Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter is doing TY and wants to sell dodgy soccer jersey's for her business and the school seem to think its a good idea

She's dealing with footballjerseys4sale.com getting reasonable discounts and selling them within the school to anyone dumb enough to buy from her.
    Am I right in thinking that Customs will seize them for being fakes or will they just want VAT?
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Ye GAA folks obsession with the All-Stars always leaves me baffled.

A group of journalists dont pick your player in a team (a team that will never actually play a competitive match), and 15 years later it'll still go down as one of sports great injustices.
      same as getting picked on the world cup eleven, or any season long team award.

It is a sign of recognition for the exceptional sporting year one may have had. I find it even more relative in GAA, for a sport which there are not many financial benefits for achieving such levels of performance, in an amateur sport which demands such dedication - then receiving this award and the respect of those who you play alongside and your piers is something that would make me extremely proud.

Also for some counties that will never achieve medals or lift a cup at the end of the year, these all star positions act as a very worthwhile means to show appreciation for those who excel in their sporting field.

*fwiw - i still remember steve finnan making right back on the prem team of the year!!
      GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        Anyone else heard of this site?

This website is for sale! oct282011.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, oct282011.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

What's all that about
        I'm thinking viral or a headcase

I started a thread in the CT forum....
        Should be fun
        Mayans ran out of numbers ages ago, not a problem as we made some new ones for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Mayans ran out of numbers ages ago, not a problem as we made some new ones for them.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
            *fwiw - i still remember steve finnan making right back on the prem team of the year!!
            The same year he went to the world cup and got dropped in the first match for Danny Mills back up in Gary Kelly, who'se last game for us himself getting utterly destroyed. One of Mick McCarthys more baffling selections.
            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              No different from the whinging people still do about Giggs winning POTY a few years ago, or people crying about BOD not getting POTY a year or two ago etc.

All in the game yo.
              Do people still go about Giggs winning SPOTY, didn't know that. Guess I manage to avoid it by not reading the megathreads.

Would more see it a fair comparison to those Team Of The Year things anyway, where they pick an XI from the Premier League and announce it on Sky. Causes debate for about 2 hours and then forgotten about. All Stars omittances seem to cause divisions for years.

In fairness All Stars used to mean a free trip to America so it was probably worth fighting over back then anyway.

Comment

My daughter is doing TY and wants to sell dodgy soccer jersey's for her business and the school seem to think its a good idea

She's dealing with footballjerseys4sale.com getting reasonable discounts and selling them within the school to anyone dumb enough to buy from her.
                Am I right in thinking that Customs will seize them for being fakes or will they just want VAT?
                Possible seizure if they are actually fakes and import duty at 12.5% and VAT on top of the total in any case.

Comment

Got this email from Moneybookers (or Skrill) as they're soon to be called a couple of days ago. So much for moving poker monies around confidentially

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Tony,

Win a trip to the European Poker Tour (EPT) Grand Final to play live poker in the Skrill Grand Freeroll!

Skrill (Moneybookers) is the official Payment Provider Sponsor of the EPT and is giving away 10 packages for the Skrill Grand Freeroll, held at the EPT Grand Final and offering €10,000 in prize money.

The first package will go out this Sunday, October 2nd 20.05h CET, to the winner of the first online qualifier hosted by PokerStars.

How to participate

Open a Pokerstars account if you don’t already have one
                  To receive your freeroll tournament ticket, make a deposit with your Skrill (Moneybookers) account into your PokerStars account with deposit code SKRILLEPT1
                  Play the online qualifier this Sunday, October 2nd 20.05h CET (14.05h ET).

You can find the Skrill Grand Freeroll online qualifier by opening the PokerStars lobby,
                  and clicking ‘Events’ » ‘EPT’. Login to your Skrill (Moneybookers) account now to upload funds.
                  UPLOAD FUNDS NOW

Other online qualifiers

This online qualification freeroll is held during EPT London, the 3rd stop in EPT season 8. During every EPT stop we’re giving away one of the nine remaining packages for the Skrill Grand Freeroll. See here for the full qualification schedule and tournament details.

More proof that poker is a game of Skrill.

Best wishes,

Skrill (Moneybookers)

Comment

Just tell her avoiding tax is legal, evading tax is illegal!

