Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an effort to get some badly needed excercise and fitness into my life I have decided to take up a bit of road running - well road jogging/walking at the moment. Went out this evening and done only a little over 2 miles. Felt like my heart was gonna come out through my chest after it.

Obv I'm extremely unfit so its gonna take a while, but for those who are into this stuff, does 4 or 5 x 30 min sessions a week to start sound okay? Mixing running/jogging/walking, with less of the walking hopefully as I go. How long before I begin to move from hating every second of it to actually tolerating it, then maybe even liking it?

Will probably start some form of log once I get this initial get into some sort shape bit out of the way

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      In an effort to get some badly needed excercise and fitness into my life I have decided to take up a bit of road running - well road jogging/walking at the moment. Went out this evening and done only a little over 2 miles. Felt like my heart was gonna come out through my chest after it.

Obv I'm extremely unfit so its gonna take a while, but for those who are into this stuff, does 4 or 5 x 30 min sessions a week to start sound okay? Mixing running/jogging/walking, with less of the walking hopefully as I go. How long before I begin to move from hating every second of it to actually tolerating it, then maybe even liking it?

Will probably start some form of log once I get this initial get into some sort shape bit out of the way
      Before the wedding I was making trips up to my brother's gym in Belfast. At the beginning I was also ridic unfit & I'm asthmatic so he had to break me in comfortably.
      He actually had me jogging for a minute then walking for 2, jog 1, walk 2 etc etc on the treadmill to start off with, obv you could do that on the road just the same.

Over time it became a 1:1 ratio instead of 1:2 & the slow jog worked up to a decent pace although never a sprint
      Honestly, I felt fitter after about 2 weeks & my treadmill sessions were never more than 20-30 mins.
      . .

Comment

Comment

lol at the crowd near the ESPN pitch side studio

"Talking shit on ESPN, Talking Shit on ESPN" and "Robbie Savage is a wanker" clearly audible as they came back from an ad break

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
            Thanks man.

Can I ask, where did you find accommodation?
            would have been in history but wiped now, it's some german site so can't remember exactly
            will ask some of my friends on facebook there, will be able to tell ya whenever she one of them replies
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              EE - While you're here, you've seen more of Junior Hoilett than me, so what's your opinion? He's looked pretty decent from what I've seen, and I seem to remember you raving about him a year or so ago. You resigned to losing him in the summer at the latest I presume? Would you expect Blackburn to accept a 6-8m offer this window or risk losing his for nothing in the summer?
              Hoilett is really talented and could make a huge impact at the right club, I'm just not sure he has the hunger or the head for it though. He has serious pace and is very good with the ball at his feet. Of late though he has been lazy at times and doesn't get back. He still hasn't decided what country he is going to play for, he kept saying he would be signing a new contract with Rovers but never did. I don't blame him for not wanting to sign a new contract with Rovers but its the way he went about putting it off instead of just coming out and saying he wasn't signing and he has used a similar approach to an international career too.

I think its likely he will leave England in the summer because he goes on a free outside England whereas Premier League clubs have to pay for him. He spent a couple of years in Germany at St. Pauli on loan and I believe he liked the place a lot and it took some convincing to get him to sign a contract when Allardyce was with Rovers and it was only a short one in the end.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Handy wee app i use for tracking your run/cycle via gps

" Record your workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned, and route traveled on an interactive map"

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                  Before the wedding I was making trips up to my brother's gym in Belfast. At the beginning I was also ridic unfit & I'm asthmatic so he had to break me in comfortably.
                  He actually had me jogging for a minute then walking for 2, jog 1, walk 2 etc etc on the treadmill to start off with, obv you could do that on the road just the same.

Over time it became a 1:1 ratio instead of 1:2 & the slow jog worked up to a decent pace although never a sprint
                  Honestly, I felt fitter after about 2 weeks & my treadmill sessions were never more than 20-30 mins.
                  Nice one Cat. Been at something similar, although doing rough distances jogging/walking. Probably about 1:1 at the moment though, could explain feeling like some poor cunt from Aliens once I got home

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                    would have been in history but wiped now, it's some german site so can't remember exactly
                    will ask some of my friends on facebook there, will be able to tell ya whenever she one of them replies
                    Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by D3kka View Post
                      http://www.mapmyrun.com/imapmy/

Handy wee app i use for tracking your run/cycle via gps

" Record your workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned, and route traveled on an interactive map"
                      Yep, used that today. Hopefully in a couple of months I can lol heartily at my current 'runs'

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                        Wow this is great news.

Netflix Ireland has launched and are currently offering 1 month free trial - www.netflix.com

Probably of interest to a lot of BA users, Netflix Ireland has launched today. Unlimited streaming costs €6.99.

Opr
                        Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                        I really like the idea of netflix despite being someone who downloads shit with reckless abandon, looks like they'd need to seriously improve the library to make it a worthwhile investment though. I understand the US one has an absolutely huge selection, if it could get to those levels it'd be an interesting one alright.

