X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    How much are those tickets?

€45 from the FAI website for the cheapest, or €49.50 if you prefer to pay a ticketmaster service charge.

And they gave me Row Z, I always thought Row Z was a commentator myth.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      €45 from the FAI website for the cheapest, or €49.50 if you prefer to pay a ticketmaster service charge.

And they gave me Row Z, I always thought Row Z was a commentator myth.
      Too pricey for me anyway, nvm...

Comment

Bought tickets for my first Aviva game next Tuesday, would be rather nice if Slovakia do us a favour and the Armenia game becomes a 'win to qualify automatically' occasion played in front of a packed 48,000 expectant crowd.

Suspect it's more likely to be an 'avoid defeat to sneak into the playoffs' situation though, played in the as usual half empty stadium.
        On the plus side for the Slovaks, their more influential players have game time under their belts unlike when Armenia hammered them where a lot looked really unfit as Serie A/La Liga seasons were barely started. Hard to 2nd guess any result in this group so approaching it with blind hope rather than any logical reasoning is the way to go. The perverse side of me would almost prefer a playoff situation. Whatever happens it's bound to be a mammoth struggle, we're unable to things with any sort of conviction, but hey it would feel odd if it was any different.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          On the plus side for the Slovaks, their more influential players have game time under their belts unlike when Armenia hammered them where a lot looked really unfit as Serie A/La Liga seasons were barely started. Hard to 2nd guess any result in this group so approaching it with blind hope rather than any logical reasoning is the way to go. The perverse side of me would almost prefer a playoff situation. Whatever happens it's bound to be a mammoth struggle, we're unable to things with any sort of conviction, but hey it would feel odd if it was any different.
          I get the feeling Trap would be delighted with playoff's - 2 scoreless draws & penos

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              well had typed it into an after-tax income calculator; but more surprised at the regular day-to-day cost of living in Dublin. Had thought it would be a good few hundred cheaper, and those few hundred were a core component of saving. Just goes to show you have to live and breathe it before you really understand it!

I'd obv do a bit more calculation, but would nearly be tempted to opt out of pension to have the relative certainty of my contributions going to my own pension rather than sunk into a politically-adjustable future state pension.

Fine enough with a paycut if it has to be done, although don't think it would be justified in my case given that my position is funded by taught Masters fees. No point thinking about those non-changeable things. And hopefully wifey's PhD scholarship will be flowing into the coffers at that stage! Seems you really have to be a two-income household to make these things work.

Anywho, ordered that The Pledge book on Saturday so expecting a flood of life improvements soon enough!
              There is definitely another 15-20% in relative deflation to go in Ireland in relation to the cost of living. It does suprise a lot of people as they expect that things would have fully adjusted by now but actually they haven't come close to getting to where they need to be and you'd have to expect an undershoot as well.

This is especially true where the central bureaucracy is involved in setting the costs. When you think about it - the govt is charging too much for services and even at that we aren't close to filling the gap between income and expenditure.

I'm not sure if you have the option to opt out of the civil service pension. Tbh the likelihood is that the govts true cost of providing your particular pension will be very low as you will have paid for >75% of the cost of it over the years. This is how they propose to fund the workers who have only paid <20% of the cost of their pension. I can't wait for a new union to form for the Fucked over Public Sector workers. I can see the protests now.....

The Pledge will sort you out Michael!
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The Independent is such a rag.

Comment

Blueshirt Bugle.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk
                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                    Blueshirt Bugle
                    More like a Bertie Bible, at least for the entirety of the 'Celtic Tiger', they only turned on FF (and not 100%) after the election this year. And their columnists would still kneel before Bertie given half a chance...

Comment

I.P.B Sportsbetting Syndicate III - Sign up thread

Comment

Comment

Smart phone giant HTC is investigating claims that a security flaw is leaving users' personal data, including location information, open to exposure.

HTC phone security flaw
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

As CourierCollie and myself found out, there's a way in Tapatalk settings to turn off that 'Sent from my...'. Just to save you having to manually delete it everytime.
                            Just realised after posting it.

