Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
      Nice tuneage at the end of How to Make it in America this week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbYghzgt9IU
      playing Sunday in Whelans

Comment

So on what medical grounds is it viable to abort a fetues (any miss spelling may i have it excused from here on in) and what moral grounds is it judged taht same should happen?
        http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
          So on what medical grounds is it viable to abort a fetues (any miss spelling may i have it excused from here on in) and what moral grounds is it judged taht same should happen?
          How about the grounds that the woman doesnt want a baby at this time in her life ? Yeah, she should have taken contraception but that doesnt always work out.

Medial grounds ? Call me selfish but i dont think i could raise a down syndrome child, if i knew before that child was born, it would be a hard decission but i think i would choose to abort, thats not much i know from a man, not sure how my wife would feel about it, it never came up.

Edit to add:

This pops up every now and then here, from past experience noone will change their views, although i enjoy the debate.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

off the top of my head

medical - where the pregnancy is a significant risk to the mothers health. Or if it has been discovered that the child has some genetic disease that will result in a very short and difficult life e.g. CF

moral - rape/abuse victims who fall pregnant. grey area - where the mother knows in advance she cannot care for the child

Comment

If twits like the wolf pack (lol)aren't gonna drive me to delete the IPB link, fecking abortion debate will, jaysus lads. Don't you want to hear my predictions on the footie the weekend instead? Yes ? ok United to win 3-0 . high noon on Sat get in. Everton to draw with the Pensioners

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  off the top of my head

medical - where the pregnancy is a significant risk to the mothers health. Or if it has been discovered that the child has some genetic disease that will result in a very short and difficult life e.g. CF

moral - rape/abuse victims who fall pregnant. grey area - where the mother knows in advance she cannot care for the child
                  or if bubbleking rode her in coppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    If twits like the wolf pack (lol)aren't gonna drive me to delete the IPB link, fecking abortion debate will, jaysus lads. Don't you want to hear my predictions on the footie the weekend instead? Yes ? ok United to win 3-0 . high noon on Sat get in. Everton to draw with the Pensioners
                    When are heading off to the states ?
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

thats the sterilisation debate

Comment

@Solskjaer, trying to listen to a new album a day. Hit me

Comment

Science would want that fetus !!
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            Songs From the Capeman-Paul Simon.

Fantastic, and a really good back story to it.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              When are heading off to the states ?

10 days , Business class so will arrive twisted. 3 weeks without my woman is taking it toll.
                              There better be a motel right beside the airport or else Flordia will have some breaking news.

Comment

If anyone was watching The Frontline last night and like me you thought you heard Labour TD Ciarán Lynch (guy with the red tie) refer to Pat Kenny as "plank" it can be confirmed by skipping to 34:00 in the following link:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1116366

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  what ole said, can't argue.

although as I mentioned earlier bring it on by Gomez has to be on your playlist at least once.

Comment

what ole said, can't argue.

although as I mentioned earlier bring it on by Gomez has to be on your playlist at least once.
                                    Such a pity is was a flop on broadway, stupid yanks, would have loved to see it performed !
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Such a pity is was a flop on broadway, stupid yanks, would have loved to see it performed !
                                      chimps.

Was practicing old friends the past while, such genius to capture the mood with simple two string plucking . the genius of Paul Simon cannot be overstated imo nothing complicated here , but fk to capture the mood is tough. both can probably sit on a park bench now at 70 soon and sing that just as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPTOY8FrvNw

Comment

on the fone for 5 min and we went from abortion to footie.

hey if fergies ma had had him aborted we'd all be shouting King Kevin from the roof tops. hey bet ye never thou of that.

Comment

chimps.

Was practicing old friends the past while, such genius to capture the mood with simple two string plucking . the genius of Paul Simon cannot be overstated imo nothing complicated here , but fk to capture the mood is tough. both can probably sit on a park bench now at 70 soon and sing that just as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPTOY8FrvNw
                                          Sounds Of Silence was one of the first tapes i bought, fot me into simon and garfunkle.

Ill do kayroo on you now...its called bookends...lol
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Sigh made it through 99.999999% of work before hearing the result.
                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Beginning to get very pissed off with the bad attitude towards Walkers and in particular towards their supreme offering, the Ready Salted crisp.

