Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm never really on Twitter any more, but I still check it once in a while.

Joe Stapleton (colour commentator for PCA) is hilarious though. If it is all his own material (which I'd say it is since he is a Stand Up comedian), it is brilliant. I recommend following him.

Comment

Watch Oh My Dayum LIVE PERFORMANCE with Daym Dropshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zBcwOqlp4cSubscribe: http://bit.ly/FeedMeMoreWatch my NEW Five Guys Revisi...

McDonalds released their NEW McBites and you know I had to shoot a review!Download "Dayum" by the Gregory Brothers on ITunes: http://bit.ly/PAxuBGMy FB Food ...
      Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 14-08-12, 21:06.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

FML. The vet just diagnosed me with shingles. Cock and balls.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
          Cock and balls shingles sounds like the worst type.

Comment

Wouldn't be nice on the Johnson, no sir.

Comment

Hope the rash isn't actually on your cock and balls. Nasty.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

You guys aren't helping.

Comment

Storms a brewin'

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ipoker being an arse connection wise for anyone else when betting etc?

Comment

iPoker Must Die

Comment

Always thought Groupon was a mickey mouse company, something akin to a ponzi scheme. Had no idea it was so big though http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking52.html

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                          Always thought Groupon was a mickey mouse company, something akin to a ponzi scheme. Had no idea it was so big though http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking52.html
                          In before Emmet.

Comment

Icarus all I can advise you to do here is to google image shingles, maybe read some stories online about it. That should make you feel better

Comment

he's awesome

I propose that all future restaurant reviews on this site be posted in this style and format
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                it's nearly as mickey mouse as Facebook, although its business model does make slightly more sense

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                  Icarus all I can advise you to do here is to google image shingles, maybe read some stories online about it. That should make you feel better
                                  I hope your poker advice is better then your feel better advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    it's nearly as mickey mouse as Facebook, although its business model does make slightly more sense

Already regretting using Mickey Mouse as a term of abuse

Can't see any long-term upside for the companies that get involved with Groupon. I want to see Facebook fail, though that's just my general dislike for it.

Comment

Our new addition , Daisy!

Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                        Our new addition , Daisy!

that dog reminds me of a poster from here

Comment

Who? Deffo not Damo. I didnt want a mastiff.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Has to be Rigg, even though i have never met him, it just looks like it could be him...
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                              Has to be Rigg, even though i have never met him, it just looks like it could be him...
                                              well he is my bitch

but no, it's not him

Comment

well he is my bitch

but no, it's not him

Comment

Comment

I hope your poker advice is better then your feel better advice.
                                                    It isn't.

Get well soon btw. Also I would get a second opinion from a Doctor. Not sure how qualified a vet is to diagnose you with shingles. Can dogs get shingles?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                      That doesnt looking like Robbie?? As in I dont think thats Robbie Renehan, son of Jay?
                                                      Oh thats Robbie all right. Son of Jaye. The old man might retire now!!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Anyone ever play the GUKPT Goliath £40 sat on ipoker with 3 x £1k packages gtd?

I thought it was a GUKPT sat but from what i can gather its a sat into a £100 game???

Please tell me I'm wrong.

(not won the seat yet btw 8 left with 3 tickets)
                                                            twitter
                                                            moneybookers

Comment

Watching the documentary 'Living for 32' on RTE about the shooting in Virginia Tech which features one of the survivors. Some incredible stuff but the fact some of the colleges have responded by allowing students to carry concealed weapons to protect themselves is mind boggling.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                1. Take pic of self
                                                                2. Upload to http://www.tineye.com/
                                                                3. Save €50 on cowboy GPs who'll do the exact same thing
                                                                I seriously think you underestimate how good a good GP is and you definitely shouldn't be encouraging people to diagnose themselves. Its absolutely fucking retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                  Anyone ever play the GUKPT Goliath £40 sat on ipoker with 3 x £1k packages gtd?

I thought it was a GUKPT sat but from what i can gather its a sat into a £100 game???

Please tell me I'm wrong.

(not won the seat yet btw 8 left with 3 tickets)
                                                                  £40 game where the £110 ticket and £890 cash for accom and flights.Probably at least 100% overlay in the game so even if you dont travel to the game serious value.

Comment

3. Save €50 on cowboy GPs who'll do the exact same thing
                                                                    What brought on this recent bout of anti-GPism?

I know it wasn't a genuine belief that the Internet > doctor (I dunno about yours but my laptop doesn't have a stethoscope attached).

Some GP screwed you or yours recently somehow. Wut happened?

Comment

hang in pal.it says 3packages gt.....had 41runners......wht user name for rail?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                        Watching the documentary 'Living for 32' on RTE about the shooting in Virginia Tech which features one of the survivors. Some incredible stuff but the fact some of the colleges have responded by allowing students to carry concealed weapons to protect themselves is mind boggling.

Opr
                                                                        Not really, a standard argument for allowing weapons in the US is that it allows people to defend themselves against attack

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                            I seriously think you underestimate how good a good GP is and you definitely shouldn't be encouraging people to diagnose themselves. Its absolutely fucking retarded.
                                                                            I've had several instances of a gp misdiagnosing something that I later worked out through google.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                              £40 game where the £110 ticket and £890 cash for accom and flights.Probably at least 100% overlay in the game so even if you dont travel to the game serious value.
                                                                              close to 100% all right thats why I played in the first place, I looked in the lobby and presumed it was GUKPT £1k tickets...fail by me.