The sunday indo just follows whatever it thinks will appease middle class mortgage owners

Comment

Some bunch of fucking tools down the Employment Centre, have no clue what they are at and direct me to go to the Welfare office for answers. Really no idea what they do down there other than sit behind the counter and look bored

Comment

Anyone got a link to that pic of a photoshopped tiny Michael D next to the other presidential candidates?

Orig SHD image seems to be gone and can't find it on google images
                                Attached Files
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  lolHow can you talk about your expectations for the housing market in Ireland without understanding how little the middle income earners in this country actually have to spend.
                                  this ^^ (although it is all relevant and very much comes down to the choices you made in the last decade)
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just realised after posting it.

The sunday indo just follows whatever it thinks will appease middle class mortgage owners
                                    yes they have gone from "the smart and ballsy guys are buying up property right now" to "where's my NAMA?" with barely a stop for breath

also, the level of revisionism surrounding their sucking of Bertie's cock pre-2007 is jaw-dropping.

Comment

it's actually quite depressing. I like newspapers and, no matter where I am in the world, will usually try to spend 20 minutes reading one. The choice in Ireland is now more or less gone - tabloid muck, Indo muck or 'the paper of record', which itself is slipping badly from previous standards, although I still read it.
                                      *(Examiner doesn't count due to LOLCork connotations)

And there's not one Sunday paper worth buying since the Tribune folded.

If you take a strong, vibrant fourth estate as a barometer of the health of public discourse and civil society....we're pretty fooked.

Comment

I'm not sure if you have the option to opt out of the civil service pension.
                                        you don't

Comment

just do what I do. hate all newspapers equally and get all your news through hearsay and the BBV, with an occasional dip into the Phoenix.

Say what you like about the Phoenix, and while alot of it is wrong, it's still a better indicator on the working of the irish political system than any of the papers will tell you.

Comment

Say what you like about the Phoenix, and while alot of it is wrong, it's still a better indicator on the working of the irish political system than any of the papers will tell you.
                                            I'd rather get my news from taxi drivers. Phoenix is beyond garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              pffft, you're just jealous you haven't been mentioned in it yet.

Comment

They need to bring back the slate
                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

You called

Comment

So many shows to watch tonight, I actually won't have time to see them all
                                                    Boardwalk Empire
                                                    Dexter
                                                    How to make it in Amaerica
                                                    Homeland
                                                    The Apprentice

Comment

Having an argument with a co-"worker" about the surface area of a 16 inch pizza. I say 201 inches squared, he says i'm talking shite

Comment

Just eat it before it gets cold.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                          Having an argument with a co-"worker" about the surface area of a 16 inch pizza. I say 201 inches squared, he says i'm talking shite
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                            Boardwalk Empire
                                                            Dexter
                                                            Homeland
                                                            The Apprentice
                                                            Yeah loads of new stuff to catch up on have last weeks and this weeks Breaking Bad to look forward to.
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

deep pan or thin crust? remember, you have to count in 3 dimentions, not 2.

Comment

laughing at this all morning, mate of mine told me he was out on saturday night and was coming home on his own and decided to play a little trick on some taxi drivers-

Said mate had his €20 to comfortably cover his fair home and seen three taxis lined up across the road,

He jumps in the first taxi on the rank and says "Here mate i have no money but if you leave me off at rathfarnham ill give you a blowjob"

Taxi driver-"GTFO"

Jumps out of the taxi and in to the second taxi, says the same again and gets the same response.

Jumps in to the third and just says "rathfarnham please", taxi obviously pulls away and off they go as the the other two drivers are in shock at their mate who they now think is taking
                                                                first offer

Comment

deep pan or thin crust? remember, you have to count in 3 dimentions, not 2.
                                                                  Deep pan

PS: Apparently it took three women three days to give birth to Sean O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Yeah loads of new stuff to catch up on have last weeks and this weeks Breaking Bad to look forward to.
                                                                    Still haven't started into that, going to be a while yet I would say!!

