Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think so. I havent looked into it. There is definite links between high carb diets and increased blood pressure (hypertension) but from any studies Ive read it was high blood pressure in overweight adults who had a high carb diet.

So carbs made you fat made you have high blood pressure.

I havent seen any studies of anyone of normal weight range and hypertension due to dietary protein/fat though.

Im gonna stop anyway cos Im not a doctor!
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
        I dont think so. I havent looked into it. There is definite links between high carb diets and increased blood pressure (hypertension) but from any studies Ive read it was high blood pressure in overweight adults who had a high carb diet.

So carbs made you fat made you have high blood pressure.

I havent seen any studies of anyone of normal weight range and hypertension due to dietary protein/fat though.

Im gonna stop anyway cos Im not a doctor!
        Yeah I thought that but got a bit of a shock the other day when I used a home testing thing so I'm gonna go to a GP to check it for me to be sure. Weird because a year ago it was perfect when I was on a shit diet, no exercise and six stone heavier

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            Yeah I thought that but got a bit of a shock the other day when I used a home testing thing so I'm gonna go to a GP to check it for me to be sure. Weird because a year ago it was perfect when I was on a shit diet, no exercise and six stone heavier
            Ok last thing.

I get a loud pulse in the morning and increased resting pulse after a heavy weights session, or else continuous sessions with no real rest days. Might be the cause?
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

10,000th post

Gimmeabreak
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Similar here with flight back from New York. Oh that was so painful - especially the takeoff which had been delayed due to storms. Going up was bad enough, but the entire flight the fecking plane kept on shaking like a mad thing so there was no respite. Kept thinking back to having looked up on wiki that the Delta plane - the 757-200 - is about 30 years old and wondering how the plane was even keeping held together. Some scant comfort from following the map as the plane progressed across the Atlantic and gradually inching a bit closer to our blessed island.

Was half-thinking it was partially to do with flying overnight. It just seems a bit unnatural that the pilots would be fully on their game at that hour. And, of course, you yourself are so tired at that hour which augments the fear.

Nice big A380 hopefully if fly a long flight again even if need to take an intermediary detour to the likes of London, Paris, Madrid to fly with a proper airline. Can't imagine there will be any more dodgy American airlines though.
                Lol sample size I know, but the 4 pilots I've spoken to all think the Boeing is more intuitive to fly in that the airbus system feels more like a computer and the cockpit is pretty different on both flying styles. The A380 air France plane that came down over the Atlantic coming from brazil, fell out of the sky basically because the control system was confusing and a young pilot had the plane pitched up instead of down during a stall and the captain wasn't aware of it because unlike on boeings where if co pilot pulls back on the controls the other set of controls also go back it's just individual control sticks like n a computer.

Coming back from the states is always bumpier because the prevailing wind is a tailwind. The planes deal remarkably well with turbulence as well, and if it's any consolation to your worries pilots will be much more attentive during a flight where they have to make regular adjustments.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Aren't anti-biotics useless against viruses though?
                    Basically. They help but they aren't doing any good.

I was a ridic victim to colds (one every 4 months) when I was in my teens. Mix of what was found out to be a allergy to dust, inflamed adenoids and something to do with dairy.

I didn't even have to pay to go to the doctor, I'd ring up and get a prescription I was that chronic.

I got viruses alot throughout those ~3 years.

Went to a different doc one day, he prescribed penicillin, told me it would be essentially useless to me and to just struggle though the next 3 or so bouts of colds/viruses. Haven't been held back by one for over 4 years. Never been bed ridden since.

Basically what he said was let your immune system build, anti biotics just delay things.

So the prescription is Man the fuck up. It lasts years.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    Taylor keeping it classy right at the end of the match after Dolan beats him.

Part 4/4 | Phil "The Power" Taylor v Brendan DolanQuarter final | PDC European Darts Championship 2012September 23 2012, Germany.

(from about 7:20)
                    He is such a cunt. Why do so many players let him away with it?