I was content to put it down to the 'culchie hick element' who generally think that the crisp begins and end with "the package o' taytos" and who don't even realise that Tayto is a brand. The "No Tayters left, give us a package of them King Tayters instead" bumpkins.

But when I read someone as hitherto suave and sophisticated a poster as rounders123 dissing the Walkers Ready Salted, then I am shaken to my core.

God Help You all.

Hail.

Comment

The abortion debate is pointless, both sides will argue the usual and noone will change their minds. It's been done here or in the old place at least once before. Save your energy lads, nothing but bickering can come from it.
                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

[ ] Problem with walkers

[x] Problem with Ready Salted Crisps
                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Sounds Of Silence was one of the first tapes i bought, fot me into simon and garfunkle.

Ill do kayroo on you now...its called bookends...lol

LOL , next you'll be saying lie la lie is called the boxer.

I think my fav Simon Tune is me and Julio (and yours?) , simply because it such a fecking feel good song , similar to the Las there she goes, can't but be in a good mood after those tunes. feck it

below live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtX4qZBdRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrLUTJNF1Y

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      Beginning to get very pissed off with the bad attitude towards Walkers and in particular towards their supreme offering, the Ready Salted crisp.

I was content to put it down to the 'culchie hick element' who generally think that the crisp begins and end with "the package o' taytos" and who don't even realise that Tayto is a brand. The "No Tayters left, give us a package of them King Tayters instead" bumpkins.

But when I read someone as hitherto suave and sophisticated a poster as rounders123 dissing the Walkers Ready Salted, then I am shaken to my core.

God Help You all.

Hail.

They're my fav crisp,I understand the dislike towards them but english cnuts gonna english cnut.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                        They're my fav crisp,I understand the dislike towards them but english cnuts gonna english cnut.

Salt and Lineker ?

anyone who doesn't find this hilarious. FUCK YOU. (got a crisp on my shoulder tonight)

Comment

LOL , next you'll be saying lie la lie is called the boxer.

I think my fav Simon Tune is me and Julio (and yours?) , simply because it such a fecking feel good song , similar to the Las there she goes, can't but be in a good mood after those tunes. feck it

below live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtX4qZBdRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrLUTJNF1Y
                                                          Thats like asking me what my fav Dylan song is...it changes weekly.

This would be up there though.

ANNE L SAID: "I have only discovered 'an American Tune' in the past 2 or 3 years - about time of original article. It certainly has powerful lyrics that don'...
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

God Help You all.

Hail.

sunseed is ghey though

Comment

Salt and Lineker ?

anyone who doesn't find this hilarious. FUCK YOU. (got a crisp on my shoulder tonight)
                                                              I was obviously referring to ready salted.

Let it all out though,chuck in an Andrea Corr or a Liverpool joke if it helps.

Comment

Back from match, just had 3 Big Als Hot & Spicy Goujons, with a sprinking of Birds Eye Mexican Wedges and a packet of Ready Salted for desert.

Realise I'm probably missing out a few vital food groups there, so have 2 cans of beer to hopefully fix any imbalances.

Slightly surprised by the negative attitude to the game here and on boards, (and in the RTE studios from all accounts). Atmosphere was good (45K), felt we played well for most of the match and were the better team. All in the crowd seemed to share that positivity. Guessing it came across worse on TV.
                                                                (McGeady lolbad obviously)

We're no worldbeaters but we are definitely in that group of European sides ranked 9 to 20 who will be scrapping for playoff places in these competitions. I think thats it for us to be honest, we are never going to up there with the big teams (Spain, Germany, England, Holland, Italy, France) who expect to qualify by right.

There are countries like Bulgaria,Belgium,Romania & Austria who used to always qualify for these things in the 80s/90s who've fallen away such that they rarely even threaten a playoff place. For 2 campaigns under Kerr and Stan we looked like going the same way but Trapp has kept us in the mix.

It aint pretty, but I saw enough to be optimistic for the playoffs. Believe.

Comment

Dont play music, but if i remember Simon plays with a Martin, which it seems is up there with the best. I would really like to play the guitar, i should sort out lessons.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I was obviously referring to ready salted.

Let it all out though,chuck in an Andrea Corr or a Liverpool joke if it helps.
                                                                    Danny boy you are too kind.

