X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40something View Post
    Yeah, that must be it. Lol still at the second place guy though
    Looking the final payouts he was probably 5th in chips at the time the deal was made and got heads up with dan smith for what was held back.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
      Last Nights Sunday Mill deal.

Chippie gets more then first place.

Lol at the second place guy giving away €70k

whats sicker is that its this guy http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=133383

and he shipped the 5k on ongame too for 200k mbn
      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

That chap has had a pretty good year then.

Comment

Must be a day for legal judgements. Frankie Boyle's won his libel case against the Mirror.

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Bit of advice needed here actually.
            Fucked up my knee playing football last thursday. Happened halfway through the game, was able to play through it. But knew there was something wrong straight away. Anyway it was kind of a stretched twist. Thing was like a balloon the last few days, couldn't walk on it at all really without severe pain on friday or most of saturday. Less pain last couple of days, but still quite swollen. Need to get it looked at, anyone have a good recommendation on where in Dublin to go to get it checked out and scanned?

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
              Fucked up my knee playing football last thursday. Happened halfway through the game, was able to play through it. But knew there was something wrong straight away. Anyway it was kind of a stretched twist. Thing was like a balloon the last few days, couldn't walk on it at all really without severe pain on friday or most of saturday. Less pain last couple of days, but still quite swollen. Need to get it looked at, anyone have a good recommendation on where in Dublin to go to get it checked out and scanned?
              VHI Clinic.

Hurt my arm a couple of years ago, in, xrayed, bandaged up and out in 45 minutes.

Comment

Blown head gasket obv.

You around Dublin btw, playing the IWF?
                "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Do they not have to leave something like 30k to play for? Surely he just won it outright and got that added to his deal amount?
                  20k left over so the deal was 199............................................... ....115 / 102 / 89 / 85, that's just sick. He would have had to have a massive lead and to be killing the table. Even so, how would they agree to that. Gonna have to watch the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                    Blown head gasket obv.

You around Dublin btw, playing the IWF?
                    When is this IWF?

Comment

Best phone on the market currently please?(leaving brand biases aside)
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Also on a side note, I've always felt health insurance is a complete rip off. Never had it, then had appendicitis a couple years back which cost me a bit, got pressured into getting it by the parents then, so had a global policy yoke for the last year, but anytime I had any issues, claiming was like extracting blood from a stone. Then this injury now, I've spent over an hour on the phone to them today to ask if I'm covered for this, and they are sidestepping me transferring back and forth between global and domestic policy people, telling me I need to change my policy from global to domestic and on and on and on aguidshyfgjlkdfhgldsfjkghdsflgjkhdsfgdfhg dfkgjh g FML.
                        Definitely cancelling my policy, hopefully VHI go out of business and anyone who's running it gets a serious illness and dies and isn't covered under their health plan.

Cliffs: On tilt, VHI suck balls, hope lots of people die

Comment

When is this IWF?
                          Saturday, pints in the burlo Friday nite?
                          "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

What time does play start on Sat? I'm only going to be able to be there Saturday, and was gonna head up Sat morning, but now that I think of it, Friday night might be a better idea.

Comment

Yep down for that, not sure about the poker, but yeah pints will do.

Comment

Also on a side note, I've always felt health insurance is a complete rip off. Never had it, then had appendicitis a couple years back which cost me a bit, got pressured into getting it by the parents then, so had a global policy yoke for the last year, but anytime I had any issues, claiming was like extracting blood from a stone. Then this injury now, I've spent over an hour on the phone to them today to ask if I'm covered for this, and they are sidestepping me transferring back and forth between global and domestic policy people, telling me I need to change my policy from global to domestic and on and on and on aguidshyfgjlkdfhgldsfjkghdsflgjkhdsfgdfhg dfkgjh g FML.
                                Definitely cancelling my policy, hopefully VHI go out of business and anyone who's running it gets a serious illness and dies and isn't covered under their health plan.

Cliffs: On tilt, VHI suck balls, hope lots of people die
                                Keep your insurance

Jesus id go hungry before id not have proper private health insurance.
                                I broke leg and dislocated ankle 2 and a half years ago and was brought to the nearest hospital Vincents which was fine.
                                Was waiting on surgery and spent the first night in a storage room and was in massive pain couldnt sleep people constantly coming in getting stuff.