Is it because of how good he is or is he just the biggest bullshitter and people pleaser. I bet he tells everyone something different.

Cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                      just one question before I go to bed . I love cheese any cheese, but am confused to whether its fattening or not. if one was to stick to emmets theory of veg and meat etc , well then can you eat like chunks of chedder, well maybe 2 chunks a day and not put on weight. now that I am heading back to work I am going to concentrate on losing some weight .
                      Just an fyi. Large amount of cheese is not gouda for you.

Comment

recovery mission complete

ahhhhhhh

Comment

Racking my brain for good cheese puns, but they've all been churned out briefore

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                            Thats edam lie and you know it

Comment

Night crew > cheesey puns.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Curd we all stop with the cheese puns. It's getting whey out of hand.
                                Reading that nonsense is grating.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  Why did you single me out? you're just as galtee as anyone else

Comment

Cheesy puns = night crew

Comment

Think I will go for a walk

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Please no more puns. I cheddar to think what impression we will make on the day people.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                          Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                          Racking my brain for good cheese puns, but they've all been churned out briefore
                                          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                          Why did you single me out? you're just as galtee as anyone else
                                          Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          Please no more puns. I cheddar to think what impression we will make on the day people.

They are just all so cheesey

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            10,000th post

Gimmeabreak
                                            Very very disappointing

Would have expected so much more!!!!!
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Same, I went through the lipitor literature when my mother got it, and then I looked into it, and actually found some stuff by the guy VforV recommends and dug a little deeper.

Theres a hell of a lot of skepticism, some even think that the lack of enzyme production (cant recall the enzyme type, Ill find out) might even out do any good the statins do because its an anti oxidant and the oxidisation of the cholesterol is what causes the problems.

They remove Pattern A and Pattern B LDLs from your bloodstream. Statins (and the low fat diets they are paired with) cause the body to stop producing all types of cholesterol(including HDL) as its produced by the liver to help digest fat. If youve no fat in your diet, the liver slows this and obviously then the tests show less cholesterol!! Not anything to do with making you 'healthier'.
                                              Not trying to say I am an expert but would the info given by a drug company not be slightly tilted towards diet and exercise not being the cure.

I thought the ties of overweight to Cardio Vascular Disease and high cholesterol were well documented tho and that the dropping of pounds reduces strain on the heart which in turn increases survival and rehab rates.

From that point of view is the diet plan not reasonable. Also it does say that you should cut down on the bad stuff not cut out. Does this not point to moderation being the key. Eating 2 blocks of cheese and 30 eggs a day would not be good for anyone. A boiled egg with some toast and butter is not a problem tho.

Again not saying I am an expert or that I was there to listen but I presume a cardiologist talked to your mum about the benefits of moderating alcohol in take and smoking (if an issue), doing moderate and gentle exercise every day such as walking and keeping a balanced diet.

Comment

Very very disappointing

Would have expected so much more!!!!!
                                                It was apt to the circumstances.

I'm like a great opening batsman whose one weakness is a total inability to come to terms with the unorthodox left-arm spinner.

Comment

It was apt to the circumstances.

I'm like a great opening batsman whose one weakness is a total inability to come to terms with the unorthodox left-arm spinner.
                                                  Iam with sat nav on this one
                                                  post definetley needed more boobage to mark this momentous milestone

Comment

Comment

just one question before I go to bed . I love cheese any cheese, but am confused to whether its fattening or not. if one was to stick to emmets theory of veg and meat etc , well then can you eat like chunks of chedder, well maybe 2 chunks a day and not put on weight. now that I am heading back to work I am going to concentrate on losing some weight .
                                                      Low carb, high protein and high fat is what you want so cheese is fine. Take it to the nutrition/diet thread for proper info though.

Comment

BBV Help

anyone have any idea how much a 2003 Mazda 6 would have cost new (ie back in 2003). Was guessing €23K, this close?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                          That was some freeroll !
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                            BBV Help

anyone have any idea how much a 2003 Mazda 6 would have cost new (ie back in 2003). Was guessing €23K, this close?

