This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this takes balls

Macau's high-stakes cash poker game has been running several weeks now, with varying stories making their way through to the poker community.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      a live game of werewolf would be awesome for it.
      live werewolf is the nut drinking game. not really possible in a pub though.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I suppose the floating vote in the US is so dumb and they spend so much money and talent marketing directly at it that no one is ever really going to go better than 55% of the popular vote again.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post

Sextant
          Shaving mirror
          Five-gallon can of water
          Mosquito netting
          One case of U.S. Army C rations
          Maps of the Pacific Ocean
          Seat cushion (flotation device approved by the Coast Guard)
          Two-gallon can of oil-gas mixture
          Small transistor radio
          Shark repellent
          Twenty square feet of opaque plastic
          One quart of 160-proof Puerto Rican rum
          Fifteen feet of nylon rope
          Two boxes of chocolate bars
          Fishing kit
          Water,plastic,food.The rest are red herrings.Doing stuff like reflecting the sun in a mirror only saves people in the movies.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            Surely it depends how many crew there are to determine whether it's the mirror or the water that's most important? The more people in the raft the more the balance shifts from survival to being saved. Staying alive for as long as possible is always key.
            I would have thought the water was a given anyway, regardless of how many were on the raft? I think the point of it was that most people would say "how do I survive out here" but they wanted people to ask "how will I be saved out here".

They are all a load of shite anyway.

The girl with the big tits normally gets the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              a live game of werewolf would be awesome for it.
              Originally posted by Zod View Post
              live werewolf is the nut drinking game. not really possible in a pub though.

Fastforward to 01:20.Can you imagine doing this with a load of IPBers hanging around? There'd be no end to the embarassing camera phone pictures and filming.

Review of the parlor game "Werewolf". Excerpted from my TV show, The Gameshelf (http://gameshelf.jmac.org)

Comment

I have no idea what to do today or what games to play tonight;

Think I will just lie on sofa and snooze through a movie

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                  I have no idea what to do today or what games to play tonight;

Think I will just lie on sofa and snooze through a movie
                  Sick life.

Comment

Zod, how would Werewolf be used as a drinking game?

How would you incorporate the drinking aspect!?
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

anyone have links to free poker training videos re mtts

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                        trying to download all the tunes on here http://www.smallhours.fm/

using jdownloader, but can only seem to download one at a time, is there any way to grab everything thats on the page in one go without having to go into each individual one?

tried link grabber and adding url but it doesnt find it.
                        bumpage for daytimers

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                          Fastforward to 01:20.Can you imagine doing this with a load of IPBers hanging around? There'd be no end to the embarassing camera phone pictures and filming.
                          <burgerking.jpg>
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Would anyone care to dissaude me from my opinion that Obama @8/11 is the Lock of The Year? My opnion is based on the historic records of incumbents going for re-election, especially Dem ones (Carter only loser since for ever) and also the relative weakness of the current crop of Republican (not one electable candidate imo) putative candidates. Not to mention the total disarray apparent in the GOP.

in fact, scrub that, you can get the Dems @8/11 to win the presidency which I suppose covers us in the event of Obama dying

maximum lumpage imo. I intend to get enough on to cover a nice family holiday in 2013.

I'd look into american forums first. From what my sister has told me(she's been in America for 5 years or so) that Obama isn't that popular over there now. He's not done a great job on the economy and has gotten shown alot of in-experience while in the white house.

it's actually an interesting political dynamic over there at the moment with the Tea Partiers and the 'we are the 99%' crew, if ever there was a year for a third candidate, this is it.

the Tea Party have succeeded in making the Republicans unelectable as any putative candidate has to defend their rear by taking extreme positions that are unattractive to ~80% of the populace.

I'd say the White House is greatly enjoying the GOP primaries. Romney is wholly unelectable - doesn't excite the GOP base, is a Mormon and just look where he made his very large fortune. Santorum is a flash in the pan and Gingrich is, well, Gingrich. The only guy they were afraid of is Huntsman who's clever, worldly and pragmatic (so much so that Obama gave him a job) - naturally he's coming in last.

Do you mean unelectable in that republicans won't give him the chance or unelectable by the American people in general? I think the Republicans will jump on any band-wagon if they think he will get elected and he's shown enough for centre and even slight democrates that he's not a crazy right wing nut so I think if given the chance he could do very well. Hardcore republicans will hate him but they'll always vote him ahead of Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Obama fan here, but devils advocate case would be that despite basically everything falling perfectly into place for him in 2008 (great campaign, momentum, novelty value, crap opponent, Sarah Palin) he only managed 52.9% of the vote (though the 'lectrical colleges was 365 to 173).