Also tell her to get company to send boxes that are unmarked and from someones name in the company less chance customs spotting these, also just a point but also tell them but if shipping from UK (No idea from the website) tell her to get them to use road instead of air, cheaper and less likely to get pulled by customs, will be slower though if from US (all price's make as $) i would go with Fedex for Delivery greater chance of getting through any not paying custom's

Comment

Do people still go about Giggs winning SPOTY, didn't know that. Guess I manage to avoid it by not reading the megathreads.

Would more see it a fair comparison to those Team Of The Year things anyway, where they pick an XI from the Premier League and announce it on Sky. Causes debate for about 2 hours and then forgotten about. All Stars omittances seem to cause divisions for years.

In fairness All Stars used to mean a free trip to America so it was probably worth fighting over back then anyway.
                      They still go on tour.

I don't know what the problem is tbh, they were announced in the last hour, so I posted them

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        Possible seizure if they are actually fakes and import duty at 12.5% and VAT on top of the total in any case.
                        Replicas are fakes right

Comment

They still go on tour.

I don't know what the problem is tbh, they were announced in the last hour, so I posted them
                          Ach, it just annoys me how much debate they cause*, papers will be fun of analysis of them, schackles will be raised on boards if Billy Joe Dunlobby get snubbed again etc.

*I do see the irony that I have caused all the debate.

Comment

Replicas are fakes right
                            Well its an ambiguous word. For instance with baseball jerseys you can by both replicas and authentic 'as worn on field jerseys' legitimately. The same goes for the rugby jerseys you buy in the shops, without all of the grippy stuff on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                              He is obviously no going to pay out on this.

I'll ship Sat Nav the $5 I promised but I am out after this.

I dont want to get caught up in a scandal when he Welshes.
                              thank you tipperary101

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                              Where was the mocking of Corbett in 'the Sat Nav poem.

I'll ship her the $5 so, next one will only be paid out if significant humiliation of Corbett is achieved
                              thank you too , im gonna run it up to thousands tipperary101
                              Originally posted by careca View Post
                              Whats the latest with HJ mentoring SatNav? Haven't seen any updates in a bit and can't seem to find the thread.
                              I had an aunt home from scotland on hols for nearly a week and then i went to kilarney, we are getting back on track hopefully this week
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Question: would taking sausages out of the fridge for a few hours, allowing them to reach room temperature, and then putting them back in and cooking them later be a stupid thing to do? We did something like that over the past few days (opened the pack originally in Tipp, cooked a few Sunday morning, then sealed the packaging with cling-film and took the remaining sausages back to Dublin in the car, cooking them for last night's dinner).

I'm feeling pretty sick right now, my digestive system is bloated and really upset, like a mild food poisoning Likely to be those sausages?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                  Question: would taking sausages out of the fridge for a few hours, allowing them to reach room temperature, and then putting them back in and cooking them later be a stupid thing to do? We did something like that over the past few days (opened the pack originally in Tipp, cooked a few Sunday morning, then sealed the packaging with cling-film and took the remaining sausages back to Dublin in the car, cooking them for last night's dinner).

I'm feeling pretty sick right now, my digestive system is bloated and really upset, like a mild food poisoning Likely to be those sausages?
                                  Don't think it was the sausages, sounds more like a head gasket problem!

Comment

should be ok if you had them in the boot or at least out of the sunlight, did you put them back into the fridge?

we were in belfast a few years back and decided to do the weekly shopping there as it was supposed to be so much cheaper than southern ireland at the time. we bought a whole heap of stuff like sausages, rashers, milk and some frozen stuff was in the car for nearly 6 hours before we got home as we stopped for a meal on the way home. everything was fine

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Hmm, I think they were out of the sunlight alright. They (and some rashers) went back into the fridge about about 2.5 hours of leaving Tipp. There was defo something dodgy in yesterday's meal I'd say, as the GF is a bit sick as well. Last time I go to Tipp, that's for sure!

Comment

Richard Dunne speaks about 'that' night in Moscow and how his iconic jersey will be auctioned by the FAI.

dunney monster auctioning off his jersey
                                        GAA News Website

Comment

iPhone 5 rumored launch in the next hour. I'm very excited*

Comment

Nah the Apple event isn't supposed to start till 6pm our time.