What have Liverpool and Andrea Corr got in common.? and now bed, nighty :-)

SPOILER
                                                                    I just can't fucking believe either of them

Comment

The abortion debate is pointless, both sides will argue the usual and noone will change their minds. It's been done here or in the old place at least once before. Save your energy lads, nothing but bickering can come from it.
                                                                      I know I shouldnt get into this but I do want to give my views and if im not liked so be it.

When I was 25 I had Chanel my eldest daughter , her dad left me when she was 6 months old , I went completely off the walls , he broke my heart so much so that I tried to commit sucide ( details that I dont want to go into into) my hair fell out and I dropped to 8 stone from 9 and half, it took me 2 full years to get over it.

I had a volatile relationship with my mother and lived alone with her since my parents broke up 4 yrs earlier which also broke my heart as i was an only child. Everything I tried to do with chanel was wrong on her eyes, from feeding to changing, if I then wanted a night out I had to pay her for babysitting, no matter what time I got in , I would have to be up in the morning to look after the baby.

I was also woking 14 miles away , i had no car and would thumb to work and work 12 hour shifts.

when i finally got over that prick, i discovered Es, speed and coke and took a downward spiral , I started going out with another fella who used to sell the Es in the local club, it was a violent relationship and was doomed from the start.

I was on the pill but through either getting sick or whatever found myself pregnant , I was stunned , shocked , devastated and knew without doubt that I couldnt have another baby, my mother would have thrown me out , I would have lost my job, plus I was taking so much shit that god knows what damage i had done.

TBH I just didnt really want another baby, yes I know my reasons were and are totally totally selfish.

so I decided to go to england, I didnt want to tell anyone, the boyfriend wouldnt give me a penny so i saved for 3 weeks and went on my own , i was 8 weeks gone by then, It was hard going on my own and i was scared, when it was done i felt nothing but relief , im sorry for some that find that disgusting but thats how i felt.

I believe abortion should be available here up to a certain point like 8 weeks. it was my choice and the best choice for me at the time,
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Dont play music, but if i remember Simon plays with a Martin, which it seems is up there with the best. I would really like to play the guitar, i should sort out lessons.
                                                                        have a Martin myself, there are 4 lefties in my family. It cost 2k (a lot for me)

I'm not master but have been playing years and I've yet to meet a person who isn't capable to play the guitar competently after a year if they wanted For me I wish I took up the piano, struggle with it techniquewise at the moment frustrating

Comment

There are countries like Bulgaria,Belgium,Romania & Austria who used to always qualify for these things in the 80s/90s who've fallen away such that they rarely even threaten a playoff place. For 2 campaigns under Kerr and Stan we looked like going the same way but Trapp has kept us in the mix.
                                                                          Belgium are the next big thing, they have so many talented young players that it's almost inevitable they will become a force in Europe and world football over the next couple of years.
                                                                          Last edited by dannydiamond; 11-10-11, 23:59.

Comment

Pm sent Michelle.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Calling all crisps Taytos does my head in too. Complete redneck behaviour.
                                                                              If somebody asks me would I like anything in the shop, and I say "a packet of Tayto please". That means "I want a packet of Tayto", not "fucking anything from the crisp section will do, surprise me"

But I don't get the Ready Salted love. I don't dislike them. and when I get to the bottom of the multipack, they get eaten wth out prejudice. But they are third out of the big three.
                                                                              1. Salt n Vinegar
                                                                              2. Cheese n Onion
                                                                              3. Ready Salted

Certain rare or obscure flavours will prob jump in a head of RS in that list too, barbeque, smokey bacon, prawn cocktail. But they aren't all that common do we'll leave that can or worms.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                I know I shouldnt get into this but I do want to give my views and if im not liked so be it.

When I was 25 I had Chanel my eldest daughter , her dad left me when she was 6 months old , I went completely off the walls , he broke my heart so much so that I tried to commit sucide ( details that I dont want to go into into) my hair fell out and I dropped to 8 stone from 9 and half, it took me 2 full years to get over it.

I had a volatile relationship with my mother and lived alone with her since my parents broke up 4 yrs earlier which also broke my heart as i was an only child. Everything I tried to do with chanel was wrong on her eyes, from feeding to changing, if I then wanted a night out I had to pay her for babysitting, no matter what time I got in , I would have to be up in the morning to look after the baby.

