This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly through the first series of this

Beautiful intro to the 70s TV show. Please see my interpretation of this in my videos...

Only had the vaguest memories of watching it first time 'round and it's really impressed me so far. Didn't realize 'sitcoms' had a story arc back then. Well worth acquiring http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fall-Rise-Re...9558684&sr=8-1
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
      Here's a mix for anyone who might be kicking back with a beer and enjoying the summer evening - 60s soul, 70s funk, 80s electro, 90s house and some other stuff which i don't have a genre name for (like French girl pop, indie-electronic pop... or something...)

All vinyl - so some volume adjustment may be necessary and forgive the clicks and pops.

Link here: http://www.djmixtape.net/dl.php?m=7347

and scroll to the bottom of the page for download or stream options.

Tracklist:

Man or Astroman? – Stereo Phase Test
      Tom Scott - Gotcha (Theme from Starsky & Hutch)
      Famous George – Last Night
      Julian Covey - Sweet Bacon
      Kid Koala – Nerdball
      Sly & The Family Stone – If You Want Me To Stay
      Fancy – Feel Good
      Jimmy Caster – The Return of Leroy Part 1
      Ocean – Put Your Hand In The Hand
      Egyptian Lover – Egypt Egypt
      Moodymann – I Can’t Kick This Feeling When It Hits
      Shit Robot – Wrong Galaxy
      Missy Elliott – Lose Control (Jaques Le Cont mix)
      Max Tundra – The Entertainment
      Sukpatch - Stuck On Me
      April March - Chick Habit
      We The People – Free Information
      Herbie Mann – Our Mann Flint
      The Meters – Come Together
      Really liking this
      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        good takeaway option for tallaght?
        Borza

Comment

Cher Llyod's new single

It's called 'Swagger Jagger' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG...ature=youtu.be

god help us
          Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-07-11, 22:33.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
            Nearly through the first series of this

Only had the vaguest memories of watching it first time 'round and it's really impressed me so far. Didn't realize 'sitcoms' had a story arc back then. Well worth acquiring http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fall-Rise-Re...9558684&sr=8-1
            Unfortunately it tails off badly about halfway through the second series, and the third series is a shambles. All imo.

Martin Clunes did a modern adaptation of it recently, think theres been two series of 6 episodes. I think its quite good.

Comment

reaction:

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Unfortunately it tails off badly about halfway through the second series, and the third series is a shambles. All imo.

Martin Clunes did a modern adaptation of it recently, think theres been two series of 6 episodes. I think its quite good.
                  I'll have to get back to you on that. Though it's more likely I've only seen bits of the last series when it was orignally broadcast. Really avoiding the remake.

Fucking hate all remakes in general. Remake something that was shite in the first place. Not something you love or admire. /general opinion
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cher Llyod's new single

It's called 'Swagger Jagger' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG...ature=youtu.be

god help us
                    She'd still get it though

Comment

Cher Llyod's new single

god help us
                      Ban, deletion of post, and hushing up by mods anytime Deadparrots banning is mentioned and PMs are requested imo. Thats shocking stuff

Comment

Fake?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I loved the original and thought it was brilliant but when they moved away from the relationship between Reginald and CJ it just wasn't as good.

Loved the other show that Rossiter done too, the one where he is a landlord, can't remember the name of it right now.
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Calzone has arrived

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                              I loved the original and thought it was brilliant but when they moved away from the relationship between Reginald and CJ it just wasn't as good.

Loved the other show that Rossiter done too, the one where he is a landlord, can't remember the name of it right now.
                              Rising Damp - really like this, think it's generally less hit and miss than Reggie Perrin.

Comment

That's Cher Lloyd is complete shit. I'm actually dumber for having watched that video. Swagger fucking Jagger.
                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Betfair support really annoys me. I rang them tonight about the lack of handicap markets for soccer games. The guy tells me they do Asian hanicaps but I explain I prefer regular handicap markets. He then tells me they don't do them and have never done them which is untrue as I've done them before on there. I asked him why they don't do them and got no reason only that they do Asian handicaps.

You never get any reason from them for anything. If they make a mistake they don't apologise ever. They have an excellent product but it comes across sometimes that they know that and don't actually give a toss for the customer.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Paddypower will be screening the Copa America games. I'm guessing you need to punt on them to watch.