He won some traditional red states by an even lesser percentage margin.
                              There is no good case for him winning any extra states above 2008, so its a case of seeing where he'll lose.
                              Virginia (13 votes), North Carolina (15), Indiana (11) and Florida (27) are very likely to go back red (fairly unheard of to vote twice in a row for Dem in the likes of Indiana) which brings it theoretically down to 299 v 239.

Somewhere like Ohio with its 20 votes now becomes absolutely fucking mega important. 51.5% for Obama here last time means its a vulnerable now, and its the sort of place where the election will be won and lost.

8/11 is prob fair value but its no rick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...n,_2008#Result
                              On the plus side, there are 4 extra years of young people who can now vote this time around that couldn't before, 18-21/22.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                Zod, how would Werewolf be used as a drinking game?

How would you incorporate the drinking aspect!?
                                sorry, it's the nut game to play while drinking.

Comment

As ArmaniJeans noted, it is actually all down to the 'swing' states - Obama has California, New York, etc... locked up and whoever his opponent is will have Texas and a variety of red states locked up. The popular vote just doesn't matter - this will be close regardless I think - it's down to the electoral colleges. And I think some of the 'red states' such as Texas and others in the sun belt have increased electoral votes this time around due to increased populations; might be mistaken on this though.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                    I would have thought the water was a given anyway, regardless of how many were on the raft? I think the point of it was that most people would say "how do I survive out here" but they wanted people to ask "how will I be saved out here".

They are all a load of shite anyway.

The girl with the big tits normally gets the job.
                                    I'm just thinking of what gets the number 1. Water pretty much makes it there for me 99% of the time unless there is a large crew in which case even the paltry fluids you have will be insufficient to survive for very long so the mirror's value shoots up in relation to the other materials. The alcohol, in a group situation, is actually really quite valuable too for all sorts of reasons.
                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Obama fan here, but devils advocate case would be that despite basically everything falling perfectly into place for him in 2008 (great campaign, momentum, novelty value, crap opponent, Sarah Palin) he only managed 52.9% of the vote (though the 'lectrical colleges was 365 to 173).

He won some traditional red states by an even lesser percentage margin.
                                      There is no good case for him winning any extra states above 2008, so its a case of seeing where he'll lose.
                                      Virginia (13 votes), North Carolina (15), Indiana (11) and Florida (27) are very likely to go back red (fairly unheard of to vote twice in a row for Dem in the likes of Indiana) which brings it theoretically down to 299 v 239.

Somewhere like Ohio with its 20 votes now becomes absolutely fucking mega important. 51.5% for Obama here last time means its a vulnerable now, and its the sort of place where the election will be won and lost.

8/11 is prob fair value but its no rick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...n,_2008#Result
                                      sure, sure....but you don't mention his opponents at all

this is the weakest GOP field ever.

The population has to vote for someone and they aren't going to get excited about Romney (who is the most electable of a bad bunch and has the most cash to splash)
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                        Crystal Palace have lost only two of their last 30 League Cup matches at Selhurst Park, winning 24 of them. They are 2/1 to beat Cardiff tonight Shirley they're worth a tickle?
                                        not too sure about that tbh.
                                        theres a virus going through the team an d they wont know whos available till 5pm.
                                        freedman was on ssn this morning saying how it was just making his players weak and how they havent been able to train together since the derby game .

draw is value i think

Comment

Originally posted by The Rigger View Post
                                          On the plus side, there are 4 extra years of young people who can now vote this time around that couldn't before, 18-21/22.
                                          and this is different to every other presidential election how?

Comment

Anyone here looking for employment as a software technical analyst? Position just opened up in my workplace with a juicy 1k bonus for a staff member that finds a suitable applicant

Comment

You could also break the mirror to make shards of glass with which to kill your crew for eating purposes or to make the water last longer.

The shards would still serve a purpose to reflect the sun.

Easy game.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                As ArmaniJeans noted, it is actually all down to the 'swing' states - Obama has California, New York, etc... locked up and whoever his opponent is will have Texas and a variety of red states locked up. The popular vote just doesn't matter - this will be close regardless I think - it's down to the electoral colleges. And I think some of the 'red states' such as Texas and others in the sun belt have increased electoral votes this time around due to increased populations; might be mistaken on this though.
                                                Florida is the most important of all, closely followed by Ohio

Comment

It depends who the Republicans actually go for. If, on some alternative planet, Santorum actually comes through Super Tuesday then Obama is a mortal lock to be re-elected. Santorum doesn't even have to get the nomination, he just has to stay in it long enough to force Romney further to his right. Romney = the Republican John Kerry and will get crushed in a general, particularly if he gets forced into the arms of the Tea Party/Bachmannites to get the nomination. Don't doubt even for one second that Romney won't pick a redder than red, dyed in the wool, Jesus loving, flag waving, Obama hating conservative as his running mate to secure the South where they barely see a difference between him and Obama.

