• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by careca View Post
    I should have said BIGGER arrogant asshole
    How do you know a doctor at a party?

SPOILER
    HE TELLS YOU.

Comment

Anyone get tickets for any of the Arthur's Day events?

I'm looking for a list of who's supposed to be playing in what pubs but haven't had any joy...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        What's so bad about this?

Is it effectively moving back in with the folks?
        It can be so much worse than living with the folks.

All depends who you get really. Prob helps that you like a good gamble !!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          What's so bad about this?

Is it effectively moving back in with the folks?
          If its owner ocupied you do not have near the amount of rights legally as if you are the only tennant

Comment

Sounds like I should pay the rent, let the folks move in with your man and I'll take over the family home.

Mam always wanted a gardener

Comment

Quick Q, we're going to be running an online tournament league over 6 weeks with 2 tourneys per week. Top 9 players in the league contest the final table and the winner gets a Unibet Open Riga package (€2k) with 2nd and 3rd getting supersat tickets (€200). Thinking of setting the individual buyins to the tourneys at $10. Does that sound like a good number or would $5 be better iyo?

Comment

Premiership prediction comp pimpage.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  This is one of the myths of last year's game though. Tyrone were forced into shooting from those angles by the way Dublin set up their defence. It's high risk to a certain degree as you are saying to the opposition "you're not coming through the middle ever but if you can score from out there then fair play" but to suggest it was something Tyrone did independent of Dublin is false. Tyrone had no choice but to shoot from out there.
                  Can't really agree Kayroo. I appreciate Dublin were far better than they had been in previous years but Tyrone were still wasteful in areas I wouldn't have expected. I remember (maybe I need to watch it again) Cavanagh missing 2/3 chances which he would normally put over and also Mulligan wasting a massive goal chance where he basically hand passed the ball wide. As I said maybe I need to watch it again, but I def remember coming out of that game and thinking Tyrone had thrown it away.

Course I could have been in shock cos Kerry had been dumped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    It is a bit like you having gone out with a bird for 4 years, you break up with her and then 2 weeks later your best mate comes along and asks you if it is ok if he starts sticking her one. You say of course, sure I am over all that. But in reality when you see him with her you are very awkward and still have a flame burning with thoughts of what you got up to on certain nights. Well thats what the owner thinks when you throw your feet up on the coffee table. Much and all as people dont want awkwardness, it is impossible to avoid it.
                    You are on fire Hayes! RD is missing a rare treat over in London!
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I may have posted this yesterday but who cares , its worth watching again.
                      VOTE FOR MARIACHI CONNECTICUT & THE BELUGA TO WIN AN 'URLIE'http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/15/urlies-2011-the-cutest-vi_n_1150658.html#s545290&title=M...
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Pats players have pulled out of tonight's Europa League game due to a dispute over bonuses.

Comment

A mate just text me saying Canford Cliffs has been retired unsubstantiated as yet though.

Comment

Finished Season 1 of The Wire last night.

What a show.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                              Can't really agree Kayroo. I appreciate Dublin were far better than they had been in previous years but Tyrone were still wasteful in areas I wouldn't have expected. I remember (maybe I need to watch it again) Cavanagh missing 2/3 chances which he would normally put over and also Mulligan wasting a massive goal chance where he basically hand passed the ball wide. As I said maybe I need to watch it again, but I def remember coming out of that game and thinking Tyrone had thrown it away.

Course I could have been in shock cos Kerry had been dumped out.
                              I was at the game when Ronnie Drews death shocked me to my very core. The rainclouds opened up like Dublins defence and cried down on Dublin that day. Tyrone waltzed though us that day It was the same old story of Dublin lacking a leader in defence. Last year was a different story altogerher. The Dubs were determined the Tyrone were not getting such easy acess to a three pointer. There was extra steel and determination in defence. This limited Tyrone to taking shots from outside their normal range and with the extra competitive edge Dublin added to their game the pressure was on Tyrone to put what were normal starightforward points usually over the bar. This is how Dublin will play Tyrone, keep at them and don't concede ground in front of the keeper. Dublin went on to be eliminated in the semi due to a moment of madness from a player that should have been dragged off way before he did the damage. The Dubs can now compete with the best, and were unlucky to lose to Cork. I fail to see how anyone can think Tyrone will beat the Dubs by 4/5 points. I predict the same result as last year and Dublin to ultimately reach the final to hopefully slay the Kerrymen. This is the 2nd time in the last 15 years I've fancied us. Last year being the 1st.

