Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally bended to all the internet peer presure and just watch first esp of breaking bad!

reading tweeter yesterday and shaun deed said it is one of the top 3 life leaks not watching it, also all the talk in here of it so decided to take the plunge, now to watch the second esp...

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
      Finally bended to all the internet peer presure and just watch first esp of breaking bad!

reading tweeter yesterday and shaun deed said it is one of the top 3 life leaks not watching it, also all the talk in here of it so decided to take the plunge, now to watch the second esp...
      Snap,just starting season 2 myself.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Come on Ireland! Feeling pretty nervous about this match tonight! Hopefully it's true that if we win, we're seeded. For some reason, I don't quite believe it. How does that work? Thought it was done on UEFA coefficient points?

Either way, I'd take a 0-0 draw right now. Not feeling confident at all. Armenia are just the type of team that could cut us open. I'm expecting us to be completely overrun in midfield and many nervy moments. Atmosphere should be great, so hopefully Armenia will struggle with the pressure, having never been in this type of situation before.

Comment

Nice tackle

Mountain Biker gets taken out by BUCK - Crazy Footage - Only in Africa, Mountain Biker, Mountain biker gets taken out by antelope, Evan van der Spuy of Team ...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            Dont worry about houseprices dude, they are beyond your control. Only worry about the shit you have control over.

At least you are not moaning about them, between the people that purchased at the wrong time and now are in NE, and constantly hope the rest of us go into NE...lol and the folks that think they were so smart by not buying...lol, they were either still in nappies when the money was being made or didnt have a pot to piss in after boozing for 4 years getting an education...may I ? Please ? CHIMPS.
            cheers Ole, I feel bad now as I wasn't actually very worried about any of those things (though I should be) except maybe decapatation. That poker etiquitte thread gave me nightmares.

Chimps is a much underused phrase, it should be adopted more widely. I see Dana has pulled out of tonight debate due to prior committments LOL. Hmmm can't do that presidential stuff on Tuesday got a prayer metting in the oblettes. (lol chimp)

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
              Come on Ireland! Feeling pretty nervous about this match tonight! Hopefully it's true that if we win, we're seeded. For some reason, I don't quite believe it. How does that work? Thought it was done on UEFA coefficient points?

Its quite complicated. Here's the current rankings,
              SPOILER
              Pos Country Now*
              === ============================== =====
              1 Spain 43131 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 1
              2 Netherlands 42147 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 1
              --- -------------------------------------
              3 Germany 40462 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 2
              4 Italy 34152 Euro 2012 Qualified
              5 England 33563 Euro 2012 Qualified
              6 Russia 32796
              7 Portugal 32406
              8 Croatia 32348
              9 Greece 32186
              10 Sweden 31431
              11 France 31022
              12 Denmark 30851
              13 Serbia 28666
              14 ** Ukraine 28029 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 1
              15 Ireland 27799
              16 Bosnia and Herzegovina 27663
              17 Slovakia 27250
              18 Czech Republic 27124
              19 Turkey 27006
              20 Switzerland 26766
              21 Hungary 26528
              22 Norway 26475
              23 Israel 26279
              24 Scotland 25265
              25 Romania 25155
              26 Slovenia 24918
              27 Finland 24673
              28 ** Poland 23806 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 1
              29 Latvia 23711
              30 Northern Ireland 23417
              31 Austria 23333
              32 Belgium 23263
              33 Montenegro 23019
              34 Belarus 22638
              35 Bulgaria 22539
              36 Armenia 20551
              37 Wales 20518
              38 Estonia 20354
              39 Lithuania 20116
              40 Macedonia 18662
              41 Albania 17844
              42 Georgia 17025
              43 Cyprus 16665
              44 Moldova 15391
              45 Iceland 15342
              46 Azerbaijan 15228
              47 Kazakhstan 14331
              48 Luxembourg 13145
              49 Liechtenstein 13005
              50 Faroe Islands 12176
              51 Malta 10650
              52 Andorra 8547
              53 San Marino 7533

Its possible we could win and not be seeded, but very unlikely. For this to happen Serbia need to win away to Slovenia and France to lose at home to Bosnia, because in that case they'd both finish second and are ranked higher than us.