Next day am in a corridor the winter vomiting bug was rampant at the time and there was a few older people close to me who looked like they were on the way out all public patients im sure.

Got in a room at 7 that night with a young lad who had serious stomach problems was killed with diarrohea the smell was horrific another old lad in the far corner the day after was coughing and puking for 12 hours straight the roomw as then quarantined as they thought he had the vomiting bug.

Had no tv and feck all privacy was there for a total of 6 days if i was private more than likely own room and tv food could be got off a menu i swear had a rubber fish one day.

Luckily i had friends and team mates sneaking me in stuff and played tag rugby with acouple of women doctors there too.

Id hate to have to be in that situation and think private health insurance is worth every penny even if its unlikey you will ever need it.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                  Keep your insurance

I broke leg and dislocated ankle 2 and a half years ago and was brought to the nearest hospital Vincents which was fine.
                                  Was waiting on surgery and spent the first night in a storage room and was in massive pain couldnt sleep people constantly coming in getting stuff.

Next day am in a corridor the winter vomiting bug was rampant at the time and there was a few older people close to me who looked like they were on the way out all public patients im sure.

Got in a room at 7 that night with a young lad who had serious stomach problems was killed with diarrohea the smell was horrific another old lad in the far corner the day after was coughing and puking for 12 hours straight the roomw as then quarantined as they thought he had the vomiting bug.

Had no tv and feck all privacy was there for a total of 6 days if i was private more than likely own room and tv food could be got off a menu i swear had a rubber fish one day.

Luckily i had friends and team mates sneaking me in stuff and played tag rugby with acouple of women doctors there too.

Id hate to have to be in that situation and think private health insurance is worth every penny even if its unlikey you will ever need it.
                                  + 1. i've had about 300-400k of medical bills paid for me by private health insurance already. never giving it up!!!

Comment

Keep your insurance

Got in a room at 7 that night with a young lad who had serious stomach problems was killed with diarrohea the smell was horrific another old lad in the far corner the day after was coughing and puking for 12 hours straight the roomw as then quarantined as they thought he had the vomiting bug

while i agree with you on the health insurance...really important. it just baffles me when people complain about other people being sick in a hospital. ITS A HOSPITAL. also what did you rob from the storeroom?
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Keep your insurance

Obviously not going to be mixing with the riff-raff in the public hospitals, just figure I'm better off paying my own way than giving money to those robbing bastards who never pay out whenever I have a problem. Figure rather than paying twice for my health, am better off just paying once.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        Private Health insurance may be dear. It quickly turns to being very very cheap when you need to rely on it.
                                        Slight problem there though. You are paying for piece of mind really.
                                        Unless I have misunderstood how insurance companies work that is. They take in X, pay out Y and X is almost always greater and Y, otherwise they wouldn't exist.

Comment

And don't forget about the juice for risk equalisation.

Comment

Unless I have misunderstood how insurance companies work that is. They take in X, pay out Y and X is almost always greater and Y, otherwise they wouldn't exist.
                                            They take X and invest it and hopefully turn it into Y + a little for profit

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              What time does play start on Sat? I'm only going to be able to be there Saturday, and was gonna head up Sat morning, but now that I think of it, Friday night might be a better idea.
                                              Kicking off at 2.

Yep down for that, not sure about the poker, but yeah pints will do.
                                              Cool, will give ya a text Friday.

Comment

No word from Sligboi? I hope he survived Coppers.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

The real issue is that you cant get catastrophe insurance and self insure up to a certain level. That plus even private can be shite until you go to the mega level.
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Private Health insurance may be dear. It quickly turns to being very very cheap when you need to rely on it.
                                                    Best advice posted here since I told RooneyDives to give up poker

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                      Is he the dwarf (according to satnav)?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                        while i agree with you on the health insurance...really important. it just baffles me when people complain about other people being sick in a hospital. ITS A HOSPITAL. also what did you rob from the storeroom?
                                                        My point being if i had insurance id not have been in same room as people who had possibly highly infectious diseases.