I couldn't find anything to bet on in the Argie game either, but I will do in running if I stay up.

New thread for Copa America betting:

Comment

Betfair support really annoys me. I rang them tonight about the lack of handicap markets for soccer games. The guy tells me they do Asian hanicaps but I explain I prefer regular handicap markets. He then tells me they don't do them and have never done them which is untrue as I've done them before on there. I asked him why they don't do them and got no reason only that they do Asian handicaps.

You never get any reason from them for anything. If they make a mistake they don't apologise ever. They have an excellent product but it comes across sometimes that they know that and don't actually give a toss for the customer.
                                      Asian Handicaps are WAYYY better than normal handicaps. Also they are pretty much the same thing for ones around evens
                                      -2.5 is the same as -2 in the bookies
                                      the current line is 2.75
                                      Which would mean if argentina win by 3 you would win half your bet.
                                      If you bet this way you keep the bets near the even money line. I cant see why youd want to bet on a different handicap

If betfair offered other "alternative" handicap lines, they wouldnt get any liquidity, except for with massive margins and back at bad prices. Also, backing alternative handicaps, or any handicaps in soccer with the bookie are always at a terrible price.
                                      Yes they offer the service of these other handicaps but kill you with their over round

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      Paddypower will be screening the Copa America games. I'm guessing you need to punt on them to watch.

I couldn't find anything to bet on in the Argie game either, but I will do in running if I stay up.

New thread for Copa America betting:
                                      http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...799#post355799
                                      Its on setanta and ESPN
                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Calzone has arrived

Go to tescos tomorrow and get a couple of their new calzone pizzas stocked for the fridge so you won't be stuck. They're really good.

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                        Couldn't find any real value in the game but had a punt on a peno to be scored in the game at 17/10.
                                        Is this not a really bad price or is a dirty game expected?

I'm looking for a punt to avail of the hopefully good stream on PP.
                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

It's not often that I get stumped by a clock but I have to hand it to the official Copa America site countdown clock:
                                          Visit Ca2011 for more tips and news about business

Comment

I'm spread betting above 10 corners in tonights game. The way the Argentina attack is set up with Lavezzi and Tevez playing wide up front suggest to me that there'll be a high corner count.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Cher Llyod's new single

god help us
                                              Good lord, that's beyond dreadful.
                                              She presumably has little say in things but she could have done so much better.
                                              Personally I wanted to punch her every time I saw her on telly but no doubt there was a market for her that's been completely missed by releasing this shit.

Any word from that boy band lot from last years xfactor? They have potential to make mucho $.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                Go to tescos tomorrow and get a couple of their new calzone pizzas stocked for the fridge so you won't be stuck. They're really good.

Is this not a really bad price or is a dirty game expected?

I'm looking for a punt to avail of the hopefully good stream on PP.

Yeah probably, just wanted an interest and relying on the diving Argies

Comment

It's not often that I get stumped by a clock but I have to hand it to the official Copa America site countdown clock:
                                                  http://www.ca2011.com/
                                                  Lol, guess it's taking the time on our PCs as basetime and comparing it to kickoff time as per South American time.

I did have a mate who got to the age of 19 and his first foreign holiday without any idea that there was different timezones, maybe that south american programmer is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    I'm spread betting above 10 corners in tonights game. The way the Argentina attack is set up with Lavezzi and Tevez playing wide up front suggest to me that there'll be a high corner count.
                                                    I think Bolivia were 10/11 for over 1 corner in the first half.

Comment

Where do you spread bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                        Yeah probably, just wanted an interest and relying on the diving Argies
                                                        9/1 the draw, Bolivia 25/1 ftw.

Can't recall ever seeing any team 25/1 in a footie match.

Kinda make more sense regarding your price on the pen bet. Gl!
                                                        Last edited by dannydiamond; 02-07-11, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                          Asian Handicaps are WAYYY better than normal handicaps. Also they are pretty much the same thing for ones around evens
                                                          -2.5 is the same as -2 in the bookies
                                                          the current line is 2.75
                                                          Which would mean if argentina win by 3 you would win half your bet.
                                                          If you bet this way you keep the bets near the even money line. I cant see why youd want to bet on a different handicap

If betfair offered other "alternative" handicap lines, they wouldnt get any liquidity, except for with massive margins and back at bad prices. Also, backing alternative handicaps, or any handicaps in soccer with the bookie are always at a terrible price.
                                                          Yes they offer the service of these other handicaps but kill you with their over round

Its on setanta and ESPN
                                                          If Betfair had regular handicap markets on soccer there would be great value in them. There is fuck all value in their Asian handicap markets. People are not interested in that. When I was looking around at tonight's game I notice that there was 79k traded in the AH market and 900k traded on regular match betting.