The Republican nomination process is actually thoroughly fascinating because all the real big hitters are waiting for 4 years from now and many of them don't want a Republican to win because they're timing their run for 2016 and know they can't challenge an incumbent. Look at the pathetic support for Kerry in 2004 from genuine Democrat heavyweights to see what I mean. He was so strapped for support he got Obama to make a speech at the nominating convention that essentially gave him the national profile he needed to stage a run 4 years later. Obama was so good it made Kerry look bad. Do not be surprised to see the same happen with the Republicans.

Obviously from a political theatre perspective a straight floor fight at the convention would be immense.

The stats about Obama's figures in 2008 aren't really reflective of how this election will play out. Conservatives refused to vote for Obama for the most part but swing voters liked McCain a lot and he had far far more experience than Obama did at the time. Red State voters still hate Obama but all the experience issues are gone and none of the likely candidates for the Republicans are going to appeal to moderates.

I really can't see past Obama for the re-elect.
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

sure, sure....but you don't mention his opponents at all
                                                    They are hardly worth mentioning as you say.

Romney clearly doesn't excite very much but he's a relatively flaw free candidate ('Better Morman than Muslim' could be a carbanner slogan to nullify his major problem).
                                                    Election will probably be more on the merits/demerits of Obama anyway.

Comment

Election will probably be more on the merits/demerits of Obama anyway.
                                                      doesn't work like that and they would slaughter Romney as a serial flip-flopper (the worst of all insults in American politics), not to mention evil venture capitalist

Comment

Here are the official answers:

(These are the official answers as given by the U.S. Merchant Marines in their recruit training)

Answers

_12_ Sextant (No good without the chronometer)
                                                        _1 _ Shaving Mirror (Perfect for signaling passing aircraft)
                                                        _3 _ Five-gallon can of water (Can only survive app. 3 days without
                                                        water)
                                                        _14_ Mosquito netting (There are no mosquitoes that far out at
                                                        sea and moquito netting does not make a great fish net)
                                                        _4 _ One case of U.S. Army “C” rations (Better than nothing – you
                                                        have to eat)
                                                        _13 _ Maps of the Pacific Ocean ( You likely don’t know where you are so a map will only tell you where you aren’t)
                                                        _8 _ Seat Cushion (flotation device approved by the Coast Guard)
                                                        (Useful for saving people if they fall overboard)
                                                        _2 _ Two-gallon can of oil-gas mixture (Mixture will float on the
                                                        water and burn, good for signaling planes at night)
                                                        _15 _ Small transistor radio (Not a two-way radio, will not be able
                                                        to get a station that far out to sea)
                                                        _11 _ Shark repellent (Self explanatory)
                                                        _6 _ Twenty square feet of opaque plastic (Good for covering up and
                                                        keeping warm, also good for collecting water –
                                                        condensation)
                                                        _10_ One quart of 160-proof Puerto Rican rum (Alcohol makes you
                                                        dehyrdrate – DO NOT DRINK – use for cleaning wounds
                                                        etc.)
                                                        _9 _ Fifteen feet of nylon rope (Rope is always good)
                                                        _5 _ Two boxes of chocolate bars (Good energy source if desperate)
                                                        _7 _ Fishing kit (The fish are likely quite deep but the contents
                                                        are very handy)

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                          Don't doubt even for one second that Romney won't pick a redder than red, dyed in the wool, Jesus loving, flag waving, Obama hating conservative as his running mate to secure the South where they barely see a difference between him and Obama.
                                                          heh, McCain tried that stunt too (with the maddest of them all)!

wait until Mormonism becomes the main topic of debate, that will be great entertainment altogether.

wonder if there's spread markets available on the amount of electoral college votes Obama will win?

Comment

Pretty certain it's the first time this has occurred.

Obviously Dems do better with the youths regardless but there was a record turn out for younger voters and they voted for Obama almost 70%.
                                                            Obviously older people still got older, etc.
                                                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 10-01-12, 15:15.

Comment

Obama has a large appeal within youth demographics, more so than most other previous candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                bumpage for daytimers
                                                                Just use the podcast link that is on the page.