Thanks
                                                            Would guess closer to 30k myself.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              That was some freeroll !
                                                              Apparently he was back on the tables playing $7 hu turbos last night. The freeroll was a 1000fpp sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                Iam with sat nav on this one
                                                                post definetley needed more boobage to mark this momentous milestone
                                                                you're right - here's a fine pair of boobies for you

SPOILER

Comment

Apparently he was back on the tables playing $7 hu turbos last night. The freeroll was a 1000fpp sat.
                                                                  the graph of that money disappearing over the next few months will be hillarious/frustrating/sad*
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    I am on another level.
                                                                    I should just write you a cheque before I sit down really, recouped a profit with an online spin anyway. Free dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                      the graph of that money disappearing over the next few months will be hillarious/frustrating/sad*
                                                                      cliffs/who is the guy?

Comment

cliffs/who is the guy?
                                                                        dude spun up 1000 FPPs into 990k WCOOP ME 1st prize.

Comment

basically would be me winning the WCOOP.

Comment

why is the money going to disappear though? notorious degen?

Comment

Ze Germans!!

Fuckers, this is a very unwelcome development. I wouldn't like to be in Noonan's vicinity right now.

Comment

Ze Germans!!

Fuckers, this is a very unwelcome development. I wouldn't like to be in Noonan's vicinity right now.
                                                                                This with riots in Spain and Greek strikes will make for "uneasy" markets today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                  This was worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8hDWdGi6Uk

In relation to the ruling if they believed it was a simultaneous catch the play cant be reviewed apparently and the ball is deemed to be a catch by the reciever. The NFL are releasing a statement today but I highly highly doubt the game will be awarded to the Packers. It will highlight the fact that better officials are needed and hopefully start a movement for them to be paid
                                                                                  I'm obviously rather biased for this one but I think this worse than above and other examples such as Pedro Mendes goal at Old Trafford.
                                                                                  First off, the shove on Sam Shields. I sent a link of the final play to my brother who doesn't really watch the NFL. He goes that the shove was the first thing he noticed and assumed it was legal as it was so blatant. How do they not see that?

Secondly, even live Jennings clearly has it. The ref is looking down with the ball in Jennings hands and awards a TD. What is he looking at?

Lastly and I think what really seperates it from other bad call is when terrible decisions happen you always have the call for video referees. Here we had a video referee look at it and still give it. How can you look at tv replays of the incident and think yeah good call. It's incredible.

Comment

because he immediately jumped up levels from his 1.50 ring games to $7 HU turbos.
                                                                                    Sure, he has the roll for it butI'd imagine a vas majority of what he leaves in his account will be lost.

If it was me I'd cash it all out and probably never play online poker again.

Comment

Nah, Russian uber bankroll nit. Would say the majority gets withdrawn but give any poor person $1m and there's going to be some degenaracy for the majority I'd say.

Comment

because he immediately jumped up levels from his 1.50 ring games to $7 HU turbos..
                                                                                        I don't know that I would call playing off a ~140,000 buy-in roll degen behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                          That was some freeroll !
                                                                                          It was a 107,000 fpp sat which is paying roughly $1700 in FPPs to play.
                                                                                          65,500 fpps on Gold Star can get you a $1050 Super Tues seat

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                            This with riots in Spain and Greek strikes will make for "uneasy" markets today.
                                                                                            we like 'uneasy', it's where we make money

a decent crash pre-Christmas would be nice

Comment

Why are so many people still on holiday. September is supposed to be the month when people get back into work and push projects forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                Bet he is glad he didnt go for the hoodies !
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

But it was his 7th or 8th level, it all started at 100fpp so his actual profit was over $1m

Comment

Why are so many people still on holiday. September is supposed to be the month when people get back into work and push projects forward.
                                                                                                    I've been looking for jobs for the last six weeks, there's definitely been quite a pick-up in the last two weeks or so but August was a complete waste of time.