Miserable enough waiting 6 days for an operation with out projectile puking and possibly shitting everywhere and seeing as i was forced to lie down would have been aproblem.

No tv was tough as i was in same place 24/7 too was a tv room but couldnt be moved.

Im sure i didnt get a cheap surgeon and saw my consultant daily failed to rob anythingf rom store room only place could hide it was internally.

Comment

Obviously not going to be mixing with the riff-raff in the public hospitals, just figure I'm better off paying my own way than giving money to those robbing bastards who never pay out whenever I have a problem. Figure rather than paying twice for my health, am better off just paying once.
                                                          Its not as if you are self insuring something like a phone worth €500 if you are caught with needing something even moderately serious like say major orthopedic work, cancer or cardiac issues you are going to be looking at handing over in the range from 150K to a couple of million. Sure the odds favour a healthy young lad at the moment but thems the chances you take.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                            They take X and invest it and hopefully turn it into Y + a little for profit
                                                            Lol.

Vhi take X and waste half of it and run at a loss.
                                                            Aviva probably do alright as they bought a proper business from Brayruit and co.
                                                            Laya undercharged historically to grab market share and create more notional profit for Mr Quinn. Now furiously increasing prices and learning to reserve properly.
                                                            Glohealth run by our own Brayruit. Take premiums and reinsure on the global market and by just aggressively marketing and targeting good risks will do very well thank you very much.

The amount of capital for long term investing and making a profit in the Irish healthcare market is pretty small by international comparisons I'd say.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                              Is he the dwarf (according to satnav)?
                                                              Lol harsh on him
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                Best advice posted here since I told RooneyDives to give up poker
                                                                Why? CS is basically pointing out that Health Insurance is -EV or they wouldn't be in business. If you can afford to bear the cost yourself and I understand the means involved here need to be pretty great but if you can then surely you should avoid it? It's the same basic principle that gets discussed on here regularly about at what point does the value of a flip become so great to you personally that it isn't worth the risk even if you have an edge.

Opr

Comment

No-one can afford the type of costs involved. My dad was in Hospital for 3 Months and had nothing major done to him, but had consultations with various experts. His bill by the end was upwards of 30k. Had things turned out differently this could have been easily ten times that. I remember he was pretty happy as he worked in Insurance, and had changed Health Insurance a short while previously!

If you are sure that you will always have several million around to cover for the worst case scenario, then don't bother with it.

Comment

Anyone give cliffs on what they're putting in this Children's Rights bill? Any reason to vote no?

Comment

Anybody play the 25K game in the jackpot on a monday? any good..thinking of heading in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                        Anybody play the 25K game in the jackpot on a monday? any good..thinking of heading in.
                                                                        25k in the jackpot tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                          Anyone give cliffs on what they're putting in this Children's Rights bill? Any reason to vote no?
                                                                          I'd imagine this will be the lowest turnout for a referendum ever possibly.
                                                                          Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                          I'm assuming he is referring to starting stack. A little misleading, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't that.

Comment

Cardshark202 you must be the biggest nit in the world. Not having health insurance is beyond retarded. If the shit really hit the fan (obv hugely unlikely) no normal people are in a position to afford it, its not only protecting you but your family aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              I'd imagine this will be the lowest turnout for a referendum ever possibly.
                                                                              I assume it's a complete no-brainer yes vote?

Comment

Those posters have some hideous looking children imo

Comment

I assume it's a complete no-brainer yes vote?
                                                                                  "The Christian Solidarity Party, Parents for Children, The Alliance for Parents Against the State, editor of Alive newspaper Fr Brian McKevitt and solicitor and community activist Malachy Steenson are campaigning against the referendum." + Senator Mullen.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    Those posters have some hideous looking children imo
                                                                                    Word.

"The Christian Solidarity Party, Parents for Children, The Alliance for Parents Against the State, editor of Alive newspaper Fr Brian McKevitt and solicitor and community activist Malachy Steenson are campaigning against the referendum." + Senator Mullen.
                                                                                    Sounds like I should vote Yes twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                      Why? CS is basically pointing out that Health Insurance is -EV or they wouldn't be in business. If you can afford to bear the cost yourself and I understand the means involved here need to be pretty great but if you can then surely you should avoid it? It's the same basic principle that gets discussed on here regularly about at what point does the value of a flip become so great to you personally that it isn't worth the risk even if you have an edge.