You can follow it here.

Comment

Nah the Apple event isn't supposed to start till 6pm our time.

You can follow it here.
                                              u forget about the wexford time difference we get out up an hours later than u and our 6pm comes at 4pm as this is what time the social open's and close's on Anne's ST our working day is done then!!

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOE07bg1JX4

dunney monster auctioning off his jersey
                                                What does lowest unique bid mean?

Comment

if you guess 1 cent, and nobody else matches it - you win . . .

obviously it will have to be something like 2.91E or something depending how many bid. They make 5E per guess for charity so should raise 2k or so
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Hmm, I think they were out of the sunlight alright. They (and some rashers) went back into the fridge about about 2.5 hours of leaving Tipp. There was defo something dodgy in yesterday's meal I'd say, as the GF is a bit sick as well. Last time I go to Tipp, that's for sure!
                                                    yeah sunlight would just make them go off really fast

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Not that it really matters but are they entries capped?
                                                      Just wondering from the mechanics of it.

Comment

no id imagine the more entries the better, it means that the amound of "unique" guesses will decrease with more numbers.
                                                        It just means your buying a 5.50 raffle ticket really
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Is UPC down for anyone else ?
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                            Is UPC down for anyone else ?
                                                            No,but I'm at the other end of the country.
                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Freshly baked Superquinn jam doughnuts are supreme.
                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Something for the Bono haters, I lol'd anyway...

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                  Freshly baked Superquinn jam doughnuts are supreme.
                                                                  Not nearly as good as freshly baked tesco apple lattice squares

Comment

Yep, UPC been down for me all day in Dublin, but there are UPC men working outside the apartment, so I suppose it's just cos they're working on it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                          When my sister was in transition year two years ago she and her pals did something similar, except they designed school t-shirts, and then were trying to sell them to different schools. Might be a market in that. Idea was to get someone in each school to act as organiser and they would then end up getting a free t-shirt for doing the local organising. Don't know if she ever followed through on it.
                                                                          Sounds like someone ran this scam implemented this business plan in the school last year and made a fortune.
                                                                          I'm going to let her buy one as a sample and buy some time to try and knock it on the head but I'm going to need a better idea for her. Suggestions please.

Comment

Girl I live with has just been watching her grandfather's wake/whatever it's called live via webcam from Colombia. Pretty weird! You can control the webcam online and someone was zooming in on the open casket. Technology is great, isn't it?

Comment

Sounds like someone ran this scam implemented this business plan in the school last year and made a fortune.
                                                                              I'm going to let her buy one as a sample and buy some time to try and knock it on the head but I'm going to need a better idea for her. Suggestions please.
                                                                              School Year book, defined market, pre-order system <- IE your not outlaying money as all will be pre-ordered and prob will pay a despoit

Comment

SP I bought a jersey off one of those sites, got held up by customs but they sent it on once VAT was paid.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                  SP I bought a jersey off one of those sites, got held up by customs but they sent it on once VAT was paid.
                                                                                  It was also in a batch of 5 jerseys so I would presume she won't run into any trouble.

Comment

...
                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-10-11, 16:30.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                        School Year book, defined market, pre-order system <- IE your not outlaying money as all will be pre-ordered and prob will pay a despoit
                                                                                        Awful lot of work goes into those.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                          Awful lot of work goes into those.
                                                                                          yeah i know

Was going to suggest school shop ie sweets chrips drinks etc also school supplies open in the morning / lunch times could roll into semi serious school business would need up front cap but nothing a bunch of degan poker players couldnt get behind for the gamble!!!!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                              Freaky:

Yesterday, Oct. 3, 2011, the S&P 500 closed at 1,099.23.

Exactly three years ago, on Oct. 3, 2008, the S&P 500 closed at 1,099.23.

Wonder if you could convince someone that this means something?
                                                                                              Don't know what S&P is, but Conspiracy Theory forum surely!?

Comment

...

Comment

It was also in a batch of 5 jerseys so I would presume she won't run into any trouble.
                                                                                                  Depends on the mail centre they come through and who the carrier is, there is a high risk they will be seized and confiscated on IPR grounds, if not they will be subject to VAT for goods upto €150 and VAT and Customs Duty for goods >€150, the values used here include freight charges and insurance.