Comment

Car people, (bp_me, one of the Z's and think there were a few more!)

I'm trying to figure out what to do with regards to my current auto-situation.

please and thanks

Comment

Thank God. Yesterday was a snoozefest.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                          Buenos Aires grill deal on Menu Pages. I was there once c.5 years ago but vowed never to return. I am tempted. Anybody been there lately?
                                                                                                          Was there ~a year ago, no interest in returning.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                            But it was his 7th or 8th level, it all started at 100fpp so his actual profit was over $1m
                                                                                                            Never said it wasn't. Was just pointing out that it was a 107k fpp sat and not a 1k fpp sat. It started at 3fpp sats btw

Comment

I very much doubt that will happen.
                                                                                                              Hmmmm. I smell a stink...maybe a bot or something like that, though if it was they would surely be sensible enough to cash out and disappear.
                                                                                                              Something in this picture does not fit.

In other news the husband is a major drifter in the Oz murder / missing persons case, 7/4 from 4/6.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                Wouldn't they have appeared in that list above too?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  Wouldn't they have appeared in that list above too?
                                                                                                                  Would need to go back over 24 hours in the search.

Comment

The next few months in Spain are going to be fascinating, in a kind of morbid way.

The 'riots' last night were not riots, they were the riot police using excessive force against a peaceful (if boisterous) crowd of thousands, with the justification of a few kids throwing some beer cans at them. If the RUC had been so quick to use rubber bullets back in the day (and I know they did indeed use them a lot) I dread to think what the casualty toll would have got to in Northern Ireland.

Back in April police in Bilbao killed a football fan with a rubber bullet. By all accounts, it was a minor incident that did not require such a response, but as has been the case recently the police waded in on the attack. Because he was Basque and a football fan, the Spanish press didn't give it the coverage it warranted, and I'm fairly certain no policeman was ever held to account.

I think it's only a matter of time until someone is killed at one of these demonstrations in Madrid, and when that happens I think shit will really start to kick-off. This imminent civil unrest is part one of Spain's troika of shitstorm, something that may not be a problem for the north-east of the country because...

Catalonia seems to be awarding itself a right to self-determination. Since a million people attended a pro-independence movement a couple of weeks ago, the Catalan regional government have put in motion steps for a referendum. The president of Catalonia is not from a pro-independence party, and I think a lot of the current rhetoric is an attempt to strengthen their position at the negotiating table with the central government.

However, I get the impression that the movement has outgrown this and we appear to be heading towards a referendum. The Catalan elections in November will be a strong indicator, but right now staying in Spain does not look like such an attractive option, leaving aside the traditional clamour for independence that has existed for so long. If the minor issue of EU membership and the major issue of what league Barca would play in were clarified, then a referendum could pass. Of course the Spanish constitution makes such a referendum illegal, let alone the enforcing of a positive result. Here we have the second part of Spain's troika of shite, the richest part of the country appears to have found the exit and is in the process of picking the lock.

Part 3 is nothing too serious, just the issue of 25% unemployment (50% amongst young people) and the general awful state of the economy.

I'm going to have the popcorn out, but I'm also going to have a Ryanair tab open in case I need to hastily get off the sinking ship (only to be denied by one of those fucking captchas that O'Leary has been trolling us with).

Comment

Would need to go back over 24 hours in the search.
                                                                                                                      But that search looks to have been run from 20th to 25th

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                                        I'm going to have the popcorn out, but I'm also going to have a Ryanair tab open in case I need to hastily get off the sinking ship (only to be denied by one of those fucking captchas that O'Leary has been trolling us with).
                                                                                                                        The Bots are winning the captcha game as well as the financial markets, poker and just about everything else. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          But that search looks to have been run from 20th to 25th
                                                                                                                          True, those sats run for months before the event though. His account would have come up for review regularly including after the win so doubt there's anything majorly out of line going on. The only thing I find a bit strange is that he didn't take the $T rather than play the event.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X