LOLgaaball. Up the Dubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                A mate just text me saying Canford Cliffs has been retired unsubstantiated as yet though.
                                Confirmed on RP website

Comment

Hmmm injured or didn't want stud value to diminish any further with more inevitable beatings by Frankel.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                    I just got offered a medicine place is UCD

in shock
                                    Congrats BK, i decided to go to London in the end. See you back here in four years i'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                      Confirmed on RP website
                                      My second favorite flat horse of all time. Behind only George Washington (It was my best ever moment in flat racing when he blasted away from them in the QEII under Kinane that year, had a serious serious wedge on) and just in front if the dual Brigadier Gerard winner Mubtaker

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Quick Q, we're going to be running an online tournament league over 6 weeks with 2 tourneys per week. Top 9 players in the league contest the final table and the winner gets a Unibet Open Riga package (€2k) with 2nd and 3rd getting supersat tickets (€200). Thinking of setting the individual buyins to the tourneys at $10. Does that sound like a good number or would $5 be better iyo?
                                        Do players have to play all 12 games or is top 6 results count something like that?

$10 imo but all depends what your looking to attract. Do ye need to make the €2400 back or is that added?
                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          1.05 in running to be owner occupied
                                          Her name is Monica, she could be a hot milf.

Bonus imo

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                            Congrats BK, i decided to go to London in the end. See you back here in four years i'd imagine.
                                            Right choice imo.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                              Do players have to play all 12 games or is top 6 results count something like that?

$10 imo but all depends what your looking to attract. Do ye need to make the €2400 back or is that added?
                                              Top 8 results will count, to allow for people having other commitments etc. We're just trying to get as many people in it as poss. The prizes are all added.
                                              Just trying to balance it between people who mightn't want to shell out a max spend of $120 and those who wouldn't bother playing because $5 are too busto for them. I'm tending towards the $10 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                Right choice imo.
                                                We shall see, i don't have quite the same aversion to Dublin as you do but i'm pretty excited anyway. Lack of debt at the end of London swayed it for me in the end. Added bonus of loads of mates already in London + gf too.

Comment

Top 8 results will count, to allow for people having other commitments etc. We're just trying to get as many people in it as poss. The prizes are all added.
                                                  Just trying to balance it between people who mightn't want to shell out a max spend of $120 and those who wouldn't bother playing because $5 are too busto for them. I'm tending towards the $10 myself.
                                                  Where are you running the league? Is it through the site in your sig?

Comment

Ed you'll be delighted to hear Im gonna do the farm work.
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Where are the details for this tourny league? This sort of thing always appeals to me until for a few nights!

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                        Ed you'll be delighted to hear Im gonna do the farm work.
                                                        Donkey.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                          Donkey.
                                                          Whisht.

Itll be grand. 3 of us heading off to do it. That'll get me the 2nd year here and then Ill continue with my SE Asia, India and S.America plans.

Anything Ive been hearing from Ireland is bad so no point in going home after the above. Will come back here to work.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                            Where are you running the league? Is it through the site in your sig?
                                                            Yeah, we're adding the monies. Will be run on Unibet. Everyone who signs up to Unibet through us will be eligible. I'll post the details here when I have them. Good value imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                              Where are the details for this tourny league? This sort of thing always appeals to me until for a few nights!
                                                              I'll post them here when I have them. We'll be starting in about 3 weeks.

We'll also be doing a like-whoring competition on FB for a Super Poker Event Package.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                Thanks Willie

Im keeping a very open mind - gonna give everything a bash and see what areas take my fancy. Although in saying that Id love to do trauma. That would be my pick now if I had a choice
                                                                Congrats Tony: a long road ahead but you're obviously highly motivated to get there.

Comment

Went to see Captain America last night. It was a pile of cheesey awesomeness. Loved it.

Comment

Yeah, we're adding the monies. Will be run on Unibet. Everyone who signs up to Unibet through us will be eligible. I'll post the details here when I have them. Good value imo.
                                                                    Ugh, only opened a Unibet acc last week for satts. Still haven't been able to log in as they want a blood sample etc.