Bonus points though for the fact that when I clicked on popular picks 'Rounders' was the first movie it came up with
                        Fairely impressed with it so far. Pity the TV shows are not more up to date, though if they can keep the price at €7 a month, it's not bad just for the convenience of it.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Mate posted this on Fb, U12 game madness

''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                          I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Get a decent pair of running shoes Kev. In theory it should always be hard if you are looking to train properly but a very good starting point and highly recommended is the Couch to 5k programme. Google that.

As always any questions send me a pm or whatever!
                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

liveonlinefooty will be open to new sign ups on Thursday for anyone interested that has wanted to get access for a while now. It is normally not open to new signups. 9am-11pm.

In other news, I thought my new mattress would be delivered today, but alas not. It is due to be delivered tomorrow morning though as I got a call today about it. Definitely the most interesting thing happening me tomorrow, and I've got a job interview in the afternoon.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  Get a decent pair of running shoes Kev. In theory it should always be hard if you are looking to train properly but a very good starting point and highly recommended is the Couch to 5k programme. Google that.

Ya, went into the local sports shop that does a lot of running stuff in there and got the guy to recommend a few pairs. They seem okay so far on a very small sample lol.

Will check out that site, cheers. PM's to follow for sure

Comment

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton
                                    "If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!"

Comment

c25k program the way to go. Excellent iPhone app to guide U and U can even program in ur own music if U want.

Comment

Welcome Thierry. The game is set up for you

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                          Mate posted this on Fb, U12 game madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=26Ju8-AzH6I
                                          I seen this posted in another thread. It's pure madness. The poor Spurs u12 lads must have been shitting themselves.

6 minutes in is just amazeballs!

Opr

Comment

Henry time
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppppp pp!

Comment

He obv had to score
                                                . .

Comment

Was onto Boyles support only 15 mins ago to ask could they give me a price for Henry first scorer & Henry 1-0 but they couldn't offer either

Comment

Legend.

Comment

Just wtched the NFL highlights vid, have absolutely no clue what's going on, but was still excited by it anyway.

With all the love it's getting in here, I think I'm gonna investigate further.

One question, how come Tebow is getting all the love everywhere (not just here) for beating the Steelers and there seems to be no love for Thomas?

Surely catching, out pacing a defence and scoring a TD deserves some credit?

Is it cause he is black?
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

VIETNAM VISA AND FLIGHTS SORTED.

Leaving next Tuesday morning arriving Wednesday in Hanoi.

Quite excited. Not sure what to expect really. Should be an interesting few months and a good adventure.
                                                        My friend is flying out there tomorrow - dubai for a month then going to an irish bar were he's being trained up to run it. i THINK its hanoi he's going to

keep in touch when you get out there anyways!

have a super time steve

Ps- Terry Henry! what a man
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Comment

Took Thierry 5mins to do what Chamakh has been trying all season

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              Just wtched the NFL highlights vid, have absolutely no clue what's going on, but was still excited by it anyway.

With all the love it's getting in here, I think I'm gonna investigate further.

One question, how come Tebow is getting all the love everywhere (not just here) for beating the Steelers and there seems to be no love for Thomas?

Surely catching, out pacing a defence and scoring a TD deserves some credit?

Is it cause he is black?

Because it's Tim Tebow. There has been this ridiculous OTT hype thats surronded him so whatever Denver do Tebow will get the credit. He's still a terrible QB though and that's one thing that has stayed consistent through this Tebow situation.

Comment

Henry man of the match lol

Comment

I posted in a thread in teh Theory section about a day ago and now ther eis no sign of the thread. It was a standard "should I should AJ with 15bbs when folded to me on button" job but just wondering is it usual for threads to be deleted and if so who can delete them?

Comment

ahhh mannnn so happy just shipped ept deauville package!!!

great dramas hu in the 3x... was zilch for 2nd and 7.5k package up top.

i got villian covered, just about...he ships into me and i snap with the ak. he got 44s.

4 in frickin window and im cursing and punchin monitor....next thing i get shipped pot + package(runner runner straight)

Comment

fuck the bbv curse, 1 time braga plz!!!
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                        I posted in a thread in teh Theory section about a day ago and now ther eis no sign of the thread. It was a standard "should I should AJ with 15bbs when folded to me on button" job but just wondering is it usual for threads to be deleted and if so who can delete them?
                                                                        Could you of clicked preview instead of submit and thought it was gone up - has happened me before

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                          Fairely impressed with it so far. Pity the TV shows are not more up to date, though if they can keep the price at €7 a month, it's not bad just for the convenience of it.
                                                                          Yep quite happy with it I really must say - has immediately won the housemates over, quick flick through and they end up throwing Dazed & Confused, and we're now stuck into Season 1 of Californication.

