This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    Today's main even is scheduled for 9.50pm and will last just under 10 seconds.
    Kerry donegal over 100m final for me any day im afraid, we'll agree to diagree
    airport, lol

Comment

Great start from Donegal, just what we needed. Need to keep her lit now

Comment

Kerry and Donegal please bate the shite out of each other, all this good sportsmanship of the Olympic spirit is not appeasing the competitive bloodlust in all watchers.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Donegal = Spain.

Comment

I always thought Flushing meadows was Murray's best chance of winning his first slam. I think this win will drive him on to do it.

Comment

That was unbelievable. Destroyed him.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Thats so huge for Murray for his future. To win that at Wimbledon and to beat the GOAT in the final makes it very, very special I think.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Finally some justice for Murray. What a game.. WP Sir. Outstanding

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                    That was unbelievable. Destroyed him.
                    True that. Was a strange effort from Fed though, looked like his head was elsewhere entirely.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Will he sing GSTQ?
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        True that. Was a strange effort from Fed though, looked like his head was elsewhere entirely.
                        I'd agree, but Murray took full advantage and he richly deserved to win the comp I think.

The four and a half hour marathon against Del Potro couldn't have helped Fed.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Delighted for Murray, get the double now later too please Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            this could be the victory needed by Murray to propel him to the next level.
                            Or not. He's still 4th best don't forget.

A lot depends on whether Nadal can be stitched back together.

Comment

Finally got my video edited together from the zombie walk yesterday, the event itself ended up moving a lot quicker than I had anticipated compared to last year so it's not as smooth as I would of liked also I kinda messed up with the aperture but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Myself Lao Lao headed in then I we ended up bumping into Ed & his friend and Hailo eventually joined us later on in the day, some good banter and a nice way to spend a few hours on the weekend.

Edited the time lapse in Lightroom 4 and then imported them into Final Cut Pro, pretty nifty piece of kit and would certainly like to know how to use it better.

Watch in 720p if possible & let me know what you think be it good or bad.

Small time lapse video taken from the Dublin zombie walk 2012, attended last years event and shot photos so decide to find a spot on Dawson Street and snap a...
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I'd agree, but Murray took full advantage and he richly deserved to win the comp I think.

The four and a half hour marathon against Del Potro couldn't have helped Fed.
                                I wouldn't use the Del Potro match as an excuse, it was hardly played under extreme conditions, Fed is supremely fit in any case and he had plenty of recovery time. Don't forget Murray was playing doubles too!

Fed just wasn't there mentally and played way below his Wimbledon form. I wouldn't go implying any great shift in the balance of power on the back of today. Murray still has a great big zero beside his name in terms of Slams.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  Kev and V4V,

We get it, you love Britain.
                                  Oh I missed this.

GFY CHD

Comment

No I will not KevIreland

Comment

Chris Hayes again GAB. Decent few days.

Comment

How come everyones forgotten that Murray is an insufferable twat?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          Finally got my video edited together from the zombie walk yesterday, the event itself ended up moving a lot quicker than I had anticipated compared to last year so it's not as smooth as I would of liked also I kinda messed up with the aperture but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Myself Lao Lao headed in then I we ended up bumping into Ed & his friend and Hailo eventually joined us later on in the day, some good banter and a nice way to spend a few hours on the weekend.

Edited the time lapse in Lightroom 4 and then imported them into Final Cut Pro, pretty nifty piece of kit and would certainly like to know how to use it better.

Watch in 720p if possible & let me know what you think be it good or bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUmxxUPm24g
                                          Looks great Danny.

Only thing I would say is usually with time lapse the camera is in a still position always... Im sure you already knew that but find time lapse when the camera is moving angles all the time a bit of a headwreck.

Good job though.

Comment

This cycling on at the moment is mad, they're both going real slow for the first couple of laps trying to get the other person to make a move and then going flat out for the last lap.

Comment

Kerry with 3 subs on already, could be big later on

Comment

Sue Barker is obsessed with the tears of sportsmen.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  How come everyones forgotten that Murray is an insufferable twat?
                                                  Because he cried.

Comment

That Russian woman weightlifter, fuckin hell. 2 world records in row

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                      Because he cried.
                                                      He was a twat for years before that

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                        That Russian woman weightlifter, fuckin hell. 2 world records in row
                                                        Serious willpower to get that out of the hole. Olympic record broken 4 times in 10 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                          tennis aficionados, where would winning a gold rank in relation to a grand slam event ?
                                                          To be fair, it is well down in order of tournaments. 15th best in the year.