I guess that counts me out then!?!

Comment

Ugh, only opened a Unibet acc last week for satts. Still haven't been able to log in as they want a blood sample etc.

i am sure you can be sorted out, along with some tokens for the BBV crowd !!

Also, congrats BK on the news. Best of luck with the course.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

FFs Kev!

Get off Ireland people.

Team won't pack much punch. Scrappy game gtd

15 Kearney
                                                                        14 Trimble
                                                                        13 McFadden
                                                                        12 Wallace
                                                                        11 Fitzgerald
                                                                        10 Sexton
                                                                        9 TOL

1 Court
                                                                        2 Cronin
                                                                        3 Buckley
                                                                        4 Ryan
                                                                        5 Cullen (capt)
                                                                        6 McCarthy
                                                                        7 Ronan
                                                                        8 Leamy

Subs: Flannery, Horan, Hayes, MOD, McLaughlin, Boss, Jones
                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 04-08-11, 12:19.

Comment

Ditto. Opened one 2 days ago but yet to log in or deposit funds. Not the easiest site to download. Zuu, let me know what i need to do to be eligible for the league

Comment

Rumours abound that Tiger has been practicing like a demon for his return.

Have to place a wager then I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Ditto. Opened one 2 days ago but yet to log in or deposit funds. Not the easiest site to download. Zuu, let me know what i need to do to be eligible for the league
                                                                              Hmm, I think sites are usually sticky about that sort of thing. I emailed Unibet just now, but I wouldn't be confident. Strange that they need a lot of stuff from you. Usually that's only when you try to withdraw.

Comment

Watched Children of Men again last night, Pretty damn good feckin movie. Pull my finger, pull my finger.

Comment

Hi QQ............My son is over in the States, he's been there for last 3 years completely illegal, he now whats to come home, will he get any hassle at airport about overstaying his visa, plus I think he owes money for medical treatment, will that show up on computer at airport.

Thanks
                                                                                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Nope, but he'll never get back in.

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                                                      Hi QQ............My son is over in the States, he's been there for last 3 years completely illegal, he now whats to come home, will he get any hassle at airport about overstaying his visa, plus I think he owes money for medical treatment, will that show up on computer at airport.

Thanks
                                                                                      Mate of mine did 2 weeks inside and got a 10 year ban from the USA for exactly that

Comment

How do they get you on the way out? All you do is go through regular airport security.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                          Wow, if you actually bought that Noel you are even more of a legend in my eyes! No matter what you bought I am sure it is awesome though.

And speaking of snazzy red 'sports' cars, I'm actually making a last-gasp attempt to sell my bucket of bolts, am sick it at this stage. Anyone think this ad will do the trick? http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2403468. Even without the NCT (couldn't be bothered going to trouble and expense of fixing the thing myself, hopefully the buyer will though), I think I'm priced below similar on DoneDeal, given the six remaining months of tax. Actually going to try to live without a car for a while...eek!
                                                                                          Ended up getting loads of interest in my car ad after putting it up around half 7 last night - one lad actually came over from Blanchardstown to view it and we agreed on a price, but the deal fell through as he wanted both the Vehicle Licensing Cert AND the Change of Vehicle Ownership part of that, which the seller (that being me) has to make sure is mailed off after the car is sold. It was pretty funny and frustrating, I think it was a case of crossed wires, he was thinking I was gonna screw him and I'm thinking exactly the same! I've a new plan ready for next time (got the advice from Boards), I've a stamped envelope ready to go to the Dept of Transport, when I hand the car over and we fill out the form, we can walk to the nearest letterbox and post it together, should be enough to calm the mind of the most paranoid of car buyers!

I'm guessing I priced the car too keenly if anything, from all the interest, since the tax is worth €220 I'm only asking another €330 for the car itself.