A draw tonight will make things very complicated but still very possible to be seeded but a little less likely than a win obv.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Anyone see Late Night Poker last night?

Fantastic hand of poker of poker HU

SPOILER
                Schwartz 109 v Romanello AJ

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                  Tv & Pc after cutting out three times in last two hours, both turning their self off - they run on separate sockets, a lamp on same socket as tv is staying on. I'm with upc for tv & internet but cant see the UPC connection tripping them out ?
                  I have that problem with the TV on UPC sometimes, it seems to turn itself off and reset after 12 o' clock sometimes if have it on standby and then go to turn it on. Used to have a big problem with the UPC net a few months ago where it just stopped working whenever it wanted and had to unplug it to get it working again, thankfully that has stopped so I assumed it was something they fixed their end. I don;t think anything is tripping them, just the UPC service FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Anyone see Late Night Poker last night?

Fantastic hand of poker of poker HU

SPOILER
                    Schwartz 109 v Romanello AJ

SPOILER
                    was pretty good the way swartz was going through his thought process out loud, made good TV,don't think he makes the call if he doesn't have chips behind and gotta give props to romanello for 3 barreling
                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                      Tv & Pc after cutting out three times in last two hours, both turning their self off - they run on separate sockets, a lamp on same socket as tv is staying on. I'm with upc for tv & internet but cant see the UPC connection tripping them out ?
                      There could be a non-usage timer set in the UPC box.

It's also possible for the UPC box to tell the TV to turn itself off at the same time.
                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Anyone watch/watching The Borgias? Just through the first episode and think it could be good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Its quite complicated. Here's the current rankings,
                          SPOILER
                          Pos Country Now*
                          === ============================== =====
                          1 Spain 43131 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 1
                          2 Netherlands 42147 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 1
                          3 Germany 40462 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 2
                          4 Italy 34152 Euro 2012 Qualified
                          5 England 33563 Euro 2012 Qualified
                          6 Russia 32796
                          7 Portugal 32406
                          8 Croatia 32348
                          9 Greece 32186
                          10 Sweden 31431
                          11 France 31022
                          12 Denmark 30851
                          13 Serbia 28666
                          14 ** Ukraine 28029 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 1
                          15 Ireland 27799
                          16 Bosnia and Herzegovina 27663
                          17 Slovakia 27250
                          18 Czech Republic 27124
                          19 Turkey 27006
                          20 Switzerland 26766
                          21 Hungary 26528
                          22 Norway 26475
                          23 Israel 26279
                          24 Scotland 25265
                          25 Romania 25155
                          26 Slovenia 24918
                          27 Finland 24673
                          28 ** Poland 23806 Euro 2012 Qualified - Seeding Pot 1
                          29 Latvia 23711
                          30 Northern Ireland 23417
                          31 Austria 23333
                          32 Belgium 23263
                          33 Montenegro 23019
                          34 Belarus 22638
                          35 Bulgaria 22539
                          36 Armenia 20551
                          37 Wales 20518
                          38 Estonia 20354
                          39 Lithuania 20116
                          40 Macedonia 18662
                          41 Albania 17844
                          42 Georgia 17025
                          43 Cyprus 16665
                          44 Moldova 15391
                          45 Iceland 15342
                          46 Azerbaijan 15228
                          47 Kazakhstan 14331
                          48 Luxembourg 13145
                          49 Liechtenstein 13005
                          50 Faroe Islands 12176
                          51 Malta 10650
                          52 Andorra 8547
                          53 San Marino 7533

Its possible we could win and not be seeded, but very unlikely. For this to happen Serbia need to win away to Slovenia and France to lose at home to Bosnia, because in that case they'd both finish second and are ranked higher than us.

A draw tonight will make things very complicated but still very possible to be seeded but a little less likely than a win obv.
                          So if we win & are seeded who are the only teams we can play?