On the downside, I've missed about 14 episodes of Friends that I've only seen seven or eight times

Comment

Did you start the thread Rory? If not can you remember who did? I'll have a look and see if I can find it. It would be unusual for a thread to be deleted for sure

Comment

What hand ball!?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                ahhh mannnn so happy just shipped ept deauville package!!!

great dramas hu in the 3x... was zilch for 2nd and 7.5k package up top.

i got villian covered, just about...he ships into me and i snap with the ak. he got 44s.

4 in frickin window and im cursing and punchin monitor....next thing i get shipped pot + package(runner runner straight)
                                                                                Leave something for the rest of us ffs!

Well done, epic run you're on fair play.
                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

lol Henry was leading the MOTM poll before he even went on the pitch

Comment

Did you start the thread Rory? If not can you remember who did? I'll have a look and see if I can find it. It would be unusual for a thread to be deleted for sure
                                                                                    No I didnt start it just commented on it. Just found it strange it was gone.

Comment

Funny signs supporting gay marriage.

Comment

Also just got my PS3 set up with the worldwideweb. add me for game of Madden 12

rbdowntown

Comment

No I didnt start it just commented on it. Just found it strange it was gone.
                                                                                          Strange, I've checked all the theory forums and there's no deleted threads even going back as far as the start of December.

Can you remember anything else about it? Who started it, thread title? Would help me search for it

Comment

Strange, I've checked all the theory forums and there's no deleted threads even going back as far as the start of December.

Can you remember anything else about it? Who started it, thread title? Would help me search for it
                                                                                            Rory going senile imo.

lol at the thought of any us even going into the theory forum in the first place, never mind randomly deleting a thread.

Comment

This one? http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=12472

Comment

Quick one for people. Some suggested to me that it might be a good idea to bring a notepad and pen into a job interview in order scribble down important points of questions to ensure you answer what was asked of you. This had never occurred to me, but it is years since I've done a proper interview. BBV thoughts on this strategy?

Comment

TY just couldnt find it! fully senile

Comment

TY just couldnt find it! fully senile
                                                                                                    checking how many thanks you got?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                      checking how many thanks you got?
                                                                                                      nah, after my anymorejokes photoshop wasnt knuckle deep in thanks Iv lost interest....but got a few there alright

Comment

Also just got my PS3 set up with the worldwideweb. add me for game of Madden 12

rbdowntown
                                                                                                        Dont you have to pay for being on line with madden?
                                                                                                        ill play you at some stage

Quick one for people. Some suggested to me that it might be a good idea to bring a notepad and pen into a job interview in order scribble down important points of questions to ensure you answer what was asked of you. This had never occurred to me, but it is years since I've done a proper interview. BBV thoughts on this strategy?
                                                                                                        i wouldnt imagine the person being interviewed should have a pen and paper
                                                                                                        imo
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Sounds very 20th Century. Bring an Ipad, and sure if it starts to go badly just fire up some porn.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                            imo
                                                                                                            Yeah, sounds a bit like keeping notes during live poker

Had to google Madden 12. Not nearly as interesting as my previous BBV googles of 'on the plop', and 'fandango'.
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                              imo
                                                                                                              it wouldn't be something that would have occurred to me either, but I can see why there may be some advantages to it, as it may show an attention to detail, and commitment to focus on the important aspects, rather than just relying on memory. The downside may be that they might find it odd if they are not familiar with it, and you may be too busy writing to listen properly.

Comment

Definitely a no no IMO. From my experience interviewers don't want you to bring in any sort of props unless they ask you to.
                                                                                                                In an interview they like to see that you're listening, processing what's said and answering through no other tools than your mind. You wouldn't use a notepad and pen in a normal conversation and despite the formal aspect of an interview what is looked for is a casual get to know (at the level of my experience anyway)

Comment

Hmm, I've never thought much about the pros and cons of bringing a pen and paper into an interview, but I certainly always do it for 'real' interviews (i.e. interviews with the employer that are more than just exploratory), always have a good few questions ready.

Comment

Bet you regret asking the question now 5star.

Comment

I think its a good idea though when you are as old as me it might look as if you have the list because there is no other hope of remembering all the questions you want to ask
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                        Bet you regret asking the question now 5star.
                                                                                                                        Not at all. It'd be better if they were unanimous, but still good to get opinions of others. If I don't get it I won't be too upset anyhow, but I'm certainly not going to let that stop me trying to get it.

Comment

Depends hugely on the role imo. And what type of interview it is. Personally have always had a folder/sleeve etc with copies of CV and some blank pages, any questions about the position that weren't immediately clear from the job description/initial screening and a pen in the pocket in order to make notes or to do any of the problems given.

(That being said, most interviews I've ever done have required displaying quantitative reasoning and it would be pretty much expected that you were to complete some math problems to do so.)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X