I was also woking 14 miles away , i had no car and would thumb to work and work 12 hour shifts.

when i finally got over that prick, i discovered Es, speed and coke and took a downward spiral , I started going out with another fella who used to sell the Es in the local club, it was a violent relationship and was doomed from the start.

I was on the pill but through either getting sick or whatever found myself pregnant , I was stunned , shocked , devastated and knew without doubt that I couldnt have another baby, my mother would have thrown me out , I would have lost my job, plus I was taking so much shit that god knows what damage i had done.

TBH I just didnt really want another baby, yes I know my reasons were and are totally totally selfish.

so I decided to go to england, I didnt want to tell anyone, the boyfriend wouldnt give me a penny so i saved for 3 weeks and went on my own , i was 8 weeks gone by then, It was hard going on my own and i was scared, when it was done i felt nothing but relief , im sorry for some that find that disgusting but thats how i felt.

I believe abortion should be available here up to a certain point like 8 weeks. it was my choice and the best choice for me at the time,
                                                                                Michelle I personaly can never agree to abortion, but i have an 11 yr old daughter and to no end she may come home some nite, and this attitude I have may be tested, I hope not for both our sakes but that day hasn't arrived, thank god.

I must say hearing an actual story from a real life situation has not softened me but maybe made me listen some more.
                                                                                Sorry to hear of your problems in the past and I hope you are in a better place now.

Comment

Armanijeans championing Ready Salted crisps and the Irish football team in consecutive posts, imo two of the most mind numbingly bland things on this planet.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Michelle I personaly can never agree to abortion, but i have an 11 yr old daughter and to no end she may come home some nite, and this attitude I have may be tested, I hope not for both our sakes but that day hasn't arrived, thank god.

I must say hearing an actual story from a real life situation has not softened me but maybe made me listen some more.
                                                                                    Sorry to hear of your problems in the past and I hope you are in a better place now.
                                                                                    As its mainly men here I just want some to understand a bad situation and what its like being a woman in that predicament , I know I am probably going to be hated but TBH I stand by my decision.

Im not trying to change anyones views just to understand that I was going through the worst time in my life and a another baby would have probably sent me to an early grave.

Oleras sent me a PM saying he thought my post was too personal and that maybe I should delete it, but I replied to him that I dont want to delete, i just want ye to hear a real story, if you were in my shoes back then then maybe you might understand.

I dont want my post be to be thanked or I dont want symapthy , whats done is done and as I said was the best for me at the time.
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

As its mainly men here I just want some to understand a bad situation and what its like being a woman in that predicament , I know I am probably going to be hated but TBH I stand by my decision.

Im not trying to change anyones views just to understand that I was going through the worst time in my life and a another baby would have probably sent me to an early grave.

Oleras sent me a PM saying he thought my post was too personal and that maybe I should delete it, but I replied to him that I dont want to delete, i just want ye to hear a real story, if you were in my shoes back then then maybe you might understand.

I dont want my post be to be thanked or I dont want symapthy , whats done is done and as I said was the best for me at the time.
                                                                                      Your honesty deserves respect and to that I take my hat off to you.
                                                                                      As I said earlier I hope you are in a better place now.

Comment

I fecking love Uruguay's national team, most likeable group of players ever. South American WC qualifiers is where it's at.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Michelle, while I admire your honesty and courage in posting that, and personally agree with people having the choice, I'm not sure if it was the wisest thing to post on the internet. If, for example, your daughter or other family members do not know about it, it might be best to take the story down, as things printed, even somewhere you can never imagine people seeing them, have a habit of being known at some point. Perhaps this is not an issue, or you think it is safe enough, but I think it might be wise to think about it for a minute again, and if you do decide to delete it, let me know and I will clean up other posts that quoted it (if any).

From my own very limited experience in that area, a girl I was going out with when I was 20 was about 3 weeks late at one stage, and she got one of those pregnancy tests that came out inconclusive I think (I believe this can happen occasionally?). We had a long talk about the possible consequences, and she said that if she was pregnant she was having an abortion. Thankfully though, she wasn't pregnant at all, but for a while it was a horrible scary situation for a couple at that age who were only going out about 5 months at that stage.