Comment

Bubbleking Keane for Cox?
                            Cox in the hole maybe?
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                              So if we win & are seeded who are the only teams we can play?
                              Montenegro are the only definite unseeded team, I think.
                              Other possibles for the unseededs are Scotland/Czechs, Turkey/Belgium, Bosnia, Estonia.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                Cox in the hole maybe?
                                That decision by Trap is ridiculous but to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                  night! apologies for being a bit too late for the game - remembered at about 9:15!
                                  Same as, sorry...

Comment

Watched 'Drive' last night. It was alright, but I don't get why everyone is jizzing in their pants about it.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                      you have to watch this, best youtube vid I have ever seen, nearly 20 million hits!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pnVAE91E7kM
                                      This ones better imo

Comment

Why is 9/2 about Armenia not super value?

I know feck all about Soccer but surely they are the form team and needing the win they would be a fraction of that price if the markets weren't based here?

What am I missing?
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I know feck all about Soccer but surely they are the form team and needing the win they would be a fraction of that price if the markets weren't based here?

What am I missing?
                                          8 clean sheets in a row, Celtic Nations Champions, a team based around players from the best league in the World.

C'Mon Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            Montenegro are the only definite unseeded team, I think.
                                            Other possibles for the unseededs are Scotland/Czechs, Turkey/Belgium, Bosnia, Estonia.
                                            Come on Scotland!!!
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What am I missing?
                                              They are. Wrote a post on it in the football betting thread yesterday.

Thinking about it, Armenia draw no bet is prob the best bet but any market opposing Ireland at current prices is prob +ev.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

2-1 armenia is 14-1.
                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Cox in the hole maybe?
                                                  Homo?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    This ones better imo

http://youtu.be/UtPkxzHKLpk

you are obviously NOT the romantic type
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

right, recommend a back catalog of someone for me to download, have been on a diet of Bowie for the last month and it'#s doing strange stuff to my head. African Night Flight is starting to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                        right, recommend a back catalog of someone for me to download, have been on a diet of Bowie for the last month and it'#s doing strange stuff to my head. African Night Flight is starting to make sense.
                                                        There are a few directions you can go from Bowie, I'd recommend the Capitan Beefheart Frank Zappa route.

Comment

There are a few directions you can go from Bowie, I'd recommend the Capitan Beefheart Frank Zappa route.
                                                          Might try the beefheart.

Comment

Phil Collins.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Might try the beefheart.
                                                              Stew it slowly with some red wine, serve with some boiled rice.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                Phil Collins.
                                                                Phil Collins back catalog is an elephant graveyard, where the joys of music go to die.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the much underrated Turin Brakes. I'm not sure why they didn't make it huge. How Elbow made it ahead of them I'll never know. Saw both live many years ago as the Turin Brakes were better, seveal excellent tunes on Optimist up. Did a great gig in the Ambassador same week as Gomez (bring it on,wha a debut) Fair play to Elbow I guess.

Underdog is a classic from the era. Deffo worth a listen for those who missed them.

Music video by Turin Brakes performing Underdog (Save Me).

Comment

Can someone tell me is there any software like HM and PT for tournaments?

Comment

They both do tournaments too

Comment

Gary Numan.

Thoughts?

Comment

Pink Floyd
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                            I'm a big fan of the much underrated Turin Brakes. I'm not sure why they didn't make it huge. How Elbow made it ahead of them I'll never know. Saw both live many years ago as the Turin Brakes were better, seveal excellent tunes on Optimist up. Did a great gig in the Ambassador same week as Gomez (bring it on,wha a debut) Fair play to Elbow I guess.

Underdog is a classic from the era. Deffo worth a listen for those who missed them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evn5DTVCbLk
                                                                            That was surprisingly bland and uninteresting, can't really see any comparison with Elbow

BBC Radio 3 have a programme on three nights a week 90 minutes from 11:30 - 1 that makes great at work listening , huge diversity in styles of music and loads of stuff you'll rarely hear on radio.
                                                                            there is a 64Kb listen again stream available
                                                                            Late Junction

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evn5DTVCbLk
                                                                              This is correct.

Comment

On a similar subject, RTE are bringing out a new radio player this week, if it doesn't have at least 64Kb listen back streams and preferably without that awful RealAudio crap I'll freak out.
                                                                                Ridiculous that they exile really good music programmes like Rachel Blech's and Phillip King's to times that nobody is listening to radio and then advertise incessantly about how you can listen back to them.. on a poxy 16Kb RealAudio Stream FFS!