Comment

Anyone be able to tell me how I go about getting a tax number so I can invoice someone? Been reading citizensinformation.ie for last hour trying to find out about social entitlements and working for next few weeks. Brain is fried

Comment

Ireland Up To Fifth In World Rankings

Comment

Still haven't started into that, going to be a while yet I would say!!
                                                                          Well Season 4 is finishing up next week so would be an ideal time to get stuck into it.

Defo have to get my RS account back up and active couldn't find decent torrent links today for some of the shows that aired last night as the new tv season is in full swing at the moment would like to have a good source for getting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            If Michael Twee wins the presidency it will be in no small part down to the way they have used his hands on the poster.
                                                                            Don't know what it is about them but its very effective.
                                                                            That's quite weird I was thinking the exact same thing today. What do you reckon it is about the shot? It's very well done. I can't quite put my finger on why though.

Does it make him kind off look like a Pope or Jesus or something?

Comment

Boardwalk Empire
                                                                              Dexter
                                                                              Homeland
                                                                              The Apprentice
                                                                              The Irish one starting tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                Anyone be able to tell me how I go about getting a tax number so I can invoice someone? Been reading citizensinformation.ie for last hour trying to find out about social entitlements and working for next few weeks. Brain is fried
                                                                                There is a forum over in the other place.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Any word from sat nav? didn't see her on sunday.

Comment

Just for the day that's in it:

SPOILER

Above is safe for work, just spoilered cos it's gifs.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                      The Irish one starting tonight?
                                                                                      Pretty sure I seen an add for tonight alright

Comment

Pretty sure I seen an add for tonight alright
                                                                                        Ya, 9pm.

Comment

Guns n Roses came on stage in Rio at 2:45am last night. Surely a record, even for them!

Comment

you don't
                                                                                            It depends how he is hired. Some people on contract pay the levies but they can claim it back if the contract ends before they can claim a pension benefit.

It's a rare number of cases at present but given how diverse academic contracts can be I wouldn't be comfortable with such a definitive answer.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

It depends how he is hired. Some people on contract pay the levies but they can claim it back if the contract ends before they can claim a pension benefit.

It's a rare number of cases at present but given how diverse academic contracts can be I wouldn't be comfortable with such a definitive answer.
                                                                                              ah OK, I was thinking more of your bog-standard CS\PS employee. Fair point.

I remember a friend of mine, who looks after payroll in a PS organisation, telling me that he reckoned at least 30% of the staff had asked him about 'opting out'. Shows you how squeezed people are.

Comment

Going back to work for 4 weeks as 'self-employed' seems to be a lot of hassle. Be easier to stay on the fucking social.

Breaking Bad was good

Comment

further to my earlier point about taxi drivers (and indeed the decline of the Irish Times), The Hurricane will appreciate this snippet from the IT today (an old Cruiskeen Lawn piece):

I HAPPENED to glance at my hands the other day and noticed they were yellow. Conclusion: I am growing old (though I claim I am not yet too old to dream). Further conclusion: I should set about writing my memoirs. Be assured that such a book would be remarkable, for to the extraordinary adventures which have been my lot there is no end. (Nor will there be.) Here is one little adventure that will give you some idea.

Many years ago a Dublin friend asked me to spend an evening with him. Assuming that the man was interested in philosophy and knew that immutable truth can sometimes be acquired through the kinesis of disputation, I consented. How wrong I was may be judged from the fact that my friend arrived at the rendezvous in a taxi and whisked me away to a licensed premises in the vicinity of Lucan.

Here I was induced to consume a large measure of intoxicating whiskey.

My friend would not hear of another drink in the same place, drawing my attention by nudges to a very sinister-looking character who was drinking stout in the shadows some distance from us.

He was a tall cadaverous person, dressed wholly in black, with a face of deathly grey. We left and drove many miles to the village of Stepaside, where a further drink was ordered. Scarcely to the lip had it been applied when both us noticed – with what feelings I dare not describe – the same tall creature in black, residing in a distant shadow and apparently drinking the same glass of stout.

We finished our own drinks quickly and left at once, taking in this case the Enniskerry road and entering a hostelry in the purlieus of that village.

