on, 1 goal and game over Milan! Aquilani may not be fully fit but I'd bring him on for a bit of composure in midfield.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Who will offer me odds on AC scoring at least 2 here tonight?
                                                                                                  Evs.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post

#poweroftheBBV
                                                                                                    This isnt directed just at you so please dont start giving out.

The next time someone uses a hashtag on here they will be out of here for a couple of days.

This isnt fucking twitter.

Comment

Arsenal attempting to summon the big heart of Champions League winner:

Comment

Rosicky having a stormer, looks a bit like ROG as well. Big heart imo.

Comment

This isnt directed just at you so please dont start giving out.

The next time someone uses a hashtag on here they will be out of here for a couple of days.

This isnt fucking twitter.
                                                                                                          #harsh

Comment

Will we see the magic chest bump again tonight?

Comment

The idea of an Olympic village always did it for me, I remember as a kid seeing the athletics participants turning up about 2 weeks into the Olympics or the swimmers heading home and thinking WTF! I'd be there for the duration!
                                                                                                              lol, have always thought about this and realised being a judoka was the best way to go (i'm sure there are others but this is a sport i practiced and really enjoyed). event happens in the first 3 days, then you're free to enjoy the games and party in the village for the next 3 weeks.

Comment

#fuckoffarsenal
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                                  #harsh

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

jesus took the ref long enough to give that

Comment

Oh boys!

Comment

Gary Neville: "It's Bingo Time"

Retirement getting to old Gary?
                                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X