Comment

You can't apply blanket opinions really. all situatinos are different. From somebody who isn't arsed, to somebody who knows that its not the right time for environment for a child..

Say a 17 year old girl, your daugther, sister, niece etc, gets raped. The guy is caught, arrested and put on trial. Something that she is going to have to attend. He'll have to face him, which is bound to be tough.
                                                                                            Now say she also fell pregnant at the time, forcing her to raise that child is, to me, a horrible thing.

Comment

God Help You all.

Hail.

We may have to review your leadership of Vampire (lite) Community.
                                                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                You can't apply blanket opinions really
                                                                                                Well,that works both ways,for pro-life and pro-choice supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Michelle, while I admire your honesty and courage in posting that, and personally agree with people having the choice, I'm not sure if it was the wisest thing to post on the internet. If, for example, your daughter or other family members do not know about it, it might be best to take the story down, as things printed, even somewhere you can never imagine people seeing them, have a habit of being known at some point. Perhaps this is not an issue, or you think it is safe enough, but I think it might be wise to think about it for a minute again, and if you do decide to delete it, let me know and I will clean up other posts that quoted it (if any).

From my own very limited experience in that area, a girl I was going out with when I was 20 was about 3 weeks late at one stage, and she got one of those pregnancy tests that came out inconclusive I think (I believe this can happen occasionally?). We had a long talk about the possible consequences, and she said that if she was pregnant she was having an abortion. Thankfully though, she wasn't pregnant at all, but for a while it was a horrible scary situation for a couple at that age who were only going out about 5 months at that stage.
                                                                                                  Yes I can see your point, however if i was on the beer or something ya Maybe take it down, however I am not on the beer and I wanted to tell my story, it doesnt bother me its there, its my story , its the truth, things like this happen everyday.

My mother knows now, so does colm, i have nothing to hide, if you feel its embarrassing on the forum, take it down.
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny
                                                                                                    me and two of mates trying to get in to the same girl in the pub tonight,

she left with a bloke that im 90% sure was homosexual
                                                                                                    How did you not know your mate was a homo? there must have been signs.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                      How did you not know your mate was a homo? there must have been signs.
                                                                                                      Cock tastes like shit ?
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Yes I can see your point, however if i was on the beer or something ya Maybe take it down, however I am not on the beer and I wanted to tell my story, it doesnt bother me its there, its my story , its the truth, things like this happen everyday.

My mother knows now, so does colm, i have nothing to hide, if you feel its embarrassing on the forum, take it down.
                                                                                                        No need to be so defensive. I never even hinted at such a thing, and I'm a bit insulted you'd even think that something might be deleted for that reason.

Comment

Cock tastes like shit
                                                                                                          Jebus Ole,I know we're all confessing loads of stuff tonight but this is a step too far my friend.

Comment

No need to be so defensive. I never even hinted at such a thing, and I'm a bit insulted you'd even think that something might be deleted for that reason.
                                                                                                            If things were deleted because they were embarrasing for the poster id only have about 40 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny
                                                                                                              me and two of mates trying to get in to the same girl in the pub tonight,

she left with a bloke that im 90% sure was homosexual

Comment

Cock tastes like shit ?
                                                                                                                Ahem try using a douche should be fine

Comment

I thought maybe you didnt want it there for reasons, didnt mean to insult you , look im not in the best of form tonight, so dont mind me.

had a few pms telling me to delete it so maybe its for the best going by the averages .

some of you have heard the story so be it, delete it.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

i doubt embarrising the site as msn mite have suggested is offensive, i think from my point of veiw u took it up it wrong.

Comment

i doubt embarrising the site as msn mite have suggested is offensive, i think from my point of veiw u took it up it wrong.
                                                                                                                      What you condoning ? Ass Sex ?

Thank you, goodnight...please tip your server.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by oleras; 12-10-11, 00:49.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

What you condoning ? Ass Sex ?

Thank you, goodnight...please tip your server.
                                                                                                                        Night dude.

Comment

Oh look!

That time of the month when Solks threatens to leave.

You're due to leave forever and return 3 weeks later again soon actually.

Probably the only funny thing you do.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X