Here more drinks were ordered but had hardly appeared on the counter when, to the horror of myself and friend, the sinister stranger was discerned some distance away, still patiently dealing with his stout.

We swallowed our drinks raw and hurried out. My friend was now thoroughly scared, and could not be dissuaded from making for the far-away hamlet Celbridge; his idea was that, while another drink was absolutely essential, it was equally essential to put many miles as possible between ourselves and the sinister presence we had just left.

Need I say what happened? We noticed with relief that the public house we entered in Celbridge was deserted, but as our eyes became more accustomed to the poor light, we saw him again; he was standing in the gloom, a more terrible apparition than ever before, ever more menacing with each meeting. My friend had purchased a bottle of whiskey and was now dealing with the stuff in large gulps.

I saw at once that a crisis had been reached and that desperate action was called for.

“No matter where we go,” I said, “this being will be there unless we can now assert a superior will and confound evil machinations that are on foot. I do not know whence comes this apparition, but certainly of this world it is not. It is my intention to challenge him.”

My friend gazed at me in horror, made some gesture of remonstrance, but apparently could not speak.

My own mind was made up. It was me or this diabolical adversary: there could be no evading the clash of wills, only one of us could survive. I finished my drink with an assurance I was far from feeling and marched straight up to the presence.

A nearer sight of him almost stopped the action of my heart; here undoubtedly was no man but some spectral emanation from the tomb, the undead come on some task of inhuman vengeance.

“I do not like the look of you,” I said, somewhat lamely.

“I don’t think so much of you either,” the thing replied; the voice was cracked, low and terrible.

“I demand to know,” I said sternly, “why you persist in following myself and my friend everywhere we go.”

“I cannot go home until you first go home,” the thing replied. There was an ominous undertone in this that almost paralysed me.

“Why not?” I managed to say.

SPOILER
                                                                                                  “Because I am the taxi-driver!”

Out of such strange incidents is woven the pattern of what I am pleased to call my life
                                                                                                  .

Comment

most likely heading for australia next year and thinking of doing a few evening courses before i head out and try and land myself a cushy number out there. some kinda business type course along the lines of management or supervisor type thing. was looking on the internet at cork and waterford but i couldn't seem to find any that would give me a certificate/diploma/ or something like that, from what i seen a fetac level 6 award seems to be the go of things as regards evening classes, but was hoping to get some sort of hetac award out of it.
                                                                                                    must be doing something wrong as i thought there would tons of these courses available. anyone know of any such courses or point me in the right direction?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Going back to work for 4 weeks as 'self-employed' seems to be a lot of hassle. Be easier to stay on the fucking social.

Breaking Bad was good
                                                                                                      God why would you think of even telling them your going back to work! just don't claim for the 4 weeks and f it paying taxes and Vat, i think you should just invoice your man out with all charges, dont pay the tax or vat unless they come asking you for it! tell the social you tried to go it on your own but couldnt make it work! so that's why the gap is there in you claiming etc

for all the trouble it is i would just stay on the dole!

Comment

@ BK I hope Atlanta bench Turner for the 2nd half with the game in the bag against Seattle or I'm in trouble on the fantasy league.

Eh anybody watch the last ep of fringe? I have a query...

SPOILER
                                                                                                        What is it that Marjory did in the dream sequence?? Was it just me that was getting the hint of she had sex with him as a child or something??
                                                                                                        Eh...

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Don't think that happened she opened the box in the barn and I assume there was some dead animal in it but instead of giving out to him she comforted him.

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 03-10-11, 15:05. Reason: Huge ass forum breaking pic

Comment

Every fucking day

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Somebody suggest an album please.Something for kitchen stuff.
                                                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                  Now Thats What I call Music 7.

Comment

Takk.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      Metropolis Blue or Universe
                                                                                                                      They don't have the full album on Grooveshark so I had to mix the selection.Will check them later.

Now Thats What I call Music 7.
                                                                                                                      You probably actually dig that stuff.You have the same taste in music as my Mrs

Takk.
                                                                                                                      Never heard of 'em,qued up next.
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

...

Comment

Heart and Soul by Steve Brookstein.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X