Comment

well just spent last 45 mins gathering up hen/duck and goose eggs or is that geese eggs

now have pleasant task of washing shit off them

so much for nowt to do ............

Comment

well just spent last 45 mins gathering up hen/duck and goose eggs or is that geese eggs

6 tables and a naggin stat. You're becoming dangerously un-degenerate.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      Here are the official answers:
                                                                      If you are trying to find land the radio is top of that part of the list.
                                                                      Find the strongest AM signal could be >500 miles and travel at right angles to the line of the Ferrite core and you heading straight towards the nearest radio transmitter.

Comment

Tip: Dont put them all in one basket.
                                                                        I learned that the hard way.

Comment

anyone any suggestions on where to bring the gf on holiday around mid march ?

Comment

This weekend we decided to organize the bookcase. It got a little out of hand.

Comment

Prediction; by November every American will have seen this photo 100 times

GL explaining that one Mitt, especially up against someone who embodies the American Dream

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                Vegas? My GF loves the place almost as much as I do, I would suspect many will feel the same once they see it isn't all gambling...

Seafield Hotel in Wexford is a nice place to go with the GF as well, if you fancy somewhere close.

Or someplace in between the two extremes maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                  Lake Bled/Ljubljana/Prague/Barcelona

Comment

Prediction; by November every American will have seen this photo 100 times

GL explaining that one Mitt, especially up against someone who embodies the American Dream
                                                                                    Everyone has a picture that they'd prefer never existed - quick, someone post up the Facebook picture of that young Fine Gael candidate on a night out with the girls, which may have scuppered her chances of election!

Comment

Everyone has a picture that they'd prefer never existed - quick, someone post up the Facebook picture of that young Fine Gael candidate on a night out with the girls, which may have scuppered her chances of election!
                                                                                      Go on then.
                                                                                      SPOILER

Comment

eh, she got elected comfortably

Comment

Perhaps Mitt should try a similar stunt, a jovial photo of one of his frat boy chums cupping his balls on a night out.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                            Anyone here looking for employment as a software technical analyst? Position just opened up in my workplace with a juicy 1k bonus for a staff member that finds a suitable applicant
                                                                                            I am,would you need to be trained and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rigger View Post
                                                                                              Perhaps Mitt should try a similar stunt, a jovial photo of one of his frat boy chums cupping his balls on a night out.
                                                                                              Mormons don't be up to that kind of crack

polygamy is more their gig

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                Dom id bring a few copies of my CV and some paper etc in my folio going to an interview. Id also have some questions written out to ask but wouldnt refer to the list except to confirm at the end of the meeting that I had asked all of my questions. It shows preperation without distracting or looking like some sort of prop or crutch.

If the meeting was a free flowing conversation I might not even open my folio.
                                                                                                This is pretty much what I did. I had to hand in a form anyhow, so was the easiest option. Went ok I think, but hard to tell. Should find out soon anyhow.

Comment

what's the qualifications/salary?

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Feetmagic, do you work in Accenture?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        This is pretty much what I did. I had to hand in a form anyhow, so was the easiest option. Went ok I think, but hard to tell. Should find out soon anyhow.

Did you tell them you were a bid deal on the internet??

Comment

eh, she got elected comfortably
                                                                                                          Really?!!! Wow, the good voters of Kildare should be patted on the back for their open-mindedness when it comes to electing hot young women - we should continue in this vein and become a second Italy, electing models and then porn stars, will make Leinster House a slightly more interesting place I'd bet

Comment

On at least 6 separate occasions today, apropos of thing, I have started thinking about that genie who would only let you make wishes which pertained to Joey Barton.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                              Tip: Dont put them all in one basket.
                                                                                                              I learned that the hard way.
                                                                                                              actually its a large bucket with crunched paper and plastic bags on base

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                On at least 6 separate occasions today, apropos of thing, I have started thinking about that genie who would only let you make wishes which pertained to Joey Barton.
                                                                                                                A Joey Barton fetish? Different strokes I guess.....
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Anybody here in Insurance ?. Brother has been away for 2 years, full license has been driving 2ltr turbos for at least 6 years. Last insurance company axa was insured for four years with them and now they wont even insure him on said cars as all driving history is now gone?. Is theyre any law behind that? Hes 31 years old and cant even get a quote on a 2ltr?wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                    PM sent.
                                                                                                                    Send one to me too for the craic. May be something I'm interested in.

Comment

How easy is it to get green in Berlin?
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        How easy is it to get green in Berlin?
                                                                                                                        English language information service for Berlin and its international community: residents, tourists, business people, diplomats, students, backpackers, loveparaders

Comment

For Raoul's amusement
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X