I like markets I can trade out of early if I think I'm getting a good deal. You will never get that on Betfair on an AH market.

Comment

Comment

Arlinton Road- such an ending

Comment

Where do you spread bet?
                                                                Sportingindex.com mainly, very seldom do, huge varience but great if you like a gambool. I'd say rugby punters would have a lot of fun spread betting on points totals in games.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

If Argentina had any kind of defence that really would be some team, doubt it'll be under much pressure tonight mind but still
                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

is MSN back yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                      If Argentina had any kind of defence that really would be some team, doubt it'll be under much pressure tonight mind but still
                                                                      Was just looking at that. Burdisso and Millito might look great in this tournament. Its a lot easier to play there when you have Cambiasso and Mascherano in front of you.

Zanetti has been a class act for years but I'm very surprised to see him picked on that side ahead of Zabaletta. I seen Rojo playing for Estudiantes in the Libertadores but haven't seen him since he went to Russia. He was decent but I'd have thought that Zanetti on that side and Zab on the right would be the lineup. Not that it matters much because they are going to eat Bolivia. I'd love to have a bet on over 4.5 but you just don't know how wound up this Argentinian team is right now.

Edit: Think I'll go in on the over 4.5 after 15 minutes or so.
                                                                      Last edited by eagle eye; 02-07-11, 00:40.

Comment

9/1 the draw, Bolivia 25/1 ftw.

Can't recall ever seeing any team 25/1 in a footie match.

Kinda make more sense regarding your price on the pen bet. Gl!
                                                                        I recall Italy - Moldova in 2005 in a qualification match for the 2006 WC had ridiculous odds like that because I was "buying money" on Italy in that match. I can't recall how big I punted, but I was at a home game the night it was on and everyone was laughing at me for about an hour checking the scoreline because it was 0-0 until the 70th minute, then Moldova equalised, but luckily for me Italy won it in the 86th minute.

I have never lost buying money in football but I haven't done it enough times to statistically expect to. I don't do it anymore.

Comment

Ugh running terribad atm. This is against a huge spewtard.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($89.56)
                                                                          MP ($50)
                                                                          UTG ($69.25)
                                                                          SB ($15.02)
                                                                          Hero (Button) ($60.37)
                                                                          CO ($100.67)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, J
                                                                          3 folds, Hero bets $1.25, 1 fold, BB raises $3.50, Hero calls $2.75

Flop: ($8.25) 2, 4, A (2 players)
                                                                          BB bets $7.84, Hero calls $7.84

Turn: ($23.93) 9 (2 players)
                                                                          BB bets $22.74, Hero calls $22.74

River: ($69.41) 3 (2 players)
                                                                          BB raises to $54.98 (All-In), Hero calls $25.79 (All-In)

Total pot: $120.99

Results:
                                                                          Hero had A, J (one pair, Aces).
                                                                          BB had 5, 10 (straight, five high).
                                                                          Outcome: BB won $147.18

Comment

Was just looking at that. Burdisso and Millito might look great in this tournament. Its a lot easier to play there when you have Cambiasso and Mascherano in front of you.

Zanetti has been a class act for years but I'm very surprised to see him picked on that side ahead of Zabaletta. I seen Rojo playing for Estudiantes in the Libertadores but haven't seen him since he went to Russia. He was decent but I'd have thought that Zanetti on that side and Zab on the right would be the lineup. Not that it matters much because they are going to eat Bolivia. I'd love to have a bet on over 4.5 but you just don't know how wound up this Argentinian team is right now.
                                                                            Well one thing on the side of your bet is that there's such competition up front that they'll keep on pushing for goals to cement their place, and the likely subs Aguero/Higuain/Pastore will do the same to try get a place next game.