Some funny negotiation all the same, the dude who checked it out last night came with a buddy, both really nice guys, from the Middle East somewhere I'd guess. Straight away they're talking about how nice the Docklands is (where I'm living right now), how bad the recession is and how they're struggling for steady work. Obv buttering me up for a lowball offer! Anyhow, they check out the car and the dude buying starts moaning about a dent, visible scratches and paint damage. I just laugh and say 'that's why I've priced it so low, no need to tell me about it!' He's going on about how much it will cost to fix this and that and I respond similarly to earlier, that's why I've priced it so low, it's a fecking 12-year-old car that runs fine with 6 months tax remaining, I'm not budging on price. I move to get into the car and drive it back into the underground car park a few times, but each time he ups his lowball offer by €50 (from €300, to €350, to €400, to €450) while I laugh and refuse to budge (I'd gotten so many calls last night that I knew I'll sell it one way or the other in the next week or so). In the end I moved down to €500 on the nose...so maybe his fecking 15 minutes of arguing was worth it?

And then the sale fell through of course...!

Comment

Would there be any value in getting to Mexico and then flying home from there or is it all the same how you leave the country? Getting barred from America is scary retarded.

Comment

How do they get you on the way out? All you do is go through regular airport security.
                                                                                              Dunno but they did, he was banged up for 2 weeks, deported and given a 10 year ban from the US Alaska and Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                Would there be any value in getting to Mexico and then flying home from there or is it all the same how you leave the country? Getting barred from America is scary retarded.
                                                                                                I was goping to sugguest this or canada the abn may be for 10 years as hurricane says
                                                                                                but im sure getting evena holdiay visa there would be a problem .
                                                                                                One thing about the states bring medical insurance hard if son is illegal.

Comment

Mate of mine did 2 weeks inside and got a 10 year ban from the USA for exactly that
                                                                                                  Yeah expecting the ban .....2 weeks inside ...wow......might shock some sense into him
                                                                                                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

That's weird I've bought and sold a ton of cars and never had any fall through on that basis. It's in the seller's interest to post it as if he doesn't he's liable for all tolls and fines.

Comment

That's weird I've bought and sold a ton of cars and never had any fall through on that basis. It's in the seller's interest to post it as if he doesn't he's liable for all tolls and fines.
                                                                                                      Yeah, that's why I flat out refused to give him the full cert (also worried about the ownership not being changed and the being used in crimes, etc...!) - I think he was just confused and thought there was a chance I could scam him by holding onto it. I've the stamped addressed envelope ready now so should make the sale a little easier.

For the PC gamers in the house: I've recommended Machinarium before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machinarium It is an awesome, awesome indie point-and-click adventure game. Anyhow, it's currently on sale via Steam, for just over €2, until 6pm today. If you game on Steam and don't already have it, it's a no-brainer IMHO.

Comment

Anyone want to get the old FB chat back? It's been wrecking my head and found a link that does it for you!

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hmm, I think sites are usually sticky about that sort of thing. I emailed Unibet just now, but I wouldn't be confident. Strange that they need a lot of stuff from you. Usually that's only when you try to withdraw.
                                                                                                            I downloaded it through Unibet and no other affiliate. As i've never logged in or deposited, surely it's the same?

Comment

nevermind, sorted.
                                                                                                              Last edited by thechamp87; 04-08-11, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                I downloaded it through Unibet and no other affiliate. As i've never logged in or deposited, surely it's the same?
                                                                                                                The way the league is run is that people who signed up through us will be automatically invited into each tournament. It's possible that to get you guys in they'd have to re-tag your account to us and they don't like doing that.
                                                                                                                I'll let you know what she says.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 04-08-11, 13:24.

Comment

The way the league is run is that people who signed up through us will be automatically invited into each tournament. It's possible that to get you guys in they'd have to re-tag your account to us and they don't like doing that.
                                                                                                                  I'll let you know what she says.
                                                                                                                  Cheers.
                                                                                                                  Hoping they might let us open new accounts perhaps as our accs haven't been validated or used yet.

Comment

Maybe MrsFlushdraw and Mrs DannyDiamond wold like to play? wink

lols if ye won tho

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      I think its quite common for people to do time for overstaying their Visa in the US but people are usually caught in other ways than leaving through airports.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                                        Maybe MrsFlushdraw and Mrs DannyDiamond wold like to play? wink

lols if ye won tho
                                                                                                                        lols at a woman winning a Poker tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                          lols at a woman winning a Poker tournament
                                                                                                                          where's that video of Sebst heads-up against some old wagon in a ladies poker tournament?
                                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X