Comment

Gary Numan.

Thoughts?
                                                                                  OK a bit meh! If you are going that way just go straight to the source, Kraftwerk

Comment

Can't see the fuss about Elbow at all - the very definition of bland mehness imo.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      Pink Floyd
                                                                                      been there. Love the Floyd. Dropped quality alot without Waters, egomaniac that he is.

Comment

OK a bit meh! If you are going that way just go straight to the source, Kraftwerk
                                                                                        urgh, could never get into Kraftwerk.

Comment

urgh, could never get into Kraftwerk.
                                                                                          Take a shot at The Man Machine before making a final call on that

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                                                            My daughter might be getting iPad from her school ....wondering if she could get me one

AN Inishowen school could be set to become one of the first in the country to dispense with traditional school books in favour of the latest pioneering digital technology.
                                                                                            Carndonagh Community School is currently exploring the possibility of its students using electronic tablet devices – such as the iPad – in the classroom instead of textbooks.
                                                                                            The innovative project could see the end of pupils here having to carry heavy bags of books to and from school everyday.
                                                                                            Carn CS principal Paul Fiorentini revealed that the groundbreaking plan is currently at a ‘research stage’.
                                                                                            “It’s still very early and we need to look at a few more things. We like the potential it offers but the jury’s still out. If our research goes well and we decide it’s a runner then there will be some sort of trial, possibly next year,” he said.
                                                                                            “It’s a quantum leap and before we jump we need to be certain that we have access to all the relevant material in online book format. It is also harder to read a book [on tablet devices] so there’s still a fair bit of work to do.”
                                                                                            A school here in Galway tried it out with laptops I think. Major problems with theft and damage.
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a pub ....

SPOILER
                                                                                              to watch Wales play in the semi-finals of the Rugby World Cup

Comment

Zod if you want a back Catalogue. Depeche Mode (don't mind SPs opinion on this trust me)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  Updated list:

Archer
                                                                                                  Arrested Development
                                                                                                  Band of Brothers
                                                                                                  Battlestar Galactica
                                                                                                  Big Love
                                                                                                  Black Books
                                                                                                  The Black Donnellys
                                                                                                  Blue Bloods
                                                                                                  Board To Death
                                                                                                  Boardwalk Empire
                                                                                                  Breaking Bad
                                                                                                  Californication
                                                                                                  Chuck
                                                                                                  Community
                                                                                                  The Corner
                                                                                                  Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                                                                  Deadwood
                                                                                                  Dexter
                                                                                                  Eastbound & Down
                                                                                                  Entourage
                                                                                                  Family Guy
                                                                                                  Firefly
                                                                                                  Friday Night Lights
                                                                                                  Fringe
                                                                                                  Frisky Dingo
                                                                                                  Futurama
                                                                                                  Game of Thrones
                                                                                                  Generation Kill
                                                                                                  House
                                                                                                  Hustle
                                                                                                  Jericho
                                                                                                  Justified
                                                                                                  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
                                                                                                  Mad Men
                                                                                                  The Mighty Boosh
                                                                                                  Misfits
                                                                                                  The Office (US)
                                                                                                  Oz
                                                                                                  The Pacific
                                                                                                  Party Down
                                                                                                  Rome
                                                                                                  Sherlock
                                                                                                  The Simpsons
                                                                                                  South Park
                                                                                                  Spartacus
                                                                                                  The Shield
                                                                                                  The Sopranos
                                                                                                  Suits
                                                                                                  Trailer Park Boys
                                                                                                  Treme
                                                                                                  The Walking Dead
                                                                                                  Wilfred
                                                                                                  The West Wing
                                                                                                  The Wire
                                                                                                  Workaholics
                                                                                                  Anybody anything to add to this from the new Autumn schedule?