Opr
                                                                                      Here your tournament life syndrome relates to your actual life.

Comment

Health insurance = apocalypse insurance.

Much different from buildings contents insurance etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                          He was involved in this I reckon

Comment

Actuarially cardshark is paying twice what he should be paying for a beyond shite service. Thats because others aren't paying enough and its a totally mismanaged overpaying system with no incentive by any of the major vested interests to fix it. We all know that in reality he's not going to give it up unless he's reckless once he calms down but he still has a valid point.

What can he do about it constructively is the question really.

Comment

Ha!
                                                                                              Brian McKevitt used to teach me, I would regularly make him cry by trying to make him explain the logic behind the extremely dubious positions he used to try to foist on us. He was more than a little deranged back then but I think he's lost the plot completely now.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post

TONIGHT'S GAME
                                                                                                Buy-ins
                                                                                                €35
                                                                                                Tournament
                                                                                                Monday Mega Turbo
                                                                                                Starts
                                                                                                8.30pm
                                                                                                Details
                                                                                                Entry €30 + €5 Reg;
                                                                                                Starting stack 25k;
                                                                                                Early bird 1k;
                                                                                                Clock 12 mins.

Comment

Ye all think that Obama is still the mortal lock for the US election, I reckon there is value to be had on Mitt now @ 15/8. Mad am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Here your tournament life syndrome relates to your actual life.
                                                                                                    lol. I wonder what the numbers are like, anyone hazard a guess at a % for people under 40 who will incur medical costs greater than 50k? Lets say you have the means to cover this and everything beyond this point is described as catastrophic? What is the percentage like that will have costs beyond this point? Less than 1%? How much does free medical care factor into the equation? Insurance companies essentially run a type of bank which redistributes money as needed but I presume profits on money held are not passed onto the customer in the form of money or reduced policy and doesn't directly relate to profitability rather they just take X and pay Y with associated costs. I dunno it looks like a right sucker play

Opr
                                                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 22-10-12, 17:27.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                      Actuarially cardshark is paying twice what he should be paying for a beyond shite service. Thats because others aren't paying enough and its a totally mismanaged overpaying system with no incentive by any of the major vested interests to fix it. We all know that in reality he's not going to give it up unless he's reckless once he calms down but he still has a valid point.

What can he do about it constructively is the question really.
                                                                                                      I get the feeling you are in favour of an open market in healthcare and insurances.
                                                                                                      That will not work here unless we want to become as terrible a system as America.
                                                                                                      Risk equalisation, universal insurance and a hospital system and Insurance system that both actively favour private companies run on a not for profit basis are the way forward.

As to what he can do about it he can self insure but he better have at least a liquid million to hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                        lol. I wonder what the numbers are like, anyone hazard a guess at a % for people under 40 who will incur medical costs greater than 50k? Lets say you have the means to cover this and everything beyond this point is described as catastrophic? What is the percentage like that will have costs beyond this point? Less than 1%? How much does free medical care factor into the equation? Insurance companies essentially run a type of bank which redistributes money as needed but I presume profits on money held are not passed onto the customer in the form of money or reduced policy and doesn't directly relate to profitability rather they just take X and pay Y with associated costs. I dunno it looks like a right sucker play

Opr
                                                                                                        From the VHI they are.

ANd most people under 40 have a couple of kids they must be heading close to 20K a pop in the private hospitals these days ???