Comment

Ach, it just annoys me how much debate they cause*, papers will be fun of analysis of them, schackles will be raised on boards if Billy Joe Dunlobby get snubbed again etc.

*I do see the irony that I have caused all the debate.
                                                                                                    2011 OPEL GAA-GPA FOOTBALL ALL-STARS NOMINATIONS:
                                                                                                    Half-Forward Line: Ben Brosnan (Wexford), Alan Brogan (Dublin), Darran O'Sullivan (Kerry), Declan O'Sullivan (Kerry), Paul Flynn (Dublin), Alan Dillon (Mayo), Kevin McManamon (Dublin), Paddy Kelly (Cork), Eamonn Callaghan (Kildare)
                                                                                                    Paddy Kelly??? PADDY FUCKING KELLY???

Where is the All Ireland winning Captain Bryan Cullen? That's a fucking joke!
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The GAA all stars are largely irrelevent as they only take into account the last 2 games of the year. Sure a player may get a nomination but if they don't play in at least a semi final they have very little chance of getting one. This is with the exception of some smaller counties who have an exceptional year and have a couple of outstanding performances e.g. Paddy Keenan for Louth

basically what Im saying is that people have short memories. That is why it will stick in peoples minds that Bernard Brogan mentioned twice in his post match interview that his brother Alan "will hopefully win player of the year". So yeah Alan Brogan is a lock for POTY imo - not that he wouldnt deserve it just saying is all

Comment

You're right to a certain degree. Eoin Culliton deserved an All Star nomination solely on the back of his performance against Dublin in the Leinster Championship if you ask me. Probably the only thing that stopped Dublin putting a cricket score on Laois.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                          Paddy Kelly??? PADDY FUCKING KELLY???

Where is the All Ireland winning Captain Bryan Cullen? That's a fucking joke!
                                                                                                          He shouldn't have won one anyway IMO, but he should have been nominated alright and no way Paddy Kelly should be there. Bizarro.

Comment

well I'll put it another way Kevin McManamon is down for an All star (taking Bryan cullens place) because he came on and scored a crucial goal in the final. Are you telling me his yearly contribution entitles him to an all star award?

Also feel a bit sorry for the 3 Dublin starters not to get a nomination - Fitzpatrick (unsung hero of the defence) James McCarthy. who else am I missing that I cant think of?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                              well I'll put it another way Kevin McManamon is down for an All star (taking Bryan cullens place) because he came on and scored a crucial goal in the final. Are you telling me his yearly contribution entitles him to an all star award?

Also feel a bit sorry for the 3 Dublin starters not to get a nomination - Fitzpatrick (unsung hero of the defence) James McCarthy. who else am I missing that I cant think of?
                                                                                                              Barry Cahill

Comment

He shouldn't have won one anyway IMO, but he should have been nominated alright and no way Paddy Kelly should be there. Bizarro.
                                                                                                                My thoughts exactly.

I can think of absolutely no justification for Paddy Kelly whatsoever. I can even justify McMenamin (a ridiculous nomination) before I can justify Paddy Kelly.

Comment

Put in your address and it sends a robot to your gaff to blow it up.
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    http://www.chaosinyourtown.com/

Put in your address and it sends a robot to your gaff to blow it up.
                                                                                                                    Can I give it someone else's address instead?

Comment

Tell her be carefull i got a jersey seized last month. If i was them i wouldnt order in bulk and there seems to be a crackdown on it aswell.

I mean its a fantastic idea but im pretty sure its pretty much the same thing as selling dodgy fags.

Edit : If she is going to do it soccertriads.com is cheaper way cheaper.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by tipp86; 04-10-11, 17:58.
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        thank you tipperary101

thank you too , im gonna run it up to thousands tipperary101

I had an aunt home from scotland on hols for nearly a week and then i went to kilarney, we are getting back on track hopefully this week
                                                                                                                        Shipped.

Comment

Can I give it someone else's address instead?
                                                                                                                          Yep.
                                                                                                                          My sister should have a ringing in her ears just about now.

That'll learn her.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X