Comment

A school here in Galway tried it out with laptops I think. Major problems with theft and damage.
                                                                                                    My Daughter said they are thinking about it starting next year, but it's only for first year students and it will be on rental scheme ( she is doing her leaving cert this year, so that plan out of window )
                                                                                                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                    http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Dunno if this has been posted or not, but should interest some in the BBV:

Originally posted by aikenpromotions Aiken Promotions
                                                                                                      Scroobius Pip returns to Whelan's Weds 16th Nov Get tickets for this mid week must see here tinyurl.com/3ojlsln tinyurl.com/2dbjav

Comment

all textbooks should be available as PDF. The fact they keep making kids rebuy the same books with slightly altered texts as "new editions" is a disgrace.

Comment

Might try the beefheart.
                                                                                                          Get yourself some Iggy.
                                                                                                          Bowie worked with him a lot in the 70's
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            Get yourself some Iggy.
                                                                                                            Met Iggy back in the 90s, was chatting to him and his wife for a round ten mins or so
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Get yourself some Iggy.
                                                                                                              Aye, I have The Idiot, could possibly do with picking up more of his stuff.

Comment

Anybody anything to add to this from the new Autumn schedule?
                                                                                                                If you havent been watching alphas, get to it.
                                                                                                                I'm also enjoying Pan Am
                                                                                                                Warehouse 13 is another fun show
                                                                                                                and StrikeBack: Project Dawn is a great little show
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

If you havent been watching alphas, get to it.
                                                                                                                  I'm also enjoying Pan Am
                                                                                                                  Warehouse 13 is another fun show
                                                                                                                  and StrikeBack: Project Dawn is a great little show
                                                                                                                  Added:

Alphas
                                                                                                                  Archer
                                                                                                                  Arrested Development
                                                                                                                  Band of Brothers
                                                                                                                  Battlestar Galactica
                                                                                                                  Big Love
                                                                                                                  Black Books
                                                                                                                  The Black Donnellys
                                                                                                                  Blue Bloods
                                                                                                                  Board To Death
                                                                                                                  Boardwalk Empire
                                                                                                                  Breaking Bad
                                                                                                                  Californication
                                                                                                                  Chuck
                                                                                                                  Community
                                                                                                                  The Corner
                                                                                                                  Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                                                                                  Deadwood
                                                                                                                  Dexter
                                                                                                                  Eastbound & Down
                                                                                                                  Entourage
                                                                                                                  Family Guy
                                                                                                                  Firefly
                                                                                                                  Friday Night Lights
                                                                                                                  Fringe
                                                                                                                  Frisky Dingo
                                                                                                                  Futurama
                                                                                                                  Game of Thrones
                                                                                                                  Generation Kill
                                                                                                                  Homeland
                                                                                                                  House
                                                                                                                  Hustle
                                                                                                                  Jericho
                                                                                                                  Justified
                                                                                                                  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
                                                                                                                  Mad Men
                                                                                                                  The Mighty Boosh
                                                                                                                  Misfits
                                                                                                                  The Office (US)
                                                                                                                  Oz
                                                                                                                  The Pacific
                                                                                                                  Pan Am
                                                                                                                  Party Down
                                                                                                                  Rome
                                                                                                                  Sherlock
                                                                                                                  The Simpsons
                                                                                                                  South Park
                                                                                                                  Spartacus
                                                                                                                  The Shield
                                                                                                                  The Sopranos
                                                                                                                  StrikeBack: Project Dawn
                                                                                                                  Suits
                                                                                                                  Trailer Park Boys
                                                                                                                  Treme
                                                                                                                  The Walking Dead
                                                                                                                  Warehouse 13
                                                                                                                  Wilfred
                                                                                                                  The West Wing
                                                                                                                  The Wire
                                                                                                                  Workaholics
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Keane; 11-10-11, 12:57.

Comment

Homeland?

Comment

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Dunno if this has been posted or not, but should interest some in the BBV: Scroob Pip
                                                                                                                          Not sure about this one, got the new album and pretty sure have only listened to it twice. Wasn't overly impressed altho 1 or 2 decent songs. B. Dolan is supporting him tho on the tour who is always worth a look. Will see closer to the gig if still tickets and will decide then

Tickets cheaper over here if not by much https://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/ti...ber-2011/Y6XJL
                                                                                                                          Last edited by ghostface; 11-10-11, 13:01.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X