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                          Cardshark202 you must be the biggest nit in the world. Not having health insurance is beyond retarded. If the shit really hit the fan (obv hugely unlikely) no normal people are in a position to afford it, its not only protecting you but your family aswell.
                                                                                                          Depends on your viewpoint, some see it as a massive gamble to not have health insurance, though insurance itself is a gamble.
                                                                                                          It's quite hard for most people to be objective in this instance because everyone has either had something happen to them or a relative or friend where health insurance bailed them out bigtime. But if that was happening to everyone, VHI would be broke.
                                                                                                          If I was rich enough then it would be beyond retarded to have health insurance as I could cover myself. I am not that rich though, just somewhat affluent and if I did get some horrific disease, I would go broke without health insurance.
                                                                                                          However, the actual chance of something horrible happen are quite slim and given the nature of insurance companies they generally do their best to not pay a fucking penny anyway so there's a chance I could keep my health insurance and still pay through the nose for health procedures like the possible knee transplant I will probably need.
                                                                                                          My granny had health insurance and took VHI to the cleaners, but there's a lot of people who pay it all their lives have almost nothing happen and VHI takes them to the cleaners.
                                                                                                          I understand how it works, the risks involved etc.. but really am quite tilted at having health insurance and having to pay all my own bill anyway due to some technicality. I have a global health cover plan, covers everywhere but USA and Canada according to the booklet, but now VHI are arguing that I'm not even covered in Ireland. They tell me I'm only covered for 60 days in a row here, and I have to prove to them I'm going to leave the country within 60 days to get covered for this issue which occured within 35 days of my last trip abroad.
                                                                                                          Last year in Argentina I had a urinary infection, had to pay for it all myself despite having Global cover, the VHI made me jump through hoops to claim back what I paid, then they only paid for less than 30% of it. It's after instances like that that make me wonder what am I doing this for?

TILT

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Ye all think that Obama is still the mortal lock for the US election, I reckon there is value to be had on Mitt now @ 15/8. Mad am I?
                                                                                                            Nope, he's far from a lock.

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Depends on your viewpoint, some see it as a massive gamble to not have health insurance, though insurance itself is a gamble.
                                                                                                                It's quite hard for most people to be objective in this instance because everyone has either had something happen to them or a relative or friend where health insurance bailed them out bigtime. But if that was happening to everyone, VHI would be broke.
                                                                                                                If I was rich enough then it would be beyond retarded to have health insurance as I could cover myself. I am not that rich though, just somewhat affluent and if I did get some horrific disease, I would go broke without health insurance.
                                                                                                                However, the actual chance of something horrible happen are quite slim and given the nature of insurance companies they generally do their best to not pay a fucking penny anyway so there's a chance I could keep my health insurance and still pay through the nose for health procedures like the possible knee transplant I will probably need.
                                                                                                                My granny had health insurance and took VHI to the cleaners, but there's a lot of people who pay it all their lives have almost nothing happen and VHI takes them to the cleaners.
                                                                                                                I understand how it works, the risks involved etc.. but really am quite tilted at having health insurance and having to pay all my own bill anyway due to some technicality. I have a global health cover plan, covers everywhere but USA and Canada according to the booklet, but now VHI are arguing that I'm not even covered in Ireland. They tell me I'm only covered for 60 days in a row here, and I have to prove to them I'm going to leave the country within 60 days to get covered for this issue which occured within 35 days of my last trip abroad.
                                                                                                                Last year in Argentina I had a urinary infection, had to pay for it all myself despite having Global cover, the VHI made me jump through hoops to claim back what I paid, then they only paid for less than 30% of it. It's after instances like that that make me wonder what am I doing this for?

TILT
                                                                                                                Brave man telling people you ahd a urinary infection aka the clap stay away from them Buenos Aires slum whores and youll be fine.

Comment

Nope, he's far from a lock.
                                                                                                                  Still seems like almost a lock from everything I've read. A lock to win a close election that is.

Comment

Some neville farted on the bus.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Brave man telling people you ahd a urinary infection aka the clap stay away from them Buenos Aires slum whores and youll be fine.
                                                                                                                      lol, that is the immediate assumption people make, but it wasn't that kind of urinary infection. Possibly should have stated that.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        From the VHI they are.

ANd most people under 40 have a couple of kids they must be heading close to 20K a pop in the private hospitals these days ???
                                                                                                                        Is free healthcare that bad that child costs are really an issue? Do they have a particular investment strategy which if it goes wrong as with the markets over the last few years that losses as well as profits are passed onto the customer or is it all low risk, low return investment stuff?

Opr

Comment

wtf...Robert Webb reading stories on Disney Jr. Something creepy and sinister about him in that role!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X