Originally posted by terryl View Post
                                                                              hang in pal.it says 3packages gt.....had 41runners......wht user name for rail?
                                                                              madlad14
                                                                              Last edited by BallymoreChris; 14-08-12, 23:13.
                                                                              twitter
                                                                              moneybookers

Comment

...

Comment

After seeing how poor the Chinese are in the running events at London 2012, I'm gonna try my luck and not pay for my take-away tonight.

Comment

I'm just trying to be a more edgy poster

Do think its a profession that hasn't kept up to date with modern technology though. Well it has in the States, but definitely not in Ireland and the UK. Wouldn't mind so much in the UK where its free, but the fact that we're being charged €50 here for someone to usually utter something pointless like 'go home and have a rest' is quite annoying surely? How often would people visit a GP and here news where they go 'you know, i had no idea that was the case'; most of us just go for confirmation of something we already know, or because we can't get off work without a sick cert.
                                                                                    ?

If you want to use Doctors when you aren't actually sick, knock yourself out I guess?
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Do think its a profession that hasn't kept up to date with modern technology though. Well it has in the States, but definitely not in Ireland and the UK. Wouldn't mind so much in the UK where its free, but the fact that we're being charged €50 here for someone to usually utter something pointless like 'go home and have a rest' is quite annoying surely? How often would people visit a GP and here news where they go 'you know, i had no idea that was the case'; most of us just go for confirmation of something we already know, or because we can't get off work without a sick cert.
                                                                                      Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      I've had several instances of a gp misdiagnosing something that I later worked out through google.
                                                                                      Find a better GP imo.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

How do you do that? They don't allow themselves to be rated / examined
                                                                                            Well for a start next time try a different one and see how you find him/her. Also might be worthwhile to ask a local pharmacist, they would have a pretty good idea.

Comment

...

Comment

Really? A stethoscope is their unique selling point? Surely having to use a 200 year old technology as proof of what GPs bring to the game just demonstrates how lazy that profession is?
                                                                                                I use stethoscope as an example that obvious symptoms to us that we can Google may miss important markers for problems which we are not aware of.

I have had experiences of GPs not being great for random stuff, but I retain an optimistic hope that if I ever presented with something which turned out to be serious that they would have the gumption to point me in the right direction.

GPs are, to a great extent, gatekeepers within the medical community. They keep the randomers from clogging up the system up the line. If all they do is spot that something isn't right with a part of me and refer me to where I can get specialist assessment / treatment then job well done imo.

Comment

...

Comment

Not really, a standard argument for allowing weapons in the US is that it allows people to defend themselves against attack
                                                                                                    That doesn't mean the law should have allowed it which has happened.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        What brought on this recent bout of anti-GPism?
                                                                                                        ignorance mostly. As in not being aware of the facts as opposed to any kind of rudeness. People just see "50 euro" and then focus on the old GP stereotype to justify to themselves why they should save money and look things up on the net

Do you really think the GP gets 50 euro per visit? Consider the amount of medical card holders that see a GP and re evaluate that figure. Its the HSE and the attitude of people thats the problem. Lack of equipment is being addressed by creating medical centres to take pressure off the hospitals.

And never ever ever trust the internet to give good medical advice

Comment

...
                                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-08-12, 23:44.

Comment

Hitch is just pissed because on his last visit the GP broke out the little umbrella, but refused to follow up with the anal probe

Comment

Google search history also helps you determine how big a hypochondriac you are.

Have you have a mad itch in your bung hole more than three time in the last month. Then you could be suffering from Fingsnifferous. To find out more about Fingsnifferous speak to your GP or log onto www.swingthefing.ie.

Sponsered by Pfizer.
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I must be very lucky to have such an excellent GP judging by some of the posts here.

Comment

About 2 months ago someone posted an image of dogs and cats in which the dogs are all named by breed and the cats are all just named "cat". I can't find it - anyone have a link to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    That doesn't mean the law should have allowed it which has happened.

Opr
                                                                                                                    I don't even begin to understand this - the point is that they have very different attitudes to guns than they do here, it's only mind boggling if you attempt to understand the US's actions through the prism of our own, completely anti gun beliefs.

Comment

I use the VHI 24-hour medical helpline btw - staffed by nurses and doctors. No cost. That's quite an innovative service, although its an awful shame there isn't a free phoneline for everyone to call like in the UK. Apparently the VHI drop-in centres are excellent too.

As are these HSE Health Centres staffed by nurses. Nurses have an excellent level of training, so there isn't a huge amount more that a GP (as opposed to a medical specialist) would actually know.

Its not quite internet vs GP (which i was clearly joking about!). Although its a bit worrying that the two posters currently undergoing medical training instantly jump to the defence of a system that is highly sub-par without acknowledging any of its failings or trying to think about ways it could be improved

/okay, i think i'll finish my edgy posting for tonight as its quite exhausting.
                                                                                                                      I posted what was been done to try and improve the service. Nurses are not nearly half as well trained as GP's (all due respect) problems occur when they think they are as high pressure situations need a chain of command not people second guessing

/nurse rant

Comment

Also re internet advice how would you deal with someone who came to you to tell you how to do your job because they spent an hour researching it on the net?

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X