Argies side is hugely reliant on Banega to do the business in midfield, won't be an issue today but it's a lot of pressure on his shoulders as the comp progresses if they continue playing this system.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Well one thing on the side of your bet is that there's such competition up front that they'll keep on pushing for goals to cement their place, and the likely subs Aguero/Higuain/Pastore will do the same to try get a place next game.

Argies side is hugely reliant on Banega to do the business in midfield, won't be an issue today but it's a lot of pressure on his shoulders as the comp progresses if they continue playing this system.
                                                                              Yeah it looks very similar to the system that Dunga used in the World Cup with Brazil. A lot better than Maradona's one with no central midfielder to be found anywhere!

Comment

Lavezzi first goalscorer @ 5/1.
                                                                                Mashcherano first goalscorer@ 33/1.
                                                                                Goal between 11th and 20th minute@ 11/5.

A small saver on Bolivia @ 25/1.

Live competitive football, priceless.

Comment

Layed 1.45 on the over 4.5 just now.

Comment

How many corners so far? The Situation looks in for a huge profit tonight by the looks of things.

Comment

How many corners so far? The Situation looks in for a huge profit tonight by the looks of things.
                                                                                      4 in the first ten mins and none since. Weird watching football cheering for corners
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

What's he looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                          What's he looking for?
                                                                                          Anything over 10 is profit. The higher the better though.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Just went in again and layed 1.19 in the over 4.5 market. Surely they are gonna score soon.

Comment

I've gone in again for Bolivia, and for the draw.

i know it's nuts but i'm sensing a wee bit of ref skuldeggery, only small but at big prices.
                                                                                              If Lavezzi scores first i'm out ahead anyway!

Comment

This game is crying out for di maria, too much emphasis on messi to be the creator and finisher atm. Mind you you really couldn't go wrong with any of their subs, must be awesome for a manager to have those kind of options when you need someone to change the match for you
                                                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                  This game is crying out for di maria, too much emphasis on messi to be the creator and finisher atm. Mind you you really couldn't go wrong with any of their subs, must be awesome for a manager to have those kind of options when you need someone to change the match for you
                                                                                                  Banega off Pastore on imo.

Comment

Have the PP stream open in the 'big' window but is there anyway to get a proper size/full screen open?

Alternatively any good streams on veetle or sopcast with English commentary, tried a couple but no joy.

Comment

Magic TV turns feature films, short films, web series, and standalone music videos into visuals that mesmerize, convince & touch your soul.

Comment

Have the PP stream open in the 'big' window but is there anyway to get a proper size/full screen open?

Alternatively any good streams on veetle or sopcast with English commentary, tried a couple but no joy.

Comment

Just to let ye know, djokovic will be the wimbledon champion on sunday assuming nerves don't get to him

Comment

Weaker teams tend to put up more resistance in first group games like North Korea and Swiss against Brazil and Spain in the WC. Argentina just need to relax and be patient and the goals will come. Banega needs help in midfield though. I'd take Masch off for Pastore. Tevez is doing NOTHING up front.

Also anyone have a site with live stats? Think I counted 9 corners but not sure.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

[UQUOTE=The Situation;355894]Weaker teams tend to put up more resistance in first group games like North Korea and Swiss against Brazil and Spain in the WC. Argentina just need to relax and be patient and the goals will come. Banega needs help in midfield though. I'd take Masch off for Pastore. Tevez is doing NOTHING up front.

Also anyone have a site with live stats? Think I counted 9 corners but not sure.[/QUOTE]

9 corners according to my soccer livescores app, looking like a profitable night bar a miracle

Comment

Cher Llyod's new single

god help us
                                                                                                                That is pretty fucking dreadful!
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                  Just to let ye know, djokovic will be the wimbledon champion on sunday assuming nerves don't get to him
                                                                                                                  Lol, assuming nerves dont get to him.

Just to let you know, nerves, injuries, even if a UFO drops into Centre Court, wont stop Nadal winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                                                                                                    She'd still get it though
                                                                                                                    ugh, not from me.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                    Arlinton Road- such an ending
                                                                                                                    Which element? Movie didn't really do it for me, it got pretty hammy as it went on imo.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 02-07-11, 02:08.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Danny Diamond is a genius.

Comment

Nice goal for DannyDiamond!

Comment

Could be the greatest Bolivian upset since my Dad shoved the loots on Che Guevara at 1/12 back in '67.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X