Grand Slams: 2000 Points

Masters Events: 1000 Points

Olympics: 700 Points

They have been pushing it for 5+ years now to be Grand Slam points, but not to be.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Lads, times for the 100m tonight? Google tells me the final isn't on, just the semis?

Comment

Lads, times for the 100m tonight? Google tells me the final isn't on, just the semis?
                                                                21.50 according to official site, 19.45 for semis

Comment

21:50 i think for the final

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                    Looks great Danny.

Only thing I would say is usually with time lapse the camera is in a still position always... Im sure you already knew that but find time lapse when the camera is moving angles all the time a bit of a headwreck.

Good job though.
                                                                    Yeah I know that, second part was down in Temple Bar and there was nowhere to really setup so I just picked it up and walked around with it.
                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

are the 100 semis on tonight also? if so what time it kick off?
                                                                      7pm according to Olympics site for the Athletics and Semi is at 7:45

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                        My head is absolutely thumping here. I was shaking out heading towards the kitchen and finding a jam doughnut and some weird M&S buns were like water in the desert.

Found my elvis cape and wig on the stairs but must have fell a couple times as they're caked in mud. Think I refused to get back on the bus at one point and the majority of the stag went left me in County Waterford.

Numerous pictures of Elvis me directing cars on and off the car ferry and wrestling a granny, FML.
                                                                        I was in bits earlier; just coming around now really. Did ye have a lock-in in the pub in Ballymacaw? In fairness you didn't miss much, Forum was shit from what I remember of it

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                        Just catching up on the BBV. One question. Did Icky ride the granny?
                                                                        He tried to. She rejected him
                                                                        Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 05-08-12, 16:06.
                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I recommend couch Olympians bookmark this site. It's very handy to know whats happening each day and what time.

The home of Paris Olympics on BBC Sport online. Includes the latest news stories, results, fixtures, video and audio.

Comment

edit, SE for cash later?
                                                                            No, I'm sick atm.

Comment

sinking feeling
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Any recommendations for a nice steak & bottle of Red in Galway?

Comment

Kerrys time to come strong and overpower. Lost some on kildare at 7/2 gonna mke up difference on kerry at 7/4
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Strewelpeter drags himself in to infect the poker playing public and win the monies. Time to pass it on imo.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                        betfair would enable you to get a bit back

http://sports.betfair.com/gaelic-gam...id=1.106297772
                                                                                        no
                                                                                        Sweating it like a boss.
                                                                                        I may regret it
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                            To be fair, it is well down in order of tournaments. 15th best in the year.

Grand Slams: 2000 Points

Masters Events: 1000 Points

Olympics: 700 Points

They have been pushing it for 5+ years now to be Grand Slam points, but not to be.
                                                                                            In ranking terms maybe 15th but I think for most everyone after the slams it's the most important tournament of the year much more important than master series tournaments. For some as important as the slams.

Some interesting...athletes in women's weightlifting. Especially the Nigerian chick, bloody hell.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              no
                                                                                              Sweating it like a boss.
                                                                                              I may regret it
                                                                                              kerry 8/1 now throw another 100 on imo make it a decent payday theres plenty of time left. I threw 5 more europeans on it
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Perfect timing

Comment

Women weightlifters are x10 scarier then the male ones. USA have some big girls in it..

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Any recommendations for a nice steak & bottle of Red in Galway?
                                                                                                    Oscars on Dominic Street Or Kirwans Lane on Kirwans Lane.

I am a huge fan of Oscars though.
                                                                                                    This place comes with the added bonus of being no distance from The 4 Aces for some post dinner degeneracy.

Comment

...

Comment

its gonna be a draw isnt it
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Wow wp donegal exciting finish
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Phewwww

Comment

...

Comment

Chris Hayes again. I wish it was Galway races every week.

Comment

Just fucking class, going to be hard to go to sleep now. Buzzzzing

Comment

Murray and Robson a break up early on in the mixed doubles final..

Comment

Insane Bolt & JJ Nevin 7/4 to both win with boyles. buying $$$.
                                                                                                                      "true friends stab you in the front"

Comment

Eamon Coughlan tipping Tyson Gay as a dark horse in the 100m.

20/1, worth a pop for extra interest?

Comment

Originally posted by RobotUnicorn View Post
                                                                                                                          Insane Bolt & JJ Nevin 7/4 to both win with boyles. buying $$$.
                                                                                                                          wouldn't be rushing to take that myself

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X